Aug 18, 2017 06:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 42 (60%)
9 - 15 (21.4%)
8 - 9 (12.9%)
7 - 2 (2.9%)
6 - 2 (2.9%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 70

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [212] Harmonic Convergence  (Read 14890 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #200 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:42 pm »

True, but Bumi isn't supposed to be a main character going through an arc. (Also, I find Bumi funnier than Bolin.) I'd enjoy a comedy series in which Bumi has crazy adventures in which he accidentally saves the day. Like Inspector Gadget.

Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #201 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:44 pm »

Stu, don't lock yourself away! Don't be consumed by darkness! Sad

That being said, I would like to see Bumi come up with a great strategy ONCE and implement it. And be serious about it, if only for a second in his life.
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #202 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:47 pm »

True, but Bumi isn't supposed to be a main character going through an arc. (Also, I find Bumi funnier than Bolin.) I'd enjoy a comedy series in which Bumi has crazy adventures in which he accidentally saves the day. Like Inspector Gadget.

Fair, but I suppose I'm looking at this from the perspective that in this series, Bumi's comedic misadventures is completely misplaced. In the context of everything, he just looks ridiculously sad.

There's also the fact that we've pretty much confirmed that nonbenders as a whole are pretty much useless, so that's also chafing me a bit.

That being said, I would like to see Bumi come up with a great strategy ONCE and implement it. And be serious about it, if only for a second in his life.

It's far too late for me, ha.

For your second point, I agree. So much.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2013 04:57 pm by Stupendous » Logged

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #203 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:51 pm »

Lol, well THERE's a spoiler. xD I haven't watched the finale. Lips sealed
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #204 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:55 pm »

Then why aren't you in the spoiler free thread?

This is not a "spoiler" because it was officially released.

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #205 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:57 pm »

Lol, well THERE's a spoiler. xD I haven't watched the finale. Lips sealed

!!!

I'm sorry! I have just watched all four episodes in a row, but so I don't really remember which episode is which right now. D: I'll edit to save everyone else.

EDIT: if it helps any, that absolutely wasn't the biggest spoiler of the finale.

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
Tongone
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #206 on: Nov 16, 2013 04:59 pm »

DUDE, don't worry, I was saying it in jest. xD I plan on watching the finale next week, but I know that people are free to discuss it here. I don't mind that Stu told me that, I don't mind hearing spoilers. It was just funny because it was such a big moment of the finale that she just casually threw out. Cheesy

Stu, you can put it back in your post. Cheesy
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #207 on: Nov 16, 2013 05:01 pm »

DUDE, don't worry, I was saying it in jest. xD I plan on watching the finale next week, but I know that people are free to discuss it here. I don't mind that Stu told me that, I don't mind hearing spoilers. It was just funny because it was such a big moment of the finale that she just casually threw out. Cheesy

Stu, you can put it back in your post. Cheesy

To be fair, at least that shows you how much it emotionally impacted me--i.e. absolutely not at all. xP

And eh, I'll leave it out and just be a bit more careful.

Water Chief
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chief of the water tribe

« Reply #208 on: Nov 16, 2013 10:21 pm »

Okay I'll ask this, why didn't Korra just close the portal from outside the spirit world? Wan did it.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #209 on: Nov 16, 2013 10:45 pm »

I guess it'd be better to be on the inside and know what the heck Unalaq is busy with. If they were too late, they could immediately start containing Vaatu.

Plus, if they sealed the southern portal from the outside, they wouldn't be able to get to the northern one anymore without travelling the entire globe.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #210 on: Nov 16, 2013 10:50 pm »

I wonder why when they were trying to get the twins to switch sides, that at one point Korra is just talking to Desna, they are cousins, maybe she knows something like he really looked up and hero worship Unalaq. Had a relatiohship with his dad that differs from Eska relationship with their dad.

Or could it be simply she recognises Desna as the alpha twin and if you get him to switch, Eska will follow. But I don't think so, there is no evidence that shows Desna in the alpha twin, in the next episode when Mako and Bolin tries to reason with them, Desna starts to conteplate things and Eska cuts him off and says don't trust them, than Bolin gets Eska to turn and Desna follows her lead. So I don't think it is that.
« Last Edit: Nov 16, 2013 11:09 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #211 on: Nov 16, 2013 10:52 pm »

Okay I'll ask this, why didn't Korra just close the portal from outside the spirit world? Wan did it.

Um...that is actually a good point. I'm not really sure how to answer that.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Twilight
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #212 on: Nov 16, 2013 11:02 pm »

^ To keep an eye on Unalaq. Too dangerous to leave to chance.

I wonder why when they were trying to get the twins to switch sides, that at one point Korra is just talking to Desna, they are cousins, maybe she knows something like he really looked up and hero worship Unalaq. Had a relatiohship with his dad that differs from Eska relationship with their dad.

Or could it be simply she recognises Desna as the alpha twin and if you get him to switch, Eska will follow. But I don't think so, there is no evidence that shows Desna in the alpha twin, in the next episode when Mako and Bolin tries to reason with them, Desna starts to conteplate things and Eska cuts him off and says don't trust them, than Bolin gets Eska to turn and Desna follows her lead. So I don't thing it is that.

If you look at their expressions closely, you can see Desna is actually thinking about what she's saying. He looks unsure, while Eska looks angry/defiant.

and the award for worst username in retrospect goes to...
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #213 on: Nov 16, 2013 11:13 pm »

Or could it be simply she recognises Desna as the alpha twin and if you get him to switch, Eska will follow. But I don't think so, there is no evidence that shows Desna in the alpha twin, in the next episode when Mako and Bolin tries to reason with them, Desna starts to conteplate things and Eska cuts him off and says don't trust them, than Bolin gets Eska to turn and Desna follows her lead. So I don't thing it is that.

If you look at their expressions closely, you can see Desna is actually thinking about what she's saying. He looks unsure, while Eska looks angry/defiant.

So maybe I read too deep into it, but Desna reaction does show he at one time idoalised his dad. It is only natural a father / son relationship and father / daughter relationship is going to be different.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Wan-Shi-Tong-Servant
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #214 on: Nov 16, 2013 11:17 pm »

It's far too late for me, ha.

Where is this fabled Angry Spirits thread? I think I would be more welcome there than on the main episode threads. XD

An in-depth examination of ATLA. Ty Lee meets Azula's targets: complete strangers, yet their auras glow invitingly. Kataang, TyLokka, sibling!Toko http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5732344/1/What_Meets_the_Eye

Undertale fanfic:
http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=24342.msg2465903#msg246590
TimeyWimeyBender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #215 on: Nov 17, 2013 03:06 am »

First of all, WAAAY back on Page 1:

"I think it's the syphilis talking... but Spike has a point."

BWAH! Lavanya Six, I loves me some Buffy quotage!

If they're trying to get me to like Mako by giving his cool-guy look more silly, "comedic" animation, it's not working. Mako, you're still a weasel.

To paraphrase a poster way back in Book 1 who totally called it with his singular rooster crow: Bumi is ABSOLUTELY the product of Aang and Sokka's combined genes. I just wish he also had inherited even just a teaspoon of their competence.

Erm... what is this nonsense people are posting about how Asami is only obsessing over Mako and not the fate of the world? To reiterate what SMBH said way back on Page 6: Asami was completely on the ball the entire friggin' time. She picked up the SWT distress call. She came up with the aerial attack (yeah, it didn't work, but it was the best and only idea put forth). She flew the plane like a damn boss. She is ABSOLUTELY focused on the mission. And when Korra took charge post-Bumi rescue and gave Asami a decidedly less-conflict-y mission (get my dad some healin'), she followed orders, no questions.

Are y'all referring to Asami's singular look of disapproval when Korra and Mako made with the smoochies right in front of her in the previous episode? How was she SUPPOSED to react? That IS still her boyfriend (unless the broke up off screen, like Book 1, AGAIN), and she hadn't yet heard that Korra lost her memory. As far as she or anyone can tell, Korra sweeps in with a big 'ol kissie right in front of her, and Mako isn't exactly quick to correct Korra on what his current relationship status is. Don't get me wrong, it would be awkward, but it would be the responsible thing to do:

Mako: "Korra, you've clearly got a case of denial going on, so I need to be straight with you before you embarrass us both with another PDA again, and inform you that we broke up. And I'm with Asami now. She and I hooked up, like, a day after I broke up with you. Kinda like how I hooked up with you, like, a day after breaking up with Asami. So, I'm gonna go and snog Asami now. You know. My current girlfriend. But hey, with my track record, keep that kiss pending, because the day after I break up with Asami, history says I'll be making out with you!"

Yup. I really don't like Mako again. It's nice to know that the loathing was still there all along, it was just hiding under a layer of Serious Bland for Book 2.

Oh, and again, unless I missed something, lay off my girl Asami. It's a damn miracle she hasn't turned super-villain yet. She is NOTHING but selfless, long-suffering, and heroic on an epic scale. Except for the weirdly out-of-character moment of her not visiting Mako in prison, that was weird.

And I agree with those who have been wondering why Korra doesn't bust out of those shackles. She has four kinds of bending at her disposal. She can go into the Avatar State at will. The hell?
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #216 on: Nov 17, 2013 07:42 am »

And I agree with those who have been wondering why Korra doesn't bust out of those shackles. She has four kinds of bending at her disposal. She can go into the Avatar State at will. The hell?
The same question can be asked for all those times of danger she faced in Book 1. Why didn't the Avatar State bust out to help her? Sure, she blinks in and out of will in Book 2 after getting her airbending but I don't think she is very spiritually connected with her... spiritual power like what Unalaq said. She merely uses the AS as a power boost like what Tenzin mentioned back in 201. Korra has to learn to delve more into her spiritual connection.

Plus when you're worn out, exhausted, and very injured, you don't have the strength to fight. Korra only regained her motivation when Bumi slid into the tent to save the day and I suspect she was running on adrenaline for most of 213. You can see how she struggled to even raise an arm to attempt to touch Raava. She had to be supported by Mako & Bolin to stand up.

Forgot to mention that I finally got my wish to see Katara bending! Even if it was healing bending, it was still bending nonetheless!

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Water Chief
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chief of the water tribe

« Reply #217 on: Nov 17, 2013 06:10 pm »

I guess it'd be better to be on the inside and know what the heck Unalaq is busy with. If they were too late, they could immediately start containing Vaatu.

Plus, if they sealed the southern portal from the outside, they wouldn't be able to get to the northern one anymore without travelling the entire globe.

I thought about it more and it makes sense now. They needed Tenzin, Kya and Bumi to go in for Jinora.
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #218 on: Nov 17, 2013 10:56 pm »

- HAHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, I understand Mako this time. This really ISN'T the right moment, and she's scary.
- So Kya isn't as good as a healer as her mother?
- How did Bumi make career as a general if he can't keep fiction from reality?
- Why would you say "There's no way they'll be expecting this"? Why, Mako?
- Why would you take an earthbender on a plane anyway? And in a land made of ice? Wouldn't it have been smarter to send Kya or something?
- Never mind, I guess they needed her in the other group.
- Why does Mako have the same fire power as comet-powered Ozai?
- The bombs are a good move.
- That plane crash should've been lethal without ejection seats.
- "There's still a chance! They didn't get Bumi!" "deep sigh" Oh Tenzin, you really don't trust your brother, do you? Cheesy
- Remind me never to hire spirits as protective forces. They don't get the job.
- That's some impressive waterbending.
- Oh sh*t.
- Well, good luck, mister president.
- And suddenly I'm glad I don't have to wait a week for the next episode.

Still nice. Why weren't all episodes like this? It's the first time in the season that I'm really enjoying it.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #219 on: Nov 19, 2013 08:09 pm »

3146 HD screenshots (thanks, plushu!)

http://korra.avatarspirit.net/screenshots.php?quality=hd&num=212

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Hawkflame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Don't cross the Melon Lord

« Reply #220 on: Nov 28, 2013 01:41 am »

You know, Tenzin, when you're basically conducting an invasion, it might be a good idea to listen to your older brother the experienced General with a few decades of military background, no matter how crazy his stories are.  Just saying. 

Mostly a lot of fighting this episode, but then, in an action fantasy series, that's never really a bad thing.  I do like how Bolin and Mako were able to hold off Unalaq, and a lot of the aerial combat was pretty impressive.  Bumi taking out the while encampment by accident was a little silly, but hey.  It's Bumi. 

There's something about this episode that reminds me of the ending of Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, but to keep from spoiling that series, I'll just keep it at that. 
Katara_waterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The water tribe rules!

« Reply #221 on: Jun 06, 2014 11:39 am »

I really liked how everyone worked together in this episode to try and stop Harmonic Convergence from happening.  I also love how Korra asks Asami to take her father back to Senna!  Yes!  We finally get confirmation that Senna is a healer!  I hope we get to see her healing in book 3!  I also love the scene where team Avatar returns to the SWT and Korra and her mother are reunited.  The hug they shared was so needed.  I almost started crying when Korra promised her mother she would bring her Dad back safely!  And again when Korra tried to help her father when she found him injured.  Korra's parents are awesome and I love Korra's loyalty and bond with them in the show!

"You're going to get through this. I love you so much." Senna
Katara_waterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The water tribe rules!

« Reply #222 on: Jun 06, 2014 11:50 am »

I definitely agree with what you said re: Senna!  I was waiting for that!  It would have been so cool!  I love Senna so much!  I would love to see her kick butt!  Maybe we'll see her fight along side Korra in Book 3!

Zyrax
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Thirst is real

« Reply #223 on: Jun 06, 2014 12:28 pm »

I definitely agree with what you said re: Senna!  I was waiting for that!  It would have been so cool!  I love Senna so much!  I would love to see her kick butt!  Maybe we'll see her fight along side Korra in Book 3!
I Agree. It's annoying how they won't give her a real role. She is the mother of the main character yet barely has screentime. at the very least With the Moms in TLA most of them were either dead or Had a conflcted relationship with their child. She is one of the few alive Moms and yet sadly is ignored by the writers
Katara_waterbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The water tribe rules!

« Reply #224 on: Jun 06, 2014 01:48 pm »

I know what you mean!  I hope we get a few nice scenes between Senna and Korra in Book 3!  That's why I love Civil Wars so much!  The scene between Senna and Korra was so awesome!  I love how Senna didn't talk down to her, but explained things in a way that Korra needed, even though Korra didn't want to hear it.  I wanted to hug Senna when Korra ran out on her.  I also love how Senna expressed her fear for her as her mother of Korra getting hurt and did her best to show her unconditional love for her-especially at the end of that episode.  I also love how Korra comforted Senna after Tonraq was sentenced and they went to visit him.  I love their bond and I hope we get to see more of it in Book 3!  I also was surprised that Senna wasn't shown healing Tonraq after Asami took him back to her.  I was so happy when Korra asked her to take her father back to her mother.  I squealed with happiness because it confirmed Senna is in fact a healer.  I would have loved to see that!  Hopefully in Book 3.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: