Dec 09, 2019 08:44 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search Part 2 - Speculation (DO NOT post spoilers for Part 2!)  (Read 336116 times)
NoName999
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

World's Greatest Voidbender

« Reply #5525 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:34 pm »

^We don't truly know that, yet.

Jesus Christ. Can we at least wait until part 3?

azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5526 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:37 pm »

Remembering how awful The Promise in general was, I'd rather expect the worse. But there is still hope.

I enjoyed the Promise and I think The Search is much better.  Undecided

The Search is better, true. But The Promise came far too OOC and too rushed to be really good. For the story it told it should have more build up, at the least.

My point is, after having read the entire second issue, there's no doubt in my mind which direction they're heading as far as Zuko's parentage goes. When Aang isn't buying it and saying the exact same thing about Ozai that I've been saying, then that's a pretty big clue and the interactions between Ursa and Ozai don't prove anything. Ursa doesn't even know what Ozai is talking about.

Okay, I call it now. How much goes that the matter won't be resolved: a. never, b. in the next trilogy?

I have to agree with this, Everybody keep saying that they should make a miniseries and these are two examples of why right here

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5527 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:39 pm »

I realize most people think that Ikem being Zuko's father ruins the whole symbolism and story and message, but I think the real message stays the same (not to let your heritage decide your self worth) and I'm quite happy with the story so far.

Like FOXP2 said, the problem is that he didn't have that heritage to begin with. The journey is there. Struggle is. And then, after the general end you're suddenly presented with 'Huh, what a shame he didn't knew earlier. Dear, you don't have to worry, you're only Roku's grandson'. That's my issue.

So far, Zuko is the only one telling himself  "Huh, what a shame I didn't know earlier. Guess this means I don't have to worry, I'm only Roku's grandson." Well, him and Azula (in a way). Sure maybe it turns out that Zuko didn't have that heritage to begin with, but at the time, Zuko believed Ozai's heritage is his and that's what matters because that is what was getting in his way of becoming who he was meant to be at the time. Now he's doing it again with this unknown Ikem heritage; he's letting it get in the way of who he is meant to be and what the world needs.

Zuko really just doesn't want to have this responsibility.

Okay, I call it now. How much goes that the matter won't be resolved: a. never, b. in the next trilogy?

they don't need to answer the question to make this point. I could see that happening to drive the point home, but really I don't think they would actually leave the question unanswered for the sake of concluding the story.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5528 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:47 pm »

Does it actually matter either way?

We know he's going to keep the title anyway.
ozai's going to spend with him his life locked up.

If anything not been related would be a plus

please support The Search - An Avatar: The Last Airbender Film http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-search-an-avatar-the-last-airbender-film
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5529 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:54 pm »

Zuko story was bigger then zuko, it was an issue of overcoming nature verse nurture, that one could choose to override their impulses with morality even if those impulses are imbued into you before you were even born... of course now zuko was not born bad, he was born good he never choose to be good.
azure_flame
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5530 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:57 pm »

It's about the choice he makes regardless of what his ancestry is.
Who he is related to doesn't change who he is

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #5531 on: Jul 03, 2013 05:58 pm »

So has Part 2 been completely released now?

Because in that case, we will open the thread for it. This topic was meant for speculation.

Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5532 on: Jul 03, 2013 06:06 pm »

^Yes, I found where you can buy it. It is available to buy and read now in the iBooks app for the iPad.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
FOXP2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5533 on: Jul 03, 2013 06:11 pm »

It's about the choice he makes regardless of what his ancestry is.
Who he is related to doesn't change who he is

In the avatarverse it certainly does! Remember what Iroh said in the episode "The avatar and the fireloard"

"Sozin was your father's grandfather, your mother's grandfather was avatar Roku! ... Because understanding the struggle between your two great grandfathers can help you better understand the battle within your self. Evil and God are always at war inside you Zuko, it is in your nature, your legacy, but there is a bright side, what happen generations ago can be resolved now, by you! Because of your legacy you alone can cleanse the sins of our family, born within you, along with all the strife, is the power to restore balance to the world"

Total BS now. Ikem is his father and thus Sozin is not his grandfather (unless their is some crazy linage stuff that is missing) thus there is no struggle between his grandfathers, evil and good are not at war within him as a matter of his nature, and there is no cleansing of sins for a family he is not related to, world balance is restore by an usurper.  

Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #5534 on: Jul 03, 2013 06:21 pm »

^ ^ ^

Nothing's been confirmed. Ursa's exact words to Ozai are "Don't be a fool."

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #5535 on: Jul 03, 2013 06:22 pm »

Plus, we have to keep in mind that just because the characters believe it doesn't mean it's true. From what I've heard, we still don't have an explanation for how Ursa was magically impregnated by Ikem after they had already parted.

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #5536 on: Jul 03, 2013 06:24 pm »

Alright, then.

Since Part 2 has been released, please continue talking about its content in these threads:
- [DH Comics #5] The Search, Part 2
- Zuko's History (The Search Part 1 & 2 Spoilers!)

This thread will be reserved for speculation about Part 3.

Change of plans: this thread will be kept for speculation about Part 2 for people who haven't read the book yet.

Speculation about Part 3 goes here:
The Search Part 3 - Speculation [Expected 30 Oct '13]

PLEASE REMEMBER NOT TO POST SPOILERS ANYMORE IN THIS THREAD.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2013 10:09 pm by NeeNee » Logged

Canthre
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5537 on: Jul 04, 2013 03:52 am »

So far, Zuko is the only one telling himself  "Huh, what a shame I didn't know earlier. Guess this means I don't have to worry, I'm only Roku's grandson." Well, him and Azula (in a way). Sure maybe it turns out that Zuko didn't have that heritage to begin with, but at the time, Zuko believed Ozai's heritage is his and that's what matters because that is what was getting in his way of becoming who he was meant to be at the time. Now he's doing it again with this unknown Ikem heritage; he's letting it get in the way of who he is meant to be and what the world needs.

Zuko really just doesn't want to have this responsibility.

they don't need to answer the question to make this point. I could see that happening to drive the point home, but really I don't think they would actually leave the question unanswered for the sake of concluding the story.

I'll give my opinion about his actions when I read the comic, but I can believe Zuko went into overreacting, because, simply, he's a drama queen. So, I guess his reactions are alright? For him, of course.

As for heritage: as I said, I see where your point comes from. And it's right, because - by in-world view - what mostly count's is Zuko own opinion and decision. But, in out-world view. As you say, Zuko's story was about choosing his upbringing, deciding that he won't let heritage rule over him. And that's right, but making him a bastard both undermine this choice (for a viewer, and definately shakes Zuko as well), since there was no such heritage to begin with. The message says: he was afraid he'll end like Ozai, but he didn't and now you know he won't! Genetics play big role in creating the person, however how big is their influence is propably individual. I'm sure that Zuko's character itself won't change because of his different fatherhood, because he's already his own person. But for me the undertone stays. No 'homicidal' genes. Even no 'firebending prodigy' genes. Unlike Azula Zuko came out good, and that's the reason why.
I would agree that this plot-twist made more sense if either Zuko was an evil character, or if there was possibility of Azula being illegitimate. As of now, it doesn't bring anything in *shrugs*

Not to mention, the eridaction of Sozin's line from the throne gets me. HARD.   

Okay, technically nothing is confirmed yet, so it's, uh, still speculations.
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #5538 on: Jul 04, 2013 07:34 am »

~snip~
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2013 08:33 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #5539 on: Jul 04, 2013 08:32 am »

We said NO spoilers for Part 2 in this thread! If you want to talk about part 2, do so in the official thread.

If you want to speculate about Part 3, do so in the appropriate thread.

This thread is for speculation for Part 2 for those who have NOT read it yet. We will lock this thread a month after it has been released on Amazon.com and in book stores.

Please read the thread title before commenting!
« Last Edit: Jul 04, 2013 08:36 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #5540 on: Jul 04, 2013 08:47 am »

Ooops... Sorry, it was a misclick Embarrassed...

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
mike50333
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'Zula's still runnin' this, fools!

« Reply #5541 on: Jul 07, 2013 11:31 pm »

There's a leaked version of the comic floating around...somewhere...thathostsvideosorsoemthignpleasedonthurtme...

Korra is Best Avatar!  You gotta Deal With It!

Quote of the month:

Quote from: Sarcastic Master
I hate that Fred came on after Korra. I actually saw a stupid second of it... A second! I will never get that second back!

T:LOK Keeps: Equalist Battle Cruiser
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #5542 on: Jul 08, 2013 04:02 am »

There's a leaked version of the comic floating around...somewhere...thathostsvideosorsoemthignpleasedonthurtme...

This is not the first time you have done this. Permanent ban for good. I hope no one else will pull this stunt. All of you are warned.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Apex
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ASN's Hiei

« Reply #5543 on: Jul 08, 2013 12:13 pm »

Where are you guy finding the Search 2? Where can I buy it?

Breakfast at Tophs
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

love is watching someone die

« Reply #5544 on: Jul 08, 2013 12:41 pm »

You can buy it on amazon, but it's still in pre order.

Sig and Avie by the very lovely Georgie
Proud keeper of Narook\'s seaweed noodlery
ByStorm
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Look with favor upon a bold beginning.

« Reply #5545 on: Jul 16, 2013 08:35 pm »

I'll wait until the Search Trilogy comes out in general, though I will buy the third Promise sometime in the future.

Do they have digital versions of these comics or what?

"For after this manner in the old time the holy women also, who trusted God, adorned themselves, being in subjection to their owl husbands." - The Owl Bible , 1 Strigidae Bubo 3:5. Taken from a typo in 1 Peter 3:5.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #5546 on: Jul 17, 2013 02:51 pm »

How much longer is this thread going to be up before it is locked? I already got my copy from Amazon last weekend.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #5547 on: Jul 17, 2013 02:56 pm »

I'm still waiting for mine, so not yet.

EDIT:
It's been a month, so locking.
« Last Edit: Aug 09, 2013 04:14 pm by NeeNee » Logged

Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: