Apr 23, 2018 01:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 338 (69.8%)
9 - 86 (17.8%)
8 - 34 (7%)
7 - 16 (3.3%)
6 - 3 (0.6%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.2%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 5 (1%)
Total Voters: 463

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [206] The Blind Bandit  (Read 44201 times)
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2006 05:27 pm »

Dang, it's Meng?! It sounded familar to me, too.

That's an added bonus for me, seeing as I liked Meng. She was cool. xD

TheBlindBandit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang <3 Toph

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2006 06:43 pm »

Oh, my God! :-P They do sound similar!

I love Teen Titans *is obsessed* look for me on the forums...I'm TerraLogan Cheesy

"I'm not some sad little girl just waiting to be resuced! I wanted to be this way. I wanted to go with Slade. I wanted to annihilate you and your pathetic friends!" ~Terra
Sigpic removed for not changing it per moderator request. -Forau
Angel Of Shadows
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2006 07:11 pm »

that was a good episode! but I feel bad for the whole crew b/c now that have that many more people after them.

Sig courtsey of Zukofan.

YOU ROCK MY WORLD ZUKOFAN!!!!!! Smiley @)---'--,-
thunder_713
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Fire Nation Traitor...

evilbabyrulesall@msn.com thndr713
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2006 07:22 pm »

Well, if Toph calls Katara a floozy later on in the season, I won't be surprised ^^ Teehee.

That would be too funny. The climax of the anticipated Kataang/Taang (my own snark name) shipping war.

^Zuko fan? Check out Lava Love God

Keeper of Sokka's necklace and Zuko's ship.

(LLG banner thanks to omgasp). Icon by magicker_icons.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2006 08:32 pm »

Well, if Toph calls Katara a floozy later on in the season, I won't be surprised ^^ Teehee.

That would be too funny. The climax of the anticipated Kataang/Taang (my own snark name) shipping war.

This is going to be one interesting season for romance from here on out, I guarentee it.

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
GarLogan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Gar and Rae

PM+me PM+me
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2006 08:46 pm »

Oh, my God! :-P They do sound similar!

I love Teen Titans *is obsessed* look for me on the forums...I'm TerraLogan Cheesy

arrgg another terra/gar fan? DX terra is so over rated...

Toph was awesome.. i'm not really a huge fan of Avatar but this eppi has caught my eye... Like how she is blind... most of us blind bats dont get the justice we need! anyways hopefully they wont kill her off or anything... all the goodies always get killed off....

the next epp looks interesting too...

Because being normal is overrated
Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

" 'OH MY GOD, NO WAI!' 'OH MY GOD, YES WAI!' "

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2006 08:52 pm »

This is going to be one interesting season for romance from here on out, I guarentee it.

I second that, ignite! I mean, the first few eppisodes of the 2nd season were excellent for us Kataang fans. And with a new girl joining the crew, it should be very interesting to see what reactions come from the group....very interesting indeed. Ha, that's like what me and my friends were talking about, sooner or later Katara and Toph'll be fighting over who's teaching Aang Grin...So...um--anyone wanna place some bets on which pairings'll be the biggest Wink ?

Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2006 09:33 pm »

Screenshots for "The Blind Bandit" are now up on the mainsite. Enjoy!
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2006 10:50 pm »

That was fast!

Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I haven't given up hope yet. ;_;

darthnat@hotmail.com charaznable26
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2006 11:05 pm »

arrgg another terra/gar fan? DX terra is so over rated...

Terra rocks.

BUT NOT AS MUCH AS TOPH HAR HAR HAR.

Okay, seriously, Toph is cool.  I have a thing for blind characters.  I love them.  It's like a law of the universe that blind fighters have to be total badasses.  Toph is no exception.

I also loved how this episode parodied professional wrestling so well.  The Boulder is hilarious.  "The Boulder is conflicted about facing a small blind girl!"

Star Outlaw
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Are you okay?

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2006 11:24 pm »

This episode will go down as having one of the best fight scenes in the series. Earthbending just got alot more popular. Toph is going to add alot of personality to the group and I can't wait to she her in future episodes. Most earthbenders are big, bulky guys, but Toph's such a tiny little cutie ^_^. I love how her skills can overcome brute force.

One more thing, Master Yu's academy is a prime example of what is called a McDojo.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006 11:27 pm by Psycho Silver » Logged

Check out my Avatar Music Videos.

I keep Pabu. Sig by LeonsKennedy4815
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2006 10:11 am »

Because of this episode, I grew more respect for earthbending.

tino
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2006 01:36 pm »

i liked this episode also it was very interesting, and i think that the other eps were a build up of the rest of the season. i think that the rest were good but this is the ep is the one that starts off the rest of the great episodes of this season. cant wait till the next one
Hotshot94
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

hotshotty94@hotmail.com goku75056
« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2006 03:48 pm »

this is kind of off topic, but if the voice actor of Meng now voices Toph, does that mean we won't be seeing Meng and the Aunt Wu's villiage anymore? I kind of wanted them to stay in the story line
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2006 05:34 pm »

I thought they sounded alike. O_o Wow, weird..

Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2006 05:38 pm »

this is kind of off topic, but if the voice actor of Meng now voices Toph, does that mean we won't be seeing Meng and the Aunt Wu's villiage anymore? I kind of wanted them to stay in the story line

It is not uncommon for the same voice actor to voice more than one character in a show.  It's not really an indication that one character will go and another will stay.

Egglette
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

underground fan. project secretly-obsess commence.

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2006 09:23 pm »

This episode rocked! (No pun intended)

Toph is an amazing character; although many of the new shippers may use the fact that Meng (who has the same voice as Toph) had a crush on Aang as their "proof". Personally, I think that hormones will rage.

My thinkings of Toph's relationships:
Toph will have a love-hate relationship with Katara, for reasons obvious.
A playful flirting with Aang.
Pretend-to-fight sort of thing with Sokka.

I wonder how she'll interact with Zuko...

On Toph, I'm not sure if she'll make it to the end of the show. I'm not saying she's going to die and angsty, tragic death, but once Aang's mastered earth-bending, it'll get kind of complicated with her around. I think there will be a sweet, loving goodbye between Aang and her that will drive all shippers insane (AKA making the ZK shippers happy and AK unhappy  Undecided)

Overall, wonderful episode. Yeah, Sokka was fairly annoying but lets be blunt, he makes the show funny. Great animation.  Grin

uh. boo.
Nat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2006 08:13 am »

Well, when speaking about romance, remember that Toph is just a twelve-year-old girl.  And one that loves to fight and is highly competitive at that.  I don't think true love, or even any kind of romance, is what is going to be foremost on her mind.  When it comes to Aang, I imagine that she'll be far more eager to show him who the master Earthbender is around those parts every chance she gets.  That sort of thing could probably be taken as flirting, but... come on.  She's really young.  Any sort or relationship she makes at that age probably won't go beyond the good friends stage.

Kereea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Moordryd Payyn and Prince Zuko rock!

« Reply #43 on: May 08, 2006 07:18 pm »

I. Love. Toph!
She rocks! She's amazing, not only because she's blind, but beause I'm so glad to see an Earthbender who isn't some mucle-ly guy! YAY TOPH!

(kereea is a supporter and rabid fangirl of both boys above. Insult them at your own risk)
Keeper of whatever i can get my hands on, all the good stuff's already claimed...Keeper of Mai's knives! Yeah!
Angel Of Shadows
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2006 10:02 am »

here's the thing i don't get.

during "The Swamp" episode, everyone saw a vision of someone they have lost, just as katara and her mother, and sokka and yue. so since aang saw toph, does that mean that aang will lose toph?

i sure hope not.

you do have a point and it does make sence. But just like you said, I haop aang doesnt loose toph. that would make me so sad Sad

Sig courtsey of Zukofan.

YOU ROCK MY WORLD ZUKOFAN!!!!!! Smiley @)---'--,-
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2006 01:24 pm »

Well, when speaking about romance, remember that Toph is just a twelve-year-old girl.  And one that loves to fight and is highly competitive at that.  I don't think true love, or even any kind of romance, is what is going to be foremost on her mind.  When it comes to Aang, I imagine that she'll be far more eager to show him who the master Earthbender is around those parts every chance she gets.  That sort of thing could probably be taken as flirting, but... come on.  She's really young.  Any sort or relationship she makes at that age probably won't go beyond the good friends stage.

Tell that to Aang.. He's 12 years old as well. Plus, there is no limit on how young a person can gain a crush or fall in love.

watermistress
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

CURSES! foiled again.

Starshine9938@hotmail.com
« Reply #46 on: May 09, 2006 05:53 pm »

yeah that is true...but anyways... im sooo dissapointed! the eppi sounded so great and i had to go on a stupid road trip to California! and they didnt have cable! *cries*

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: May 09, 2006 07:44 pm »

yeah that is true...but anyways... im sooo dissapointed! the eppi sounded so great and i had to go on a stupid road trip to California! and they didnt have cable! *cries*

Well, if you want to know where to see it, PM me and I will tell you.

Anyway, I can't believe there are fics on Toph already. O_o That's nuts!

Blood Drinker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2006 08:04 pm »

Toph has great advantage at earthbending, but she also has great disadvantage when attacker has nothing to do with earth, for example, she can't dodge the metal belt. I think this weakness will play a part in future episodes.

By the way, she reminds me of Tera in Teen Titans, also a earthbender girl joins the team in 2nd season. Unfortunately, she died at the season final. I hope Toph will not end her journey this way. I hope she stay with team till the series final, because I think it better be all four elements (Aang, Katara, Toph, Zuko) against Fire Nation in the final battle, not only the Avatar and Water tribes.

I concur that toph will probably have a hard time trying to doge fire water or air projectiles.

But I think she and aang make a cute couple as do zuko and katara

I think mayby her eyes could be healed by kataras water bending or perhaps a super earth spirit?
(If there were super water spirits in the last season mayby there are super earth spirits this season?)
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2006 08:22 pm »

I really hope that her eyes aren't healed. It makes her more..unique, with her being blind, and  also it gives her a disadvantege to many things.

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: