Nov 17, 2019 09:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korra's airbending being unlocked  (Read 1350 times)
Goodfella
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

On the Isle of Sanity

« on: Jun 25, 2012 06:14 pm »

I wasn't sure if this should be in another topic or not mods but if it should be, sorry!

Anyway, I've been thinking about something. One of the common critiques about the finale was how Korra managed to get past her block and finally make more than even just a simple puff of air. Personally, I think it came from a mix of factors she finally got past her block:

-Korra's training isn't really showcased after 102 but based on 103 with her practicing with the screens and the conversation she has with Tenzin in 108, we know she's been keeping up and at least understands all the forms. She at least knows how to move and think like an air bender.
-Korra becoming more spiritual. The air nomads were all air benders, partially because they're very spiritual people, and Korra was learning to do small steps to head in that direction, like admitting her fears in 104, her learning to be more patient, finally sitting down to meditate and reach out for help in 109, and of course the finale where when she was "at least lowest" she called out to her past selves and was open to their help/interference.
-Desperation. Goes with the "lowest point" thing I guess.

The one thing I haven't seen suggested yet though is what the air chakra represents. Air is said to be represented by love and Korra's air bending was activated by her trying to save Mako. While I know people will point out they're both teenagers and the Makorra relationship is flawed, in universe Korra loves Mako. Anyone else have a feeling that might have played a part in getting her past her block? Or just the other stuff? Or was Korra getting her airbending just something that shouldn't have happened/made no sense?
Tha0ne
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #1 on: Jun 25, 2012 06:26 pm »

I do believe it is related to the air chakra now that I think of it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: