Dec 22, 2014 02:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The first Avatar revealed! [Preview link in first post]  (Read 25238 times)
NeeNee
Global Moderator
Badgermole Serenader

Who, me?

« on: Jul 18, 2013 04:23 pm »

According to this interview, we will finally be learning about the first Avatar:

Fans of The Walking Dead and Legend of Korra rejoice: Steven Yeun, known to fans of the AMC horror show as Glenn, will be joining the voice cast of the Nickelodeon animated series as Wan, the very first Avatar in existence. Yeun’s character will appear in two episodes titled “Beginnings 1 & 2″ during the second season — aka Book 2: Spirits — debuting later this year.

The sequel to the beloved Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra debuted last April to 4.5 million viewers, and quickly became the highest-rated show on Nickelodeon. Both series are set in a fictional world where people called “benders” have special abilities that allow them to control one of the four elements (water, earth, air, and fire), but only one person — the Avatar — can control all four and bring balance to the world.

Wan’s story will take place 10,000 years before Korra’s time, and follow the teenage explorer and skilled bender as he tries to bring balance between mankind and the spirits, a quest that ultimately leads to becoming the first Avatar.

----

This should be pretty exciting. Cheesy People have been wanting to know about this since forever.

Though I'm a bit surprised by the fact that he was already a bender before becoming the Avatar.

----

Preview of 207: http://family-room.ew.com/2013/10/09/steve-yeun-legend-of-korra/
« Last Edit: Oct 09, 2013 07:56 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged

rcox1995
Badgermole Serenader

Heir of Blood

rcox895@yahoo.com
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:26 pm »

O_O

That is pretty cool. But yeah, I am surprised that he was a bender before becoming the Avatar. That will certainly set up for an interesting story, and I am quite excited to hear some backstory to this. If anything, it's one of the things that I've wanted the most in this series.

Keeper of Toph's sarcasm.

And...rcox1995 is our biggest gamer! Your prize is...You get to put that in your sig!
NoName999
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

World's Greatest Voidbender

« Reply #2 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:32 pm »

First Avatar: Hay guyz, teach how to whateverbending

Whateverbender 1: WTF you look like you're part of of Whicheverbending Land

Whateverbender 2: He must have a drank the water from that prickly plant the elders called a "Cat-tis"

*First Avatar bends 2 elements he already learned*

Whateverbender 1: OMFGWTFHSBBQ did we drank the cattis water?Huh
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 04:35 pm by NoName999 » Logged

kitsuneopal
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #3 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:33 pm »

Oh goodie!!! Yay!! I wonder what element he bends??
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #4 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:34 pm »

I don't know how I feel about Ty Lee growing a beard.

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
kitsuneopal
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #5 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:40 pm »

^Ty Lee does look mighty handsome with that beard though. Tongue
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 04:42 pm by kitsuneopal » Logged
PrincessBlazefire
Badgermole Serenader

^ GPOY

« Reply #6 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:42 pm »

He's adorable OMG. I have a feeling he's going to be an airbender. It seems more likely for the first Avatar to be an airbender imo, plus he just looks like an airbender to me. I'm REALLY excited for this Cheesy

King Kazma
Badgermole Serenader

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #7 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:44 pm »

I can't believe he's getting two episodes, this really is going to be the biggest flashback ever. We're finally going to see the origins of the Avatar!

She's just trying to be different from her sisters. Tongue
kitsuneopal
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:44 pm »

He's adorable OMG. I have a feeling he's going to be an airbender. It seems more likely for the first Avatar to be an airbender imo, plus he just looks like an airbender to me. I'm REALLY excited for this Cheesy

I'm all for that.
Blanka
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:47 pm »

People are overanalyzing the Ty Lee thing. If he had kids, I'd say it's highly probable he's an ancestor to Ty Lee, and really almost all the characters. If you go back 10,000 years, I bet almost all of the posters here are related.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 04:52 pm by Blanka » Logged
Fire Rose
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #10 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:47 pm »

So that's who Glenn is playing Smiley

I can't wait to see what his story will be like. He definitely looks Fire Nation but I'm going to go with the theory that this will be in a time where the four nations were 'one'. I get the feeling that by the end of the his story he will decided to separate the nations as a way to keep peace.
NeeNee
Global Moderator
Badgermole Serenader

Who, me?

« Reply #11 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:49 pm »

It's kinda weird that 'bridge' guy would cause the nations to separate though.

Blanka
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #12 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:53 pm »

It's kinda weird that 'bridge' guy would cause the nations to separate though.

I could see it being some sort of a "Tower of Babel" type story.
Fire Rose
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #13 on: Jul 18, 2013 04:58 pm »

You know, they never really specified what type of bender he is. Maybe he's an Energybender. The sea turtle did say that people were Energybenders before the time of the Avatar. Maybe something happened that caused the birth of the four elements and Wan is seeking a way to stop the fighting and seeks help from the spirits.
Lightningbend
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #14 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:00 pm »

AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*ahem*

Fangirling moment over now (despite being a dude) this is KICKASS man! But what I already don't understand are why people are saying he's a past descendant of Ty Lee. There are plenty of people out there who look similar to people from the past but aren't related. However if you want to get incredibly technical, then yes, everyone is related.

I wonder what he bent...he obviously wasn't an Airbender, (sadly), that much we do know. I say "sadly" because I always wanted the first Avatar to be an airbender.

Maybe something happened that caused the birth of the four elements and Wan is seeking a way to stop the fighting and seeks help from the spirits.

But we already know how 2 of the 4 elements were learned to be bent in detail with 3 just being known. Waterbenders discovered the moon affected the tides and learned how to control it and Oma and Shu learned Earthbending out of their love of each other and to stop a war between their villages. Airbenders and Firebenders learned from the sky bison and dragons respectively, but what we don't know though is why.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 05:04 pm by Lightningbend » Logged

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
NeeNee
Global Moderator
Badgermole Serenader

Who, me?

« Reply #15 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:02 pm »

^ Wait, how do you know this?

Blanka
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #16 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:02 pm »

You know, they never really specified what type of bender he is. Maybe he's an Energybender. The sea turtle did say that people were Energybenders before the time of the Avatar. Maybe something happened that caused the birth of the four elements and Wan is seeking a way to stop the fighting and seeks help from the spirits.

If the legend of Oma and Shu are to believed, then I'd say the bending of the 4 elements precede the Avatar. Granted it could be complete folklore though.
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2013 05:04 pm by Blanka » Logged
Lavanya Six
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #17 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:03 pm »

Hey, now we can figure out how long Avatars on average live!

We just need to count the glowy-eyed statues in "The Southern Air Temple" and then divide 10,000 years by that number.
Blanka
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #18 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:04 pm »

I wonder what he bent...he obviously wasn't an Airbender, (sadly), that much we do know. I say "sadly" because I always wanted the first Avatar to be an airbender.

There's nothing conclusive on what type of bender he was. Airbenders in all likelihood in that era didn't have tattoos or were monks. I'd imagine if anything, they were shamans.
NoName999
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

World's Greatest Voidbender

« Reply #19 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:04 pm »

^ Wait, how do you know this?

He's not wearing orange

Lightningbend
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #20 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:06 pm »

Ok ok ok! Chill out! I was just assuming he wasn't an Airbender due to the lack of tattoos and excess of hair.

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Badgermole Serenader

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #21 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:09 pm »

He doesn't look anything like an Airbender to me. At least that is there's nothing exclusively Air Nomadic looking about him.

It wouldn't surprise me though if Mike and Bryan made him their favorite Mary Sue race, but he looks like either a Firebender or some kind of neutral mix of the different nationalities.

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
tophness
Badgermole Serenader

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #22 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:11 pm »

I'm kind of sad the first Avatar isn't a lady, but at the same time I'm really really excited to meet Wan and his pretty face.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
PokemonLotty
Badgermole Serenader

Swag.

« Reply #23 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:12 pm »

^Ty Lee does look mighty handsome with that beard though. Tongue

I didn't do it yes I did

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
kitsuneopal
Badgermole Serenader

« Reply #24 on: Jul 18, 2013 05:12 pm »

Ok ok ok! Chill out! I was just assuming he wasn't an Airbender due to the lack of tattoos and excess of hair.

Well since its 10,000 years ago perhaps those traditions haven't been established yet. For all we know the "air nomads" Are just nomads at that point in time. 
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: