Sep 17, 2019 05:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 Nations(or 5 or 6)- complete Unification?  (Read 1133 times)
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 23, 2013 12:36 am »

The Guru said that the 4 nations is technically all one but its physical boundaries that divide them. Is it a good idea in the future to unify them all. Aang seemed to pissed of Roku a lot by not agreeing to Harmony Resotration and set up Republic City. With the U.R becoming its independent sovereign state(people like Hiroshi would now identify as a citizen rather than Fire Nation citizen) is it a good idea to make a unfied nation if not the whole globe united in a future season?
Akim
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 23, 2013 02:29 am »

The Guru said that the 4 nations is technically all one but its physical boundaries that divide them. Is it a good idea in the future to unify them all. Aang seemed to pissed of Roku a lot by not agreeing to Harmony Resotration and set up Republic City. With the U.R becoming its independent sovereign state(people like Hiroshi would now identify as a citizen rather than Fire Nation citizen) is it a good idea to make a unfied nation if not the whole globe united in a future season?

Global unification is probably not realistically possible. I mean that would be like expecting the nations of Earth to unite. If we all spoke the same language and had the same money and there were no borders and so on, it would have many benefits.

But the very idea is impossible for obvious reasons.

I don't see why that would be different in the Avatar world. Most people living in say the Fire Nation are probably patriotic to some extent, and don't want their country to lose its identity by merging into some big combo-nation. And I figure the other cultures feel the same. Republic City is somewhat of an exception in that the influence of Aang helped make it a sort of neutral diplomatic city of peace of all nations. However there is a very big difference between one city serving as a sort of neutral nation, and every single person uniting.

The humanity may be one in some spiritual sense (as the Guru said), but trying to make everyone forget all their history and abandon their cultures and nations and combine would never realistically work. Heck, we are seeing the likely result happening in LoK right now, with NWT trying to push into SWT.

There is also the question of spirits. There was lots of talk about balance and such in A:TLA. While it will likely be answered this season, I wonder if there is some reason why the nations are separated, and if a total mix could have unknown negative results (anger spirits, cause spirit world to move closer to the material world, whatever).
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2014 07:36 am »

The URN in season 1 seems to be an international territory where leaders vote but now is a complete new nation that has complete soverignty under Raiko. The SWT is also now a new nation after Korra declared independence from the North. Should there be 6 nations or just 4?

Also Guru Patik in ATLA said nations are just illusions. Roku seemed to disagree heavily when Aang created the international URN and nations should just be 4. Zaheer wants the dismantlement of all nations now. Do you think the Avatar should support this cause in a more peaceful way(not Zaheer's Chaos strategy). Or the Guru Patik sayings(along with Guru Laghima for Zaheer) should not be taken literaly?

Or is making the world into one big nation the best idea?
Storia
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2014 07:46 am »

I think the URN is a new nation from the start of its making.
Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #4 on: Aug 04, 2014 07:52 am »

This is a bit of an issue.  Unification may need to happen but it needs to be an outgrowth from the people and not forced.  Also all nations will have leaders.  Look at Wan's time as anarchist and possible and STILL there were bigshots, heirarchy and governments even ifthe Chu's were just the equivalent of the then popular merchant lord.
Certainly the system needs reforms and problems.  But As Korra offerred Zaheer can influence the world for the better.  But he wants to take out the levies for the changing tide Korra and the Convergence set off. 
Also I think tis been established by now spiritual doesn't equal right.

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #5 on: Aug 04, 2014 10:18 am »

"4 Nations(or 5 or 6)- complete Unification?" merged with "hould the URN and SWT exist as nations?Should there be 4 nations or no nations?" You already made a topic like that before, WarriorMind556. There is no need to create a new thread discussing the same thing again.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: