Apr 26, 2017 11:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If you had the authority: Small lines or scenes you would add  (Read 19900 times)
fraroc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #25 on: Nov 24, 2013 08:45 am »

Jinora holding Wan's Tea Pot in the finale as she descended down from the Spirit Lights.

I really REALLY think this was an animation error or just an oversight. They alluded to the importance of the Tea Pot during Iroh's Tea party in the Spirit World and it would have tied up almost all the confusion there was in the finale.

edited: "Came ascended down"...What was I smoking? Undecided

That would have been absolutley perfect. And it would confirm that what Jinora did was collect the fractured peices of Raava and presented them to Vaatunalaq. I thought the scene was beautiful to begin with but adding the teapot would have definitley made it seem less like a Deux Ex Machina and more like a Chekhov's Gun.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Nov 24, 2013 10:24 pm »

I'd add Korra talking with her past lives. Even if it was something like the others are doing something and we cut to Korra sitting all happy in a meditative pose. She blinks out of it and smiles and runs up to Tenzin.

"Yangchen said my approach to airbending isn't that much different from some of her techniques. And Kyoshi approves."

Show that she regrets losing her "selves" not just as her duty but as something she "achieved" through Book 1. She might not be able to manifest as them like Aang with Roku and Kyoshi, but she enjoys their company and loves to chat with them.
ismellbacons
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 24, 2013 11:02 pm »

I would've added a scene in The Southern Lights where Unalaq teaches Korra how to do his spirit bending, but she can't seem to do it properly. He says that one must channel their positive spiritual energy using water as a catalyst, much the same as healing, and that by doing so you effectively destroy a spirit, but the light that it shatters into is reborn as new life in the form of a light spirit. That way the whole "Go in peace" thing would make sense.
ideae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

nnf

12174006 thathaveflownpastusandleftnothingbutascarinmemoryofitspainful@hotmail.com to+ask+of+days impact
« Reply #28 on: Nov 24, 2013 11:20 pm »

^Oh yes. They should have showcased Unalaq's wisdom more. He should have at first been portrayed as a good man for the later reveal to be more surprising than it ended up being. Unalaq shouldn't have been Ozai-type evil, but well-intentioned, perhaps even slowly driven to the dark side by Vaatu's influence. If such a thing had been their intention, they should have made that clearer. It would also make Korra's decision to leave the portals open a lot more bearable.

I also agree that Korra should have spent more time with her past lives. She was supposed to have connected with them, but no truly personal interactions occurred as with Aang and Roku. There was no real connection and no guidance (apart from warning about Yakone's descendants and granting Korra her Avatar powers). It would also, paradoxically, soothe the reactions to Korra's loss of her connections, because the reactions mostly stem from the need to see TLOK like A:TLA and the denunciation of that was more rooted in rules and the pressure of the past than it was rooted in the internal consistency of TLOK. If the show established its own personal connection with the past Avatars, it would be more in control of the characters and people would see that not as an injustice toward A:TLA but as a tragedy inside the show itself. They wouldn't criticize it and deem it bad for the story, but bad inside the story. But then again, Crossroads of Destiny.
« Last Edit: Nov 24, 2013 11:27 pm by ideae » Logged

I gave up and asked Sifu.

Maybe if this Noatak guy is real, he is the last Water avatar before Kuruk (and the unmentioned Avatar Sifu likes.)

I bet that unmentioned Avatar was Wan.
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #29 on: Mar 09, 2014 04:26 pm »

It probably doesn't matter as much now, but if Pema's advice in "The Spirit of Competition" was just worded differently it wouldn't have sounded as terrible to a lot of people (it wasn't very good advice anyway, but still). Like maybe instead of "seeing my soulmate spend his life with the wrong woman became too painful" it should've been "seeing Tenzin in a relationship he wasn't happy in became too painful." The latter sounds less possessive and/or presumptuous, or at least it doesn't really demonize Lin at all. And of course if the kiss in that episode never happened I think the relationships among the Krew from then on would have gone very differently.

As for Unalaq, I think a flashback scene of how and when he stumbled upon Vaatu in the first place or how Vaatu's influence might've played into him being such a powerful spiritbender could have made a huge difference.
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2014 04:39 pm by Borra the Explorer » Logged

Keeper of Wan's teapot and the Zhu Li (the battleship, not Varrick's wife).

Click here for my tumblr, and here for M'Lil's new hit single!
darth fluffy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Jetko shipper 'til the end <3

« Reply #30 on: Mar 09, 2014 04:46 pm »

Somewhere in "Turning the Tides":

Mako: Listen, Asami... the thing is, I have feelings for Korra, I know she has feelings for me, and I can't just go on pretending they don't exist. It wouldn't be fair to anyone, least of all you. I'm really sorry to hurt you like this, you're an amazing woman and you'll find someone for you, someone who loves you like you deserve, but my heart lies with Korra. I hope you understand and I hope we can still be friends.

And just like that, he becomes a likable character!

Keeper of: Zuko's "I'm so pretty!", the Smellerbee is Jet's sister theory, Jet's overall sexiness, Amon's tragic childhood, and Asami's lipstick.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Mar 09, 2014 04:58 pm »

When Korra returns to RC and asks where Mako is to Bolin and Asami? The scene just skips to them going to free him. Would have at least liked to see Bolin say, "Uh...he's in jail." and then get Korra's reaction to it.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Mar 10, 2014 10:17 am »

I'd like to have seen a small flashback showing how Unalaq became so heavily involved with spirits.

Also, I wish that they'd hinted at Jinora's ability to see spirits earlier in the show, even if it was just a small line/ moment (like showing Jinora playing with an animal, somebody calls over to her, and it has vanished).

Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Mar 10, 2014 11:53 am »

It's not really something that could've been added to last episode as it would've distracted from the plot, but it t would've been really nice and cool to see how Desna and Eska explained to their mother what the hell happened to their father/her husband.

*However*, perhaps somewhere they could have found a way to mention what Mrs. Unalaq thought of her husband and his actions?

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #34 on: Mar 10, 2014 12:30 pm »

I would like to have some Dark Spirits talk or at least do something else then roar.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #35 on: Mar 10, 2014 06:35 pm »

I'd like to have seen a small flashback showing how Unalaq became so heavily involved with spirits.

Also, I wish that they'd hinted at Jinora's ability to see spirits earlier in the show, even if it was just a small line/ moment (like showing Jinora playing with an animal, somebody calls over to her, and it has vanished).

Me too, just have her reading up on spirits or she mentions in passing want to visit the spirit world. Just somethin'

It's not really something that could've been added to last episode as it would've distracted from the plot, but it t would've been really nice and cool to see how Desna and Eska explained to their mother what the hell happened to their father/her husband.

*However*, perhaps somewhere they could have found a way to mention what Mrs. Unalaq thought of her husband and his actions?

I just want proof Eska and Desna's mother is human, we all know Unalaq's spiritsexual.
« Last Edit: Mar 10, 2014 06:36 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Sannom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Mar 10, 2014 06:40 pm »

Eska and Desna will turn out to be the children of the Mother of Faces. And then someone will capture them and harm them, and their half-brother will come rescue them.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #37 on: Mar 10, 2014 06:44 pm »

I will forgive LoK all its faults if I could get a scene of Koh having a confrontation with Unalaq and screaming, "You're not my real dad!"

Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Mar 10, 2014 07:10 pm »

Yeah, I wish they had actually shown her at some point (maybe she'll get to appear later). Or at least had her be dead, it would raise less questions.

Actually, it would be kind of interesting if she was dead. She gave birth to the twins, and dies at some point after. So Unalaq goes to the spirit world to try to bring her back, and ends up striking a deal with Vaatu. Though it would be another absent mother/ bad father combo for the series.

Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Mar 11, 2014 11:48 am »

Yeah, I wish they had actually shown her at some point (maybe she'll get to appear later). Or at least had her be dead, it would raise less questions.

Actually, it would be kind of interesting if she was dead. She gave birth to the twins, and dies at some point after. So Unalaq goes to the spirit world to try to bring her back, and ends up striking a deal with Vaatu. Though it would be another absent mother/ bad father combo for the series.

And another terrible fanfic...

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Mar 11, 2014 07:43 pm »

And another terrible fanfic...

Haha!

But seriously, I wish we'd gotten to learn a little more about Unalaq in general. Just why he is the way he is.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #41 on: Mar 22, 2014 02:20 pm »

I know he was a minor character in the grand scheme of things, but in hindsight I wish we had gotten a little more characterization on the Lieutenant. We know he's completely dedicated to Amon and the Equalists, but why? Couldn't there have been a a short scene or couple of lines explaining the guy's motives? A hint at his past? I mean, Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man has a first name and more detailed back-story for Wan's sake!  

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #42 on: Mar 22, 2014 03:25 pm »

^ Seconded. Hell, I think a little more characterization on the Equalists in general would've been great, or at least some indication that they're still active in some capacity. For example, in that first scene with Mako in Book 2 instead of chasing down some Triple Threat Triad members it could've been an Equalist truck.

Keeper of Wan's teapot and the Zhu Li (the battleship, not Varrick's wife).

Click here for my tumblr, and here for M'Lil's new hit single!
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #43 on: Mar 22, 2014 05:30 pm »

^ Exactly this. I know Bryke mentioned the remaining Equalists have an "Underground bookstore" but still...Just some sort of clue or cameo that lets us know the Equalists are still around on the show would've been great.  
« Last Edit: Mar 22, 2014 05:33 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #44 on: Mar 22, 2014 05:48 pm »

A scene in which Lin arrest some Equalists in their "Underground Bookstores" would be good enough for me.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #45 on: Mar 23, 2014 02:46 pm »

But the Equalists are evil! Giving them character and motivation would just be confusing the whole issue.

fraroc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: Apr 06, 2014 03:23 pm »

I know he was a minor character in the grand scheme of things, but in hindsight I wish we had gotten a little more characterization on the Lieutenant. We know he's completely dedicated to Amon and the Equalists, but why? Couldn't there have been a a short scene or couple of lines explaining the guy's motives? A hint at his past? I mean, Sparkly Sparkly Bush Man has a first name and more detailed back-story for Wan's sake! 

For me, the more I look at it, it seems that Lieumon was definitley implied.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #47 on: Apr 07, 2014 07:11 am »

For me, the more I look at it, it seems that Lieumon was definitley implied.

How? Where did people get these crazy ideas Cheesy Because of his line? "I dedicated my life for you." ?

I mean, what motives does he need. He thinks the same as everyone else. He wants equality and Amon was the person who could make his ideals a reality. So he "dedicated" his life for him.

No offense to anyone, but are we simply looking at things the wrong way because Homosexual couple "seems interesting" to us?
« Last Edit: Apr 07, 2014 07:33 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #48 on: Apr 07, 2014 07:54 am »

^

Yes, that's the only reasonable conclusion I'd draw. >___>

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Apr 07, 2014 08:10 am »

Fanfiction wishes are like the illuminati of the entertainment industry. A shady power moving behind the official scenes, trying to make unthinkable things a reality.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: