Nov 17, 2019 01:36 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculation & countdown of Book 2: Spirits [Sep 13th 2013 premiere]  (Read 360335 times)
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #25 on: Jun 22, 2012 10:05 am »

^ Yeah, they kinda did:

CA: It's been established that Korra is naturally more physical and less spiritual than Aang, which makes her fit in with the more technology dependent Republic City. Just as the new Avatar and her world have changed since Aang's time, should fans expect possible future manifestations of The Spirit World to be similarly altered?

DiMartino: The Spirit World hasn't changed, exactly, but what will be interesting is to see how the spirit world reacts to Korra's technologically dependent world.

(Thread: http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=21093.0 )

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Tjbend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Jun 22, 2012 11:58 am »

From the Speakeasy Q&A:

[Dr. Dardo] Will book 2 stay confined to Republic City the way book 1 did?

DiMartino: I would say it’s a mix of both. There’s definitely a significant part in Republic City, but there’s also a little more exploration of some other areas which we won’t tell you about just yet.

[They both laugh, like they're in on some secret joke.]

SPIRIT WORLD!
Xian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Jun 22, 2012 12:02 pm »

The bit about how "they both laugh, like they're in on some secret joke" makes me think that the outside-of-Republic-City exploration will not be the usual 'traveling the world' sort of thing.

Which can only mean spirit world shenanigans. The place that's gonna get explored is the spirit world.
To play devil's advocate, the other way you can have stories in "some other area" without leaving Republic City is by way of flashback.  With stories preceding the formal founding of Republic City or, frankly, anywhere else, while the heroes themselves remain in Republic City in the present.  We could get prior stories of Tezin, Lin, Iroh II, Katara, Aang, etc. outside Republic City without being the usual "traveling the world" stories.

Additionally, we know that they are plugged in and in tune with fan speculation and expectations, the spirit world being first amongst those... to me, that would be a time to play it completely straight-faced.  A conspiratorial giggle doesn't really make sense if the secret is something everyone is already expecting, instead, it would be more fitting for a curve-ball.

^ Yeah, they kinda did:

CA: It's been established that Korra is naturally more physical and less spiritual than Aang, which makes her fit in with the more technology dependent Republic City. Just as the new Avatar and her world have changed since Aang's time, should fans expect possible future manifestations of The Spirit World to be similarly altered?

DiMartino: The Spirit World hasn't changed, exactly, but what will be interesting is to see how the spirit world reacts to Korra's technologically dependent world.

(Thread: http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=21093.0 )

As I've mentioned in other posts, if the spirits world hasn't changed, the spirits' behavior certainly has.  The spirits aren't speaking or acting on their own behalf.  Assuming Amon is their spokesperson, his story and actions are not consistent with any clear spiritual agenda... Amon has not explained:
  • how war would bring about balance
  • how an arms race and creating a non-bending populace entirely dependent on more technology is the will of the spirits
  • why the existence of bending has now become a blight to the spiritual world
  • why disparate spirits have suddenly unified for him
  • why the threat of benders causing war is more egregious than an actual 100 year war and best solved by starting a war
  • how the Avatar has failed (thus showing what spirits are concerned about)
  • what, if anything, makes him different or worthy compared to any other bender victim (thus showing what spirits value)

If Amon is a spokesman or agent of the spirits, he is doing a TERRIBLE job of communicating their message coherently.

To me, saying something is "interesting to see" is different than saying "we will see, explicitly on screen" how the spirit world reacts.  For all we know, their very absence and silence is the "reaction" DiMartino is referring to, meaning inaction is the reaction... instead of Hei Bai hazing a village, or Koh explicitly attempting to get the attention of the Avatar himself, or La leveling a fleet... they've fallen mute and become passive.  Alternatively, he may be speaking to the rich mentally constructed back story that exists for the purposes of his world-building process, but which does not necessarily make it to page or screen.  I'm sure he knows more about the Council, etc. but what we actually see on screen is a mere fraction of that.  So his comments do not necessarily demand that we actually see such reaction on screen.

And, of course, there's the possibility it is just a blatant misdirect.
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #28 on: Jun 22, 2012 02:06 pm »

From the Speakeasy Q&A:

[Dr. Dardo] Will book 2 stay confined to Republic City the way book 1 did?

DiMartino: I would say it’s a mix of both. There’s definitely a significant part in Republic City, but there’s also a little more exploration of some other areas which we won’t tell you about just yet.

[They both laugh, like they're in on some secret joke.]

SPIRIT WORLD!

Yah, traveling Finally! I am excited New Team Avatar going other places, I was hopping for this ^

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Boilinfangirl
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Jun 22, 2012 02:15 pm »

Hell, I'd even heard rumors that the Triads were going to play more of a role.  But nothing really seems to have come of it.

They probaly don't want to give too much spoilers away for season 2.

Its true what you say, its like only for looks what?? Relationships should be beyound that thanksXD

]Well, I don't think it's just looks—at least, not on his end.  On her end, I think it's partly looks, partly her being a pro-bending fangirl even before she joined the team, and all schoolgirl crush.

I always thought it was just for looks on Korra's part at least, as episodes went on he was even willing to call off there friendship but at least he got better towards Korra any ways, poor Asami mean-while.

As for him?  He's behaved so erratically that it's hard to say.

Yes it is, thats a main reason why I can't root for this pairing.

HA If Meelo gets better at Fart Bending, more potty humor for us Tongue

*snerk*

That will loads of fun  Grin

Also: Bo can haz metalbending, plz?

Lets hope so ^
« Last Edit: Jun 22, 2012 02:19 pm by Boilinfangirl » Logged

Banner made by guitarfreak, thank you your the best!
Big Bolin fan already yesXD
Will ship him wit
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Jun 22, 2012 03:25 pm »

Sounds like some Spirit World business is in the cards for next season. Although there are a few other possibilities for leaving Republic City:

* Katara's funeral.

* Pro-bending exhibition tournament abroad. (Nooooooo!)

* Taking Lin, and possibly other de-bent characters, abroad to consult with a knowledgeable healer about restoring bending. Although if nobody gets their powers back at the end of Season 1, let's throw "snake oil faith healer" into the pot, especially if Lin or a main cast member like Mako is going through a character arc where they learn to accept their condition.

* Korra & Co. visiting her parents.

* A new crisis abroad that the Avatar is invited to mediate.

* Some sort of coronation or swearing-in ceremony that Korra is expected to attend.

* Hunting down fugitive Equalists, like they were Nazis in Argentina.
Momopaboo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Jun 22, 2012 05:19 pm »

I hope korra gets a costum change in season two her "water tribe get-up" seems odd in republic city and I think it should change.
RuonJian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Icon by jadeite-icons

« Reply #32 on: Jun 22, 2012 05:37 pm »

I thought it was very interesting in their answers to the Korra Nation/facebook questions that they mentioned some of the cities in the Earth Kingdom and the Fire Nation have been industrialized (while other areas, especially in the Water Tribe, still adhere to the old ways). Maybe we'll be seeing a modernized Ba Sing Se or Fire nation capital?

I keep Korra's pout and Lin Beifong's stylish trench coat.
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:54 am »

I think Season 2 will delve into some common link behind the Fire Benders that murdered people of the major characters. Amon, Sato, Asumi, Mako and Bolin have lost loved ones to these unknown Fire Benders. So not a surprise if one major group was behind these murders.

Also Roy Mustang's voice shows up voicing a Fire Bender. Maybe drop a joke by calling Lin, Full Metal.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #34 on: Jun 23, 2012 05:14 am »

Clearly Amon taking away Korra’s bending somehow results in a trip to the spirit world, where she’s consulted by Kuruk.

teenj13
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:31 pm »

I would like to see the spirit world some more too. But, I wonder what'll become of the revolution.
Momopaboo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:33 pm »

What will the name be
We already have
Water
Earth
Fire
Air
What's next spirit? Or another water which wouldnt really make sence

I wonder what'll become of the revolution.
It fell apart after Amon was found out to be a bender
It's not like some one new can take his place because they can't take bending away

Please don't double-post. ~SMBH
« Last Edit: Jun 23, 2012 12:45 pm by SMBH » Logged
Tophsoil
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:41 pm »

1. I heard that the next book was called "The Spirit".
2. The book will most likely be about The Spirit World vs the normal world. Would be cool seeing monsters living in the spirit world attack large cities.
3. Korra will probably learn more about becoming the gateway between the spirit world and the normal world.
Tosh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:42 pm »

Kill the shipping with fire please.
Pipcard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:51 pm »

Spirit World and stuff outside Republic City!

I want to see how the rest of the world changed in 70 years!

Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: Jun 23, 2012 12:59 pm »

The military occupation of Republic City by a multinational peacekeeping force, with publicly broadcast sessions of an independent truth and reconciliation commission aimed at helping the republic's citizens work through their turmoil and grievances.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #41 on: Jun 23, 2012 01:05 pm »

I'm hoping to see superior take control of the Equalists.  Maybe the Lieutenant.  They can show better that there is a real reason for the movement.

neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Jun 23, 2012 01:07 pm »

I think the morale and trust of the non-benders was basically destroyed when Amon was revealed to them. I don't see them easily turning to someone else, particularly his #1 guy to rebuild the revolution.

Deist Zealot
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Jun 23, 2012 01:11 pm »

Kill the shipping with fire please.
Wouldn't go quite that far.  But I want to see Makorra sunk by its own lack of chemistry, and any other pairing anchored unless it can develop without anyone or anything being undermined.

Also: Bo can has metalbending?

I keep: Lin Beifong's resolve, Asami Sato's integrity, and Bolin's endearing inability to lie.
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #44 on: Jun 23, 2012 01:17 pm »

I don't think they can go back to full strength.  They have valid concerns.  Maybe the movement will become more peaceful though.

Simon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Chibi Jet

« Reply #45 on: Jun 23, 2012 02:12 pm »

Most Likely:

1 - Dealing with neo-Equalists which leads to
2 - Teaching citizens that true harmony can be achieved with Benders and nonbenders...which leads to
3 - Korra investigating the Spirit World ... most likely something is wrong there because of the inaction of Spirits during the Equality Revolution ...which leads to
4 - Korra battling in the Spirit World
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #46 on: Jun 23, 2012 02:20 pm »

Honestly, I'd like it if there was no villain next season.

I think that'd make for a very nice spiritual journey. I'm the type of person that enjoys supernatural works like Mushishi, so I'd love it if they did something different for once and had an Avatar story without a bad guy.

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
scrolllock
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Jun 23, 2012 02:22 pm »

Please let Book 2 stop with the shipping. I can't stand it anymore.

Genius. and just in 2 sentences too!

Absolutely this

Spirit World is an absolute must.  Hopefully with more than 1 villain
Katara16
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Want some?

« Reply #48 on: Jun 23, 2012 02:24 pm »

^^I agree.  I think next season should more of an episodiac feel, but keep all connected somehow.  I feel that way we would be able to see more of the workings of Republic City along with whatever adventures Team Avatar goes on.

"No!  No!  I mean if it was a choice between kissing you and dying..."
"Ughhh!!"
"What?  I'm saying I would rather kiss you then die.  That a compliment!"
"Well, I'm not sure which I would rather do!" *stomps away*
"What is wrong with me?" *pouts*

LMBO
dragonking
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Jun 23, 2012 02:56 pm »

Next season is likely going to be the new book of water. Water being Korra's original element, this would make sense.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: