Sep 21, 2019 01:38 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 26 new episodes of Korra ordered [Confirmed!]  (Read 58332 times)
Upbeat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BROOOOLLLIIN.

« on: Jul 11, 2012 02:37 pm »

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/

EW released today that Legend of Korra book 2 is to have 26 episodes~!
« Last Edit: Jul 13, 2012 12:56 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Like my signature? Check out more of my work here.
Keeper of Korra's illegal fishes in 101.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2012 02:39 pm »

^ What? Is this reliable?

I thought the WHOLE series was supposed to be 26 episodes? Book one with 12 and the second with 14

Don't see how they could change that NOW. They've written everything already and it should be moving in production.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2012 02:41 pm by nukilik » Logged
Upbeat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BROOOOLLLIIN.

« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2012 02:41 pm »

^ What? Is this reliable?

I thought the WHOLE series was supposed to be 26 episodes
Actually, you're right. I misread.
Book 2 is going to have 14 episodes, sorry OTL

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2012 02:42 pm »

This has been known for a long time, so... yeah.

Unlocked since it seems it might be real after all.
« Last Edit: Jul 11, 2012 05:56 pm by NeeNee » Logged

Upbeat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BROOOOLLLIIN.

« Reply #4 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:24 pm »

There is going to be another 26 episodes of Korra! http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/ Please say this is real! Grin
FFSDFSDFSDFKSLDFJSKLDJFALSDKF
GDIT.

I made a thread about this but it was locked.
Uhm, there's a been a lot of confusion actually, about whether there will actually be 26 NEW episodes or just 14 new episodes which will make 26 in all for season 1.
That is the only site that says that there will be 26 episodes, but it was published today, so it could have been an update to the latest news. But nobody should get their hopes too high right now.

Boilingwatergirl
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The raging Bloodbender.

« Reply #5 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:27 pm »

There is going to be another 26 episodes of Korra! http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/11/legend-of-korra-second-season/ Please say this is real! Grin
GDIT.

Uhm, there's a been a lot of confusion actually, about whether there will actually be 26 NEW episodes or just 14 new episodes which will make 26 in all for season 1.
That is the only site that says that there will be 26 episodes, but it was published today, so it could have been an update to the latest news. But nobody should get their hopes too high right now.
I read your thread, then realised that I probably had the wrong end of the stick. Tumblr hype does that to you Wink But we can dream!

THANK YOU guitarfreak for the amazing sig.
Keeper of Noatok defending Tarrlok and Tarrloks' "Put an end to this sad story"
fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:31 pm »

GDIT.

I was very confused by that article. It says that the first season already finished and says next season will start next year. But in addition to this, it says they order 26 more episodes. I'm still reeling at the possibilities.
fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:37 pm »

Oh shoot. Relooking at the article, it seems as if there will be an additional 26 episodes in addition to the 26 that we already knew about. It says in the article that they will add an additional season of 26 episodes calling this first book of 12 and the next book of 14 episodes the first season comprising the "original 26-episode order" by nick.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #8 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:41 pm »

^That article is written incredibly weird. What I thought they were trying to say is that nick ordered 14 episodes of S2 which comes out to 26 episodes in all. But I don't know why they're announcing that now since we've known that before the show even started. (Unless thats not what they're trying to say)

Sigs are for the weak
Upbeat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BROOOOLLLIIN.

« Reply #9 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:44 pm »

Actually, I think that the only thing that that article is confirming is that there will be a season 2.

fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:45 pm »

^^ thats what i thought too. Relooking at the wording though, they say the group of 14 episodes to come next year would finish the "original 26-episode order" which can mean the group of 26 they talk about is not part of the original order of 26 that we know. I can get my hopes up
fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:47 pm »

Actually, I think that the only thing that that article is confirming is that there will be a season 2.

The article calls the first book of 12 episodes that just finished season 1, book 1. They call the next book of 14 episodes season 1, book 2. So when they say they will make another season i think they mean in addition to the 26 episodes we already know? I dont kno now i give up Tongue
TheDanish
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:47 pm »

Here's a twitter post about it from Dan Snierson (the guy who wrote the article):

https://twitter.com/dansnierson

He says:

"It's tricky. "Season 1, Book 2" airs in 2013, part of the original 26-episode order. This new 26-ep order is for "Season 2.""

So it looks like what we have already seen is "Season 1 Book 1," and the upcoming 14 episodes are "Season 1 Book 2," and then AFTER THAT, we have another 26 episodes.

So HELZ YEA

My writing blog, for all my fanfiction, original fiction, essays, thoughts, discussions, what have you:

http://self-moving-soul.tumblr.com/
fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:48 pm »

^ IF THIS IS THE CASE, JUMP FOR JOOOYYYY
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #14 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:54 pm »

^^Woah, woah... What? S1 Book two? I'm so confused!

Sigs are for the weak
Upbeat
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

BROOOOLLLIIN.

« Reply #15 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:56 pm »

Season 1 Book 2 will have 14 episodes.
All of Season 2 will have 26 episodes.

TheDanish
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #16 on: Jul 11, 2012 03:58 pm »

Yes.  If I'm reading it right:
-The 12 episodes that have already aired will be called "Season 1 Book 1"
-The upcoming 14 episodes we already knew about will be called "Season 1 Book 2"
-These 26 new episodes will be called "Season 2," though we don't know how they will be split into books

My writing blog, for all my fanfiction, original fiction, essays, thoughts, discussions, what have you:

fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:00 pm »

Yes.  If I'm reading it right:
-The 12 episodes that have already aired will be called "Season 1 Book 1"
-The upcoming 14 episodes we already knew about will be called "Season 1 Book 2"
-These 26 new episodes will be called "Season 2," though we don't know how they will be split into books

Thats what i derived from the article. I will raise my glass half way because of the doubt though!
TheDanish
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:02 pm »

Thats what i derived from the article. I will raise my glass half way because of the doubt though!

I too will remain slightly skeptical, but considering how well the show has done and the high ratings it's received, I'm not at all surprised.  I'm willing to bet money our interpretations are correct.

iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #19 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:02 pm »

So, pretty much the second part of season one?

I hope they elaborate on this at SDCC if its true....

Sigs are for the weak
LittleBigPerson
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One does not simply deny Sackboy's adorable smile

« Reply #20 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:06 pm »

Holy sh....

That is pretty dang awesome. Grin

It does have me curious about how Season 2 will be done.  Will it be split into two books like Season 1?  Or are they gonna go for a more Avatar approach by having one consistent story running through?

Either way, this has me excited! Grin

Keeper of Tenzin's glorious beard, Korra's "Woo Hoo!", and Aang's "Everything is Connected."  Toph13139 and I are twins, even our hugs are fueled by twin power. Grin
fudgedragon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:13 pm »

Holy sh....

That is pretty dang awesome. Grin

It does have me curious about how Season 2 will be done.  Will it be split into two books like Season 1?  Or are they gonna go for a more Avatar approach by having one consistent story running through?

Either way, this has me excited! Grin

Dont get your hopes up though. It is still unclear whether the article had it wrong/it was written incorrectly because it does seem pretty confusing and the writer himself admits that he was confused. I wouldn't be surprised that what we speculate is not the truth. shouldnt get our hopes up just yet
pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:16 pm »

YES, YES, YES.
THE MORE KORRA THE BETTER. I hope we get some fluff in these new 26 episodes. Tongue

Perhaps they will put the first 12 and later 14 together to make Book 1, and then have the NEW 26 episodes ordered be Book 2.

wei is bae
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #23 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:17 pm »

Wait...what?

OH GOD I HOPE THIS IS TRUE!! True that the 14 episodes are still the first season and the 26 episodes are the next season!

But considering our luck as a fandom, it probably isn't true. My expectations are not going to be through the roof next time, probably second floor.

pyue
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: Jul 11, 2012 04:20 pm »

52 episodes! FIFTY-TWO.
We don't have to worry about not having anything Avatar related for a while, it sounds like.

BUT I AM SO HAPPY. Cheesy EEEEEEE.

wei is bae
Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: