Dec 16, 2017 02:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LOK Abriged Thread  (Read 9320 times)
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm a brand new sky to hang the stars upon tonight

« Reply #25 on: Nov 23, 2014 03:33 pm »

Oh, man, Borra. These abridged episodes are hilarious!

As a Korrasami shipper, I endorse Asami's obsession with Korra. Very well-played, especially when Korra accuses her dad of being an Equalist. "What? I don't believe this! Your butt still looks great today, but god****!"

"Avatar Korra has arrived." *lights dim and disco ball drops* I lost it at that! Cheesy Also, Beethoven's "Ode to Joy" playing when Korra finds out Asami has an indoor bathroom!

Furthermore, as someone who's found Mako to be a fairly boring character since Season 1, a depiction fully embracing his douchiness with a wannabe-rapper persona is. So. Freaking. Awesome!

Sig by Sedai ^_^
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #26 on: Nov 23, 2014 03:41 pm »

We have a pool, and a bed, and a hot tub, and a bed, and handcuffs, and a bed... and a bed Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 23, 2014 05:05 pm »

I wish these guy's who worked on the show would make an actual Abridged series themselves with Verrick and Bolin telling it, that third segment of the last episode was classic XD

Even if just 13 episodes, see this type of show would be perfect for that type of episode number. It's just making fun of the show.

This is pretty good too though but still.

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #28 on: Feb 21, 2015 01:47 am »

After a long delay, it finally arrived...

Episode 8 - "When Poop Gets Extreme"

In which Tarrlok is still trying to get Korra to join his Cool Kids Club--I mean task force.

The series also has its' own TV Tropes page. Hooray!

Keeper of Wan's teapot and the Zhu Li (the battleship, not Varrick's wife).

Click here for my tumblr, and here for M'Lil's new hit single!
KiSwordsman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Feb 21, 2015 02:14 am »

I just got into this a couple months ago. Didn't know there was a thread for it, neat. Completely committed myself with the Tenzin and Pema scene. "Oh Pamela" completely and utterly emphasizing how unimportant and forgettable she is. My response of course was, "yes, yes to all of this."
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Feb 21, 2015 05:04 am »

After a long delay, it finally arrived...

Episode 8 - "When Poop Gets Extreme"

In which Tarrlok is still trying to get Korra to join his Cool Kids Club--I mean task force.

The series also has its' own TV Tropes page. Hooray!

Nice. Grin Tarrlok singing Echosmith's "Cool Kids" had me rolling on the floor.

But wait, Asami changed clothes mid-scene?

*looks*

Shocked

Seriously, how did none of the animators on the show notice that??

Sig by Sedai ^_^
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Feb 21, 2015 05:16 am »

^ fashionbender, dude. Why do you think she never sided with Hiroshi against benders?

She was one of them.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #32 on: Feb 21, 2015 02:35 pm »

Well, apparently it's been two years and Gan Xingba hasn't made any new Avatar videos (I just discovered this thread existed yesterday). Luckily for us, a group called Project Voicebend has joined forces to create a crazy hilarious LOK Abridged series of their own! Hopefully it will help fill the void until Book 4 comes out. I actually posted the first episode in the "favorite ATLA & TLoK fan-made videos" thread a while back, but it was taken down from Youtube. It's still on their back-up channel, though. There's a lot of adult language/humor in this series...you've been warned:

Episode 1 - "Welcome to the Plot"

Episode 2 - "That Leaf Joke"

Episode 3 - "The Mind-Bending Fun Hour"

Episode 4 - "The Whoopee in the Night"

Episode 5 - "The Spirit of Love Triangles"
Man, I just saw the video for Episode 8 - the guy wasn't even kidding, the animators really drew Asami with her alternating between her civvie clothes and her "wanna-be-bamf" clothes!  How do you mess that up?! ROFL

Also, I am so LOOOOVING the one-sided Korrasami in this!  Plus, the nitro on the car officially has me adding "speed demon" to Asami's coulda'-been characteristics. Seriously, I'm imagining her just blazing down the street post-Season 1 in an unquenchable fit of rage, causing massive pile-ups all over the city.  Cheesy

I swear, whoever the guy/girl/pomegranate is deserves an award!  Not only did he manage to make the Korra/Asami/Ikki exchange even funnier than it already is, but he/she/they/blackjack succeeded in making Bolin tolerable, which is especially baffling because I usually can't stand "retarded"/stupid characters (Ed from Ed, Edd,& Eddy is an exception.  He's stupid-tarded, but charmingly so. lol)

And that boob-jiggle gag that's been building up throughout the series so far...godDAMNIT!  I normally roll my eyes at those sort of gags but...Equations...black-rapper-stereotype-voice...seriously, am I racist for finding all those components combining to create a joke that's made me laugh the hardest I've laughed in about two months?!

The only thing I can...not really criticize, but...Hmm...preferences?  Asami being as snobby as she was in this was...stereotypical?  I suppose showing some sort of home-away-blues would've been nice, but the...I'm gonna just stop; I'm not really familiar with the mechanics of parodies...

Best abridged series ever!  For LoK. lol
« Last Edit: Feb 21, 2015 02:52 pm by The_Xov » Logged

iKeep: The Airbending Wipeout Obstacle Course from Original Airbenders!
That bastard formerly known as mike50333
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #33 on: Feb 21, 2015 04:51 pm »

I know two of the people on tumblr.  Equalistmako and Sherbies.  They're pretty active in reblogging stuff in the fandom.  I think EM more than Sherbies.  But both are involved, and I think two other guys round out the cast.  But the ones I said are the driving force.

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Mar 06, 2015 06:02 pm »

I have to force myself not to quote them... well, anywhere now really.
Nonbending J
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Apr 01, 2015 01:23 pm »

I wish I could get involved with it. I've got a couple of voices that I believe would mix things up for the male characters.
Blue Warpath
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Evil is love. Evil is life.

« Reply #36 on: Apr 19, 2015 07:33 am »

I think it's sad that I like Mako and Asami much better in this Abridged Series than in the original. I think Asami has a lot more personality in this abridged series than the real series, actually - and, it kind of makes me wished we had had this Asami just because she's really entertaining, funny and colourful.

Keeper of Kuvira's owning, Asami's lacking development, and Azula's nails.
Yong Wing
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Apr 19, 2015 10:51 am »

I think it's sad that I like Mako and Asami much better in this Abridged Series than in the original. I think Asami has a lot more personality in this abridged series than the real series, actually - and, it kind of makes me wished we had had this Asami just because she's really entertaining, funny and colourful.

Pretty much. She's actually assertive in this series. "Your @$$ looks terrific today, BUT GODD***!" Cheesy

Sincerely,
An Asami Fan

Sig by Sedai ^_^
shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #38 on: Apr 19, 2015 07:03 pm »

I think that in order to be truly funny, or whatnot, you have to be willing to look bad.  I don't think they were willing to do that with Asami, so she came off like a statue.  In parodies, the creators are more willing to break her out of her rut, and the result is more likeable.

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Apr 19, 2015 08:38 pm »

In this series, Asami and mako are my favorite. Also sexually uneducated Korra lol
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Apr 19, 2015 09:21 pm »

I hate to say it, but Bolin sounds liked a duckling being strangled by a rough-housing wrestler.

"Thanks for sending these servants over to help with the luggage!"

"...I didn't send anyone."

This series is glorious. I should watch more. Although I want to destroy Bolin's vocal cords with a rusty screwdriver now.

What has been done to me.

...You okay there, Asami?
« Last Edit: Apr 19, 2015 09:24 pm by Flipdark95 » Logged

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #41 on: Apr 20, 2015 08:54 am »

Funilly, the voice is what makes me love Bolin  in this.  I think it compliments his stupidity, kinda like with Ed. ^_^

Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #42 on: May 03, 2015 02:02 pm »

IT'S FINISHED!

Episode 9 - "Out of the Box"

Korra gets high on flashbacks and Mako frantically searches for his undies.

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: May 03, 2015 03:38 pm »

Love it.

Also, those drawings they editted in about a minute in are all pretty good. Looks like sherbies' work?

Project Voicebend actually makes me like Asami xD

I just lost it at ' {actual canon dialogue}' at one of Tarrlok's lines.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015 03:44 pm by Spiritwhisperer » Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015 06:25 pm »

Me too. Asami and tarloq are my favorite.
The_Xov
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2015 07:20 pm »

Is it horrible that I thought they might make a rape joke near the end when Tarloq was talking about having to find a place where he and Korra can be "Besties where nobody can find [them]?"

*corner*

Also, Asami is awesome.  And they actually took the time to redraw Aang's face to make that joke work?  Nice!

Borra the Explorer
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dead Ships Sailing

« Reply #46 on: Jun 29, 2015 12:16 am »

Episode 10 - "Turning the Beat Around"

And by popular demand, the full version of "Cool Kids (Tarrlok's Remix)"!

Solariz
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jun 29, 2015 02:19 am »

I'm actually rooting for KorrAsami in these vids lmao!!
Nausicaa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Jun 29, 2015 08:29 pm »

That bit with the parking tickets cracked me up. And Meelo's shrieking makes me laugh more than it should  Cheesy

Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jul 01, 2015 08:41 am »

"There's no way that's gonna come back to bite me"

That zoom and musical accentuation, I can't stop laughing.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: