Oct 19, 2019 04:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Rift Part 1 - Speculation (NO SPOILERS!) [Expected 5 March'14]  (Read 72484 times)
ChrisTinnef
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #400 on: Feb 27, 2014 09:15 am »

So, if we go with the "Satoru is Lin's father" and "Satoru is an ancestor of the Sato's" theories, does this make Lin and Hiroshi half-siblings?  Shocked
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #401 on: Feb 27, 2014 10:06 am »

Satoru apparently means "To know" or "To understand". It seems these will be his character traits. Maybe he and Sokka will have a mutual understanding of each other since Sokka is an inventor as well in some aspects. Things will get hostile when they fight for Toph's affections by trying to build her the best invention ever.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #402 on: Feb 27, 2014 11:37 am »

And then, Satoru is a red herring and by the time Satoru and Sokka finished their feud, Toph's prince is already carrying her away on a white horse while she punch him in the arm.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
BlueberrySpiceHead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #403 on: Feb 27, 2014 12:32 pm »

And then, Satoru is a red herring and by the time Satoru and Sokka finished their feud, Toph's prince is already carrying her away on a white horse while she punch him in the arm.

Plot Twist! It's Zuko.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #404 on: Feb 27, 2014 12:40 pm »

The comic end as everyone say "DAMMIT ZUKO" in unison.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2014 03:10 pm by Solid Sun » Logged

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #405 on: Feb 28, 2014 06:13 am »

Guys, my Rift Part 1 is already on its way! Wooohooo, it is time to count the hours until it arrives  Cheesy!

Also, I think this Satoru will be a bad guy. But Scooby Doo style, so he will start as a slightly shady good guy only to be revealed as the Gaang busts his monster costume  Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #406 on: Feb 28, 2014 04:14 pm »

I wonder if Satoru awakened Yangchen's dark spirit? The happy-go-lucky attitude could just be the guy trying to hide how badly he screwed up. 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #407 on: Feb 28, 2014 04:22 pm »

Guys, my Rift Part 1 is already on its way! Wooohooo, it is time to count the hours until it arrives  Cheesy!

Where did you order it from? I order from Amazon and they don't usually get it to me until a few days after release date.

Anyways, I'm not expecting Satoru to be the villain. I expect whatever happens to be his fault but it won't be on purpose and he'll help the gaang put things right.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #408 on: Feb 28, 2014 04:24 pm »

Where did you order it from? I order from Amazon and they don't usually get it to me until a few days after release date.

Anyways, I'm not expecting Satoru to be the villain. I expect whatever happens to be his fault but it won't be on purpose and he'll help the gaang put things right.

I agree, I'm guessing Satoru dropped the ball somewhere, but I don't think he's intentionally doing anything wrong.   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #409 on: Feb 28, 2014 04:26 pm »

Book Depository.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #410 on: Feb 28, 2014 04:30 pm »

Congrats man! I didn't even know mail could be that speedy. Cheesy

Sig by Guitarfreak.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #411 on: Feb 28, 2014 04:43 pm »

Congrats man! I didn't even know mail could be that speedy. Cheesy

It will be, like, a week until it actually arrives, but I'm still counting the hours y'know  Grin.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #412 on: Feb 28, 2014 05:03 pm »

Soon all our dreams will come true... or be mercilessly crushed... either way, the hours slip by!  Cool

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #413 on: Feb 28, 2014 05:44 pm »

I and Hikaru will proudly taunt you (or just cry into a corner) after it come out !

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #414 on: Feb 28, 2014 07:16 pm »

I wonder if Satoru awakened Yangchen's dark spirit? The happy-go-lucky attitude could just be the guy trying to hide how badly he screwed up. 

I will retract all my criticism of Gene Yang's work if, after Satoru's date with Toph, he (Satoru, not Gene) kills himself on-panel. Bonus points for it being right in front of Toph.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #415 on: Feb 28, 2014 08:10 pm »

Or the dark spirit attack him and then say something like "Nah, it's okay. You didn't even knew how he looked like, muhaha" and then warp away to kick puppies.
Bonus point if he let Toph hanging on something to confuse her before warping away.

ideae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

nnf

12174006 thathaveflownpastusandleftnothingbutascarinmemoryofitspainful@hotmail.com to+ask+of+days impact
« Reply #416 on: Mar 01, 2014 11:12 pm »

That Satoru is really obviously going to be a problem. The plot is about technology defiling sacred land, and he is the one dealing with that business. And he was really accommodating to the main characters when he was introduced. Maybe Toph will gravitate towards him because he goes against tradition in her eyes or something, seeing as she had great issues with it.

I gave up and asked Sifu.

Maybe if this Noatak guy is real, he is the last Water avatar before Kuruk (and the unmentioned Avatar Sifu likes.)

I bet that unmentioned Avatar was Wan.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #417 on: Mar 02, 2014 02:45 am »

Didn't they do the Technology vs Nature issue back in the Northern Air Temple episode? Why are they doing it again?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #418 on: Mar 02, 2014 03:10 am »

^Because it sells.

The biggest question in ATLA since ever. Will Yangchen have a white or AN orange wedding dress?

ideae
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

nnf

12174006 thathaveflownpastusandleftnothingbutascarinmemoryofitspainful@hotmail.com to+ask+of+days impact
« Reply #419 on: Mar 02, 2014 11:41 am »

^^I don't think it's technology vs. nature, but more like technology vs. tradition. That's also what they went for in the "we must forge our own path" path they took in the Book 2 finale, and I think that is also going to be what Aang and Toph's probable rift will be, judging by that "That's just how it's done." flash back.

I gave up and asked Sifu.

Maybe if this Noatak guy is real, he is the last Water avatar before Kuruk (and the unmentioned Avatar Sifu likes.)

I bet that unmentioned Avatar was Wan.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #420 on: Mar 02, 2014 02:02 pm »

Norther Air Temple wasn't really technology vs. nature. Nature didn't really play a part in it. Northern Air Temple was more about, as ideae said, technology vs. tradition. The episode dealt with whether Teo and friends had a right to live in the Temple since it wasn't theirs and they were defiling what Aang considered sacred.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #421 on: Mar 02, 2014 02:33 pm »

^Still, it's been done before in AtLA and in a way that was more emotional (Aang's former Air temple). Honestly, I think I'm going to like this comic simply because I expect nothing from the plot or characters and I want to read this for two things: Toph and having my heart crushed by canon destroying Yangchen/SLF ship (is it a coincidence that canon destroys ships?).

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #422 on: Mar 02, 2014 03:10 pm »

(is it a coincidence that canon destroys ships?).

Amusingly enough... yes.  Using "canon" to refer to authoritative rules and works dates back well into the middle ages (and has nothing to do with cannons), while "ship" derives from "relationship."

Canon doesn't need to sink ships, anyway... it just tends to happen when fandom floats ships that canon could never allow.  XD;

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #423 on: Mar 02, 2014 04:42 pm »

^^I don't think it's technology vs. nature, but more like technology vs. tradition. That's also what they went for in the "we must forge our own path" path they took in the Book 2 finale, and I think that is also going to be what Aang and Toph's probable rift will be, judging by that "That's just how it's done." flash back.

Hopefully, the tradition versus modern debate takes a backseat once the Gaang start digging into the festival's history and Toph's character arc gets going. I imagine the factory is just the beginning, before a much bigger can of worms opens dealing with Yangchen's dark spirit.

The biggest question in ATLA since ever. Will Yangchen have a white or AN orange wedding dress?

Maybe Yangchen wears an orange wedding dress while SLF is a bride in white? 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #424 on: Mar 02, 2014 05:19 pm »

Does anyone wish for Toph to reconcile with her parents in this story? Sure, she may have written a letter to them in the series but would she talk to them face to face after a year or two? How do her parents feel about her? Do they regret how they raised Toph? Are they still stubborn or have they disowned her because they are embarrassed (it does happen in noble families).

Whatever the case is I hope it's addressed since we are going to learn about Toph in this comic and possibly Book 3 since Lin is her daughter.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: