Mar 30, 2017 05:31 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Your Favorite Fan Media finds  (Read 13070 times)
Digimon Emperor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Jan 02, 2013 12:29 am »

The rules of the Fan Media section say that you should only post your own work. But sometimes you come upon a piece of fan media (Eg. Graphics, sculptures, photo manipulations) so incredible and amazing you just have to let everyone know about it. That's just what this thread is for.

Please do not post AMVs here. Those go into this thread.

A few guidelines (can't do without those):

1) Should go without saying, but I'm going to say it anyway. Link directly to where the original artist has posted their work. Do not post their picture via a re-upload to your own image-hosting account.  

2) In depth comments, constructive criticisms, etc., should be posted where the artist is more likely to see them.  Wink

3) Try to find pieces that haven't been posted here yet.

4) If you link to an image that has spoilers from as-of-yet un-aired episodes, put a SPOILER WARNING on your post.

Right, we'll see how this works. Please PM me (Icy_Ashford or any of the admins/mods) if you have any questions or suggestions.  Smiley

~Icy_Ashford

I don't know if anyone had seen this or not.  Let alone if there's a topic or if this is the right area to show this.  I was on this gaming site GameFAQs and someone had shared this on the Cartoons and Animation board.  So I thought I'd provide a link to the map:

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8351/8306408148_056c8149c4_o.jpg
« Last Edit: Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2013 12:37 am »

Whoa that's gorgeous! O:

Somebody made this? I remember the old site having a map with the paths they traveled, or at least the locations they traveled to, but this is pretty amazing.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2013 02:47 am »

That is one sweet map, I can't believe I haven't seen it before. It should be a give-away item at the next comic-con.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2013 04:19 am »

Very cool map, but there are some inaccuracies (like Yu Dao/RC) - maybe because the little bit off scaling.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 02, 2013 05:22 am »

This is amazing!

it also shows how the Gaang took almost the entirity of season 1 to go from south to north, while Zuko and Katara went from the Northwest (WAT), to the south (Whale tail island), to west (Yon Rha), and back again overnight Grin

i would love to see Azula's track, and Zhao's track as well!
oh, and Zuko/Irohs track for season 1, though that could largely match with the Gaang's track, just delayed by one or two episodes Tongue
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2013 05:30 am by Yougo » Logged

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Final Frontier
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Your Avatar is not amused.

« Reply #5 on: Jan 02, 2013 01:23 pm »

This is quite a useful resource for fans indeed, and the detail is admirable. What amazes me most is that Appa, when he was alone, still has his resting points mapped out. The sea creatures are also there - tiny, but easily distinct from each other. The map itself shows age too, and that definitely appeals to the aesthetics of the Avatar world.

The time and patience that was required to create it... honestly, I'm at a loss for words.

Keeper of Chey's "Hey, where'd everybody go? ...very funny, guys!"
Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jan 02, 2013 02:18 pm »

Fantastic map, but is there a map without all the text and arrows on it?
TheArchitect
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jan 03, 2013 05:47 pm »

Wow! Is this map official?
Very well done anyway. I'm just loving it and hoping to get one without the text. ^^

Keeper of Wan Shi Tong's Library, Jinora's education and Azula and Noatak's tears.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jan 03, 2013 06:07 pm »

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #9 on: Jan 03, 2013 07:34 pm »

Seriously, I have to know if this is official! If so, I finally have the explanation I needed for Zuko and Iroh's seemingly bizarre movements at the beginning of Book 2- they just walked the entire height of the Earth Kingdom over the course of 3 episodes. (I'm not arguing it, it was one of two bad choices and probably the more realistic, oddly.)

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2013 01:00 am »

That is awesome! Truly amazing someone made this. The scaling seems off though and there are some inaccuracies (like how did they sail a ship through the Great Divid? there was no water there...), but they can be looked past by simply how amazing it is!
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2013 01:02 am by aa623 » Logged

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2013 10:23 am »

No one has word if this is official, right?

I NEED IT
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jan 04, 2013 12:53 pm »

That is awesome! Truly amazing someone made this. The scaling seems off though and there are some inaccuracies (like how did they sail a ship through the Great Divid? there was no water there...), but they can be looked past by simply how amazing it is!
The scaling is off on the real map as well though. I'll never get over how Ba Sing Se and the Serpent's Pass are so big on the map, but in actual depictions are much smaller. For instance the Serpent's pass couldn't be more than a few hundred feet wide at its widest points.
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2013 08:15 am »

The clear map is out there on the intarwebz somewhere, I suppose. The marked map isn't official, like made by nickelodeon or such, but it is accurate as far as I can see.

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2013 09:35 am »

Does anyone know the source of this map? Not on the GameFAQs forum, the original artist?
Digimon Emperor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2013 10:53 am »

Does anyone know the source of this map? Not on the GameFAQs forum, the original artist?

I don't have the faintest idea.  It wasn't mentioned how the person was able to find the map when I clicked on that topic.

plastroncafe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

plastronc
« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2013 01:35 pm »

Wow that is lovely.
Thank you for finding this and sharing it. Holy cats.

I was adding this image to Pintrest and
The World by mudron, via Flickr
self populated in my app.

So...if nothing else, that's a starting point for giving credit where credit is due? maybe?
« Last Edit: Jan 05, 2013 01:39 pm by plastroncafe » Logged

<=======================================

Get out of the Bison's mouth, Sokka.

=======================================>
Justrec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Show me the Toph!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2013 01:47 pm »

Didn't know there was a river in the Great Divide. Seems like they just put that there because they needed some sort of passage way from the south to north.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jan 05, 2013 10:19 pm »

That's not a river, that's just one of the trail lines showing the paths the gaang took throughout the series.
djinn
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fish genetics is a very small field

« Reply #19 on: Jan 05, 2013 10:30 pm »

I love fictional maps. This is so detailed and pretty. Thanks Aanginator for the find!

Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Jan 06, 2013 12:11 pm »

I though the Great Divide had a river, but it was dried up due to it being the dry season as Sokka had stated early on in the episode.
Justrec
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Show me the Toph!

« Reply #21 on: Jan 06, 2013 02:40 pm »

That's not a river, that's just one of the trail lines showing the paths the gaang took throughout the series.
That is a river. There is a blue trail line indicating a river, then the lines showing what the gaang did on top of it.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jan 06, 2013 04:05 pm »

edit: nvm, I see the river.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2013 07:53 pm by luvavatar » Logged
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #23 on: Jan 06, 2013 05:13 pm »

This is goregous! Whoever made this deserves...everything good in life!

it also shows how the Gaang took almost the entirity of season 1 to go from south to north, while Zuko and Katara went from the Northwest (WAT), to the south (Whale tail island), to west (Yon Rha), and back again overnight Grin

Haha I never realized that until now. That is strange. Does it say they stopped on a fire nation island or something?, because they escaped WAT and went camping in the middle of nowhere, and then went to Whale Tail island after that. But still, that journey should have taken days regardless. But oh well, I shouldn't be so nitpicky.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #24 on: Jan 06, 2013 05:18 pm »

Easy solution: Appa lost a lot of weight while held captive by the Dai Li and so his acceleration was a lot faster in Book 3. No, I don't know where that weight came from, just imagine it was under his fur somewhere.

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: