Oct 18, 2019 07:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Book 3: Change speculation thread [Links in first post]  (Read 198020 times)
NextFireBend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2475 on: Jun 28, 2014 12:48 pm »

I think Zaheer was an air acolyte or something. He seems well versed in his air nomad philosophies, and he got the hang of his airbending pretty quickly... Tongue

Maybe he was an air acolyte under Aang or something.

...What if he killed Aang?! Aang died before everyone else for some reason.
stupid
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2014 12:50 pm by NextFireBend » Logged

yo.
Uzuko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2476 on: Jun 28, 2014 01:13 pm »

I wonder if Zaheer and his gang are going to survive until the fourth season. Another new villain who wants to end the Age of the Avatar is going to be real old by then.
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2477 on: Jun 28, 2014 01:15 pm »

I doubt it, the Bryke have said themselves that each season is going to be a self-contained arc, with only miminal overlap with the other seasons.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #2478 on: Jun 28, 2014 01:19 pm »

I wonder if Zaheer and his gang are going to survive until the fourth season. Another new villain who wants to end the Age of the Avatar is going to be real old by then.

For all we know, the villain will just want to destroy the world, nothing less.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
PrincessBlazefire
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You know what time it is~

« Reply #2479 on: Jun 28, 2014 01:41 pm »

Maybe problems with the Earth Queen will trickle into Book 4. I haven't seen the leaked episodes, but I highly doubt anything is gonna happen to her before the season is up. The Dai Li may be gotten rid of, but I have a feeling the queen is gonna stick around.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2480 on: Jun 28, 2014 02:30 pm »

Hear me out: the "vines" are in fact a single vine. That's why Korra couldn't remove it with her spirit-calming technique: she only affected a "limb" of it. I also think that it is sentient and we will have a rather trippy scene where Korra meets the heart of the colony.
That sounds pretty cool actually.

Since we know that the vines are growing, do you think that when Korra returns to Republic City, they'll be covering the majority of the city?

"This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them."

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2481 on: Jun 28, 2014 02:40 pm »

Hear me out: the "vines" are in fact a single vine. That's why Korra couldn't remove it with her spirit-calming technique: she only affected a "limb" of it. I also think that it is sentient and we will have a rather trippy scene where Korra meets the heart of the colony.
That sounds pretty cool actually.

Since we know that the vines are growing, do you think that when Korra returns to Republic City, they'll be covering the majority of the city?

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/atla/204/569.jpg

"This is getting out of hand. Now there are two of them."

God hit Loopy, I've got the idea from 'The Swamp'  Wink.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #2482 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:20 pm »

Clip from episode 4:

http://korraspirit.tumblr.com/post/90160984621/korraspirit-bolins-breaking-news-brand-new
« Last Edit: Jun 28, 2014 08:24 pm by NeeNee » Logged

Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2483 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:42 pm »

I love this clip. One of the greatest Bolin moments ever. I have already watched it like 5 times on nick.com. I can't stop laughing.

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
Selofain
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am a worm on a cloud.

« Reply #2484 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:50 pm »

How did they manage to get back to the upper ring?

Keeper of Old Ba Sing Se and Piandao's sword mastery
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2485 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:52 pm »

Well you see, they dressed Pabu up as a ghost...
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #2486 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:52 pm »

They quantum tunneled their way through the walls.

(just kidding, it'll probably be explained before that scene happens)

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2487 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:57 pm »

Well you see, they dressed Pabu up as a ghost...

I am pretty sure Pabu was in the upper ring the whole time, but that would be great. I have a feeling it was something very clever that took a lot of effort considering how exhausted Bolin seems.

The existence of the leaks is starting to get really annoying because I don't want things to be spoiled. I would rather see it all the right way. I am even hesitant to watch random videos on youtube for risk of catching spoilers. I think I may have accidentally stumbled upon some already. It is very upsetting. Am I the only one that feels this way?

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
Katherine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2488 on: Jun 28, 2014 08:58 pm »

Maybe their giant family loaned them some train money and Bolin was in a rush to tell Korra the terrible news about the Earth Queen.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2489 on: Jun 28, 2014 10:46 pm »

I really like this idea.  It would explain the Sandslash spirit's statement that vines and spirits are one and the same (all of the vines comprise a giant spirit) while also explaining why the vines hit back so forcefully.  If the vines were just vines, I'm not sure how they could recognize Korra's spiritbending as an act of aggression.  If they're controlled by a giant spirit consciousness, though, it would make perfect sense that it could feel its vines being forced to retreat and see it as an attempt to kill it.

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2490 on: Jun 29, 2014 03:40 am »

I really like this idea.  It would explain the Sandslash spirit's statement that vines and spirits are one and the same (all of the vines comprise a giant spirit) while also explaining why the vines hit back so forcefully.  If the vines were just vines, I'm not sure how they could recognize Korra's spiritbending as an act of aggression.  If they're controlled by a giant spirit consciousness, though, it would make perfect sense that it could feel its vines being forced to retreat and see it as an attempt to kill it.

But if that's the case, why was Korra able to destroy the vines created by Vaatu when he tied her up to a in 'darkness falls'. She went into the avatar state and breathed fire on them.i think it's a bit of inconsistency.

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2491 on: Jun 29, 2014 04:36 am »

But if that's the case, why was Korra able to destroy the vines created by Vaatu when he tied her up to a in 'darkness falls'. She went into the avatar state and breathed fire on them.i think it's a bit of inconsistency.

You can physically destroy part of The Vine without invoking retaliation as it was shown at the beginning of 301 when Korra cleared a doorway with firebending and the damaged part just simply regrew without any aggressive response.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2492 on: Jun 29, 2014 07:28 am »

^ So it reacts to spiritual energy then. The waterbending technique Korra learned from Unalaq basically infuses the water with spiritual energy, like what healers do when treating patients, and that water then purifies whatever is inside of it.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #2493 on: Jun 29, 2014 07:48 am »

^ So it reacts to spiritual energy then. The waterbending technique Korra learned from Unalaq basically infuses the water with spiritual energy, like what healers do when treating patients, and that water then purifies whatever is inside of it.

Yeah. I think it should be physically indestructible if my theory is correct.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2494 on: Jun 29, 2014 09:33 am »

I think it reacts to spiritbending because that's actually a threat.  Physical damage can be repaired; spiritbending can actually destroy The Vine.

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2495 on: Jun 29, 2014 09:36 am »

^ couldn't Korra have tried bending the water in the vines and remove it that way. Or, could she have just touched the vines in the avatar state. Perhaps the vines might react to the spiritual energy of the Avatar state, kind of like how the spirt portals only recated to the AS.

BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2496 on: Jun 29, 2014 12:10 pm »

Now take this with a grain of salt, since it could very well change in the next two weeks, but Comcast is currently listing two episodes for July 11: In Harms Way and The Metal Clan.

If it is true… what the hell, Nick?
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2497 on: Jun 29, 2014 12:39 pm »

Now take this with a grain of salt, since it could very well change in the next two weeks, but Comcast is currently listing two episodes for July 11: In Harms Way and The Metal Clan.

If it is true… what the hell, Nick?

That's good news isint it. However, it would have been better for the fans to watch eps 5 and 6 as they are kind of two parters.

BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2498 on: Jun 29, 2014 12:48 pm »

That's good news isint it. However, it would have been better for the fans to watch eps 5 and 6 as they are kind of two parters.

First off:

Second: why are they clumping episodes together? There is no reason to clump them together. Nick is doing weird stuff this season, bringing the book out with little fanfare and only a weeks notice, right before a break for a holiday, the episodes have all been pulled from iTunes (where they sold very, very well)

I'm not sure what Nick is playing at, but I don't like it...
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #2499 on: Jun 29, 2014 12:55 pm »

Yeah something is strange. At this rate in just 3 weeks (1 without any airing) half the season is done. I too would like to know why the episodes have vanished from iTunes. Having followed through ATLA and it's glorious (sarcasm implied) airing schedule I gave up on trying to understand Nick and how it deals with this franchise.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: