Dec 06, 2019 08:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: are you satisfied with the book series?
yes - 34 (50.7%)
no - 27 (40.3%)
other - 6 (9%)
Total Voters: 67

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: in general, are you satisfied? (sept, 26, 2012)  (Read 20612 times)
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #175 on: Mar 26, 2014 10:26 pm »

Yeah, but even what "saving Yu Dao" meant changed from scene to scene for her. I'm still trying to figure out when she first came up with the idea of Yu Dao being independent, instead of just sticking with Fire Nation rule.

Kori is just incoherent in every way.

Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #176 on: Mar 28, 2014 04:20 pm »

Yeah, but even what "saving Yu Dao" meant changed from scene to scene for her. I'm still trying to figure out when she first came up with the idea of Yu Dao being independent, instead of just sticking with Fire Nation rule.

THE WHOLE DAMN COMIC is just incoherent in every way.

Fixed.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
fraroc
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #177 on: Jun 17, 2014 02:09 pm »

I still am satisfied with the comics and I can't believe how many people hate them, especially The Promise. I don't know about the rest of you, but I never expected that life after Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Aang to be "and the Gaang lived happily ever after". And if you watch the scene in The Avatar And The Firelord where Iroh finally spoke to Zuko, he flat out says "evil and good are constantly at war within you, Zuko. It is your nature." Which explains very well why Zuko got advice from his father and withdrew from the HRM. (btw, he flat out said that he wishes Iroh was here in Part 3)

I literally cannot get over just how split the Avatar fandom has become. There really is just no more unity anymore Sad It's now four different factions, The ATLA fans, the Korra fans, the Comic fans, and the fans of all three. And we have to defend our love for these things not from haters, but from fellow fans (or former fans). And frankly, it really hurts to see fans constantly fight like this. 
« Last Edit: Jun 17, 2014 03:42 pm by fraroc » Logged
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #178 on: Jun 17, 2014 05:08 pm »

I don't know about the rest of you, but I never expected that life after Sozin's Comet Part 4: Avatar Aang to be "and the Gaang lived happily ever after".

I never expected a Happily Ever After, either. I did expect in-character struggles and plots that make sense, though.

And if you watch the scene in The Avatar And The Firelord where Iroh finally spoke to Zuko, he flat out says "evil and good are constantly at war within you, Zuko. It is your nature." Which explains very well why Zuko got advice from his father and withdrew from the HRM. (btw, he flat out said that he wishes Iroh was here in Part 3)

No, it doesn't explain it at all, because those events were rushed and made no sense given the context of the story. And there's still no explanation from anyone why Zuko thought Ozai would have any advice about the situation, given that Ozai never actually engaged in statecraft given that he was prosecuting a world war, and being surrounded by people who would be able to give better advice.

I literally cannot get over just how split the Avatar fandom has become. There really is just no more unity anymore Sad It's now four different factions, The ATLA fans, the Korra fans, the Comic fans, and the fans of all three.

Meh, better than Kataang vs Zutara, Tokka vs Sukka, and Ty Zula vs Everyone Who Likes Zuko.

And we have to defend our love for these things not from haters, but from fellow fans (or former fans). And frankly, it really hurts to see fans constantly fight like this.

You don't have to defend anything if you don't want to. Honestly, aside from a vague pleasure that people are getting enjoyment out of a storytelling attempt instead of Facebook, I don't really care who likes The Promise.

Magegg
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #179 on: Sep 01, 2014 04:26 pm »

Book series? You mean comic books?
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: