Nov 12, 2019 10:39 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra Book Four Balance DVD & Blu-ray available for pre-order  (Read 167649 times)
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #150 on: Mar 24, 2014 01:22 pm »

Book 2's been officially announced for release on July 1st in the United States and August 5th in Canada on Blu-ray and DVD!  Smiley

Blu-Ray exclusive special features:  
Audio commentaries- From series creators, cast and crew for all 14 episodes
(17) Scene Bending Animatics- Take a look at the animation process behind The Legend of Korra. Watch as we show you the process of how the character sketches, layouts, and rough animation became this action-packed scene in Book 2.

Inside the Book of Spirits- Get a behind-the-scenes look at the making of The Legend of Korra: Book 2! Join show creators, Michael DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko as they run through the creative process from story concepts to scripting to the animation phase, and more.

The Re-telling of Korra's Journey- From leaving her home in the Southern Water Tribe to quickly putting her Avatar skills to the test against the Equalists, get ready to relive the exciting adventures of Avatar Korra in this extended Book 1 recap with 30 minutes of video clips!

Kindred Spirits: Tenzin's Family- “Kindred Spirits: Tenzin's Family” is an all-access deconstruction of his familial relationships, from his children to his siblings with interviews by the creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.

Feuding Spirits: Korra's Family

DVD special features:
Audio commentaries- From series creators, cast and crew for four episodes.

(2) Scene Bending Animatics

Feuding Spirits: Korra's Family - “Feuding Spirits: Korra's Family” is an in-depth look at Korra’s entire family dynamic, from her father to her uncle with interviews by the creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/24/the-legend-of-korra-exclusive-blu-ray-dvd-date-and-extras-revealed-for-book-two-spirits?abthid=533072253f35bb516700000c
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014 10:23 am by Ooze33 » Logged

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #151 on: Mar 24, 2014 01:52 pm »

...that Blu-ray sounds incredible. o_0 Full commentaries and making ofs and segments on Korra and Tenzin's families? Awesome! And the cover's to die for, too.

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #152 on: Mar 24, 2014 03:26 pm »

I'm glad the Blu ray release is just as great as the one for Book One. Part of me was fearing that Nick wouldn't go all the way with it. I am looking forwards to all the audio commentaries, I love listening to those.

Also curious as to what will be addressed in the Tenzin's family segment. Maybe Bryke will address some of the fandoms perception of Aang being the worst dad ever?

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #153 on: Mar 24, 2014 05:22 pm »

I'm simultaneously enraptured and terrified of getting Word of God on the Kataang family.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2014 06:31 pm »

Just an update, the release date for the DVD and Blu-ray has been pushed back to August 5th.

Source: http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Legend-Korra-Book-2-Spirits/19790

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2014 10:28 pm »

Ah, sad. I can't wait for the thing...
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #156 on: May 12, 2014 10:55 pm »

Sad

Why?

This also leads me to believe Book 3 won't air till September again. I can't see them releasing the Book 2 dvd after the new season starts airing.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #157 on: May 20, 2014 10:24 am »

My apologies, apparently the information was incorrectly reported.

It'll be released on July 1st in the US while the August 5th date is for Canada.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #158 on: May 20, 2014 11:27 am »

Oh, that's great! Less waiting ^_^
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2014 11:40 pm »

Well that's a relief. I was gonna say, the Amazon release date never changed so I was questioning the delay a bit.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #160 on: Jul 20, 2014 08:34 pm »

It's been discovered that while the box says the Book Two Blu-ray is in 1080p High Definition, the discs themselves are actually are at a lower quality in interlaced 1080i.

This is definitely an issue that Paramount needs to be made aware of, so phone calls and e-mails are in order. If enough people report the issue, ideally replacement Blu-ray discs will be made available.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #161 on: Jul 21, 2014 01:07 am »

I mean, I watched through all of my Book 2 blu ray and it looked fine...is there really much of a difference?

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #162 on: Jul 21, 2014 12:14 pm »

I mean, I watched through all of my Book 2 blu ray and it looked fine...is there really much of a difference?

I think it really is only noticeable to people with really good eyesight (and a big TV), but Paramount should be made aware of the misinformation being put out.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #163 on: Jul 21, 2014 05:19 pm »

My tv is 50" and I wear contact lenses so my vision is about as good as it's gonna get. Still didn't notice anything different.

I don't paramount would really do anything about it now though. The only thing I can see them doing is making sure the same doesn't happen for the Book 3 blu ray (I'm assuming there will be one.)

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #164 on: Jul 21, 2014 06:07 pm »

They didn't care that the ATLA Book Water DVD's had ghosting in the images, I doubt they'll care about this.

But it can't hurt to try. I think I'll hold off on buying Beginnings until I see what happens with this.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #165 on: Jul 21, 2014 08:26 pm »

I still don't really get what the issue is. What's the real difference between 1080p and 1080i?

Is it just a very slight quality difference? Because I honestly did not notice anything different about Book 1 blu-ray vs. Book 2's.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #166 on: Jul 22, 2014 06:30 pm »

This is a good write-up of the difference.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #167 on: Jul 23, 2014 02:55 am »

Ah, thanks for the link. It makes sense now.

I personally didn't see the difference on my blu-ray disk but at the same time I'm not that picky when we get that specific into resolution.

Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #168 on: Jul 25, 2014 04:16 pm »

According to this link (pointed out by neverXbroken) it was announced at the Comic-Con panel that we should expect Book 3 on DVD by the end of this year!

http://avatarthelegendofkorraonline.com/the-legend-of-korra-sdcc-2014-panel-live-updates/6406/

As always with me, hopefully there will be a Blu-ray release again! With all of the crazy things going on with Korra right now who knows what will happen!

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #169 on: Jul 25, 2014 05:15 pm »

If it's only on DVD I won"t be getting it. I already buy the episodes in hd on Amazon. Why would I pay for a lower quality standard DVD? So yeah, I'm hoping for blu ray as well.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #170 on: Aug 04, 2014 12:04 pm »

Is blu-ray.com an official site? If so, what the hell are these O______O ?

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-The-Complete-Book-1-Blu-ray/70466/
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-The-Complete-Book-2-Collection-Blu-ray/70465/
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-The-Complete-Book-3-Collection-Blu-ray/70464/
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #171 on: Aug 04, 2014 02:44 pm »

Yeah, it's an official site but those have been there for awhile. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #172 on: Aug 04, 2014 02:48 pm »

Yeah, it's an official site but those have been there for awhile. I wouldn't think anything of it.

Oh, okay. I'm glad I didn't get excited over nothing.

I just ordered Book 2 Spirits bluray! And yes, I still don't have a BD player. I'm buying them to support the franchise... xD

Does anyone know if 1080p - 1080i difference is huge in 2D animation?
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2014 06:23 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
Spiritwhisperer
Board Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #173 on: Aug 26, 2014 02:26 pm »

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #174 on: Aug 31, 2014 07:14 pm »

I just ordered Book 2 Spirits bluray! And yes, I still don't have a BD player. I'm buying them to support the franchise... xD

With all due respect, why buy a Blu-ray set (no DVDs included) when you do not have a Blu-ray player? Are you just preparing for your eventual purchase of a Blu-ray player?

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: