Aug 16, 2017 11:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra Book Four Balance DVD & Blu-ray available for pre-order  (Read 134200 times)
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #225 on: Feb 21, 2015 09:52 pm »

It would be really nice if they have a whole Avatar Saga release, all episodes from AtLa and LoK. I wouldn't be able to buy it (thanks to my country) but it still would be epic as hell.

I would snag that up on Blu-ray ASAP if they made it. I don't think it will happen anytime soon though. Even a saga release on DVD seems unlikely.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
The Fan with No Name
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Couldn't think of a cool name

« Reply #226 on: Feb 23, 2015 12:11 am »

In terms of sales, I expect there to be a boost for the Book Balance set, if just because of the people who will buy it to support the representation, whatever their feelings about the rest of the show.

Myself, I've been meaning to get Book Spirits for the Beginnings episodes, and I genuinely wanted the Book Change set to rewatch the whole story, but I was disappointed enough in Book Balance that I'm not sure I just want to own the middle of the story, at this point. I think whether I end up owning any LoK discs is going to come down to whether an attractive full-series set is released.

I don't know about that in terms of sales going up all of people myself included are not going to but the DVD because of the Korrasami ending for religious reasons like Christians, Mormons etc and people who are unhappy for narrative reasons since Korrasami makes no sense and let's not forget the Hetreo Lense comments that made people angry.

It you look at the comments on Facebook YouTube, IGN half if not the majority of the comments are against the ending and many people are saying they are done with the show are these people going to buy the DVD. Most of the people who only care representation are not long term fans of the show and won't buy the DVDS simply because they will more on to their next cause and if Nick loses enough money Korrasami could be throw out remember Viacon owns Avatar not Bryke so they have the final say on the Franchise.

Lastly if you didn't like the ending boycotting is you way as a fan to voice you disapproval why reward bad narrative and being insulted if we can influence the future of this franchises why not
keep our money unless this mistake is corrected.

« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 12:16 am by The Fan with No Name » Logged

There are two types of fans here those who care about narrative and shippers
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #227 on: Feb 23, 2015 04:06 am »

It you look at the comments on Facebook YouTube, IGN half if not the majority of the comments

have always been against Legend of Korra, regardless of season or episode, this isn't a good argument, rather weak. Also, on Facebook, the amount of likes on Korrasami pictures is far, far greater than the amount of comments and half of those comments are people supporting the ending.

I realized I was being way too negative when I said the sales would go down. It won't.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 02:48 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #228 on: Feb 23, 2015 03:24 pm »

Lastly if you didn't like the ending boycotting is you way as a fan to voice you disapproval why reward bad narrative and being insulted if we can influence the future of this franchises why not keep our money unless this mistake is corrected.

Because I refuse to punish the makers of the show by trying to hurt dvd sales just because they made one misguided mistake.

As much as I hate the last two minutes, I love the rest of the series. I'd be out of my mind if I didn't buy the blu-ray just because of that.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 08:08 pm by Avatar Epsilon » Logged

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #229 on: Feb 23, 2015 07:51 pm »

I don't know about that in terms of sales going up all of people myself included are not going to but the DVD because of the Korrasami ending for religious reasons like Christians, Mormons etc and people who are unhappy for narrative reasons since Korrasami makes no sense and let's not forget the Hetreo Lense comments that made people angry.

Not all Christians boycott everything with gay people in it.

Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #230 on: Feb 24, 2015 10:14 am »

Let's not divert off into other topics in this thread. Let's keep it to discussion of the DVDs and Blu-Ray, etc.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #231 on: Feb 27, 2015 09:25 pm »

This person who runs a Korra blog was given the Book 4 Blu-Ray early for review purposes. They've posted some tidbits from the commentary on their Twitter page: https://twitter.com/legendofkorrawp

So far they've only watched the first episode, I think. The most interesting info is that we were originally supposed to meet Izumi's daughter, who would be Mako's love interest.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #232 on: Feb 27, 2015 09:55 pm »

^Wow. So the brothers were going to hook up with princesses (Opal is kind of like one since her mother founded the city). It's a shame that we will never see that sister unless they do comics.

There's also more I've seen in their twitter I like to add.

-Wu as studying at the University of RC and was a distant relative of the Queen that was way down on the chain of succession . Good to know that he was at least getting an education.

-The Metal Clan were originally going to be evil all along, leading them to be the villains for Book 4.

I'll add more if I see any.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #233 on: Feb 27, 2015 10:50 pm »

So I clicked on this tweet: https://twitter.com/LegendofKorraWp/status/571455172527984640

And here is a response he made to someone...

@lKingChris Wasn't that. They wanted to stay away from relationship building in Book 4 and focus more on friendship.

I really hope Bryke didn't say that in the commentary, because I didn't even see a good focus on friendship. Everyone was everywhere to focus on friendship.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2015 10:52 pm by mmoon24 » Logged
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #234 on: Feb 28, 2015 12:07 am »

^ Yeah, they were kind of scattered around too much to really focus on their friendship. I think the nature of Book 4 in general was more or less about Korra   learning to balance herself when confronted with someone like Kuvira. The progression of the story itself kind of didn't really allow for many friendship moments. Although I will I say I think this is just down to season length. Having a extra episode, say, when Bolin and Opal came back from rescuing her family and Korra was fresh off of confronting Zaheer would have been a nice breather episode, and could have offered a little screentime on Kuvira as well.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #235 on: Feb 28, 2015 12:16 am »

I like how this person tweeted pics of how amazing the episodes look on blu-ray...except this person took camera phone pics straight off the TV screen lol.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #236 on: Feb 28, 2015 12:27 am »

Focus more on friendship? I'm sorry but that didn't even really happen in season 4. I'm not saying Korra shouldn't have had her PTSD storyline, but they needed to have the group be together since it was the final season and they pretty much lost an episode. I'm also happy that they didn't bring in Izumi's daughter as Mako's love interest, that would've been overkill in my opinion. Mako was already with an heiress to a vast fortune as well as the Avatar. He didn't need another high profile girlfriend.
mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #237 on: Feb 28, 2015 12:37 am »

^ As I said, I'm not sure if that was the twitter user's OWN statement, or something he was mentioning regards to what Bryke said in the commentary. I seriously can't believe Bryke would say something like that, so I'm going with the former.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #238 on: Feb 28, 2015 12:48 am »

Moved and merged with the Book 4 DVD/blu-ray thread.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #239 on: Feb 28, 2015 12:53 am »

There is something a little odd about the wording in his tweet about Prince Wu being way down on the line of succession. To be far down the line that would mean there were others before him that were supposed to get the throne, so if he wasn't the immediate successor (as the queen presumably had no children) who else was supposed to get the throne? While the Metal clan didn't become evil, they definitely were apathetic and selfish in the end except for those who had initially went with Kuvira with good intentions. Seriously locking up their little utopia as the continent crumbled around them and people resorted to looting from those who didn't have much to spare. I had little to no sympathy for Su when she lost Zaofu.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #240 on: Feb 28, 2015 01:01 am »

^ They could have fled the Earth Kingdom, been captured by warlords, or just refused to become heir due to the danger involved. It definitely seemed like they were scraping the bottom of the barrel for heirs when they introduced Wu at the beginning of Book 4.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #241 on: Feb 28, 2015 01:04 am »

I still don't get the reasoning for how or why Su needed to save the entire country by herself - but none of the other kingdoms/countries/whatever were obligated to help. It's like expecting Rhode Island to support the entire North American continent because reasons... incredibly vague reasons.

Then again I do love me some zombie media, and the first rule of zombie media is that it's all about getting you and some close friends/allies/family in a secure location... and bump everyone else. So I might be coming at this from a different position.
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #242 on: Feb 28, 2015 01:13 am »

^ Zaofu would probably do very well against zombies Cheesy

I think the reasoning was pretty justified for why Su had to be the one. It's fairly evident that Zaofu is a powerful and technologically advanced state in the Earth Kingdom and is incredibly stable and influential due to being established and led by a noble family like the Beifongs.

I don't think they literally expected Su to save the entire country by herself. What they intended was for her to essentially lead Zaofu's forces in securing the Earth Kingdom and bringing back stability, which as shown with Kuvira's forces was exactly what was needed.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #243 on: Feb 28, 2015 01:50 am »

The thing is that Su didn't think of what could happen in the long term. If it wasn't Kuvira, it would've just been some other warlord trying to take Zaofu or several desperate people who have lost much since the Earth Kingdom had fallen and no central government to handle anything. Her city was wealthy and far more technologically advanced than any other city shown so far, plus her security forces were said to be some of the best metalbenders in the world. She may not have been obligated, but she could've done something. I can only imagine how snarky President Raiko would be towards Su when she requested some troops to help defend Zaofu.
Ewing46
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #244 on: Mar 10, 2015 04:38 pm »

Just got my copy of Book 4 Balance Blu-ray in the mail from Best-Buy. Did anyone know that this set was including a mini-poster? Just curious if this was a known bonus or a surprise for fans.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #245 on: Mar 10, 2015 06:07 pm »

Just got my copy of Book 4 Balance Blu-ray in the mail from Best-Buy. Did anyone know that this set was including a mini-poster? Just curious if this was a known bonus or a surprise for fans.

That was a pleasant surprise to me as well. I didn't here about it beforehand either. I think it's just a cool bonus.

Thanks Bryke!

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

...and to another ten!

« Reply #246 on: Mar 11, 2015 03:01 pm »

*sniff*

...it's beautiful. Cry Tongue

I'm seriously still amazed that Nickelodeon even released Korra on Blu-ray, let alone all four books. It allows me to hold onto a shred of hope that ATLA will eventually get the same treatment. Smiley

Also, here's the poster that comes with Book Four, for anyone curious:

« Last Edit: Mar 11, 2015 03:06 pm by Ooze33 » Logged

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks,
and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #247 on: Mar 11, 2015 05:36 pm »

I didn't notice it before now, but I think it's entirely appropriate that the Krew only appears on the first book's cover. Cheesy

Esperaholon
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #248 on: Mar 12, 2015 08:29 am »

I didn't notice it before now, but I think it's entirely appropriate that the Krew only appears on the first book's cover. Cheesy

They're like ugly singers with amazing voices (except Asami who is gorgeous but talent-less) best for back-up. And on that cover they are all the way in the back... It's weird tho' because Korra honestly got less focus in a lot of ways as the series progressed... Oh well.
Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #249 on: Mar 15, 2015 06:42 pm »

I'm seriously still amazed that Nickelodeon even released Korra on Blu-ray, let alone all four books. It allows me to hold onto a shred of hope that ATLA will eventually get the same treatment. Smiley

Korra was created to be displayed at 1080p with a 16:9 aspect ratio.  Making a Blu-ray transfer probably took less effort than the DVD one.

A:tLA, on the other hand, was created for 480i with a 4:3 aspect ratio.  There simply isn't enough information to allow for an HD transfer -- a Blu-ray version would offer nothing more than the ability to put more episodes on a disc (and, I suppose, less of the artifacts that exist on the current DVD transfer, if they went back and made the transfer from the original tapes).

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: