Sep 25, 2017 01:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: THQ going under. Who will take the game rights to Avatar TLA and LOK?  (Read 7314 times)
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #25 on: Apr 30, 2013 06:08 pm »

You guys are thinking too big under the assumption that an Avatar game will have this little thing called a "budget"
As I said before far more obscure sources have had quality video game adaptions so its not out of the realm of possibility.  Probably not likely, but possible.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #26 on: Apr 30, 2013 06:30 pm »

Game budgets rival movie budgets, these days. Cheesy Considering the franchise's ratings versus animation budget, I don't think it's unreasonable to assume that someone might want to give it the old college try, money-wise.

And considering that most of us have mentioned rip-offs of other franchise games, I think we're keeping things relatively realistic. (Thinking that Avatar can do something like WoW or TOR is probably a bit much, though.)

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #27 on: Apr 30, 2013 06:32 pm »

MMORPG's are a decrepit and creatively bankrupt genre anyway.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Kick logic out and do the impossible.

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013 07:00 pm »

And considering that most of us have mentioned rip-offs of other franchise games, I think we're keeping things relatively realistic. (Thinking that Avatar can do something like WoW or TOR is probably a bit much, though.)

True. I'm willing to bet the idea for Arkham Asylum basically came from someone at Rock Steady who probably said, "Hey, those Assassin's Creed games? Those are pretty awesome huh? But wouldn't they be even cooler if you could be Batman?"

Go see Mae Witman (our lady Waterbender) as Roxanne Richer in Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.
Noob32
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jul 01, 2013 10:29 am »

It would also lend itself to strategy games as well. We could have a Total War style game about the Four Nations duking it out during the century prior to Aang's reemergence.

-Gray
Combine with MMORPG and it's a gang war game.

Personally, I think Legend of Korra lends itself well to a sandbox action game like Infamous. Heck, even the plot of Infamous 2 has some very peculiar parallels to Book 1 of Legend of Korra. (Both Bertrand and Amon are monsters who hide of their powers from the public and seek to eradicate conduits/benders from existence.)

Republic City can work very similarly to Empire city, where you can complete side missions (taking out the bending triads and the equalist camps) to clean out the city and keep it safe to traverse. You can travel on foot, by car, leap across buildings with certain bending powers, or hitch a ride on Naga. If you step out of line or hurt civilians, there could be a notoriety meter like in Assassin's Creed or GTA that will go off, which will make Lin's Metalbenders start to chase after you.

You can have different combat combos and special moves for each of the four elements (similar to the four different weapons in God of War 3) and as you gain experience in combat, you can choose which elements you want to Level up.

So you wan't to make ATLoK game a GTA.

Strategy + MMORPG + GTA style means total gang war game.
« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2013 10:31 am by Noob32 » Logged

Not trolling, Just better forumfielding™
#KeeperofLieutesami
Noob32
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Dec 08, 2013 08:35 am »

Yay for T2

That means T2 is making an ATLoK game(maybe) It would be great for rockstar games to get this job.

Not trolling, Just better forumfielding™
#KeeperofLieutesami
Revan200
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Dec 08, 2013 10:11 am »

I would like for Bioware to make it. Since they made Kotor. But EA owns them now...
Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2014 10:50 pm »

Yay for T2

That means T2 is making an ATLoK game(maybe) It would be great for rockstar games to get this job.

Given Rockstar's reputation with the GTA series and other games, I doubt Nickelodeon will let them touch ATLA/LOK with a 10 foot pole.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: