Dec 09, 2019 09:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search Part 3 Speculation (DO NOT post spoilers from reviews & Part 3!)  (Read 49465 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #525 on: Sep 11, 2013 09:23 pm »

Merged with The Search Part 3 speculation.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
neosoc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #526 on: Sep 12, 2013 05:06 pm »

Anyone else still posting here, or is this topic dead/moved?

Check out my new fanfiction, Before Asunder: Project Void, at fanfiction.net

https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10514172/1/Before-Asunder-Project-Void
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #527 on: Sep 12, 2013 05:55 pm »

I think people are just waiting for part 3 now.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #528 on: Sep 12, 2013 06:03 pm »

I'm eagerly waiting for something new to discuss. We could always go back to the old Ursa's Culpability argument, but I've never liked that one. The Mother of Faces is nothing but a cipher at this point. Zuko's parentage being Schrodinger's Cat is actually Schrodinger's Cat itself at this point.

Guess we could always go back to Azula's fate.

Do you think it's possible by the end of The Search that Azula could become sane or start to learn away from her insanity but not completely? I hope she becomes good, but not like all the other characters, in her own way after she finds out some truths. Do you think she will become sane by the end of The Search?

Oh, hey, there you go.

Well, "sane" is an interesting word. How is Azula not sane right now? She's seeing hallucinations of her mother, which might actually not be hallucinations. She's paranoid and given to inappropriate outbursts, but given that she's being haunted and constantly told by her dead mother that she'll never get what she wants, that's not exactly an insane reaction. As a wise video game character once said, "Most test subjects do experience some, uh, cognitive deterioration after a few months in suspension. Now, you've been under for quite a lot longer, and it's *not* out of the question that you might have a *very* minor case of serious brain damage! But don't be alarmed, all right? Uh, although if you do feel alarmed, try to hold on to that feeling because that is the proper reaction to being told that you've got brain damage."

Of course, Azula is also a jerk who delights in picking on people, but that's not a lack of sanity.

So, yes, I think there's a good chance she'll be on the road to sanity once she literally excises her ghosts.

(This is where someone with actual knowledge of mental illness comes in, diagnoses Azula with something other than ghosts and stress-related difficulties, and tells me how wrong I am.)

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #529 on: Sep 12, 2013 06:07 pm »

As a wise video game character once said [...]

Wise? Wheatley? Really? Cheesy

(didn't it say in his technical description that he was an intelligence dampening module?)

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
neosoc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #530 on: Sep 12, 2013 06:37 pm »

I'm eagerly waiting for something new to discuss. We could always go back to the old Ursa's Culpability argument, but I've never liked that one. The Mother of Faces is nothing but a cipher at this point. Zuko's parentage being Schrodinger's Cat is actually Schrodinger's Cat itself at this point.

Do you think it's possible by the end of The Search that Azula could become sane or start to learn away from her insanity but not completely? I hope she becomes good, but not like all the other characters, in her own way after she finds out some truths. Do you think she will become sane by the end of The Search?

Oh, hey, there you go.

Well, "sane" is an interesting word. How is Azula not sane right now? She's seeing hallucinations of her mother, which might actually not be hallucinations. She's paranoid and given to inappropriate outbursts, but given that she's being haunted and constantly told by her dead mother that she'll never get what she wants, that's not exactly an insane reaction. As a wise video game character once said, "Most test subjects do experience some, uh, cognitive deterioration after a few months in suspension. Now, you've been under for quite a lot longer, and it's *not* out of the question that you might have a *very* minor case of serious brain damage! But don't be alarmed, all right? Uh, although if you do feel alarmed, try to hold on to that feeling because that is the proper reaction to being told that you've got brain damage."

Of course, Azula is also a jerk who delights in picking on people, but that's not a lack of sanity.

So, yes, I think there's a good chance she'll be on the road to sanity once she literally excises her ghosts.

(This is where someone with actual knowledge of mental illness comes in, diagnoses Azula with something other than ghosts and stress-related difficulties, and tells me how wrong I am.)

I think it's not so much a question of whether or not Azula regains "sanity," by the end of the Search, that has a lot of fans (or just me) wondering, but whether or not (in the long run) whatever she discovers leads to the path to some form of "catharsis" or inner peace; in short, whether or not she will actually drop what Ursa Hallucination/Spirit described as her "mask." I hesitate to say "redemption," because it's kind of a cliched term, but you get my drift.

Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #531 on: Sep 12, 2013 07:16 pm »

Oh, hey, there you go.

I think it's not so much a question of whether or not Azula regains "sanity," by the end of the Search, that has a lot of fans (or just me) wondering, but whether or not (in the long run) whatever she discovers leads to the path to some form of "catharsis" or inner peace; in short, whether or not she will actually drop what Ursa Hallucination/Spirit described as her "mask." I hesitate to say "redemption," because it's kind of a cliched term, but you get my drift.

I lean this too.

Given how much she's been through and what she's done, I doubt we'll see a fully "sane" or fully "redeemed" Azula in this series. I think the more important thing is to see her able to reach some form of catharsis, acceptance, and willingness to change to allow something new to happen to her.

I could see something like with Dark!Willow at the end of Buffy where Xander talks her down and the enormity of what she's done hits her and she just lets go. You know she has a long road ahead of her but you feel hope that she can get there eventually.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #532 on: Sep 12, 2013 07:19 pm »

I think Azula just needs a hug. No one's ever hugged Azula before as far as I can remember.

Edit: I just remember there was that one scene in "Return to Omashu" (I think). So I'll specify. No one's hugged Azula since her mental breakdown.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #533 on: Sep 12, 2013 07:20 pm »

No one's ever hugged Azula before as far as I can remember.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #534 on: Sep 12, 2013 07:21 pm »

^Ah you beat my edited post.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #535 on: Sep 12, 2013 07:48 pm »

Let's overly scrutinize how Ty Lee is leaning into the hug but Azula is hunching backwards slightly. =P

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #536 on: Sep 12, 2013 07:57 pm »

^Come to think of it, I kinda see it too. That look like a possible foreshadow that Ty Lee actually fears Azula.

colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #537 on: Sep 13, 2013 04:10 pm »

I see that the hardback/library edition of "the Search" was announed. I think I will wait and get that instead of part 3. I am looking forward to the bits they give us.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #538 on: Sep 13, 2013 05:28 pm »

I have to say, I actually like the cover to the Library Edition:

It's nifty seeing Azula in there with the gAang as an equel, even if the story doesn't reflect it.

NoName999
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

World's Greatest Voidbender

« Reply #539 on: Sep 13, 2013 05:33 pm »

Azula's the one you consider not an equal? I'm still wondering why Sokka is there.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #540 on: Sep 13, 2013 05:45 pm »

Sokka has already an established member of the team. (Although that is merely as a mascot in these comics.) Azula is resented and untrusted.

KpKimberly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Azula ist die wertvollste.

« Reply #541 on: Sep 14, 2013 01:03 am »

I'm still wondering why Sokka is there.
I'm still wondering why they haven't neglected Azula this time and put her on the cover at all. Must be a huge mistake. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013 01:06 am by KpKimberly » Logged

Sorry for my grammar.
neosoc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #542 on: Sep 14, 2013 01:42 am »

Oh, hey, there you go.

I lean this too.

Given how much she's been through and what she's done, I doubt we'll see a fully "sane" or fully "redeemed" Azula in this series. I think the more important thing is to see her able to reach some form of catharsis, acceptance, and willingness to change to allow something new to happen to her.

I could see something like with Dark!Willow at the end of Buffy where Xander talks her down and the enormity of what she's done hits her and she just lets go. You know she has a long road ahead of her but you feel hope that she can get there eventually.

Totally agree with this. Would Vegeta from DBZ have been a more popular character if, by the end of the Cell Saga, he had become this totally friendly guy who carpooled peoples kids, made muffins for everyone and shot rainbows out his a** constantly? I think not.

Same with Azula: I'd like to see her grow as a character, in future A:TLA comics hopefully. Not necessarily become the nicest girl around, but come to mature, learn to form better connections with people and come to terms with her past while striving to follow her own path in life, independent of her father's conditioning, while also maintaining those character traits that make her unique.

fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #543 on: Sep 14, 2013 01:59 am »

I'm still wondering why Sokka is there.
I'm still wondering why they haven't neglected Azula this time and put her on the cover at all. Must be a huge mistake. Roll Eyes

Aren't you grateful that Azula was at least featured in every single cover of the search, INCLUDING the library edition?? i'm starting to lose patience with you.
Gundleer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Because I'm a people person...

« Reply #544 on: Sep 14, 2013 08:57 am »

I thought the Cover to the library addition of "The Promise" was a let down. This though is lovely.

Did you miss me?
fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #545 on: Sep 14, 2013 09:42 am »

yeah, the whole Gaang looked like a rainbow Grin
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #546 on: Sep 14, 2013 01:40 pm »

I have to say, I actually like the cover to the Library Edition:

It's nifty seeing Azula in there with the gAang as an equel, even if the story doesn't reflect it.

May I ask where you found this image? Is it already available for preorder on Amazon?

EDIT: Never mind! No preorder info yet.
« Last Edit: Sep 14, 2013 01:42 pm by chicken_sokka » Logged

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #547 on: Sep 14, 2013 02:56 pm »

The image is from ASN's main page.

Onu-Bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Tokkarian King and Equalist Emeritis

« Reply #548 on: Sep 14, 2013 03:12 pm »

Well we always knew Ursa was guilty of something, (most believed it was Azulon death). My bigger question is how would she explain this to Zuko if she still is alive.
"Oh Zuko I loved you so much I'd kill anybody!" said Ursa wistfully

"Get away from me, I don't know you anymore. What are you saying?! She's your mother! I hate my life!" moaned Zuko for the next three hours.

The bigger question though, is if Schrodinger's cat is his father is first, who gets the throne. I root that Iroh will likely assume it and then just order everyone to obey his now step-nephew. and second, why doesn't Zuko have cat like reflexes for being the cat's child? Or does it have to do with him being half dead?

As a wise video game character once said [...]

Wise? Wheatley? Really? Cheesy

(didn't it say in his technical description that he was an intelligence dampening module?)
you have a problem with this? He was the wisest character ever he actually got you out of the place in the end. :p

Varrick, Amon and Sokka, the only humans among the Titans..
Just hand over your Turtleducks and no Firebender will be harmed.
waxesnostalgic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #549 on: Sep 14, 2013 07:59 pm »

There's an interesting/cryptic comment and reply posted at the BookDragon review posted earlier.

Part of the response:
And that “Snow White with a twist” seems to have sparked quite a bit of curiosity! The one tidbit I might share about that comment is that it has to do with Ozai.

Makes me think that Ozai's archer may have met Ikem and hidden it... as someone mentioned earlier. I don't really know what to make of the rest of the comment.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: