Sep 16, 2019 10:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A Water Tribe Kyoshi?  (Read 10210 times)
ViridianIV
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #75 on: Oct 09, 2013 05:30 pm »

What???  She does not!  Korra's never used Airbending like some kind of superweapon?

Hehe.. Actually, Korra rarely uses airbending, but when she does, she kicks butt with it. Just ask Unalaq (or Amon)  Wink.

And you cannot compare her to Aang. Korra is an aggressive airbender - a living proof that a violent person could be a good airbender, she just need to use Korra Style Airbending (eg: air punches with air punches because evasion is for the weak). On the other hand, Aang was a peaceful airbender who used the traditional airbending style (lots of evasion). My point is that there could be airbenders using Korra Style during Kyoshi's time, making trouble and messing with the peaceful monks. Airbending isn't just evasion and other passive-defensive stuff (just as you mentioned with the hard-to-dodge wind blasts) and you can get the wrong idea even with the right training (Tenzin is not a big fan of Korra Style, even though he trained her for almost a whole year).

Well I'd hazard to say that's because airbending is by and large the most potentially lethal.  An airbender of Aangs skill with no regard for human life would dodge circles around their enemy while raining down punishment.  Imagine an airbender with a dagger giving their enemies the death of a thousand cuts.

"In the time before the Avatar, we bent not the elements, but the energy within ourselves."
                  -Lion Turtle dropping the mic
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #76 on: Oct 09, 2013 07:56 pm »

Aang's style was more peaceful because he focused on the spiral side of being the avatar while Korra's style is more aggressive because she focuses on the physical side of being the avatar.
Also while observing the other Avatars, Roku had some pretty aggressive Airbending as well.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #77 on: Oct 09, 2013 09:47 pm »

What???  She does not!  Korra's never used Airbending like some kind of superweapon?

Hehe.. Actually, Korra rarely uses airbending, but when she does, she kicks butt with it. Just ask Unalaq (or Amon)  Wink.

And you cannot compare her to Aang. Korra is an aggressive airbender - a living proof that a violent person could be a good airbender, she just need to use Korra Style Airbending (eg: air punches with air punches because evasion is for the weak). On the other hand, Aang was a peaceful airbender who used the traditional airbending style (lots of evasion). My point is that there could be airbenders using Korra Style during Kyoshi's time, making trouble and messing with the peaceful monks. Airbending isn't just evasion and other passive-defensive stuff (just as you mentioned with the hard-to-dodge wind blasts) and you can get the wrong idea even with the right training (Tenzin is not a big fan of Korra Style, even though he trained her for almost a whole year).

Eh, forget Aang. Compare the few times we've seen Tenzin fight to what Korra does. Tenzin's technique is far more effective than Korra's.

Omninaut
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Heil das Mutterreich über alles!

« Reply #78 on: Oct 11, 2013 02:57 pm »

^ That seems very out of character to what we know the Air Nomads are like. I mean, sure, its my personal headcanon that the Air Nomads became complete pacifists mainly out of guilt from the terror and fear the rest of the world had for them when they were unrestrained with their airbending. But as it is, the Air Nomads are fairly monogamous in their beliefs.

You have that one too?!

I was inspired about how the modern Tibetan Monks are descended from the Mongol Hordes.
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2013 02:59 pm by Omninaut » Logged

古維拉萬歲!

We can lay the groundwork for people to choose their own greatness.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: