Nov 15, 2019 04:22 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should the comics be considered canon?  (Read 29344 times)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #200 on: Aug 31, 2014 12:47 pm »

Maiko was ruined by DA PRUMIZE.

I mean, I'm not implicated in Shipping that much but the Maiko break-up frustrated me to no end.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #201 on: Aug 31, 2014 12:54 pm »

I would have been fine with it if it was set up well but it just kinda came out of nowhere. It wasn't justified. Gene should have written more Maiko stuff to lead up to the break up instead of focusing 3/4 of part two on Toph and Sokka's pointless shenanigans.

Part 2 of the Promise is the only comic that I dislike.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #202 on: Aug 31, 2014 01:01 pm »

It felt like fillers, especially because the metalbending school plot could've be a minicomic, I mean, we're dealing with a crisis over the colony and stuff, who cares about all this Toph's subplot when it seems that a war will happen ? it look like Gene had no idea about what he was going to do with Toph and Sokka and just added the metalbending school to give importance to them.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #203 on: Aug 31, 2014 01:17 pm »

Yeah. It came across as filler for Toph and Sokka and nothing more. It wasn't the good type of filler either..

It also doesn't help that I don't like the way Gene writes Toph.

I think Gene writes Aang, Katara, and Sokka just fine but when it comes to Toph...I don't know, its like he takes her most annoying traits and turns them up to eleven.

In the comics Toph just comes across as a little to cocky and bratty,, more so then she did in the actual show...and she annoyed me in the show. In the comics she makes me want to bang my head against the wall sometimes.

It's really the only reason that, even though it's plot is more well told then The Promise, The Rift is so far the least favorite series for me.

I just can't stand Toph in it. At least in the Promise she had a minimal role in parts 1 and 3.

I'm kinda hoping that the next trilogy is about Aang, Katara, and Sokka returning to help rebuild the South (the two sisters in The Rift seem to be taking it in that direction) if only because there is no way Toph could fit into that storyline.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #204 on: Aug 31, 2014 01:19 pm »

Completely agree, I hope that she won't stick around too much, not to offense her fans or anything but it's true that she's way more bratty than anything.

HikaruIzumi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #205 on: Aug 31, 2014 01:44 pm »

To me it was the other way round. I didn't care about the colony plot because I knew how it would end and where it would go from there. I cared about the Toph plot because I didn't know what would happen (at least not for sure) and Toph is my favourite character in AtLA. That's why I think the decision to add those two was for people like me who don't care about stuff when their know exactly how they end.
« Last Edit: Sep 02, 2014 02:08 pm by HikaruIzumi » Logged

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #206 on: Aug 31, 2014 02:50 pm »

When it comes to these comics, all I want to know is whether Suki's story about the origins of the Kyoshi Warriors in the Free Sukka Comic was the real deal or a very smart narrative window to Suki's background.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Magegg
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #207 on: Sep 01, 2014 04:29 pm »

I'd say yes. I think they're creator-approved and generally written to be canon.
nightingale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

This duality in me, ice and fire within.

« Reply #208 on: Dec 07, 2014 03:44 am »

Maiko was ruined by DA PRUMIZE.

I mean, I'm not implicated in Shipping that much but the Maiko break-up frustrated me to no end.

Well it is confirmed in that Mai will be in the next comic trilogy. I'm sure they will end up together at the end. I do agree That Zuko's relationship with Mai needed more time in The Promise, but perhaps the new comics can fix that. The Rift actually fixed my greatest gripe with The Promise, that was Aang disconnecting himself from Roku.

But four babies playing a game can make a playworld which licks your real world hollow... I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: