Jul 21, 2017 10:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra Book Four Balance DVD & Blu-ray available for pre-order  (Read 132688 times)
Watertaco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One ring to rule them all.

« Reply #25 on: Nov 29, 2012 08:26 pm »

Ok. Yes. Congrats, we have some DVD's.

Now can we please get a damn trailer?

Keeper of Hasook's Hair, Korra's boots, Azula's fingernails, and a Equalist gas mask!
Free_Spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Nov 29, 2012 10:34 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-a9GhC1b8

Enjoy! Smiley
toontow87
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 29, 2012 10:38 pm »

Coming soon eh? How long is soon anyway? I want a Korra DVD.  Grin

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #28 on: Nov 29, 2012 11:07 pm »

Will there be BR's or is that off the table?

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
AlfieBoheme95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Dec 01, 2012 04:35 am »

Nickelodeon UK said that they would air Korra "soon" last year. Sadly, I don't think it's coming for christmas.

Or at all. After Glee covered Gangnam Style, I can only assume the apocalypse has started.
Watertaco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One ring to rule them all.

« Reply #30 on: Dec 02, 2012 08:49 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-a9GhC1b8

Enjoy! Smiley
That's not what I meant. Tongue

Keeper of Hasook's Hair, Korra's boots, Azula's fingernails, and a Equalist gas mask!
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Dec 05, 2012 05:10 pm »

From Bryan's tumblr: http://bryankonietzko.tumblr.com/post/37275762130/just-had-a-fun-dvd-commentary-session-for-book-1

Just had a fun DVD commentary session for Book 1 with Janet Varney (Korra), David Faustino (Mako), and Mike (Mike).

Yay DVD commentary! Grin

So it is confirmed that the Korra Dvd will have commentary.

Which other bonus material will it have?

Perhaps the first trailer to Korra season 2.

Sig made by Dorky.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #32 on: Dec 05, 2012 10:25 pm »

So it is confirmed that the Korra Dvd will have commentary.

Which other bonus material will it have?

Perhaps the first trailer to Korra season 2.
Not necessarily. Sometimes they make commentaries on bluray only while dvd version is more barebones.

I'm looking at you, WB.

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #33 on: Dec 05, 2012 11:13 pm »

I'm looking at everyone who makes DVD's.

My solution: I just pirated all the Avengers extras. And Batman is getting the same treatment.

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Dec 06, 2012 01:47 am »

Apparently, there will be a Blu Ray release, Cheesy

http://www.amazon.com/Legend-Korra-Blu-ray-Janet-Varney/dp/B009LDCUVE

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Dec 06, 2012 09:52 pm »

Okay, now release the original series on Blu-Ray.

Or DVD. Or Laserdisc, or Betamax for all i care, but do something about artifacts.

PM if you see a mistake
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...and to another ten!

« Reply #36 on: Dec 06, 2012 10:53 pm »

While that gives some hope, Amazon does these "placeholder" pages for products that may be released all the time, and a lot of them never come to fruition. I want to get my hopes up, but I'm still not sure... Undecided

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Dec 07, 2012 01:45 am »

Okay, now release the original series on Blu-Ray.

Or DVD. Or Laserdisc, or Betamax for all i care, but do something about artifacts.

I would love if it was brought to HD and did that for both....though particularly, for my inner nerd, it would be neat if for each Book , it would have a more comprehensive art book , the unadulterated pilot episode and the Japanese dub.....because it'd be a twist.

While that gives some hope, Amazon does these "placeholder" pages for products that may be released all the time, and a lot of them never come to fruition. I want to get my hopes up, but I'm still not sure... Undecided

Just wish Nick would release both series, especially Korra, in its intended format. Heck, even Power Rangers Samurai is getting a Blu-Ray release. Please Nick, take my money.

I still don't understand why there are no Blu-Rays for any of Cartoon Network's shows on a random note.

Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Dec 07, 2012 03:52 am »

One of the extras could be a recording of the LOK Comicon session.
Wachowt
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Dec 08, 2012 06:05 pm »

Now I'm really worried ... what about Blu-Ray?

As you all know, The Legend of Korra is "coming soon" on DVD.

The trailer was attached with the "It's a Spongebob Christmas" DVD release. That title originally had a Blu-Ray/HD release date on the same day the DVD released but for unknown reasons, it was cancelled (read our frustration here).

I'm beginning to actually believe that Legend of Korra might not get a Blu-Ray release at all. I'm also beginning to think Nick has their way of belief that their Televised animated features are not worthy for a Blu-Ray/HD release, even if they are broadcasted in HD.

Perhaps they want to bundle it with two books so it's a more worthy Blu-Ray release? Either way, we should let Nick know that we want a Blu-Ray release. This is a quality show (both picture and sound) that deserves the best medium for a home video release.

I suggest people to let Nick know that we want a Blu-Ray release. You can do so by:

Commenting on their Facebook status (click here)

Tweet @NickelodeonDVD (click)

And please spread this on tumblr or elsewhere if you have to!

And if anyone cares, Blu-Ray.com's The Legend of Korra thread is here.

Double post merged. ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2012 10:01 pm by Icy_Ashford » Logged
plushu
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

157% PIANDAOIST

« Reply #40 on: Dec 08, 2012 07:15 pm »

For context, if you purchased the HD episodes, and are looking to purchase the DVDs, you'll go from this in HD, to this in SD. Both are shots from HD and SD episodes I have purchased from Amazon VOD.

« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2012 07:16 pm by plushu » Logged

ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Dec 08, 2012 07:23 pm »

For context, if you purchased the HD episodes, and are looking to purchase the DVDs, you'll go from this in HD, to this in SD. Both are shots from HD and SD episodes I have purchased from Amazon VOD.

Wow... the SD version is horrible. I hope it comes in HD.....please.....Sad

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #42 on: Dec 08, 2012 10:00 pm »

You can still talk about blu-rays in this thread, Wachowt. There is no need to create a separate thread about it. Threads merged.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Dec 08, 2012 10:41 pm »

The box art for the DVD/Blue-ray should mirror what a movie poster of that timeline would be. Maybe include a video and audio mode to watch LOK like it was from the 1920s.
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: Dec 09, 2012 01:45 am »

The box art for the DVD/Blue-ray should mirror what a movie poster of that timeline would be. Maybe include a video and audio mode to watch LOK like it was from the 1920s.

Silent film version or grainy early sound version? LOK would last forever if it was silent.....

ReturnableMemory
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Dec 09, 2012 11:03 pm »

That'd be cool, but I think it'll be similar to the finale promotion art:

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the artbox.

<3
King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #46 on: Dec 09, 2012 11:18 pm »

Bryan usually makes the art for the DVD covers right? Can't wait to see what he comes up with.

I wouldn't be surprised if that's the artbox.

I can't see it, but I know the one you're referring to. It would be a great choice, but I still hope he makes a brand new picture to use instead.
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Dec 09, 2012 11:47 pm »

Bryan usually makes the art for the DVD covers right? Can't wait to see what he comes up with.
I believe all those drawings he did throughout this year and posted on tumblr are for ensemble cover for season 1 box. Similarly how ATLA season 2 box cover was done:

(such a cool cover by the way)

So, Bryan drew Mako, Korra, Leitenant, Lin, Oman and so forth so that fits i guess. His latest drawing is Zuko though...

PM if you see a mistake
King Kazma
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

~~KSRF~~

« Reply #48 on: Dec 10, 2012 12:01 am »

I believe all those drawings he did throughout this year and posted on tumblr are for ensemble cover for season 1 box. Similarly how ATLA season 2 box cover was done:

I could live with that, it would be a fantastic cover. Grin

His latest drawing is Zuko though...

He also drew these two, but I doubt they're on the cover either. Cheesy
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Dec 10, 2012 12:29 am »

I could live with that, it would be a fantastic cover. Grin

His latest drawing is Zuko though...

He also drew these two, but I doubt they're on the cover either. Cheesy

That kid with the flying could work as the front cover, but with a child Korra. Lure the people in to cuteness and then have them crying. :Evil Laughter:

Great Plan.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: