Dec 11, 2019 07:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra Book Four Balance DVD & Blu-ray available for pre-order  (Read 169044 times)
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #200 on: Jan 08, 2015 08:29 pm »

I like how they spoil the end of the season on the cover Cheesy

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #201 on: Jan 08, 2015 09:58 pm »

Actually, it's rather clever that way. If you're already spoiled, you know what you're looking at, but if you're not, then it looks like it could just be a little highlight on Korra to make her stand out.

Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #202 on: Jan 08, 2015 10:27 pm »

Actually, it's rather clever that way. If you're already spoiled, you know what you're looking at, but if you're not, then it looks like it could just be a little highlight on Korra to make her stand out.

Yea, for someone who hasnt seen book 4 yet, i highly doubt that this cover will spoil anything for them

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #203 on: Jan 09, 2015 12:34 am »

a page has made public the extras in the blu-ray: audio commentaries, the puppetbender part 2 and the New York comic con
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #204 on: Jan 09, 2015 04:28 am »

Hmm... Korra still has that purple shading from the original NYCC comic con poster with Kuvira on it and they were engulfed with lots of purple illumination.

Are they purposely making it look like Korra has the spirit portal behind her but she's facing some purple spirit vine thingy off screen?

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #205 on: Jan 10, 2015 02:58 am »

I don't know...I think anybody who has seen book 2 would know that that is a spirit portal.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #206 on: Jan 15, 2015 06:45 am »

I like how they spoil the end of the season on the cover Cheesy
ATLA Book 3 DVD cover did that as well and much more overtly at that.

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #207 on: Jan 16, 2015 03:24 am »

It did?

azekeprofit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A picture is worth a thousand words

« Reply #208 on: Jan 16, 2015 04:57 am »

Not DVD case for entire Book 3 but one of the volumes:

How Avatar is titled throughout the world:

PM if you see a mistake
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #209 on: Jan 16, 2015 06:37 am »

It doesn't feature Aang taking away Ozai's bending though. Bending all four elements isn't really spoilery.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #210 on: Jan 16, 2015 03:50 pm »

Yeah, I'm not sure if I'd call that a spoiler. Everyone expected Aang to get the Avatar State back. It's not really on the same level as a spirit portal in the middle of a destroyed RC.

mmoon24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #211 on: Jan 18, 2015 06:01 pm »

Not sure how I feel about it. Seems like...well it literally is Korra cropped in front of a scene from the final episode lol.
Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

King of Heroes, Gilgamesh

« Reply #212 on: Feb 14, 2015 06:47 am »

Since everyone hates Legend of Korra now and there is a general consensus that it's a s**t show, I wonder how this is going to affect the sales of Book 4 BD. I would love to buy it but everything became expensive after the currency in my country fell and now I have to pay double during importing and double shipping price. I have Book 1 and 2 but it's impossible for me to buy 3 and 4. Nice country I live in Smiley

The cover looks really nice. I'm looking forward to the commentaries and more Bryke hatred once they talk about Korrasami.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #213 on: Feb 14, 2015 07:23 am »

I don't know where you got the ludicrous idea that TLOK is the most "hated" show based on... how people feel on tumblr? On ASN? How people reacted when you said you liked Korra?

It was the most reblogged animated series on tumblr last year and lots of people on social media knew about long before the endgame of Book 4. I've gotten 2 followers out of my small pool of 185 on my blog interested in the show based on the tons of GIFs I've been reblogging and they know about it not because of Korrasami.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #214 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:15 am »

I came to that conclusion by judging how people react in various social sites (facebook, tumblr, ASN, twitter, Animesuki forums, reddit and others), also foreign sites like Georgian and Russian and it's not pretty. Especially Russian sites.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015 08:18 am by Furudo Erika » Logged
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #215 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:25 am »

If they dislike Korra as a whole because of a certain ship at the end, I would doubt their opinion if they're not discussing about the other plots on the show which took more precedence than a few minutes of supposed romantic bonding.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #216 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:28 am »

Yeah, it's mostly about the end ship. Russia, Georgia, both countries are openly homophobic and violent, a single ship like Korrasami can make them turn away from the show. People who hate LGBT community are larger in numbers than those who support it. It was to be expected that LoK would get this kind of treatment.

*Disclaimer (that I forgot to write), I do not mean that everyone who hates the ending is against LGBT community and I certainly do not accuse them of homophobia. I'm not speaking about constructive non-hostile criticism of the ending.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015 04:26 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #217 on: Feb 14, 2015 04:34 pm »

Most people don't hate LoK. The series has it's problems and Korrasami probably did more harm then good (even before the ship became canon, the relationship was still a blight on the last two Books just like the love triangle was a blight on the first two books), but most seem to agree that at the very least, it's a good series. You have to remember that the internet tends to skew towards negativity.

The Book 4 blu-ray will probably do as well as all the others. I'm looking forwards to it. The only thing I'm less excited about is the commentaries. I usually love the commentaries but I'm kind of worried that Bryke is going to spend to much time gushing about Korrasami or something. I really don't want to here about it.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #218 on: Feb 14, 2015 05:25 pm »

You don't have to hear about it, you don't have to force yourself but then again curiosity makes us do stuff sometimes. (Like me, still reading poisonous comments about LoK and getting myself down, I really should listen to my own advices...)

The commentaries were being recorded when Book 4 was airing so they would have no idea how the fandom would react, plus I never found anything offensive in Bryke's blogs in the first place so I doubt they're going to say anything bad but I know my fandom, every word they say can be twisted into something offensive if someone wants it to.

(even before the ship became canon, the relationship was still a blight on the last two Books just like the love triangle was a blight on the first two books)

Depends who you ask but I guess the general consensus is that it sucked, I liked their friendship personally, I have no problems with the ship either. I just wanted something else from the finale, not shipping.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015 05:40 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #219 on: Feb 14, 2015 05:42 pm »

^I mean, I like listening to the commentaries though. So if they just happen to start talking about Korrasami in the middle of one then I'm kinda stuck with it. It's a minor issue but it's enough to where I'm not looking forwards to the commentary like I usually do.

And the hetero-lenses comment Bryke made wasn't offensive...it was just funny.

(Like me, still reading poisonous comments about LoK and getting myself down, I really should listen to my own advices...)

You shouldn't let others opinions affect you so much. Just cause someone else thinks something sucks doesn't mean you need to. Smiley

« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015 05:45 pm by Avatar Epsilon » Logged

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #220 on: Feb 14, 2015 05:48 pm »

They are going to talk about it, no doubt.

And the hetero-lenses comment Bryke made wasn't offensive...it was just funny.

I thought it was fairly logical and on-point about heteronormativity. It's just that Bryan somehow forgot to talk about those who dislike the ending even with all the evidence that they wanted the fans to see. I don't consider Bryan a good speaker in public, he has always made snarky comments, even during the Atla days. He's just a human and it's certainly fair for him to be a bit salty when he dedicated all his heart into making this show. He just can't hide it sometimes and I don't blame him for that, neither do I dislike him for it.

You shouldn't let others opinions affect you so much. Just cause someone else thinks something sucks doesn't mean you need to.

Yeah, I'm working on it Cheesy I don't have the same drive I used to, going into arguments about LoK, addressing every criticism people made with what I thought were logical counter-arguments but now, I'm just here to discuss and if things start to head to arguing, I leave.
« Last Edit: Feb 14, 2015 05:53 pm by Furudo Erika » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #221 on: Feb 14, 2015 08:14 pm »

I thought it was fairly logical and on-point about heteronormativity.

While that is normally true, the problem with it here is that the statement implies that I should be able to go back through the series and see the romantic development for Korrasami. While I haven't rewatched LoK yet (I'm finishing up my ATLA rewatch), I have gone back and watched all the big Korrasami scenes...and I still don't see it. The biggest and only real romantic indicator is when they meet again in 407 and Korra does that whole blushing thing. Even that though is a stretch to say that that is romantic and even if it is romantic, one small moment is hardly enough to develop a romance.

So I don't know. I thought the hetero-lenses comment was just odd for a number of reasons. Because the comment implies that the romance development is there but people just didn't see it because they weren't looking for it. The development is just not present in the series though outside of that one scene (and maybe Asami holding Korra's hand in 313 if you wanted to be really generous.

I won't go into any more detail since you probably don't want to discuss it but I just thought I'd explain my issue with it. I don't find it offensive though and I definitely don't dislike Bryan because of it. It was an honest mistake.

The only thing I'm confused about is why they made a post to confirm Korrasami to begin with. Why not just let people see the show as how the show presented itself to them?

I'm just here to discuss and if things start to head to arguing, I leave.

Oh, but the arguing is where all the fun is at. Grin

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #222 on: Feb 14, 2015 09:40 pm »

Ger back on topic and continue the discussion in the relevant threads.

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #223 on: Feb 15, 2015 03:41 pm »

In terms of sales, I expect there to be a boost for the Book Balance set, if just because of the people who will buy it to support the representation, whatever their feelings about the rest of the show.

Myself, I've been meaning to get Book Spirits for the Beginnings episodes, and I genuinely wanted the Book Change set to rewatch the whole story, but I was disappointed enough in Book Balance that I'm not sure I just want to own the middle of the story, at this point. I think whether I end up owning any LoK discs is going to come down to whether an attractive full-series set is released.

Furudo Erika
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #224 on: Feb 15, 2015 03:56 pm »

It would be really nice if they have a whole Avatar Saga release, all episodes from AtLa and LoK. I wouldn't be able to buy it (thanks to my country) but it still would be epic as hell.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: