Oct 17, 2018 10:10 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 338 (69.8%)
9 - 86 (17.8%)
8 - 34 (7%)
7 - 16 (3.3%)
6 - 3 (0.6%)
5 - 0 (0%)
4 - 1 (0.2%)
3 - 1 (0.2%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 5 (1%)
Total Voters: 463

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [206] The Blind Bandit  (Read 47621 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: May 05, 2006 07:40 pm »

Description: In search for an Earthbending teacher for Aang, the kids go to an underground Earthbending tournament where they encounter Toph, a blind, but powerful Earthbender. After seeing her unique style of Earthbending, Aang wants Toph to become his teacher, but there are complications.
Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

fuzzytoesocks@hotmail.com emilythepissed
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2006 07:44 pm »

[copied almost directly from the RS Shrine xD]

Omg.

Toph = awesome. I expected her voice to be different, and for her to be less cocky-ish, but I got used to it within a second.

The twist at the end completely took me by surprise, though I had a pinch of a feeling that Toph had just run away. Wonder how the gang's gonna like two master Earthbenders on their tail...

I guess that they had to replace Zuko's role as major villain that tracks the Avatar. Though they have Ozai's Angels for that...

Dang, I feel sorry for Aang and crew now. xDD

I also had a feeling that she would be able to see in some way, seeing as I don't think ANY cartoon writer/producer/you get the point could pull off having a completely blind main character.

And score!
QUOTE(Fuzzy @ Apr 18 2006, 07:50 PM)
I have an idea.
What about if that girl is Toph?

I bet that half of you don't know what I'm talking about. xD

8D That was after The Swamp aired, and we were talking about who the girl was (on the RS Shrine).

I wish Aang had kept his outfit, it lookeed cool. D:

The one line that I remember that I thought was funny was this:

Katara: -eye point thing- I'm watching you.
Sokka: -whisper- Water tribe.

Found that funny. xD

In otherwords....I think I'm already a TophxAanger. xDD Kataangs, don't shoot me. I'm a multishipper, so I'm still on your side. xP

yoshie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

129252469 liquiddrag0n1013@hotmail.com itsyoshie aznyoshi@snet.net
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2006 07:50 pm »

here's the thing i don't get.

during "The Swamp" episode, everyone saw a vision of someone they have lost, just as katara and her mother, and sokka and yue. so since aang saw toph, does that mean that aang will lose toph?

i sure hope not.

Regards,
- yoshie_<ten.13>
Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Turba, Cunfusio, Inordinatum

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2006 07:53 pm »

SQWEEE!
When it was good it was very very good.
And when it was great, it was kick-ass.

http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=460.msg893373#msg893373
By reading this signature I have wasted SECONDS of your time you will never get back. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Kanelle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2006 08:10 pm »

I was right.... the whole tournament was a wrestling Parody  Grin  Though I wasn't right about it being setup... didn't 100% think that anyways.  Though I could argue that the person who ran it thought Aang and Toph set up the champfight and split the money. /hummm

Anyways.... /gloat

Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.
--Buddha
Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2006 08:14 pm »

You are really abusing that bannana Kanelle.

By reading this signature I have wasted SECONDS of your time you will never get back. MWAHAHAHAHAHA!
Firelord Sunny
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yip yip!

ladymecha
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2006 08:27 pm »

This is the first episode of season two that has really satisfied me, the others were either okay or sub par...
I just hope Toph wont upstage the older characters, that always happens it seems when new characters are introduced.... the other characters are pushed to the side and ignored as the new character steals the show.

Space, the final frontier...
These are the voyages of the flying bison Appa.
His ongoing mission, to explore strange new worlds,
To help Aang seek out new bending masters and escape the firenation.
To boldy go where no flying bison has gone before...

Keeper of Davros' frozen head
Swamp Dweller
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Toph, you rule.

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2006 08:36 pm »

And my love of earthbending has grown ten-fold.

This episode has changed so many things for me. I have a new favorite character, a new favorite scene, a new most despised villain, and above all: a new favorite episode.

Toph is awesome. She is an unbelievably good earthbender and not only does she know it, but she is not afraid to say it to anyone who would care to listen. Some may call it arrogance, but in her case - being imprisoned by living with a father who treats her like an old vase (dear, fragile, and useless) - I think it's justifiable.

The last fight in the arena - or should I call it a slaughter? - was amazing and having Toph blinding the other earthbenders was pretty clever on her part. I do wonder how those guys feel though, getting beaten by a terribly outnumbered blind girl and all.

Swamp Dweller does not like the Boulder but he does think that it will be much more interesting now that the Avatar is being pursued by yet another enemy he has made for himself.

All this combined with Sokka's whispery "Water Tribe" made for an excellent episode and although it would be great to see Zuko: The Exiled Firebender next week, I can't wait to see Toph again on the 19th.

Are you so busy fighting you cannot see your own ship has set sail? --Ancient Irohnian proverb
Zukofan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2006 09:56 pm »

Wow...that was a good epsiode.  I really like Toph; she rocks!!!  I must admit that I was pleasantly surprised.  Lot's of action.  Yes. Grin

And OMG at the end there was that teaser for "Zuko Alone".
>.<  xD  *refrains form posetively screaming with glee*
*muffled squeaky noises are heard*
mii...
ufth...
heeheehee...! *explodes*
OOoooooohhhhhh, I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
Bleeding_Aurora
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

by: neitherday

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2006 11:09 pm »

Okay, I must say... I sqealed more when I saw the preview for the next episode... but this episode was very very nice!

I was worried that it would be a bad fan fic remake, Mary Sue, the whole nine yards... where Aang finds this teacher and everyone's all happy. It wasn't and it was good this way.

I really appreciated that her character added to the plot, rather than flat out, let's get a new teacher... yay! Done with her story. Okay, on with my rant.

Loves- Hah! The bag... that was cute. The whole manicing Katara thing. It's awesome. When she turned the corner, my dad's like... I wonder what she did... I'm like ha! She prolly beat the two guys up. I was so right. The tourney reminded me of Yu Yu Hakusho, don't ask me why, it just did... eh, but I still loved it. Toph as a character, as stated before... I like... she's awesome, I don't think I would change her one bit. I've gotta say though, I wonder how Kataang shippers are gonna feel with new competition. Or Aang with anyone for that matter. I've seen some scary ships. Lips sealed

Dislikes - Sokka a little on my nerves with his obsessive-ness, He was funny in the tourney... then it got annoying, especially when Aang got kidnapped.

Wow, so new villans, not just the fire nation anymore... hmm... this'll be interesting.

I give it a nine...

<how much you wanna bet the next episode's gonna be a 10 from sheer glee?>

"Writer's block is like a bicyclist breaking his legs, eventually he'll get to ride again, but not when he really wants to."

Icon From: Digik Designs
Hotshot94
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

hotshotty94@hotmail.com goku75056
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2006 12:28 am »

I really like Toph! though I was half expecting her to not show emotion in the face, since she's blind and all(she said born blind too)...wouldn't she not know how to make expressions? but she's a great addition to the team Cheesy she kicks so much butt, the way she see's reminds me of that movie "Dare Devil"

the good animation is baaaaack! or at least this episode looked better animated Cheesy made me happy
TREK
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2006 06:10 am »

Toph has great advantage at earthbending, but she also has great disadvantage when attacker has nothing to do with earth, for example, she can't dodge the metal belt. I think this weakness will play a part in future episodes.

By the way, she reminds me of Tera in Teen Titans, also a earthbender girl joins the team in 2nd season. Unfortunately, she died at the season final. I hope Toph will not end her journey this way. I hope she stay with team till the series final, because I think it better be all four elements (Aang, Katara, Toph, Zuko) against Fire Nation in the final battle, not only the Avatar and Water tribes.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Kataang shipper to the end!

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2006 09:26 am »

I really enjoyed this episode, Toph was just too awesome for her own good! I can sense some competition with Katara and Toph in the future, I just know it. I can see it now...

Toph: *Teaching Aang some earthbending moves and having a good time*
Katara: *Sitting their glaring at Toph*
Toph: *Glares back*

Just the very thought of it makes me laugh!

Banner made by me, do not steal! If you want to use it, ask me first.

Join my site! Avatar Dream (New custom skin up!)
someone198
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2006 09:32 am »

By the way, she reminds me of Tera in Teen Titans, also a earthbender girl joins the team in 2nd season. Unfortunately, she died at the season final. I hope Toph will not end her journey this way. I hope she stay with team till the series final, because I think it better be all four elements (Aang, Katara, Toph, Zuko) against Fire Nation in the final battle, not only the Avatar and Water tribes.
I was thinking the same thing. I think (or hope) the group swill be made of all 4 benders and Sokka, the resourceful non-bender (BTW, do they have a name in their world for people who aren't benders?). But I adhere to the widespread theory that Aang will tragically lose Toph somehow because Katara and Sokka have lost their mother and Yué, the subjects of their visions.
I hope for the characters' sake the death of a close friend won't turn into a Season finale tradition.
ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2006 09:41 am »

I don't think Toph will die... Remember, The Swamp vision for Aang was a time allusion (i or a?) of someone he would meet, not one of a person he lost...

Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2006 09:52 am »

Besides, Toph has to die sometime. Everyone does. Just maybe when they're like...90. xD

And if Toph somehow has to leave the group (I really, really, really hope not), then I'd put my money on those people taking her back to her family.

Good point about her having weakness from airbased things, TREK. I also think it'll be a part of future episodes.

Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

" 'OH MY GOD, NO WAI!' 'OH MY GOD, YES WAI!' "

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2006 10:11 am »

I really like Toph! though I was half expecting her to not show emotion in the face, since she's blind and all(she said born blind too)...wouldn't she not know how to make expressions? but she's a great addition to the team Cheesy she kicks so much butt, the way she see's reminds me of that movie "Dare Devil"

the good animation is baaaaack! or at least this episode looked better animated Cheesy made me happy

O my god, I thought the same exact thing about Dare Devil!! to bad ben affleck (sp?) is a morron and ruined the movie for me...

I had to wait so long to see this thing though, had to go to my brothers band night last night and had to watch it at 11, but it was really good! Toph is one of my new favorite chracters now, especially with that line she had...

Toph: [to Aang] no one wants to see two little girls fighting each other!

Ooohh, Aang's been pwned ^^. And ignite, if your little Toph and Katara glare thing does happen, I will be so happy. Oooo, Tention on Appa! And I still don't know why everyone  think's Toph's going to die soon! I mean, she just got here and already some people are planning her death bed?! What's up with that? Though, and I'll agree with some poeple, it could be the season finale tragity, because the writeres are very good at making that finale eppi, well, tragic.

Robot Mule
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2006 10:47 am »

Similarities between Terra and Toph
  • Both are earthbenders
  • Both came in the second season
  • Both are very powerfull
  • Both are really cute
  • Both have people after them
  • Both were instintly likable
  • Both have problems
  • Both make friends with the team

Fuzzy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2006 11:57 am »

^ You have a point, though I don't think that Toph is going to betray the team or anything, and I don't really think she's a Mary-Sue (not implying that you think either Terra or Toph are).

Hmm, I don't remember that line Lieselle...I'll have to go buy TBB and re-watch it. xD

ignite444
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2006 12:44 pm »

^ You have a point, though I don't think that Toph is going to betray the team or anything, and I don't really think she's a Mary-Sue (not implying that you think either Terra or Toph are).

Hmm, I don't remember that line Lieselle...I'll have to go buy TBB and re-watch it. xD

That was very funny when Toph said that then the audience went "Oooooooo....." I always crack up when I hear that!

Toph is officially one of my favorite characters. From the first time we saw her I fell in love with her character! She really is a good role model!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006 01:09 pm by ignite444 » Logged

Zarr
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2006 01:06 pm »

I loved this episode. Toph is so cool, and it's gonna be awesome now she's on the team. I also liked Sokka's whisper "Water Tribe..." thing. One of the things I disliked was how they sort of overused the slow-motion thing when Toph was fighting. It was cool the first couple of times, then it just got old. I loved that fight with the wrestler dudes, especially when she bounced that guy with the rock spire things. And looking forward to the next episode...

Haha, signature. What? Yeah.
TheBlindBandit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aang <3 Toph

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2006 02:36 pm »

I absolutly adored this episode. The best I've seen in a long time. It, and "The Cave of Two Lovers" is my favorite. ^_^

Yeah, I also thought a 12-year-old blind girl would be less cocky and conceited. Buty, I love it! Toph doesn't let her down-points bring her down! And she's connected to the Earth! She reminds me of myself and I love her! She also looks a bit like Hinata from "Naruto"...

Her and Aang look cute together, though, I'm sitll a huge A/K shipper. <3

*Points to my username* Yay!

"I'm not some sad little girl just waiting to be resuced! I wanted to be this way. I wanted to go with Slade. I wanted to annihilate you and your pathetic friends!" ~Terra
Sigpic removed for not changing it per moderator request. -Forau
Flopsie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Long Live King Bumi! xD

fangurl13 charmedspell_330
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2006 02:44 pm »

i love Toph cocky-ness xD she's so cool!i liked the end where sokka handed her the belt and it drop on top of her head.lols.love the tournament.go sokka!.

katara:this is just gonna be a bunce of guys chucking rock at each other is'nt?
sokka:thats what i paid for.

katara:i got my eye on you.
sokka:water tribe!!!
« Last Edit: May 06, 2006 04:44 pm by Flopsie » Logged

Loyal to the [Crazy] King Of Omashu
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2006 05:12 pm »

My first "10" of the season. I waited a day before posting to make sure my view didn't change. This episode rocked. I like Toph's character. She's dark, but original. Usually we get yet another goth or goth-like character, but not here.  Interesting to see them use Meng's voice (Jessie Flower).
Lieselle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

" 'OH MY GOD, NO WAI!' 'OH MY GOD, YES WAI!' "

Lady+Liesl+99
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2006 05:15 pm »

My first "10" of the season. I waited a day before posting to make sure my view didn't change. This episode rocked. I like Toph's character. She's dark, but original. Usually we get yet another goth or goth-like character, but not here.  Interesting to see them use Meng's voice (Jessie Flower).

O my god! I thought it was familiar! Cause when I heard it,  it kept bugging me the whole eppisode cause I was just like "Hm...where have I heard that voice before? Teen Titans, Danny Phantom-Full Metal Alchemist?!" But then I thought....Meng?! Well, if Toph calls Katara a floozy later on in the season, I won't be surprised ^^ Teehee.

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: