Dec 16, 2017 09:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korra Soundtrack  (Read 11064 times)
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jul 03, 2013 12:07 am »

I did a search, and was surprised that there was not a merchandise topic for the MUCH celebrated Korra soundtrack. The soundtrack is doing well, and is in the top 100 soundtracks on amazon. (i personally have three copies coming to me mid july)

The soundtrack is available for pre order at many online retailers (iTunes, amazon, barnes and noble, etc). Use a search engine to find more choices.

This is exciting for both the Korra series AND the original series. Hopefully the popularity of the Korra soundtrack will help pave the way to an Avatar the Last Airbender soundtrack Smiley

I can't wait to receive my copies of the Korra soundtrack.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jul 03, 2013 04:47 am »

I just ordered mine from Target.com.  It's actually a couple dollars cheaper there than Amazon, oddly enough.  Can't wait!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2013 07:07 pm »

Ooh, good tip on Target. I get Free Shipping from them.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Jul 15, 2013 05:39 pm »

My preorder arrived early!  It's awesome. Cheesy
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #4 on: Jul 15, 2013 10:11 pm »

Just downloaded my preorder on iTunes! OMG it's amazing! All I have to say is, where is the ATLA soundtrack?!?!?

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Jul 16, 2013 01:42 am »

Just downloaded my preorder on iTunes! OMG it's amazing! All I have to say is, where is the ATLA soundtrack?!?!?

Mike, Bryan, and the composer Jeremy Zuckerman have been pushing internally for an official soundtrack release since ATLA was first airing.  It wasn't until now that they were able to convince the executives that it could work, and Legend of Korra got the release since it was current.  According to Jeremy Zuckerman and Bryan Konietzko, the chance of an ATLA soundtrack release depends on how successful the Legend of Korra soundtrack is.  If the LoK soundtrack sales are really good, that gives executives a reason to greenlight an ATLA soundtrack release.

Judging by how the LoK soundtrack has been sitting near the top of the Amazon and iTunes soundtrack charts, I'm optimistic. Cheesy
DeusExKatrina
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Carly Shay Guevara

« Reply #6 on: Jul 16, 2013 08:59 am »

Good god this soundtrack is gorgeous. I mean I adored Korra's music in the show but I had no idea it was this incredible.

\\\"Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. True humility is the only antidote to shame.\\\"
Team Azula.
Keeper of Korra\\\'s misadventure with the powder puff and the Korra = Amon = Aang theory.
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #7 on: Jul 16, 2013 09:39 am »

I flipped through the soundtrack last night.

It was okay. I remembered the OST being better in the show but it seems i was mistaken. Still alright though.

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #8 on: Jul 18, 2013 09:20 pm »

I listened to the soundtrack last night. I was surprised to find that "The Rally" wasn't included in the soundtrack. It was my favorite of the downloadable music from when season 1 was on. Also missing was "Bolin wants to know".

Maybe they were absorbed into other songs and I missed them. I had the music in the background while I worked, so it's possible I just might have not noticed them...

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #9 on: Jul 18, 2013 10:08 pm »

Yeah I missed "The Rally" too, but it was included into parts of other songs and it made them epic. I didn't hear "Bolin Wants to Know" in any of the ones that I listen to.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Ceibita
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

=(^.^)=

« Reply #10 on: Jul 21, 2013 12:17 am »

I'm listening to it right now. I cheered so much when I found it in the mail today! Cheesy It'll be my new studying music.

アバターが好きだよ!
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #11 on: Jul 21, 2013 01:06 am »

I have been listening to it every day since I got it. It is so beautiful!

Ceibita
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

=(^.^)=

« Reply #12 on: Jul 21, 2013 11:14 pm »

The best way to listen to music is with very loud headphones in a completely dark and quiet room. It sounds weird, but it's incredibly relaxing. It's almost like, by closing off the rest of your senses and concentrating purely on sound, you can connect with the beauty of the music just by itself.

I loved the music in the show, but after listening to the soundtrack alone a few times, it feels even more poignant and beautiful. All of these tracks are just so powerful and emotional. It makes me want to close my eyes and just let the music sweep me away. (:

I have to say though, I never realized how depressing a lot of the music in the show is... I actually started feeling really upset listening to some tracks. The happy ones make you want to get up and dance though. (:

アバターが好きだよ!
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #13 on: Jul 22, 2013 05:04 pm »

Well, I ordered mine. Now I need to decide if I'll bother listening to it.

Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jul 23, 2013 04:31 am »

^ Let me guess....the main reason you bought it was to hope it sells well enough to get a ATLA soundtrack.  ;)

Sig made by Dorky.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #15 on: Jul 23, 2013 06:30 pm »

Hey, it's more likely to work than signing another online petition. Grin

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Oct 24, 2013 04:34 am »

So where's that ATLA soundtrack we got hints would happen if the LoK soundtrack sold well? :\
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #17 on: Oct 24, 2013 06:45 pm »

So impatient. Cheesy First, are we sure the soundtrack sold well? And even if it did, I wouldn't expect the ATLA version to come out until the next round of Avatar merchandise is ready. As I recall, the LoK soundtrack, Art book, and DVD's all came out around the same time, as a hype tool for Book 2.

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Oct 24, 2013 10:41 pm »

Well it was topping the Amazon and iTunes soundtrack charts for a while, if that's any indication.  And this was when the summer movie season was in full swing, with all those soundtracks.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #19 on: Oct 25, 2013 01:01 am »

They will release soundtrack for second season of Korra. And third and fourth.

All the while keeping ATLA soundtrack hostage, promising if we just buy it all, they might possibly think of considering starting to discuss the possibility to do something with ATLA soundtrack.

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #20 on: Oct 25, 2013 07:18 pm »

I would be scared if Nick thought that ATLA-exclusive fans were worth anything. The only thing we get is a trashy comic series, while LoK has the lion's share of the (admittedly sparse) merchandise.

Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Oct 29, 2013 08:20 am »

Because it's recent.

I adore the soundtrack. Admittedly I am not as keen on the jazzy tracks, except as atmosphere during the series, but the more orchestral music.. C'est trés bon! Especially asami and hiroshi / korra airbends, I just have that on repeat from time to time.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Robotech_Master
No Post Report
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

5477383 robomastr robotech_master_2000
« Reply #22 on: Jun 15, 2014 10:45 am »

Just thought I'd mention that folks who subscribe to Amazon Prime can stream the soundtrack to Legend of Korra Book One "free" as part of Amazon's new Prime Music streaming service.

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Korra-Original-Music-Book/dp/B00DPWJDT4/tag=terrania-20

(Of course, it's $99 to subscribe to Prime, which is why I put "free" in quotation marks. Smiley )
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #23 on: Jun 17, 2014 07:22 pm »

^

I found it on Spotify.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #24 on: Jun 18, 2014 04:48 am »

Moved to Marketplace and merged with Korra Soundtrack.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: