Apr 24, 2014 08:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search Part 2 - Speculation (DO NOT post spoilers for Part 2!)  (Read 157070 times)
tophness
Professional Penguin Sledder

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #500 on: Jul 09, 2012 11:20 pm »

Yeah. That's what I'm scared of happening.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
proudinfidel

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #501 on: Jul 10, 2012 12:16 am »

Somebody tweak this girls Lithium...please.  She's WAY too manic.
luvavatar

« Reply #502 on: Jul 10, 2012 12:37 am »

I'm guessing the mental health hospital is pretty poor. From the wording "we'll see what a prolonged stay in a Fire Nation mental institution does to a person", it's kind of implying that Azula's treatment will be for the worse. Now I wish she was put into a prison, probably would have been somewhat kinder than what she will have faced.
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #503 on: Jul 10, 2012 12:51 am »

I'm guessing the mental health hospital is pretty poor. From the wording "we'll see what a prolonged stay in a Fire Nation mental institution does to a person", it's kind of implying that Azula's treatment will be for the worse. Now I wish she was put into a prison, probably would have been somewhat kinder than what she will have faced.

Ugh! I can see the rape comics comin' a mile away...

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
kikyou1

I am what I am.

« Reply #504 on: Jul 10, 2012 12:54 am »

Lets be honest... would Azula let someone take advantage of her even while she is not mentaly healthy? I honestly don't think so. She would be breathing fire at them before they got 5 steps in to her personal bubble.

Click signature for free gfx.
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member

« Reply #505 on: Jul 10, 2012 01:00 am »

You'd be surprised what fans can dish up out of their imaginations. There was a guy on tumblr selling his Korra rape doujinshi to raise money for school.

kikyou1

I am what I am.

« Reply #506 on: Jul 10, 2012 01:10 am »

^

They are not fans if they are willing to put characters through something like that. It's disturbing.

Also I remember reading in the boards that it has a pg 13. So I also don't think you should be bringing this things up in the first place. We have to remember there are kids reading our posts.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012 01:15 am by kikyou1 » Logged

Click signature for free gfx.
Mahaanus

« Reply #507 on: Jul 10, 2012 04:37 am »

Ugh! I can see the rape comics comin' a mile away...

Please, as if they didn't came out years ago.

On an unrelated note, I think it would be the height of irony if the asylum turned out to be some kind of horror house. Why? Remember when Iroh and Zuko were chased by Azula and the dilemma came out what to chose "risk being captured by Azula or the Earth Kingdom"? Remember what happened to Iroh and Suki? Yup, nothing - they were locked away and that was it, the moment we saw them they were in perfect health (alright one of Iroh's guard was a d*ck, but considering Ming, that was more of a coincidence than something planned). So wouldn't it be just the high of irony that Azula's prisoner's were treated somewhat well, while she was treated to a massive gut punch of pain?

Strangely I'd consider it in-character for Zuko, to turn things for the worst (well, even worse than it already was with his sister) before actually fixing things.
blorgy555

« Reply #508 on: Jul 10, 2012 05:59 am »

The things is, how crazy was Azula really? During her hallucination, she throws the brush at the mirror, not at where her image of Ursa. To me, this indicates that she knows that she is hallucinating; she knows that she has lost her mind. This, however, becomes a variation of the famous Catch-22: How insane is she if she knows she is insane?

I think that in the end, Azula was not only responsible for her descent into madness, but was aware of it, and even chose it. Why? Because she had lost everything and everyone. She had nothing, except her own power, and so decided that Mai, Ty Lee, her mother, brother and even father were nothing to her, and that they hadn't hurt her, but she knew perfectly well that this wasn't true. This cognitive dissonance causes her meltdown, and she's happy to go along with it as long as she doesn't have to admit how much pain she is in.

If she is aware of and chose this insanity, she is just as capable of escaping from it. My point is this: If we ever see a sane Azula she will be humble and (maybe) redeemed; she will not go "back to her old ways", but will have accepted her own weaknesses and vulnerabilities. Or we'll just never see a sane Azula again.

Still, I'm not sure what to make of her sinister expression on the cover art.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012 06:02 am by blorgy555 » Logged
KpKimberly

Azula ist die wertvollste.

« Reply #509 on: Jul 10, 2012 06:35 am »

The things is, how crazy was Azula really? During her hallucination, she throws the brush at the mirror, not at where her image of Ursa. To me, this indicates that she knows that she is hallucinating; she knows that she has lost her mind. This, however, becomes a variation of the famous Catch-22: How insane is she if she knows she is insane?

You should read Sozin's Comet The Final Battle. You can find out what Azula thinks.
Is that…my mother? Is she standing behind me? Well, I won’t face her; she doesn’t deserve it. ...
"I didn’t want to miss my own daughter’s coronation. "Oh, right. Like after all this time I’m supposed to believe that she loves me.
"Even you fear me." But I now she doesn’t. ...
“No, I love you Azula. I do.” Liar! I can’t listen to her anymore. I can’t! AHH! The mirror, it shattered…There’s no one there. My mother, she's gone! Have I been talking to myself the whole time? What’s wrong with me?
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012 06:37 am by KpKimberly » Logged

Sorry for my grammar.
blorgy555

« Reply #510 on: Jul 10, 2012 06:38 am »

I see... Well, I guess we'll have to read the Search, now won't we. I'm still under the impression, even after reading that, that she knows, on a subconscious level at least, that she's gone nuts.
Mahaanus

« Reply #511 on: Jul 10, 2012 07:01 am »

I see... Well, I guess we'll have to read the Search, now won't we. I'm still under the impression, even after reading that, that she knows, on a subconscious level at least, that she's gone nuts.

Well, if she admits to herself that there's something wrong with her, then she may acknowledge her mental instability.
proudinfidel

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #512 on: Jul 10, 2012 10:53 am »

Well, if she admits to herself that there's something wrong with her, then she may acknowledge her mental instability.

Most of the patients I've seen in clinic know there is something wrong with them.  That's why they take their drugs and come in for checkups, but then again they're good about taking their meds.  I think her recovery depends upon how complaint she is with her treatments. 
MelodicMarzipan
Banned Member

Call me Marzi, why don't ya?

« Reply #513 on: Jul 10, 2012 10:58 am »

Why are we talking about rape? O_o

Keeper of Noatak's face paint and Pabu's roar.

OC Art
AtoMaki

ENTP

« Reply #514 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:09 am »

Why are we talking about rape? O_o

Maybe because of this.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Mahaanus

« Reply #515 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:12 am »

Nick has a say in the comic book creation, no way are they going to allow rape in there.

Then again I didn't think they'd allow the Amon/Tarrlok boat explosion.

Congratulations, right now I am contemplating Azula being turned into a rape victim, I hope you are proud of yourself.
AtoMaki

ENTP

« Reply #516 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:17 am »

Congratulations, right now I am contemplating Azula being turned into a rape victim, I hope you are proud of yourself.

Hey, don't take it that hard. These kind of ideas are kinda' natural in this fandom (just ask Suki)  Wink.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member

« Reply #517 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:20 am »

Hey, don't take it that hard. These kind of ideas are kinda' natural in this fandom (just ask Suki)  Wink.

Beat me to it.

While I don't think Nick would allow such a think to be too strongly implied, that doesn't mean shows don't leave room intentionally or unintentionally open for speculation on the fans' part. Zucest is a testament to that.

Also, I always felt that the scene in the Boiling Rock where Sokka tries to "remind" Suki who he is was a little...suggestive, but maybe my mind is just a little darker.
« Last Edit: Jul 10, 2012 11:24 am by Spirit of Flame » Logged

Random_Stranger

I'm a Halo fan. Deal with it!

« Reply #518 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:27 am »

^as a result of certain explicit details being mentiond, I am now face palming

Soldiers never die.
fireywaters

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #519 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:47 am »

I don't about rape, but I could see Azula be in such an mentally weaken state, that someone would take advantage of that and attack her, a real bad guy that is the Zhao to Azula's Zuko. Than Zuko or someone else like Ursa, Mai, Ty Lee, or even Katara saves her.

I have an idea, how about if Ozai strangled Azula. He berates her for being a failure, for wanting her mother's love, and than strangles her. Yeah I know Ozai has no bending, Azula should be able to take him, but Azula reveals Ozai, and too mentally to realise that he has no power over her anymore. Than Zuko or someone can save her. I would love it if it was Ursa, but I don't know what she could do. Mai and Ty Lee would be another awesome choice. Azula treated them like weapons, just like Ozai treated Azula like a weapon, so in a way things come full circle.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Mahaanus

« Reply #520 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:48 am »

Let's change topic and pretend this never happened.

Do you think Ozai will tell Zuko what happened to Ursa, or another source? In fact, do you think Ozai will somewhat redeem himself by the end of "The Promise"?
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member

« Reply #521 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:56 am »

Do you think Ozai will tell Zuko what happened to Ursa, or another source? In fact, do you think Ozai will somewhat redeem himself by the end of "The Promise"?

I think Zuko will get furious at him and threaten him with bodily harm, thinking he can intimidate Ozai into telling him, and instead of being frightened, Ozai congratulates Zuko in a wicked manner and gives a piece of information as a "reward" for his "progress." Final scene of Ozai is of him laughing as Zuko leaves, slightly uncomfortable by Ozai's words.

AtoMaki

ENTP

« Reply #522 on: Jul 10, 2012 11:59 am »

Actually, at this point, Ozai's best chance for freedom is Ursa. Funny, but true  Cheesy.

My fanficions.
Mahaanus

« Reply #523 on: Jul 10, 2012 12:00 pm »

I have an idea, how about if Ozai strangled Azula. He berates her for being a failure, for wanting her mother's love, and than strangles her. Yeah I know Ozai has no bending, Azula should be able to take him, but Azula reveals Ozai, and too mentally to realise that he has no power over her anymore. Than Zuko or someone can save her.

I really don't see someone else saving her, I just don't think Mai or Ty Lee care enough, but yeah, that's a possible subdued scenario.

I think Zuko will get furious at him and threaten him with bodily harm, thinking he can intimidate Ozai into telling him, and instead of being frightened, Ozai congratulates Zuko in a wicked manner and gives a piece of information as a "reward" for his "progress." Final scene of Ozai is of him laughing as Zuko leaves, slightly uncomfortable by Ozai's words.

That'd go well with Ozai's character. Although it would be fun if it turns out in "The Search" that the info provided by Ozai was false but they still get on track anyway.

Actually, at this point, Ozai's best chance for freedom is Ursa. Funny, but true  Cheesy.

How?
AtoMaki

ENTP

« Reply #524 on: Jul 10, 2012 12:03 pm »

How?

If Ozai could somehow reconcile with Ursa, Zuko would be powerless against him.

My fanficions.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: