Apr 26, 2017 11:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Regarding criticism of TLOK and related comics  (Read 8273 times)
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« on: Aug 25, 2012 09:09 am »

Dear members of ASN,

There seems to have been some confusion about the rules lately, so we want to clear up some things. First of all, threatening or bashing Mike & Bryan, the rest of the staff, Nick, Gene Yuan Lang, or anyone else is obviously forbidden, as it always has been. Posting your opinions on the other hand is always allowed, as long as you do it in a polite and constructive manner. For those who are unsure about what that means, here is an example:

+ Constructive criticism: I didn’t like the love triangle because I felt it was unnecessary to the overall plot and that time could have been better spent doing [X]. I think the show suffered from a the lack of character development and believe it would have been better if they had shown us [Y]. I was unsatisfied with certain parts of the plot because I feel as though things were rushed and it would have been better if they had done [Z]. I think the writing could have been improved if Mike and Bryan had worked with the ATLA writing team, or found new writers for Korra.

The plot and characterization of The Promise could have been handled better by doing [A]. The art was unusually cartoony and rather chibi-ish and while that might be Gurihiru's art style, it would have been better if it was more closely related to the art style in the show. The story could have been improved if some parts of the plot was more focused and other unnecessary plots were dropped.

- Nonconstructive criticism: The love triangle was useless and annoying. I hate the characters. I think the plot is stupid. Mike and Bryan are horrible writers and should never attempt to write anything again. This show is major epic fail. ATLA was so much better and Korra should never have been made.

The Promise comics was a major fail since the writer is extremely incompetent and another person should be hired. The art was also fail as well since they don't look like the characters as well. The story and characterization was bland and boring and I would have rather spent my money on something actually worth reading. Both Gene and Gurihiru should never work in the comic industry again.

--------

Second, while all opinions are welcome on ASN and we won't judge anyone for not liking certain aspects/parts of the series, we would like to remind you that this is a fansite, a.k.a. a place meant for people to share their enthusiasm about Avatar: The Last Airbender, The Legend of Korra and comics related to both series. We support both shows, and we want the discussions on the site to reflect that. As such, we would regret it if the tone of the forum became overly negative, especially since this might give new members a wrong idea about the site. Therefore, we know the show has flaws, but please, use balance when discussing it. Don’t go focusing only on the bad points; talk about the good things too! Tell us about what you liked, about the points that have improved, about how M&B managed to create a story that made the top ratings once again. And if you didn’t like Legend of Korra/The Promise at all, then remember that there’s always other parts of ASN you can post in. We would like new members and visitors to see that this is a community of fans who are critical, not a place where all people ever do is complain.

We do appreciate the many good and deep discussions on the site, and we thank you all for your contribution. A forum is what the members make of it; let's work together to make this community an open and welcoming place for everyone for many years to come. Smiley

~The entire staff of ASN
« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2012 09:15 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2013 08:13 pm »

Please see this announcement regarding TLOK negativity:

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=22906.0

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: