Dec 08, 2019 11:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will We Get Any LoK Comics?  (Read 3928 times)
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: Sep 18, 2012 02:59 am »

With book 1 being very limited with episodes, there was very little room for subplots and "filler episodes". Even some important stuff very relevant to the plot got excluded, like how the heck the Air Family got captured, or how the Krew got ahold of the Equalist uniforms.

1-4 page comics (or longer) that we used to get in the nick mag would be the perfect oppertunity to fill in these gaps, ya know, explanations of unexplained stuff in the show (similar to the comic that takes place between Book 2 & 3 of ATLA), or more in depth looked at character- first person point of view stuff, flashbacks (Linzin, anyone?), etc, and of course filler stuff.

Ideally, I would like this to be a separate project from Gene's stuff, but also canon. Have it like the old nick mag comics, where the writer and/or cartoonist is not nessicarily the same for each comic.

Thoughts? Comments? Ideas? What would you like to see if they were to make LoK comics?

(For the record, I don't think it is a question of if they'll make LoK comics, but rather when.)

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
Flipdark95
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Sep 18, 2012 06:02 am »

^ I think as the series gets more established, we'll see comics being made to explain a few things. Right now it's still very early to release background material.

Dare to be Badass.

Changing Elements
Rising Tide
Breaking Ice
Raging Flame[
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Sep 18, 2012 06:14 am »

I'd pay good money for some Korra-related, Lost Adventures-esque trash with titles like "Amon About Town".
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #3 on: Sep 18, 2012 09:11 am »

Lost adventures is nice, salvo some comics here and there.
But I bet something like that will be released soon, not counting the graphic novel (?) Revolution.

I Keep: War Minister Qin's hat - Chin the Great's shoes -

''^ Dude, if both betrayed her again, she'd end it right there and then.'' - Flipdark95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #4 on: Sep 18, 2012 02:57 pm »

I like the sound of that, we're bound to get them once the series progresses enough. Korra comics would be the perfect chance for some classic wacky, time wasting nonsense! Cheesy

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #5 on: Sep 18, 2012 06:18 pm »

/\ Perfect
Specially now that the series have less episodes and all that, there's the chance of showing some ''useless'' stuff <<not related to the main plot>> with the Krew.

''^ Dude, if both betrayed her again, she'd end it right there and then.'' - Flipdark95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #6 on: Sep 18, 2012 08:51 pm »

^ This! It works out perfectly, no? Grin 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Prince Zukos Palace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Sep 18, 2012 10:11 pm »

Lost adventures is nice, salvo some comics here and there.
But I bet something like that will be released soon, not counting the graphic novel (?) Revolution.
Revolution isn't a graphic novel. It's a junior novelization, which basically means it's going to be a chapter book with just words.

Banner and Avatar by me.
eMoN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Lord Momo of the Momo dynasty, Your Momoness ..."

« Reply #8 on: Sep 19, 2012 12:28 am »

i hope so, would love to know about the back stories not known on the show ..

~ Icon by GG, Sig by Schellibie ~
~ Keeps: Aang's "Monkey Feathers!" from 313 & Katara's "I'M COMPLETELY CALM!!!" from 208 ~
Qin Shi Huang
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

All Under Heaven

« Reply #9 on: Sep 19, 2012 01:15 pm »

Although there wouldn't be that much interesting stuff to hear/know about.
I'd rather read some stories of times pre-Aang [specially pre-Kyoshi/Kuruk]
but even so, some info would be great and I'm looking forward.

Prince Zukos Palace
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Sep 19, 2012 02:38 pm »

^There could be stories of what happened to Mako and Bolin's parents. Stories about Asami and Hiroshi when Asami's mother was still alive and about her mother's death.  Stories about Korra before she left the water tribe, like maybe doing water bending training with Katara. A story about how Korra got Naga. A story about how Mako and Bolin got Pabu. A flashback of Lin and Tenzin's failed relationship. Flashback adventures of the original Gaang as adults.  Some comics about Iroh II and some comics about Grandpa Zuko. XD Stories about Mako and Bolin's street adventures after they lost their parents. Some stories about Amon/Naotok and Tarlock,like how Naotok became Amon and started up the Equalists, and about Tarlock and Naotok as children,etc.

Banner and Avatar by me.
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Sep 21, 2012 02:01 am »

^This. There's so much to tell about the past of the characters. I can imagine a series of comics based around Lin, Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi close to the gaang's age in ATLA.

And like I already said, they could use comics to fill in gaps in the episode- stuff that they might have wanted to include in the series but didn't have time for, like how the air family got captured.

I think a retelling of "Welcome to Republic City" in Tenzin's point of view would be an interesting read, with him telling it so we could get inside his head and know what he was thinking. Or something like that with Lin, or Pema or one of the children. I would take Jinora as an avid writer.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
kikyou1
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am what I am.

« Reply #12 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:44 pm »

Maybe when the show is completly done we will get little tails about certain characters. That would be fun to see. Like Pabu and Naga on an adventure.

Click signature for free gfx.
Noirsam
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Oct 20, 2012 05:33 am »

Do we still have a nickelodeon magazine.

Because Lost Adventures was a collection of ATL comics from that magazine.

And I dont think that they will release Korra Lost Adventures directly.

Sig made by Dorky.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #14 on: Oct 20, 2012 06:20 am »

^Nick magazine shut down.  Only way I could see Lost Adventures length stories is if they release them online.

I do think it's incredibly likely that we'll eventually see Korra stories though.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Oct 20, 2012 06:57 am »

Man. I didn't realize we lost Nick Mag. That's too bad. But I suppose that would mean short LoK comics is unlikely.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: