Sep 17, 2019 04:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Proper Burial for the Air Nomads  (Read 706 times)
W_E_F_A_04
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Screw you Fire Lord Sozin!

« on: Oct 05, 2013 03:38 pm »

Because I'm so messed up in the head, I can't help but wonder what the Air Acolytes did with bodies of the the Air Monks. And maybe if they do a memorial service to honor them? What do you think? I hope in an episode they actually do a memorial service and Tenzin and tells his children what happened.

I am Water Bender who ran away from the Northern Water Tribe to escape an arranged marriage. I fly and cloud bend with the Air Benders of the Northern Air Temple. My ice bending derives from Earth Bending techniques. And made friends with many people from the Fire Nation. I hope to meet our Avatar.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Oct 05, 2013 07:30 pm »

Probably similar to a Tibetan Sky Burial. Well, minus the part of leaving the deceased's body out under the open sky for the birds to consume over a course of days, eventually leaving nothing but bones. They did that because they believe the body is nothing but a vessel for the true person, who is released when the body stops functioning.

I'm guessing there would lots of flowers released to carry on the wind over a simple marker overlooking the mountains.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: