Dec 11, 2019 08:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mai gets a solo story for Free Comic Book Day [Spoilers within!]  (Read 72392 times)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #525 on: Jun 23, 2013 04:22 pm »

Aye! The last thing I want to see is Mai dealing with The Dark One, unless the comics are allowed to show bloodshed.

It is more about Toph than her students, come on guys you don't think the backgrounds of Mai and Toph are somewhat similar?

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #526 on: Jun 23, 2013 04:25 pm »

Oh, definitely, and if there were anyone Mai would bond with in the gAang, I think it's Toph. I just don't think the way Toph is being handled currently in the comics would make for a good team-up with Mai.

High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #527 on: Jun 23, 2013 04:42 pm »

Oh, definitely, and if there were anyone Mai would bond with in the gAang, I think it's Toph. I just don't think the way Toph is being handled currently in the comics would make for a good team-up with Mai.
I'd still want it though. Toph and Mai are the only characters I really like now. Sad

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #528 on: Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am »

I do wonder what Mai's mother fits in all of this. Watched "Return To Omashu" today, and she seemed legitmitly nice. She was concerned for the citizens of Omashu having "pendipox", and was concerned for earth kingdom people.
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2013 08:43 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #529 on: Jun 25, 2013 06:52 pm »

Yeah, Mai's Mom's conspicuous absence intrigues me, especially since the implication is that Mai's Dad has pretty much kidnapped Tom-Tom.

Although, I'm not sure we can say that she was concerned for the Omashuns over the plague. Her dialogue and actions are ambiguous enough that she could just be horrified at the notion of a plague sweeping through the city's in which she's living.

fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #530 on: Jun 25, 2013 08:45 pm »

^Well I said she seemed nice, I didn't say she was nice, we will see.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #531 on: Jul 02, 2013 03:35 pm »

Since the discussion in this thread has gone vastly off-topic, I have given it its own thread: Any good fathers?

Please continue the discussion about fathers there, and use this thread to talk about Mai's story. Thanks. Smiley

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #532 on: Jul 02, 2013 05:30 pm »

What did Mai tell Aunt Mura when she got home from her date with Tom-Tom in tow?

"One date and already I'm a single mother. I blame you, Auntie. You should be raising me better."

Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #533 on: Jul 02, 2013 05:51 pm »

What did Mai tell Aunt Mura when she got home from her date with Tom-Tom in tow?

"One date and already I'm a single mother. I blame you, Auntie. You should be raising me better."

Yeah, I wonder how she explained that. Her aunt must not be very bright.

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
NoName999
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

World's Greatest Voidbender

« Reply #534 on: Jul 02, 2013 05:55 pm »

Surely she knows that she has a nephew as well.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #535 on: Jul 02, 2013 06:04 pm »

Yeah, but how to explain that you kidnapped your little brother from your terrorist father?

"Ooh, it's Tom-Tom! Did your mother drop him off so that she and your father could take their summer vacation?"

"...........................yeah, sure, let's go with that."

Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

love is watching someone die

« Reply #536 on: Jul 02, 2013 06:31 pm »

"I realized that men aren't worth the trouble, Tom Tom's my new prop to help me pick up chicks"

Sig and Avie by the very lovely Georgie
Proud keeper of Narook\'s seaweed noodlery
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #537 on: Jul 02, 2013 07:29 pm »

Mai's mom and Toph's mom they are both very ambuguous to what there true morals and believes. They will follow their husband, but how much it is really their belief of what is the right path, and just doing what they are told. I don't know about Mai's dad, but I know Toph's dad is a very bossy impossing person and I know wouldn't accept nothing but unquestional obidience from his wife.

Blue Warpath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Evil is love. Evil is life.

« Reply #538 on: Aug 28, 2014 05:59 pm »

Meh, a bit late, but I finally got around to reading Rebound...

It's always good to start off with the fact it wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be and it wasn't much of a rip off. Yes, and I know it's a free comic, but you know, I think getting something for entertainment purposes and then it wasting a precious amount of my time a "rip off". But, this wasn't a rip-off - it was just a simple, okay-ish comic. I liked that at least "someone" likes the old Ozai-Fire Nation regime, instead of being like "whatever" when Zuko took power. As for Mai and whats-his-name-that's-like-Jet-but-ugly-dorky-and-Fire-Nation, I wasn't very impressed - the only thing that made it remotely enjoyable was Mai's dryness and I did a fistpump with the hints that Maiko will return since they shouldn't have broken up in the first goddamn place - but, him being part of the badguys wasn't surprising and made me roll my eyes.

Mai's plot with her father was pretty stupid. First, why is Mai's father not with Mai's mother? Why is everyone breaking up in these comics? Next, why did he send a guy to "seduce" his daughter and bring her into the fold? Seemed unnecessary, and felt also a bit to reminiscent of the angst Satos in LOK. The plot just didn't grasp me too much, because honestly I just didn't think it was that well written. And, it doesn't feel like these Anti-Zukos are really that effective at anything and considering that Mai's father, who is a certified idiot, is high up in this group makes me really wonder if we're supposed to feel sorry for them rather than see them as antagonists.

Now, if I can only figure out why this "thing" appears on the page...

Every time Mai's dialogue pops up, instead of Mai...

...I'll be satisfied... kinda. But, I suppose that's a mystery for another issue.
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2014 06:02 pm by Blue Warpath » Logged

Keeper of Kuvira's owning, Asami's lacking development, and Azula's nails.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #539 on: Aug 28, 2014 06:07 pm »

Mai look weirder then weird.
I bet that's because of the break-up and because she's Mai but I dunno, she look like a man with a large wig.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #540 on: Aug 28, 2014 06:42 pm »

Well, there you go. Sokka drew it.

Blue Warpath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Evil is love. Evil is life.

« Reply #541 on: Aug 29, 2014 06:53 pm »

Well, there you go. Sokka drew it.

I think the scariest thing is that Sokka's drawing looks more like Mai than the one in this comic.
« Last Edit: Aug 29, 2014 06:56 pm by Blue Warpath » Logged

Keeper of Kuvira's owning, Asami's lacking development, and Azula's nails.
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #542 on: Aug 29, 2014 06:59 pm »

The fake boyfriend dude look like so much of a di**, Tahno would be proud.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Misty23
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #543 on: Nov 11, 2014 12:26 pm »

So now that we know what the rift part 3 is about I definitely think that there will be a Zuko centric plot that focus on the New Ozai Loyalists. I just wonder how tom tom and Mai will fit into it
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: