Oct 17, 2017 06:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOK Abriged Thread  (Read 9033 times)
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #50 on: Jul 03, 2015 01:47 am »

I feel dumb because I didn't get that part
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #51 on: Jul 03, 2015 05:30 am »

I feel dumb because I didn't get that part

He burned a dozen parkingtickets and said '**** the popo' when he's about to become a cop withinin 3 episodes.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight

« Reply #52 on: Jul 14, 2015 01:05 pm »

Okay, that last bit with Dante Basco's voice had me on the floor. Cheesy

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #53 on: Jul 28, 2015 07:23 am »

Oh boy I'm very dumb lol that flew right by my head S.W.  Grin
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

That Could Have Been Executed Better

« Reply #54 on: Sep 12, 2015 07:05 pm »

https://vimeo.com/139089109

Season 1 Finale is up(Ep 11/12). Have not had a chance to watch it myself just yet - will edit in reaction/highlights.
(DON'T READ THIS UNTIL YOU'VE WATCHED - "SPOILERS")
In order:
That was one of their best episode openings EVER.

Asami:"I thought we wanted to test our weirdly advanced telescopes" I can't wait until Season 4's Kuvira mechasuit commentary.
Mako: "Eeeeh, Bolin, that's not what I meant by gravy"
Korra: "I'm going to take down Amon myself" - everyone else laughs at Korra with creep faces
YESSS Finale reference around 3:25
Korra: "Whoa, why is there a jail cell in the Air Temple Island attic? What is Tenzin doing while I'm gone?!?"
Tarrlok: "And because you never let me finish my tragic backstory, here we go!" Korra: "UGGGH"
Every single thing Tarrlok says in the flashback, particularly, "especially their love lives, for some reason"
OMG the Tarrlok wolves "We <3 Tarrlok"
Heckler:"Well how do we know we can believe you?" (*tazed*)"OW!" Amon:"God damn it, who keeps letting this guy into our rallies?"
Korra:"What's this logo doing here?"
Mako: "Remember the violence, Korra! THE VIOLENCE!"
(Obligatory OMG HE'S HOT reference)
Tenzin:"Son, NOBODY is ever in the mood for your funky fresh beats." Mako whimpers
OH MY F***ING GOD THE BRYKE HEADS WITH AANG INSTEAD OF HER PAST LIVES
Katara cut out joke = ehhh.
Liked the bloodbending brothers photos

Some parts of it could have been more intelligible, particularly the "Iroh" and hobo parts. Overall, 9/10. Props to them for actually having "Avatar State" voice when the original didn't.
« Last Edit: Sep 12, 2015 07:54 pm by Freedom153 » Logged

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Book 5:Humanity, aka: Freedom's First Writ
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #55 on: Sep 12, 2015 07:46 pm »

Violence!

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #56 on: Sep 12, 2015 08:19 pm »

Here I come, here I come, here I come!

Tarrlok: "And because you never let me finish my tragic backstory, here we go!" Korra: "UGGGH"
Every single thing Tarrlok says in the flashback, particularly, "especially their love lives, for some reason"
OMG the Tarrlok wolves "We <3 Tarrlok"

I loved that part Cheesy. I'm gonna miss PVB!Tarrlok. He had the funniest voice, and even the thought of a grown man having a Cool Kids Club never fails to make me giggle. At least he and Amon got a happy ending in this version. "We're okay!" Oh, and they actually managed to make Makorra tolerable, and that's because it's intentionally dumb here. I can't wait to see what PVB does with Book 2. I have a feeling Mako's infamous "blood-sucking leech" line is gonna be an "Actual Canon Dialogue" moment.

Merchandising! Merchandising! Get your Project Voicebend t-shirts here!

ETA: Postcards from Tarrlok and Noatak.
« Last Edit: Sep 13, 2015 02:42 pm by Borra the Explorer » Logged

Keeper of Wan's teapot and the Zhu Li (the battleship, not Varrick's wife).

Click here for my tumblr, and here for M'Lil's new hit single!
Lightningbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #57 on: Sep 24, 2015 10:31 pm »

I gotta admit, Korra's voice during the Avatar State was the funniest thing in that finale to me. I love it.

Legend of Korra, Nickelodeon's redheaded step-child.
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: Sep 28, 2015 07:03 pm »

Let's be real - PVB has pretty good production values! Especially for non-professionals on a shoestring budget!

This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #59 on: Sep 29, 2015 09:48 pm »

I've only seen the last ep of PVB and why didn't I see the rest sooner? Gonna start binge watching soon.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #60 on: Sep 29, 2015 10:17 pm »

You'll probably need to watch some episodes at least twice to understand what they're saying if it doesn't have subtitles as an option. The scripts are not 100% accurate - sometimes they don't have what was said for things that are listed simply as "funny mumblings by Mako here", or things are included in the scripts that never made the final version, or the opposite "improv".

Additional datapoints acquired. Additional animated stories viewed. Directive: adjust opinion... adjusting...
First eyes, a treasure. New eyes, end with a pretentious blink, own vision eclipses.
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #61 on: Oct 03, 2015 11:55 pm »

Let's be real - PVB has pretty good production values! Especially for non-professionals on a shoestring budget!

Yeah! They obviously put a lot of effort into changing the facial expressions/ adding new animation. And I'm glad they've opted to have several people do the voices (there'll be some new ones next season), because some abridged series kind of fall flat because it's just one or two people trying to do all the voices, without much of a knack for doing different voices.

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #62 on: Oct 05, 2015 08:30 pm »

I remember a while back on tumblr they were holding auditions, and they have started writing on book 2.

For the sheer amount of work they do on this, they are moving pretty fast.

Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #63 on: Oct 06, 2015 11:17 pm »

Okay, I lost it at Korra saying, "Mako, for the last time, I am not in the mood for your funky fresh beats!"

Then Tenzin just had to compound it. "Son, no one is ever in the mood for your funky fresh beats." Cheesy

Also, sooooo loving Asami in this.

"I've... been in love with Korra this entire time."
"Wait, what?"
"And you'd better BELIEVE we're gonna hook up! In... in the Spirit World... and stuff."

Wink Nice, PVB.

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #64 on: Oct 07, 2015 03:29 am »

I wonder how they'll handle her scenes with Mako in Book 2  Cheesy

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #65 on: Oct 07, 2015 01:44 pm »

Maybe Asami's doing some really good drugs. They've already used fumes making her hallucinate Mako is Korra and give Mako a kiss once.

Or even better, replace all of it with the chibi stuff they used for Tarrlok's new "explanation" of what happened to him and Korra in S1.  Cheesy

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #66 on: Oct 09, 2015 09:56 pm »

I'm kinda hoping that they make Kuvira a video game nerd so she can spout lines relating to the difficulty of the Water Temple from 'Ocarina of Time' in Book 4.
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #67 on: Dec 23, 2015 06:53 pm »

M'Lil's Christmas Jamz: a gift the whole family can enjoy!

Freedom153
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #68 on: Mar 02, 2016 10:16 pm »

http://projectvoicebend.tumblr.com/post/140343358090/project-voicebend-episode-13-smells-like-rebel

Reactions and excerpts:

Tenzin: "PUMPKIN EATER? The Avatar State is DANGEROUS. You can't use it for fun and games, and destroying my house."
Pema, barefoot in a wrecked home, holding "Rohan" and other vegetables(all Hayley tryhard animated/drawn): "WHY?" *boom*

Tenzin: "I have something totally hip planned for us - a STUDY TRIP!"
Ikki+Meelo, Hayley drawn faces: *HORRIFIED GASP*
Jinora: *excited gasp*

(what is that music in the background from?)

lol wtf, Bumi's black(sounding)

Mako: "So, anyways, I've been workin' on my dank new R&B album, gurl! Featurin' baby-makin' jams like 'Whoop, There She Is!' and, uh, 'Korra - 'till the Break of Dawn'."
Korra: "Oh my God."

Korra: "UGGH! You're so lucky you're hot."
*Mako breaks into song...*

Senna: "I AM ALSO HERE."
^^^ that one made me laugh hard, seriously - why wasn't Senna of more use.

Dafuq, scooters? Must be a joke at Pierrot's expense.

I like Unalaq's voice.

*crowd noises as Korra fantasizes*
Korra thought as person 1: "Wow, Korra, you punched a spirit in the face! You're soooo cool!"
Korra thought as herself: "Yeah - I know it."

LMAO;
Tonraq: "Cut it out, brother. Korra can think for herself - and KORRASAYSNO."
Korra: "Oh, come ON!"

Asami:*Hayley animated flashback of her being a creeper* "I was on the boat here with you guys and everythi-"  LMAO

Varrick's Korra shrine and Asami nosebleed ROFLMAO, same for Bolin "Loud and obnoxious" echo

The The Last Airbender movie footage was unexpected, yet... not entirely surprising either. And I think based on his shifting voice Varrick must have multiple personalities or something.

Somehow the Iroh music sting makes Unalaq even creepier.

Aww, Eska and Desna aren't geese with subtitles! An early excerpt had "Eska: HONKING NOISES".

Katara, holding Rohan: "Who LEFT me in CHARGE of this THIIING." If that were canon, it would explain so much...

Gay Desna. Huh. And why am I reminded a little of Rex and Weevil from YGOTAS? Maybe it's the rasp.

Bolin: "I'm being NOTICED!" Especially funny, given how little attention I gave him until recently.

Loved the airbison plushie shove, makes a lot more sense if Korra's not in love, more just tolerating Mako.

I could barely understand much of what the spirit said.

Unalaq: "Studying? HAH! Only I can give her the knowledge she needs to fulfill my diabolical plan. *cough* Ahem - her destiny."

Totally didn't expect the orphan shun. No wonder this took so long.

ROFL at Asami running in from off screen; Asami: "Wait, guys, did I miss something?" And then she falls flat - literally.

Katara: "I think you forgot something!" *see Kya and Bumi next to her* "Seriously, please take them with you."
Tenzin: "Mom, are you just trying to get us out of the house?"
Katara: "Whaaaat? Nooo - *stutter* noo.
*after the siblings leave*
Katara: "They're gone!" *ferris wheel begins to spin, sending her flying* "Cowabungaaa!"

ROFL at Unalaq's look after his final evil laugh. He looks like The Grinch finding Santa dead or something.

Okay, that last bit with Eska and Desna, they definitely remind me of YGOTAS Rex and Weevil, but in a good way.

Overall, I definitely enjoyed it, but I wish the volume was higher. I was having a hard time making everything out, and it just seemed abnormally low volume.

PS, total aside, why do people like tumblr exactly? I tried to cross post this there, just as a test, and it kept freezing up on me, over and over, at the point of hitting post, after wanting to fix something by deleting the original post and re-posting. And it has a really bad UI layout/design - don't try and reinvent the wheel.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2016 10:57 pm by Freedom153 » Logged

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #69 on: Mar 02, 2016 11:51 pm »

I am in awe of what they are doing.  It is at a whole other level.  Cheesy

(As far as Tumblr, I followed my favorite artists over from DeviantArt.  It's not the best.)

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #70 on: Mar 03, 2016 12:27 am »

Korra: Unalaq seems like a cool guy.

Unalaq: *LAUGHS MANIACALLY*

Korra: Heh, sweet.

Really wasn't expecting that noise to come out of Eska and Desna's mouths. They're gonna be fun. Grin

I can't wait for the rest! This is already much better than the real season two.

(STUDIO PIERROT WUZ HEER)

Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #71 on: Aug 24, 2016 06:11 pm »

I assume enough time has passed since my last post for doubleposting to be okay. If it isn't, you know what to do, mods.

Episode 14 - "The Field Trip"

Poor Asami, she keeps getting left behind. Cry

I have to remember to watch this in closed captioning from now on, I can't understand a word Eska and Desna say otherwise. And please keep insulting Studio Pierrot's animation and Mako's crop top, PVB crew, it's very cathartic for me.

[dispassionate yelling]

luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #72 on: Aug 24, 2016 07:33 pm »

I love project voicebend, I hope they can keep this going, I would love to see their take on season 3.
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #73 on: Aug 25, 2016 10:21 pm »

LMAO!! "Pound-town."

I am dead. So dead.  Cheesy

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Raimundo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #74 on: Aug 26, 2016 07:23 pm »

OMG! Project Voicebend is amazing! It's my second favorite abridged series after DBZ Abridged.

Oddly enough, I like the Asami and Mako from this series a little more than the actual characters. I'm such a terrible person Cheesy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: