Jul 23, 2019 06:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 59 (72.8%)
9 - 12 (14.8%)
8 - 6 (7.4%)
7 - 2 (2.5%)
6 - 0 (0%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (1.2%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 1 (1.2%)
Total Voters: 81

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [213] Darkness Falls  (Read 22538 times)
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Korrami ♪ TyZula ♬ Kataang ♫ Maiko ♫ Bopal ♪ Sukka

« Reply #175 on: Dec 14, 2013 02:50 pm »

I thought only Wan's human friends died. In fact, I am sure it was only them, Vaatu said so himself and you see Aye-Aye at the end when Wan closes the southern portal.

But then, we must have seen Aye-Aye, too, when he's immortal? Which we did  not...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Quote from: Fishfood1
you're the king of yuri on ASN
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #176 on: Dec 15, 2013 12:19 am »

Hey, Spirit World is a big place. You know, being a world and all.

Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #177 on: Dec 18, 2013 02:23 am »

Does anyone know why Korra did not just use Aang'a eemengal sphere technique to fight Unalaq. The technique would be so effective avgainst a foe like him, as would allow kora to fly through the air at high speeds. It provides the best deafness am d offence.

« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2013 02:28 am by AvatarReiko » Logged

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #178 on: Dec 18, 2013 05:49 am »

She tried bending all 4 elements, but it seems up to now Korra has not yet reached the level of Aang's abilities ... especially when it comes to airbending, me thinks...

yours Rava

Keeper of Aang's Vision of Toph - Iroh's Spirit World sight - Toph's badgermole kiss - Lion turtle's chanting ---  Smiley
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #179 on: Dec 18, 2013 05:55 am »

She tried bending all 4 elements, but it seems up to now Korra has not yet reached the level of Aang's abilities ... especially when it comes to airbending, me thinks...

Yes, but in the avatar state, she has acsess to all Aang's abilities. Then again, if she has not mastered air bending, regardless of Aangs knowledge, he will not be able to execute the technique effectively.

Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #180 on: Dec 18, 2013 01:17 pm »

Yes, but in the avatar state, she has acsess to all Aang's abilities. Then again, if she has not mastered air bending, regardless of Aangs knowledge, he will not be able to execute the technique effectively.

I think there is a reason why the way to a fully realized Avatar was in ATLA one of the main issues... I think, only an Avatar who mastered all 4 bending ways at master level can achieve amazing feat when in the Avatar state...

yours Rava

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #181 on: Dec 18, 2013 01:22 pm »

Let's not forget that Aang's power was also charged from the comet, as far as his firebending is concerned.

Edit : HOMIGOSH it's my 666th post...
« Last Edit: Dec 18, 2013 01:25 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Rava
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #182 on: Dec 18, 2013 01:30 pm »

Let's not forget that Aang's power was also charged from the comet, as far as his firebending is concerned.

Indeed, forgot that detail. xD

yours Rava

Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #183 on: Dec 18, 2013 01:54 pm »

All this is true but Korra already showed the ability to create the elemental sphere. Also, Korra has mastered the elements. Fire bending doesn't really have an effect on the elemental sphere's effectiveness. It's more air bending than anything else. The elenetal sphere would still will with air bending alone

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #184 on: Dec 18, 2013 02:29 pm »

She could do it as it seems, but power of plot is too strong.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #185 on: Dec 18, 2013 02:52 pm »

Yh,I guess you're right. With Aang, that technique and power up was nessassr, as comet enhanced Ozai was simply too strong. Had Aang used the avatar state in the way that korra was using against Unalaq, he would of struggled.

newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #186 on: Jan 01, 2014 12:00 am »

I have to say, and this is a weird thing to critique... but the colors of the finale episodes really were offputting for me.. that weird purple/turquoise combination, I don't know haha it really threw me off.

Otherwise, my general feelings were that the episodes were well done; however, too much action and too little story being told.

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #187 on: Jan 01, 2014 12:02 am »

I have to say, and this is a weird thing to critique... but the colors of the finale episodes really were offputting for me.. that weird purple/turquoise combination, I don't know haha it really threw me off.

Ha, you're not the only one. I mean, I didn't mind the purple-turquoise combination too much, but I didn't like the way it looked with republic city's yellow glow, combined with the water's deep blue. I'd have preferred if the water and republic city both were far more purple tinted, or something like that, to combine it all a bit.

Otherwise, my general feelings were that the episodes were well done; however, too much action and too little story being told.

I like an action episode now and then. Studio mir is good at the action. Add some of zuckerman's LoK soundtrack and it's golden. Many of scenes in the series thusfar that I find flow best and are put together the best, are the fightscenes. The first fight with the chi-blockers in 'the revelation' for example, or the fight on top of the bending arena in 'and the winner is..'.  Korra and Mako fighting Amon in 'endgame' (deus ex mechanica resolution aside, those scenes have so much rewatchvalue for me. Maestro, musica!) Or Wan's fights in 'beginnings'.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2014 12:06 am by Spiritwhisperer » Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
newavatarfan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a real legend

« Reply #188 on: Jan 01, 2014 12:20 am »

Ha, you're not the only one. I mean, I didn't mind the purple-turquoise combination too much, but I didn't like the way it looked with republic city's yellow glow, combined with the water's deep blue. I'd have preferred if the water and republic city both were far more purple tinted, or something like that, to combine it all a bit.

I like an action episode now and then. Studio mir is good at the action. Add some of zuckerman's LoK soundtrack and it's golden. Many of scenes in the series thusfar that I find flow best and are put together the best, are the fightscenes. The first fight with the chi-blockers in 'the revelation' for example, or the fight on top of the bending arena in 'and the winner is..'.  Korra and Mako fighting Amon in 'endgame' (deus ex mechanica resolution aside, those scenes have so much rewatchvalue for me. Maestro, musica!) Or Wan's fights in 'beginnings'.

The action scenes in avatar are fantastic, no doubt, but I think they sacrificed too much storytelling for the sake of action in the finale. This season has to be my second favorite, surpassed only by Earth from the original series. I love the characters, the stories, the background. But when it came to the finale, I felt like so little actually happened outside of the fighting. Or maybe its just the horrid landscape that the fight took place in... perhaps if they fought in a place more meaningful to the story (like republic city, at the very end), it would have felt more story driven. In that arid landscape it felt too much like DBZ or something, lol, too removed from what Korra was fighting for.

Lunar_Prodigy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #189 on: Jan 01, 2014 11:03 am »

The action scenes in avatar are fantastic, no doubt, but I think they sacrificed too much storytelling for the sake of action in the finale. This season has to be my second favorite, surpassed only by Earth from the original series. I love the characters, the stories, the background. But when it came to the finale, I felt like so little actually happened outside of the fighting. Or maybe its just the horrid landscape that the fight took place in... perhaps if they fought in a place more meaningful to the story (like republic city, at the very end), it would have felt more story driven. In that arid landscape it felt too much like DBZ or something, lol, too removed from what Korra was fighting for.

I can kind of see where you are coming from with the setting of the final battle, however I disagree. The battle in Republic City at the end seemed completely random if you look at the big picture. Like why would Unavaatu travel all that way to start his attack on the entire world. And it did make sense for the battle to take place between the spirit world and both the northern and southern portals. I enjoyed the fact that they kept bouncing between the spirit world and the material world. It was quite relevant to the power of Harmonic Convergence.

Keeper of Yue's "You didn't protect me" Sokka's "She's the moon, she flies by herself"
and Wan Shi Tong's understanding of the radio being "tiny men in boxes"
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #190 on: Jan 01, 2014 11:12 am »

If anything, he should of traveled to Ba sing se, considering that's where most of the worlds population reside, and the the heart of the earth kingdom.

Froggy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The one and only!

« Reply #191 on: Jan 01, 2014 11:59 am »

Most likely RC are more technological advanced when Earth Kingdom, at that was main reason why he chosen it.

(\__/)
(+'.'+)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny to your signature help him gain world domination.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #192 on: Jan 01, 2014 12:30 pm »

Unalaq is a fundamentalist. He holds his own traditions in high regard and opposes anyone that doesn't agree with him. He sees the world as nothing but an impurity of his views and decides that he wants to hit the reset button by forcing the so called heretics into his views on spirituality.

Why does he attack RC first? Because he sees it as the biggest offender. The city has zero connection to the spirits, its population is diverse and yet have no connection to their cultural identities, social status is determined by how much money you have, and most importantly, it is symbol of everything that went wrong after the 100 year war. Aang had to break tradition on the Avatar's duty because he had to accommodate for FN colonists for living on technically stolen land.
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #193 on: Jan 01, 2014 02:33 pm »

Well, Unalaq and Roku have something in common, in the sense that they were both fundamentalists. When Sozin approached Roku he shot him down very hard starting "the nations are meant to be that, four" he also  showed this in his discussion with Aang, regarding his decision to allow the fire nation stay in you dao and create republic city. He was dead set on wanting Aang to kill Zuko and remove the fire nation colonies, despite the problems it is currently causing amongst the earth kingdom and fire nation people.

djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #194 on: Jun 29, 2014 10:18 pm »

Nice episode!

Mako, Bolin, you had ONE JOB. GET OUT, YOU'RE FIRED.

TWINS, ARE YOU DISTURBED NOW? ARE YOU?

Tenzin, Kya and Bumi remain my favourite things in this season. Yes, more sibling adventures, please.

Jinora. I think you've been reading far too much Magical Girl Shoujo.

VaatiVaatu looks like Yu Yevon. Hmmm...the video game references are strong with this one.

Gah, I felt a tug of emotion as Korra lost her connection with the Forcethe past lives. You know what would have made that scene even better? IF WE HAD TAKEN AN ENTIRE SEASON JUST TO FOCUS ON THAT ONE PLOT POINT RATHER THAN A BAJILLION OTHER FLYAWAY PLOTS.

I'm not the only one am I that looked at Dark Avatar Super Saiyan Form and thought "gee, that dude looks a lot like Mon*Star..."?

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

8/10
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2014 10:20 pm by djinn » Logged

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #195 on: Jun 30, 2014 05:07 pm »

I'm not the only one am I that looked at Dark Avatar Super Saiyan Form and thought "gee, that dude looks a lot like Mon*Star..."?

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/79025/2033226-mon_star.jpg

Anybody? Anybody? Bueller?

I had forgotten about him, but now that you bring it up, I can definitely see it.

Too bad Unalaq didn't have an eyepatch.

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #196 on: Oct 24, 2014 02:55 pm »

Like the last episode, all that can really be said about this one is that the non-stop action was kind of cool. I honestly prefer this half of the finale to the second due to the fact that it was able to be dramatic without going off into absurdity.

Anyway, Tenzin had a nice victory in his subplot. I think I enjoyed his character arc more than anyone elses. The scene where he saved his family was beautiful. Zhao also made the scene great. His cameo was fanservice done right.

Bolin's moment with Eska was kind of cute. I think their relationshp made no sense, but whatever.

Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #197 on: Nov 01, 2014 01:47 pm »

I love this episode a lot. One of my favorites.

The only gripes I can find with it:
-The Dark Avatar magically has a tentacle come out of his mouth and rip Raava out of Korra.
-Why didn't Korra and Unalaq go into their Avatar States more?

All in all, an amazing episode. It's too bad the next episode was a little too vague and full of plot-convenience.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: