Dec 15, 2019 02:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Would the cast ever perform the comic stories?  (Read 3921 times)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« on: Nov 03, 2013 07:50 pm »

Remember at a convention they had Dante Basco and Mae Whitman perform parts in the Promise, which was awesome. After reading the Search, I want that performed live. I want to hear the voices of these characters perform the lines.

At the very minimum, I really want Dante Basco and Grey DeLisle to read their character lines in certain scenes. I know Dante did it once so why wouldn't he do it again, Grey is awesome and loves the Azula character, I know she would do it if her schedule allowed it.

Fixed typo in thread title. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Nov 03, 2013 07:57 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #1 on: Nov 03, 2013 07:55 pm »

Honestly, that would be pretty cool. What would be even better though is if the comics are eventually adapted into 90 minutes animated TV movies. It won't happen but I can dream.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2013 10:12 pm »

Radio plays. Have a good author rewrite them into Radio Plays, the way Brian Daley rewrote the classic Star Wars movies for radio. Then get as much of the original voice cast as you can, but recast as needed.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2013 07:57 pm »

Mae Whitman and Dante Basco's reading of parts of the Promise Part 1 was quite entertaining.  I'd love to see that again, perhaps released in a more professional fashion.  Gotta love Mae and Dante for doing that live for fans.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2013 08:31 pm »

Jack DeSena joined them for a reading of The Search Part 1. Now if they could get Zachary Tyler Eisen to show up and do a read it would be epic.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2013 01:46 pm »

Well, Zach Tyler Eisen might not be able to do it even if he wants to...unless you think Aang's voice completely maturing by the time he's 13 is plausible.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2013 05:35 pm »

Aang is about 14 now in the comics, so its not like has to stay forever young. Some people's voices do get mature at a younger age.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2013 09:15 pm »

Aang is about 14 now in the comics, so its not like has to stay forever young. Some people's voices do get mature at a younger age.

IIRC he's still just 13.  The Promise and the Search take place a year after Sozin's Comet.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2013 09:20 pm »

A:TLA spans over the course of at least a year. He was 12 at the beginning, so he has to be at least 14 or close to it by now. Seeing as how Jack DeSena and Dante were able to voice the younger versions of their characters it shouldn't be too hard for Zachary unless his voice is deeper than James Earl Jones.
Nelson64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Nov 16, 2013 06:12 am »

Remember at a convention they had Dante Basco and Mae Whitman perform parts in the Promise, which was awesome. After reading the Search, I want that performed live. I want to hear the voices of these characters perform the lines.

At the very minimum, I really want Dante Basco and Grey DeLisle to read their character lines in certain scenes. I know Dante did it once so why wouldn't he do it again, Grey is awesome and loves the Azula character, I know she would do it if her schedule allowed it.

Fixed typo in thread title. ~ Icy

WHERE AND WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN!?! I wanna hear it!!
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2013 03:53 pm »

You have me as personal evidence. My voice was already a bit "mature" when I was 13. Puberty is different for everyone and can happen as early as 9.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
tommytoe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

When love is real, it finds a way

« Reply #11 on: Sep 10, 2014 05:12 pm »

A:TLA spans over the course of at least a year.
Actually it takes place over one summer. In the season 1 Winter Solstice episodes Roku warns Aang that Sozin's Comet will be back by the end of summer and the series finale takes place during that time.

Nitpicking is fun.  Wink
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #12 on: Sep 10, 2014 05:30 pm »

Dante Basco said in a Q&A that he would be absolutely willing to do voice over work for the comics.

Grey DeLisle, Mae Whitman, Jack DeSena, and Jessie Flower would all probably be happy to return as well. I don't even think it is much of a stretch at all to have Mark Hamill return unless he is way too busy with the upcoming Star Wars projects.

Zach Tyler Eisen is the probably the holdout. His voice could probably work for a 14 year old Aang but I'm not sure. He seems unlikely to ever voice Aang again.

Oh, and of course I would love Greg Baldwin to return as Iroh. I don't think anyone besides Mako himself or Greg would be able to touch Iroh.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #13 on: Sep 11, 2014 05:33 am »

A:TLA spans over the course of at least a year.
Actually it takes place over one summer. In the season 1 Winter Solstice episodes Roku warns Aang that Sozin's Comet will be back by the end of summer and the series finale takes place during that time.

Nitpicking is fun.  Wink

LOL. You know that between a Winter Solstice and a Summer Solstice (The Avatar and the Fire Lord), there are, like, an almost-full winter and a full spring other than just a summer  Wink?

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Sep 15, 2014 01:44 am »

i am so glad everyone likes when the voice actors read from the comics live! it has been a treat getting them assembled for SDCC.

There are tricky bits to their appearances for conventions. For example, they may not be available at the time of the convention. In regards to Zach Tyler Eisen, you may know he is currently a college student, with many responsibilities. I promise you , we have tried Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: