Oct 17, 2017 10:11 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Legend of Korra Book Four Balance DVD & Blu-ray available for pre-order  (Read 138380 times)
Free_Spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Nov 26, 2012 07:05 pm »

This will be a catch all thread for all four book's DVDs and Blu-rays. Thread title will be edited for each book. ~ Icy

OK. I admit it: I panicked earlier this year thinking that there weren't going to be any Korra DVD's. BUT, look at what I found on YouTube this weekend! Cheesy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZ-a9GhC1b8

It's from a SpongeBob DVD, and someone uploaded it recently. (I never thought that there would be anything good on a SB DVD, but...... Tongue )

NOW. We just need the release date. I tweeted Nickelodeon this weekend (I'm @Avatar_Rei on Twitter), and they don't know---yet. They're going to look into it for me. Wink

Latest news:

IGN has released details about The Legend of Korra DVD & Blu-ray which is going to be out on 16th 9th July 2013. The DVD and Blu-ray cover arts are displayed below.

Book Two's DVD and Blu-ray are now available for pre-order on Amazon.

Book 3: Change will have a DVD & Blu-ray release in December 2014.

Book 4: Balance will have a DVD and blu-ray that is set to be released on March 10, 2015. You can pre-order the DVD and blu-ray on Amazon now too.
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2014 09:55 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Digimon Emperor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2012 09:00 pm »

It's also on TVShowsonDVD.com

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Legend-Korra-DVDs-Planned/17788

Ikkin
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2012 09:20 pm »

I really hope they have Blu-rays too.  The Legend of Korra is gorgeous, and it deserves better than standard definition quality.  =/

Korra Ramblings on Tumblr

Child of the Elements - A look at Korra's childhood with the Order of the White Lotus. (Complete)
Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2012 09:52 pm »

There's that word again... "soon".

Soon as in this month? This year? This decade? This century?

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
ReturnableMemory
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: Nov 26, 2012 10:01 pm »

I'm predicting a winter/spring release. Possibly close to the second season so it's fresh in the minds of many. I'd be more interested in the Special Features, if there are any. If this becomes a vanilla edition (episodes only, nothing else), I'm skipping on it.

<3
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2012 10:34 pm »

I'm hoping this will be out in time for the holidays, but with it being less then a month away and that wonderful word "soon," I'm not holding my breath about it. Still, the fact that they're releasing LOK on DVD before next season is a very happy surprise. Smiley    
« Last Edit: Nov 27, 2012 12:32 am by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2012 10:55 pm »

Wait, I thought this was just another troll on tumblr, but it's real? *immense squees*

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Jerrellace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2012 08:31 pm »

I wish they would actually give us a time frame when these will be released instead of just saying "Coming Soon". But I'm assuming around Spring of next year or summer at the latest. Hopefully a HD version will be released along with loads of special features with it. It would really be a shame if these didn't come out on blu-ray
UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #8 on: Nov 28, 2012 01:38 am »

you guys think they will have a boxed set for books one and two since they are one season?

and in that same vein, will they do something obnoxious and release book one in into two different episode sets? a la every season of atla (except those were 4-5)?

munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #9 on: Nov 28, 2012 07:54 am »

My guess is next year.

Fire Rose
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Nov 28, 2012 09:08 am »

you guys think they will have a boxed set for books one and two since they are one season?

and in that same vein, will they do something obnoxious and release book one in into two different episode sets? a la every season of atla (except those were 4-5)?

I think they're going to do the "season 1 part 1" gimmick. And then in a year or two they'll probably release book 1 as a whole.
MrBaconsock
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Nov 28, 2012 10:10 am »

^That would be so cheap.

Book 1 of Korra is already technically half a season.
rcox1995
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Heir of Blood

rcox895@yahoo.com
« Reply #12 on: Nov 28, 2012 11:20 am »

Whenever "soon" is, I'll buy it instantly. I loved the series, I need to own it on DVD. Tongue

Keeper of Toph's sarcasm.

And...rcox1995 is our biggest gamer! Your prize is...You get to put that in your sig!
Free_Spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 28, 2012 06:31 pm »

My fellow Eva fan, there is going to be 3 more Books to Korra. Book 2 will be called Spirits and will have 14 episodes. Books 3 & 4 will have 13 each. Cheesy
liesse00
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Nov 28, 2012 07:38 pm »

Available for preorder on Amazon for $14. They have a bluray page for it but we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

Shush! Chatty Monkey.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #15 on: Nov 28, 2012 08:31 pm »

I'm over here screeching. Who knew that the poster they gave out from SDCC last year was going to be the DVD cover?

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #16 on: Nov 29, 2012 02:55 am »

I'm over here screeching. Who knew that the poster they gave out from SDCC last year was going to be the DVD cover?

u sure thats not just a placeholder?

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #17 on: Nov 29, 2012 08:55 am »

I only wish for behind the scenes interviews with the VAs, the creators, and the Korean animators. Oh and lots of pencil art is a bonus too.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Nov 29, 2012 09:16 am »

^That would be so cheap.

Book 1 of Korra is already technically half a season.
Not really, since the books are self-contained arcs. It was Nickelodeon that decided that a block of 26 episodes constitutes a full season, many networks its between 12 and 22. So each book itself is pretty much a standard season on cable networks.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2012 02:09 pm »

Would it be too much to hope for a creators' commentary? The ATLA DVD's always came with one.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2012 02:32 pm »

^ Come on... Master Katara teaches us: never too much hope. Never.

Soon as in this month? This year? This decade? This century?

This Age? This Epoch? This Era? Oh, I know!

I trust it will come out before the next Eon. I can feel it!
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2012 03:11 pm by nukilik » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2012 02:36 pm »

Oh wait, isn't the Apocalypse suppose to start in a couple weeks? ...Eh, we can always post-pone it until we get our Korra DVD. Cool   

Sig by Guitarfreak.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #22 on: Nov 29, 2012 02:40 pm »

I believe next month's scheduled Apocalypse has long been postponed until all Korra books are done airing :3

Also for ponies. Can't keep the ponies waiting while we're out there facing our doom, can we?
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2012 02:55 pm by nukilik » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #23 on: Nov 29, 2012 02:57 pm »

The end of the world as we know it can wait until after we get our Korra and Ponies, right? ^_^

Bronies and Avatards will see to it that the Apocalypse is prevented in the name of our fandoms.

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Free_Spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Nov 29, 2012 05:15 pm »

Available for preorder on Amazon for $14. They have a bluray page for it but we'll just have to wait and see if anything comes of it.

Too bad that there's still no release date for it yet. Sad
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: