Aug 19, 2019 09:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Comic:

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [DH Comics #7] The Rift, Part 1  (Read 59090 times)
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #225 on: Apr 11, 2014 03:27 am »

^I'm pretty sure the only thing they gave her was grounding for good and I don't think that's what she should be reminding her parents of. Tongue

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #226 on: Apr 11, 2014 04:27 am »

I think that the grounding is her biggest issue with them, right ?

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #227 on: Apr 11, 2014 07:49 am »

Aw I love that Toph never spoke to her parents again in ATLA though. Its perfectly in tune with the overarching theme of the series: families are terrible.
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #228 on: Apr 11, 2014 07:54 am »

Aw I love that Toph never spoke to her parents again in ATLA though. Its perfectly in tune with the overarching theme of the series: families are terrible.

Your family is either terrible or deader than disco.

Sig made by Dorky.
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #229 on: Apr 11, 2014 08:38 am »

families are terrible.
Isn't that like the general truth? Cheesy

guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #230 on: Apr 11, 2014 09:09 am »

families are terrible.
Isn't that like the general truth? Cheesy

wut no

Yeaaa, reconciling with her parents seemed a bit unnecessary for Toph since she came to a personal understanding in The Runaway. Kind of surprised that it happened when I skimmed through the comic.

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #231 on: Apr 11, 2014 09:47 am »

All of the things ATLA taught to me, along "Old people will kick your ass" and "Sociopaths deserve a hug because what else ?", is that families are terrible, as said by Sir Grieves.

I'm surprised Toph's father appears though, but I'm sure the interaction with Liquid Snake will be good. :p

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #232 on: Apr 11, 2014 02:33 pm »

wut no
I was trying to say that the show makes them look that way. -_-

Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #233 on: Apr 11, 2014 03:39 pm »

I don't know WHY people are so hung up on "Yangchen loves statue lady!!!"  Must be timeliness (same sex marriage recently passing even in Michigan.. okay  complications but still)

Really no on called jinx on the photograph?

I don't know just something with the birds and kites and the meal, and the procession puts me in the mind of a death festival.  I mean yeah funerals are generally somber in the US but even we have range (Mardi Gras having elements of morbidity, ditto Easter, Memorial Day, and so on)

Thus making me think it celebrates/remembers a great tragedy or bad event as to joyous one.  Or it might be more complex than that like Passover, Lent, that festival honoring the passing of spirits/the dead in asia.. .and the other one that's more hispanic.

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #234 on: Apr 11, 2014 05:55 pm »

^We're hung up because we can. If you don't see it's tru luv you're in denial. Tongue I think it's safe to say that it's about something tragic. There are very few reasons you build a statue to a random person and bow to it every year. Many people already speculated that SLF (statue lady) sacrificed herself to imprison/destroy the dark spirit or died while helping Yangchen with the spirit.

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #235 on: Apr 11, 2014 09:56 pm »

You know what I just realized? Those two SWT sisters Katara ran into. What if the one that seems to hate Katara was the very "source" Yon Rah was talking about when he raided the village. If not her, then maybe it was one of her parents. True this happened when Katara was about 8, but maybe the one that seems to hate Katara was jealous of her waterbending so she let it slip to a Southern Raiders spy unbeknownst to her that the spy was a spy.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Darmani
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Maigano
« Reply #236 on: Apr 11, 2014 10:44 pm »

Spies are usually just tattletales or really observant people.  Even as the Fire Nation was conquering them people in Water tribe clothing were trading goods with them (how news gets from Kyoshi to Zuko)  Hakoda was looking far and wide for a teacher and may have even asked others to put word out.  ITs only a small jump for finding there is need of waterbending teacher to figure there is a new waterbender in need of teaching.  And that information could EASILY have ended up in Yon Rha's ears.

Darmani promises not to use "CANON" if Zutarians don't use "DESTINY"
I want a Book Air, Avatar Pen and Paper RPG, and *good* near free-form action video game. I also want a pony.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #237 on: Apr 11, 2014 10:46 pm »

I don't know WHY people are so hung up on "Yangchen loves statue lady!!!"  Must be timeliness (same sex marriage recently passing even in Michigan.. okay  complications but still)

That should tell you how interesting the main plot is to most people.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #238 on: Apr 12, 2014 02:04 am »

How dare you doubt of the love between SLF and Yangchen, Darmani ?!

I'm actually pretty interested, the Dark Spirit featured here look badass.

guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #239 on: Apr 12, 2014 08:02 am »

Wait, for clarification purposes, where is this Yangchen x Statue Lady storyline. Is it in The Rift comic, and would anybody like to clarify if it's a joke or are people upset for some reason?

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #240 on: Apr 12, 2014 08:37 am »

^BURN THE BLASPHEMER!!! Cheesy

Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #241 on: Apr 12, 2014 08:38 am »

I think people being upset is just a joke, if that's what you mean. Cos it sounds amazing.
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #242 on: Apr 12, 2014 08:45 am »

I think people being upset is just a joke, if that's what you mean. Cos it sounds amazing.

I mean it does, I just don't know where it's coming from.

HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #243 on: Apr 12, 2014 09:03 am »

^I vaguely remember something about cactus juice drinking contest but then my mind went blank, does that help?

guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #244 on: Apr 12, 2014 09:08 am »

I'm just asking if this Yangchen thing is in the rift, because I want to read it. :3

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #245 on: Apr 12, 2014 09:14 am »

I'm just asking if this Yangchen thing is in the rift, because I want to read it. :3

No. It's a speculation.
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #246 on: Apr 12, 2014 09:16 am »

No. It's a speculation.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #247 on: Apr 12, 2014 09:22 am »

No. It's a speculation.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Who knows, it might happen though Tongue
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #248 on: Apr 12, 2014 09:24 am »

It's a very random speculation unrelated to the real plot in every way so don't get your hopes up.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #249 on: Apr 12, 2014 11:56 am »

It's a very random speculation unrelated to the real plot in every way so don't get your hopes up.

For now, at least. It might actually be important later Tongue
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: