Dec 08, 2019 10:32 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Search Part 2 - Speculation (DO NOT post spoilers for Part 2!)  (Read 336097 times)
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #25 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:37 pm »

Not to be the downer here, but I'm really not feeling this since it is being written by Gene Yang. I honestly believe this story will end up very shallow just like The Promise was. Wouldn't surprise me if they end up finding Ursa in some secret basement under the Fire Lord's palace.

It could be worse, at least it is not written by M. Night Shyamalan, I can only imagine what that would be like.

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
Ooze33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Back from the dead?

« Reply #26 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:38 pm »

I think I'm in the minority who's actually enjoying The Promise, so I have high hopes for this new series. I guess it'll be published through 2013 like The Promise was for this year.

Fugitiva has a point- that coverart picture makes her look...frightening.

She's just coming to give Aang and Zuko a hug. A painful, electrifyed hug, but it's progress! Cheesy

I Keep: Aunt Wu's headpiece, Lin Beifong's scar, The Lieutenant's kali sticks, and The Cabbage Merchant's Statue
gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #27 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:39 pm »

Azula: I had you fooled all along! I was pretending to be human when I really am a 400 foot tall purple platypus bear with silver wings-. Thats how Toph couldn't sense I was lying! It was the truth!

M Night: What a twist!

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #28 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:40 pm »

I sure hope M&B are having some involvement! I'm still excited, even though I'm not that enthusiastic about the Promise anymore. The characters don't seem to be like themselves in those books...

BUT if this means we'll get answers (after...4 years) than gosh darnit, I'll learn to deal...for URSA!

I don't want Azula to turn evil again though...but in that picture...awww.. Sad

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #29 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:46 pm »

Maybe she wants to find Ursa for herself? Maybe she's jealous of Zuko and wants to be the one that finds their mother? Or maybe she sweet-talked her way into tagging along, telling Zuko that "she's her mother too, and that she'd also want to see her as well as Zuko". She does look rather menacing though... I can't see her being let out if she's still "evil" though.

Beyond the title of the book, is there anything you can tell fans about the storyline of "The Search" and where it'll take Team Avatar?

I've always loved the supernatural elements of the Avatarverse. The

Season 1 finale was one of my favorite sequences in the series. We didn't really do much supernatural in "The Promise" since that story was focused on the political ramifications of the War's end. But I'm happy to say, writing "The Search" is giving me the chance to explore that side of Aang and his world.

Supernatural? Is she going to be like dead and they have to go to the Spirit World or something? O__o;;

Please no, I won't be able to take it seriously.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
horizioncat120
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:49 pm »

I have a good feeling Azula is going to be good in the end. I mean the girl has suffered enough. Does anyone remember "The Beach"? When talking about her mother a hint of humanity came out in her.

Let's give her a group hug!!! (If she doesn't kill us anyway) Cheesy

The Rebel and The Princess~ Hc120
Firenation2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:54 pm »

I look to this comic with optimism not because I think The Promise is good (I haven't read it but read plenty of arguments over it around here), but because as long as it's not painfully terrible it's all fine. And if it's good, that's even better!

I'm digging this art style.

Do the thing.
fireywaters
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Peace on Avatar, before peace in real life

« Reply #32 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:55 pm »

If Azula is let out and reformed a bit, I can still think that Ursa is the one person that get Azula to go crazy again. I hope Azula at least appologies to Ty Lee. Those two are two of my favorites and to see when Azula mistreats Ty Lee it hurts me inside. Even if it is just a Brian Griffen appology which I think would be in character of Azula. "I am sorry I didn't react better to yourbetrayl, to you stabbing me in the back. And I didn't react better to you being an incompedent fool. I am sorry" "That is as close as it gets (to an appology)." "Yup". In case you don't what I am talking about. Here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BuHzStLmSEc
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012 03:13 pm by fireywaters » Logged

Peace between the Fire Nation and the other nations, before peace in our world
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #33 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:58 pm »

If Azula is let out and reformed a bit, I can still think that Ursa is the one person that get Azula to go crazy again.

Hah, i just wanted to notice, but Ursa also seems a little bit... sinister on that pic. So evil!Ursa. I'm totally in  Cheesy.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Cerulean
Global Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Jun 25, 2012 02:59 pm »

Supernatural? Is she going to be like dead and they have to go to the Spirit World or something? O__o;;

Please no, I won't be able to take it seriously.

Hmm, I wonder if there will be a descent into the underworld aspect to it? Zuko needs Aang to be the liaison to the Spirit World so that he can somehow save his mother.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #35 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:01 pm »

I always thought it would've made sense for Katara to be the one going with Zuko to find his mom. After all, Zuko helped her with her mommy issues, I always thought Katara would do the same. Also, she knows what it feels like and would understand how Zuko has to do anything in his power to get his mother back.

Or Toph because she never got her Zuko field trip.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #36 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:04 pm »

I always thought it would've made sense for Katara to be the one going with Zuko to find his mom.

There was one scene of Suki and Zuko interacting and it's causing everyone to freak out about shipping and thinking that Suzuki will happen. What do you think would happen if Katara went on a long emotional trip with Zuko?

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #37 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:05 pm »

I always thought it would've made sense for Katara to be the one going with Zuko to find his mom.

There was one scene of Suki and Zuko interacting and it's causing everyone to freak out about shipping and thinking that Suzuki will happen. What do you think would happen if Katara went on a long emotional trip with Zuko?

Never mind, Aang is more than welcome to accompany Zuko.
XD

AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #38 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:06 pm »

What do you think would happen if Katara went on a long emotional trip with Zuko?

Nothing. Korra slew Zutara and left it on a dirty patch of snow to die in agony.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #39 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:11 pm »

Never mind, Aang is more than welcome to accompany Zuko.

ZUKAANG!!!

Tongue

Nothing. Korra slew Zutara and left it on a dirty patch of snow to die in agony.
That wouldn't stop people from imagining that Kataang broke up for a while and Zutara happened for a few months Tongue

TheAeroAvatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:23 pm »

Whoo!!!!! This news has just made my day! We're finally going to learn: What happened to Zuko's Mother! WHOO!!!!!
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #41 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:26 pm »

Oh oh oh!!

What if during this series is when Aang finds that hidden surviving herd of skybison?

Luna
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ah, the sound of dying.

« Reply #42 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:28 pm »

I'm excited for the comic, honestly!
I just hope that the characters are true to themselves and that the dialoug isn't awkward. :3

It's a classic sig that I can never let go of|I still keep my keeps :]|♥♥♥ Kuzai ♥ Urzai ♥♥♥|President of the Azulon Fan Club|
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #43 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:32 pm »

^^ If that part is going to be in this book, if Aang cries when he finds all those sky bison, then so will I Smiley

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #44 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:43 pm »

What if Iroh knew the entire time and that's why we haven't seen him in The Promise because he feels bad and Zuko comes to ask him and he's just like "lol oh yeah, she's ______".

Mahaanus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:49 pm »

I cannot express how pleased I am with this information.

First, I am glad it will be focused on Zuko and Azula instead of the Gaang, Ursa is a family business and personal, the other characters don't have to do as much with her as these two.

Second, I love the fact that they are making more comic books. I would love to seem The Search validated in LoK Season 2 as The Promise was in Season 1.

Third, I am glad to see Gene on-board. A few words here, I believe most of his characters are on the spot. Zuko is cracking under pressure, not regressing, this is to be expected he is not prepared to lead a country, expecting him to go from zero to the greatest ruler there ever was is absurd, especially with Iroh out of the picture. Also, I agree that the "I kill you" part with Aang was somewhat OOC, but in every other instance the Avatar is...well, he is himself.

Forth, it seems like Azula would be rocking the boat between villain and protagonist, same as Zuko. This is good, redemption (even that of the soul) is not an easy process in the Avatar world. For Iroh it took the death of his son AND a visit to the spirit world. For Zuko it took Season 2 and the half of season 3. If Azula just turned good like that it would be...cheap. As it is I expect the mental institution to have fixed her a little(probably we'll see a few comments "I blame therapy" style), but she will most likely fight her demons until Ursa is found at which point she will finally turn good guy. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point in the comic we have the "crossroad of destiny" moment.

Fifth, I am GLAD to see more Azula, choo-choo to the future.

Sixth, please, please, please, be a 20 page monthly release, I prefer it to 80 pages every four months.

Recent events have drawn me out of my hole.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #46 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:55 pm »

Oh my, this excites me. Cheesy

Am I the only one who thinks Aang looks about 15 on the cover? Yes? No? Lobster with butter? Either way, he's still entirely good looking. Grin

Aaaaaand, it's time for me to be a downer. I'm not looking forward to having Azula be part of the story, because chances are she's gonna escape from the facility or something, a la cliche fanfic, and she may just get redeemed, a la shoot myself in the face. -_-

I don't have high hopes for how I will react to Azula in this comic, which saddens me, because I still have high hopes for Gene Yang, and almost no one does anymore.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
Mahaanus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jun 25, 2012 03:59 pm »

Just so we are clear on this one, The Promise is braining in loads and loads of cash, the ratings are sky-high. What you see with Gene is a misguided fan-hate by people who still enjoy the comic, go to bash online and buy the next part anyway.

The majority of the people, who do not visit forums, enjoy the books.

Recent events have drawn me out of my hole.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #48 on: Jun 25, 2012 04:00 pm »

That's the thing, if it really is Azula breaking out of the asylum and trying to deter Zuko and Aang from finding Mommy....er...that would just be the most stereotypical post-war Avatar fanfiction ever.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #49 on: Jun 25, 2012 04:03 pm »

Am I the only one who thinks Aang looks about 15 on the cover? Yes? No? Lobster with butter? Either way, he's still entirely good looking. Grin

Well, when ATLA ends, he's 13. Most of "The Promise" happens one year later, so he's 14. "The Search" starts immediately after "The Promise" but we don't know how long it lasts, so he could end up being 15 at some point during that comic.

Just so we are clear on this one, The Promise is braining in loads and loads of cash, the ratings are sky-high. What you see with Gene is a misguided fan-hate by people who still enjoy the comic, go to bash online and buy the next part anyway.

The majority of the people, who do not visit forums, enjoy the books.

Eeeeyup! (but fixed)
« Last Edit: Jun 25, 2012 04:05 pm by SMBH » Logged

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: