Jul 27, 2017 12:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What other books would you like to see?  (Read 6284 times)
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« on: Jul 26, 2012 09:11 pm »

So far we had The Lost Adventures, The Promise and the Search. Are there any other comics you would like to see? Which ones?

Alternatively, what kind of books would you like to see? Do you think they should make another artbook?

Personally, I wouldn't mind:
- something about Lu Ten and Iroh's trip to the Spirit World
- something about the Gaang's adult life
- something about Mako and Bolin's childhood (assuming this doesn't get covered in Legend of Korra)

Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 26, 2012 09:53 pm »

"Dragon of the West" - Iroh's rise to prominence in the Fire Nation military, ending with his being sent out to the siege of Ba Sing Se.
"Spotlight: Mai" - Mai's Excellent Adventures after breaking up with Zuko.
"Lost Souls" - The story of the four original characters from the old ATLA CCG.

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #2 on: Jul 26, 2012 09:56 pm »

- something about Lu Ten and Iroh's trip to the Spirit World
- something about Mako and Bolin's childhood (assuming this doesn't get covered in Legend of Korra)

"Dragon of the West" - Iroh's rise to prominence in the Fire Nation military, ending with his being sent out to the siege of Ba Sing Se.
"Spotlight: Mai" - Mai's Excellent Adventures after breaking up with Zuko.
"Lost Souls" - The story of the four original characters from the old ATLA CCG.

« Last Edit: Jul 26, 2012 09:58 pm by nukilik » Logged
KpKimberly
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Azula ist die wertvollste.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 27, 2012 02:38 am »

I also would like to know about LuTen and his mother.
Azula, Zuko and Lu Tens childhood. Vacation in ember island-the good and happy old days.

I asked Gene five months ago(The Promise): 6.Will we learn something about Uncle Irohs connection to the spirit world??

And he answered:
6. Iroh does show up in a later issue!

« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2012 05:21 am by KpKimberly » Logged

Sorry for my grammar.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #4 on: Jul 27, 2012 09:29 am »

Yes please. Lots and lots of these, covering great chunks of those 70 years between ATLA and TLOK.

Also, an artbook for TLOK.

And I still haven't lost hope for this:

They should make a whole [art]book for season 1, another [art]book for season 2, another [art]book for season 3, and a whole other [art]book for pre-series development and post-series possibilities Grin

And make them big, fat books. They'd make an amazing Avatar encyclopedia.
« Last Edit: Jul 27, 2012 09:33 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #5 on: Jul 27, 2012 09:51 am »

What I would like to see:
- Lu "Bad*ss" Ten stories
- Young-old master stories with young!Iroh, young!Pakku, young!Piandao and young!YeongYeong
- Kyoshi Warrior stories (oh yesssss...)
- A Hakoda+Kya story

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
eMoN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Lord Momo of the Momo dynasty, Your Momoness ..."

« Reply #6 on: Jul 27, 2012 07:41 pm »

I would like to see:

- More on Aang's days in the Southern Air Temple and the Airbending techniques he learnt from the Monks ..
- The back story and early childhood of Jet,
- More comics on the Gaang's adventures; "The Lost Adventures" to me were not enough!

~ Icon by GG, Sig by Schellibie ~
~ Keeps: Aang's "Monkey Feathers!" from 313 & Katara's "I'M COMPLETELY CALM!!!" from 208 ~
Mahaanus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28, 2012 01:51 am »

Alright, an issue about every separate character - Aang, Zuko, Toph, Katara, Sokka, Suki, Mai, Ty Lee, Azula, Iroh after the war.

-Iroh's siege on Ba Sing Se
-Backstory of the Freedom Fighters
-A family fic starting from Ursa and Ozai's marriage, to Ursa's banishment

And all of this leading to a midquel animated series about the Gaang's life.

Recent events have drawn me out of my hole.
Fullmetal
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2012 02:12 am »

I want to see what exactly went down with the airbenders and the jerkbenders

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 29, 2012 10:38 pm »

Maybe will get some info on Iroh's spirit world adventure in The Search. Gene Yang did say it touches more into the spirtual side of Avatar, so maybe someone questions Iroh on it and he'll delve a bit into it. Maybe, if we're really lucky we'll hear something about his wife. Even though it's an irrelevant subject, I've always wondered about her. It's weird that she's never discussed.

I'd also LOVE to see the older!Gaang. Especially as parents, that way we'd see younger versions of Lin, Tenzin, Kya, Bumi, Honora, and whoever else may exist as kids too. That would just be fabulous, older!gaang comics.

I'd also love to see the story of how Ursa and Ozai's relationship went.

I'd also maybe like to see a comic on who Toph ended up with, assuming Korra never lets us know. Even if it does, maybe show some of their relationship?

Maybe a comic on Lin and Tenzin's relationship would be nice. And Bumi and Honora's /shot//

Azula and Haru getting hitched, having a kid, who then inherits Iroh's teashop and we see that said kid running the teashop in an episode of Korra.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Aug 07, 2012 04:34 pm »

"Amongst Dragons" -- On the eve of Zuko and Mai's wedding, vengeful spirits strike out at the Fire Lord using a human tool: the long-lost Admiral Zhao!

"A Fistful of Stone" -- When evidence surfaces that a colony of airbenders survived the Fire Nation's purges with Ba Sing Se's secret aid, Aang and Toph are forced to track down the remnants of the Dai Li to learn its location.

nahgem
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Aug 08, 2012 10:37 am »

"Amongst Dragons" -- On the eve of Zuko and Mai's wedding, vengeful spirits strike out at the Fire Lord using a human tool: the long-lost Admiral Zhao!

And for that one, they steal Rufftoon back from Dreamworks, because she writes the best Zhao. XD

Also, they canonize Water Tribe, because I think there's still room to reconcile it with existing canon.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #12 on: Aug 08, 2012 11:22 am »

Speaking of Zhao, I want to know more about his history with Zuko. What happened between those two before the series.

Of stories that take place in the future, I like to see what kind of relationship Lin had with her grandparents. I think they would want to introduce to the culture side of the family, the hertiage of the Bai Fongs, and see friction with Toph and her parents, like them wanting to take Lin to an opera, and Toph trying to get Lin to be more tom boyish, while Lin's grandparents trying to get to be more culture and lady like. And I can see Lin's grandparents and Tenzin getting along. While Toph and Lin might find high soceity boring, Tenzin would say "a high soceity event, sounds like fun, let's go Lin."
« Last Edit: Aug 08, 2012 11:32 am by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
TheArchitect
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jan 20, 2013 09:47 pm »

I'd definately like to see the Kyoshi Warriors' adventures since they were visited by the Gaang in Kyoshi Island till they were defeated by Azula in Appa's Lost Days or even till they got in jail.

And I really expect to see something on Suki when she's already part of the Avatar Team. I mean, I don't really feel like she's totally part of the Gaang mainly because she was the last one to join, but I think she's done enough to deserve a book/comic that shows her character development and her relationships to the members of the Gaang who are not Sokka ^^

Keeper of Wan Shi Tong's Library, Jinora's education and Azula and Noatak's tears.
Lucky clouds
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

祥云 - the auspicious clouds

« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2013 11:16 am »

^This.
Maybe something like 'lets get down to business, to defeat Kuei' by Iroh, or anything like that...

Well, after explaining Iroh's story on the army, from the initial training up until the BSS siege, it would be good another story developing on his spiritual journey and how he became that powerful with the force spiritual side.
NoName999
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

World's Greatest Voidbender

« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2013 12:23 pm »

(Mis)Adventures of the Kyoshi Warriors or Freedom Fighters, please

Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2013 02:46 am »

I'd like a one-shot gag story with Suki trying to adjust to staying in the capital with Zuko.

But most of all I second Loopy's suggestion of  the Adventures of Mai (as a bounty hunter).

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #17 on: Mar 02, 2013 08:57 pm »

Sokka getting his weapons back.

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
colle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Mar 06, 2013 11:56 am »

I agree with Iroh's backstory, more details would be interesting.

Aang and Katara's wedding and/or Zuko's

An Encycopedia about the Avatar Last Airbender world, like Archie did with "Sonic the Hedgehog." Like the wiki we have now, but in print.
chicken_sokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire. Wang Fire.

« Reply #19 on: Mar 06, 2013 02:21 pm »

I agree with Iroh's backstory, more details would be interesting.

Aang and Katara's wedding and/or Zuko's

An Encycopedia about the Avatar Last Airbender world, like Archie did with "Sonic the Hedgehog." Like the wiki we have now, but in print.

The Art of the Animated Series book covers that pretty well.

Keeper of Sokka's Memorial Statue, Beard, and Gavel!
FireLordIroh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The True Fire Lord will rise up!

« Reply #20 on: Mar 27, 2013 08:53 pm »

I'll posit my favorites:

*Adult Gaang, but NOT just connective tissue between the series- someone more than just a bridge.  7 decades gives a lot of room to play with.
*Stories from the Hundred Years' War.  Zhao and the Royal Family are ideal FN candidates, and there are plenty of WT and EK characters as well.  Not even about someone we know, necessarily.
*Older Avatars (Kyoshi most likely, since Kuruk died young.  On the other hand, Kuruk would be easier to write into a single novel rather than Kyoshi's probable encyclopedia).
*Kyoshi Warrior Adventures.

I would also love Iroh's backstory, but I don't want it immediately.  I want the Avatar-EU to find its crucial, acclaimed author before anyone attempts this (or just let Bryke release it in some form).  It's the untold story many fans want, some of us even more so than Ursa.  If it's ever done, it needs to be done very, very well.

kikyou1
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am what I am.

« Reply #21 on: Mar 28, 2013 12:07 pm »

-Adult Gaang. More detail in how Sokka got councilman, Toph is the chief of police, Zuko and his daughter.
-Young Iroh and Ozai from childhood to their teens. Just bits on what their relationship dynamic was like.
-Young Lu Ten, Azula, and Zuko.
-Older Azula

Click signature for free gfx.
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2013 07:02 pm »

Is the Avatar series bound to this one art style or could they allow for other artists to draw the characters differently?

A special comic novel where they have various artists and writers put in some random stories that don't have to be canon.

For example, a comic version of the Aang vs. Ozai fight.
Mahaanus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2013 11:38 pm »

Is the Avatar series bound to this one art style or could they allow for other artists to draw the characters differently?

A special comic novel where they have various artists and writers put in some random stories that don't have to be canon.

We already had Ember Island Arcade, it was a bad idea.

Recent events have drawn me out of my hole.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2013 05:20 pm »

I still don't know why everyone is down on Ember Island Arcade. At least the art tried to do something unique, and it was high quality. Compare everything else in that book, which just mimicked the cartoon but not as good (except for Rufftoon's stuff).

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: