Nov 29, 2014 02:12 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search Part 3 Speculation (DO NOT post spoilers from reviews & Part 3!)  (Read 29259 times)
Goodfella
Scariest Kite Ever

On the Isle of Sanity

« Reply #225 on: Aug 15, 2013 07:07 pm »

I can't see Azula dying. With the great focus on spirit/hallucination Ursa going on about her destiny... Unless it's an evil spirit that wants her destiny to get eaten... or something similar. Still, I just feel like the comics put too much focus on Azula's destiny to just off her at the end. But it wouldn't be the first fail of narrative we've seen.

Well, despite the fact that this looks like Ursa, it may not be. The Mother of Faces could have merely traded Ursa's face for another, and is using Ursa's face against her own daughter.

That's an interesting thought...

Based on the reviewers' comments, there's something more to the Mother of Faces that ties to the spirit world and more of the history of the world of Avatar. If the Mother of Faces has plans that go further, especially if she just granted Azula's wish from the get-go to know where Ursa is, then you have to wonder what they are. She apparently doesn't want Azula for the throne if she's that hallucination and she pushed Azula further into the vulnerable, broken state. So why Azula and what would Mother of Faces be trying do, especially since the new comic series is on something else?

Plus, Azula's still seen that Blue Wolf too.
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

I'm a Halo fan. Deal with it!

« Reply #226 on: Aug 15, 2013 08:37 pm »

Okay would this all mean that the Mother of Faces is a malevolent entity?

Soldiers never die.
Blanka
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #227 on: Aug 15, 2013 11:07 pm »

I don't see any real reason to doubt that she is.
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #228 on: Aug 15, 2013 11:21 pm »

Elaborate. How did you come to this conclusion?

From where I am standing it's more like ' Can't you stupid mortals just leave ME alone?!'

She seems more inclined to during her own thing rather helping or harming anyone.However that is simply my impression. She's like an artistic hermit who simply wants spend her time alone doing art.  As such The Mother of Face's tends to get upset when people interrupt her while enjoying her hobby.'

That's my theory at least. *shrug*
« Last Edit: Aug 15, 2013 11:25 pm by Random_Stranger » Logged

Soldiers never die.
stag019
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #229 on: Aug 15, 2013 11:44 pm »

From where I am standing it's more like ' Can't you stupid mortals just leave ME alone?!'

She seems more inclined to during her own thing rather helping or harming anyone.However that is simply my impression. She's like an artistic hermit who simply wants spend her time alone doing art.  As such The Mother of Face's tends to get upset when people interrupt her while enjoying her hobby.'

I kinda agree with this. Mother of Faces seems like Wan Shi Tong. Not really evil, but spirits are obviously the superior to humans, and so if a pitiful human does something to upset the spirit, they have another thing coming...
Gundleer
Scariest Kite Ever

Because I'm a people person...

« Reply #230 on: Aug 16, 2013 07:53 am »

This was written by the author of the review in the comments.
"As an Avatar fan, you guys have no idea how much I wish I could share with you all the various details. But, sadly, I am somewhat restricted on what can and can’t be said. That said…here goes nothing:
I think with any fandom, there will be extremists that are never happy with any changes made to characters. But the vast majority will likely be fine, if not quite content, with the decisions made in volume 3 of The Search. The key is for them to take a deep breath and read THE ENTIRE volume when it comes out. You’ll understand why when you get the chance, and I really hope you all take that chance, as it is worth it.
Also, yes, there is more Ozai Smiley
Satisfying closure…oh, that pushes it. I’ll say it didn't give me closure, but some fans might find it all the closure they’d ever want on how Ozai and Zuko’s relationship was, is, and will ever be.
I’ll end on this last note, because I know various Avatar forums linking back here are all bummed I didn't say more and seem to have varying opinions of me as such (though I’ll say I appreciate all your views and opinions, and as a fan, am right there with you). The cover to the next trilogy should say something about the characters involved or not involved in it. I'm in no way insinuating some dark mortal loss…but some characters might be a bit busy with events and interactions that the fall out of The Search. I wish I could say more! But trust me, for you hardcore fans? The wait will absolutely be worth it, I was honestly in no way disappointed."

Reading that post, I'm getting the feeling that its fairly certain that Ikem is Zuko's father. I must say I will give them a chance but I'm still not happy with that revelation.
He's sort of confirming Zuko will not be in "The Rift" , what the fall out could be is totally up in the air. Could be he's staying with Ursa for a while, or he's taking care of Azula (if she's still alive), Or Heading off a civil war.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013 08:47 am by Gundleer » Logged

Did you miss me?
AtoMaki
Scariest Kite Ever

ENTP

« Reply #231 on: Aug 16, 2013 08:15 am »

"I think with any fandom, there will be extremists that are never happy with any changes made to characters. But the vast majority will likely be fine, if not quite content, with the decisions made in volume 3 of The Search. The key is for them to take a deep breath and read THE ENTIRE volume when it comes out. You’ll understand why when you get the chance, and I really hope you all take that chance, as it is worth it."

Ah... I think this confirms the theory that Gene Yang has no idea about what the true nature of the Avatar fandom is  Cheesy. I kinda' pity him  Grin.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Furudo Erika
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #232 on: Aug 16, 2013 09:50 am »

Ehhhh.....  this comment sounds like
"I am aware of the complaints fans have, but it is too late to change anything, so I will treat those people as extremist while I try to justify why I failed on some characters. So now I will make this comment and try to blame others for being extremists. God I hope the comic sells." lol, that's how it looks to me.
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #233 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:26 am »

"As an Avatar fan, you guys have no idea how much I wish I could share with you all the various details. But, sadly, I am somewhat restricted on what can and can’t be said. That said…here goes nothing:
I think with any fandom, there will be extremists that are never happy with any changes made to characters. But the vast majority will likely be fine, if not quite content, with the decisions made in volume 3 of The Search. The key is for them to take a deep breath and read THE ENTIRE volume when it comes out. You’ll understand why when you get the chance, and I really hope you all take that chance, as it is worth it.
Also, yes, there is more Ozai Smiley
Satisfying closure…oh, that pushes it. I’ll say it didn't give me closure, but some fans might find it all the closure they’d ever want on how Ozai and Zuko’s relationship was, is, and will ever be.
I’ll end on this last note, because I know various Avatar forums linking back here are all bummed I didn't say more and seem to have varying opinions of me as such (though I’ll say I appreciate all your views and opinions, and as a fan, am right there with you). The cover to the next trilogy should say something about the characters involved or not involved in it. I'm in no way insinuating some dark mortal loss…but some characters might be a bit busy with events and interactions that the fall out of The Search. I wish I could say more! But trust me, for you hardcore fans? The wait will absolutely be worth it, I was honestly in no way disappointed."

Reading that post, I'm getting the feeling that its fairly certain that Ikem is Zuko's father. I must say I will give them a chance but I'm still not happy with that revelation.
He's sort of confirming Zuko will not be in "The Rift" , what the fall out could be is totally up in the air. Could be he's staying with Ursa for a while, or he's taking care of Azula (if she's still alive), Or Heading off a civil war.

So part 3 is going to be a big WTH?

Link?

Soldiers never die.
Gundleer
Scariest Kite Ever

Because I'm a people person...

« Reply #234 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am »

So part 3 is going to be a big WTH?

Link?

It's in the comments section under the review for part 3.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013 10:32 am by Gundleer » Logged

Did you miss me?
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #235 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:36 am »

^ I see, thank you!  Grin

Somehow I think there's going to be another big traumatic breakdown in store for Azula by the end of this. One is with the shocking truth(whatever that is.) another by the end of the charade when they restrain her.

Soldiers never die.
colle
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #236 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:41 am »

I thought that Zuko would not be involved, or little if any, in "the Rift," because I figured he have to deal with family matters and/or fire nation proper matters. It sounds like Zuko and Ozai's relationship(for lack of a better word) might get worse if that is even possible(which I wouldn't mind at all) no matter what.
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #237 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:48 am »

I thought that Zuko would not be involved, or little if any, in "the Rift," because I figured he have to deal with family matters and/or fire nation proper matters. It sounds like Zuko and Ozai's relationship(for lack of a better word) might get worse if that is even possible(which I wouldn't mind at all) no matter what.

not expecting a happy end with that relationship.

Soldiers never die.
HikaruIzumi
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #238 on: Aug 16, 2013 11:28 am »

^Anything with Zuko, Ozai and "happy" in one sentence is OOC and smells like fanfiction.

Wall of Text Club President
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #239 on: Aug 16, 2013 11:44 am »

^Anything with Zuko, Ozai and "happy" in one sentence is OOC and smells like fanfiction.

That goes without saying. and we all know what Ozai is like by now.

Soldiers never die.
Blanka
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #240 on: Aug 16, 2013 11:50 am »

She seems more inclined to during her own thing rather helping or harming anyone.However that is simply my impression. She's like an artistic hermit who simply wants spend her time alone doing art.  As such The Mother of Face's tends to get upset when people interrupt her while enjoying her hobby.'

I'm not stating a conclusion. I'm just saying there's no conclusive evidence one way or the other on the Mother of Faces moral alignment.
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #241 on: Aug 16, 2013 12:18 pm »

I'm not stating a conclusion. I'm just saying there's no conclusive evidence one way or the other on the Mother of Faces moral alignment.

understandable it is possible that misread the infromation.

Soldiers never die.
Loopy
Negative Spirit
Scariest Kite Ever

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #242 on: Aug 16, 2013 06:37 pm »

"I think with any fandom, there will be extremists that are never happy with any changes made to characters. But the vast majority will likely be fine, if not quite content, with the decisions made in volume 3 of The Search. The key is for them to take a deep breath and read THE ENTIRE volume when it comes out. You’ll understand why when you get the chance, and I really hope you all take that chance, as it is worth it."

Ah... I think this confirms the theory that Gene Yang has no idea about what the true nature of the Avatar fandom is  Cheesy. I kinda' pity him  Grin.
Ehhhh.....  this comment sounds like
"I am aware of the complaints fans have, but it is too late to change anything, so I will treat those people as extremist while I try to justify why I failed on some characters. So now I will make this comment and try to blame others for being extremists. God I hope the comic sells." lol, that's how it looks to me.

You guys understand that this is the reviewer making the comment, not Gene Yang, right?

by Maivry
Quote from: Ikkin
[Roku] tried to push the conflict [with Sozin] out of mind instead of confronting it before it spiraled out of control. (In a way, his style of being Avatar was a lot like Mako's style of handling romantic conflicts xD
Random_Stranger
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #243 on: Aug 16, 2013 06:54 pm »

Ah... I think this confirms the theory that Gene Yang has no idea about what the true nature of the Avatar fandom is  Cheesy. I kinda' pity him  Grin.
Ehhhh.....  this comment sounds like

You guys understand that this is the reviewer making the comment, not Gene Yang, right?

It's not my problem. Tongue It would be kinda biased if an author reviewed his own book. Grin

Soldiers never die.
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #244 on: Aug 16, 2013 07:46 pm »

Also, yes, there is more Ozai

Ya can't bullseye the Ozai!  Cheesy

I don't really see how that conclusion can really be drawn. It sounds to me more like he's saying, in his review and his comment, that things won't turn out exactly how you suspect, but most people will probably be pleasantly surprised. The reviewer of course can't say whether or not the matter concerning Ikem is true or not, but I'm pretty sure at this point that, at the very least, we won't get a definite answer one way or another. Think about it:

--It's fairly obvious Ursa probably will not be able to remember her children and therefore could not answer the question of who Zuko's father is. Either that or she's already dead.

--Ikem's memories have either been erased or he's dead/missing so he can't answer.

--Ozai probably can't give a real answer to the question.

There is absolutely no one left who could answer this question, except possibly the Mother of Faces who still may not actually know herself. Aang will probably be right that Zuko will just have to forget about it and carry his burden like a man. However, some of what the reviewer said does sound like there might be one more twist in store for us and I do think there's another possibility here:

We know Ikem probably met the Mother of Faces as well. He may have had his memories wiped and taken a new face, but considering the Mother of Faces is willing to grant a wish even if one isn't looking for a new face, there's another possibility: MY ORIGINAL REINCARNATION THEORY WAS RIGHT...sorta. If Ikem met the Mother of Faces, he could have asked to be able to forget about Ursa so he could move on without the pain, thus the whole theater director theory, but I think it might be more likely Ikem would ask the Mother to help give him the opportunity to see Ursa again. Ursa made note of how Zuko's eyes reminded her of Ikem's and there was Ozai's thing about the lack of "spark" in his eyes. It's possible that through some strange matter dealing with the Mother of Faces' power, some part of Ikem's being is actually in Zuko.
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013 07:49 pm by Spirit of Flame » Logged

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
plushu
Scariest Kite Ever

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #245 on: Aug 16, 2013 09:03 pm »

We know Ikem probably met the Mother of Faces as well. He may have had his memories wiped and taken a new face, but considering the Mother of Faces is willing to grant a wish even if one isn't looking for a new face, there's another possibility: MY ORIGINAL REINCARNATION THEORY WAS RIGHT...sorta. If Ikem met the Mother of Faces, he could have asked to be able to forget about Ursa so he could move on without the pain, thus the whole theater director theory, but I think it might be more likely Ikem would ask the Mother to help give him the opportunity to see Ursa again. Ursa made note of how Zuko's eyes reminded her of Ikem's and there was Ozai's thing about the lack of "spark" in his eyes. It's possible that through some strange matter dealing with the Mother of Faces' power, some part of Ikem's being is actually in Zuko.

So Ursa's possibly dead ex boyfriend is reincarnated into the body of her son? That's weird. And by weird, I mean creepy.

I like it. Ozai would be the father of Ursa's ex boyfriend. It's like a Jerry Springer episode on crack.
proudinfidel
Scariest Kite Ever

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #246 on: Aug 16, 2013 09:13 pm »

Azula may not die.  She could just have another extreme breakdown.  Its a possibility. I know it would be a repeat of the end of the series...but I'm just saying. 
« Last Edit: Aug 16, 2013 09:16 pm by proudinfidel » Logged
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #247 on: Aug 16, 2013 10:00 pm »

So Ursa's possibly dead ex boyfriend is reincarnated into the body of her son? That's weird. And by weird, I mean creepy.

I like it. Ozai would be the father of Ursa's ex boyfriend. It's like a Jerry Springer episode on crack.

It would definitely make sense and would be a pretty creative direction to take the story. I'd give it a thumbs up. And the thing is that the audience knows more than the characters do thanks to the flashbacks. So, the heroes could be unaware of the full truth, while we ourselves are. We could possibly know the truth of Ikem and his being reincarnated in Zuko, but the characters might not.

And I think it would give a cool dimension to Zuko, Ursa and Ozai's relationship to have Zuko essentially be Ikem himself. It would at least raise a lot of interesting questions. Wink

firegoddess
Scariest Kite Ever

They are both so cute, It’s a family trait

« Reply #248 on: Aug 16, 2013 11:01 pm »

It would definitely make sense and would be a pretty creative direction to take the story. I'd give it a thumbs up. And the thing is that the audience knows more than the characters do thanks to the flashbacks. So, the heroes could be unaware of the full truth, while we ourselves are. We could possibly know the truth of Ikem and his being reincarnated in Zuko, but the characters might not.

And I think it would give a cool dimension to Zuko, Ursa and Ozai's relationship to have Zuko essentially be Ikem himself. It would at least raise a lot of interesting questions. Wink

I never thought it like that, I would like to have an ending like that in the books. So I also give it a thumbs up
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Scariest Kite Ever

« Reply #249 on: Aug 17, 2013 03:48 am »

^ ^ ^

Here's another fun idea: what if whatever request Ursa made to the mother herself resulted in Azula's hallucinations?

But then I'm also thinking Ozai may have followed Ursa to try to find Ikem and who knows how this may have affected things.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: