Mar 30, 2017 10:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 202 (71.1%)
9 - 47 (16.5%)
8 - 16 (5.6%)
7 - 7 (2.5%)
6 - 5 (1.8%)
5 - 1 (0.4%)
4 - 0 (0%)
3 - 1 (0.4%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 5 (1.8%)
Total Voters: 284

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [110] Turning the Tides  (Read 50614 times)
neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #850 on: Jun 22, 2012 08:46 pm »

^ You don't get what I'm saying. I'm not asking for more time devoted to it. I'm complaining about the fact thay they wrote it so that Pema had that baby in ten minutes, while this is largely unrealistic.

Having a baby in 10 minutes is unrealistic? Tell that to my sister-in-law. Smiley

NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #851 on: Jun 22, 2012 08:49 pm »

^^ That's still not as bad as the spider crab.

Did I mention they get 4 metres long?

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #852 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:00 pm »

^

...... oh gawd ....

*hides*

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #853 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:09 pm »

^But at least that's not technically an arachnid. It is in the same phylum though...

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #854 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:09 pm »

^^^ I can't help but think that looks extremely tasty. I don't even like crab.

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #855 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:13 pm »

^ You could always try and catch one.

But be careful that it doesn't catch you. Tongue

blorgy555
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #856 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:18 pm »

^ I had already edited my post to explain myself better, so I'm not going to respond to this.

And just because everyone gets that fact wrong doesn't mean I have to like it. "We were telling a story, so we couldn't be bothered with realism" is the worst excuse ever in my eyes. The whole point of telling a good story is that you take care to make it believable, and this obvious plothole was really distracting to me (even though it seems most others didn't notice).

But this is a different universe. These people aren't Homo sapiens, we have no idea what their biology is like. How do you know that in their universe delivery doesn't only take 15 minutes? It seems pedantic to complain about little details like this when there are worse issues with the writing.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #857 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:21 pm »

^^ Okay, that one looks more creepy. *shudders*

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #858 on: Jun 22, 2012 09:24 pm »

^ I had already edited my post to explain myself better, so I'm not going to respond to this.

And just because everyone gets that fact wrong doesn't mean I have to like it. "We were telling a story, so we couldn't be bothered with realism" is the worst excuse ever in my eyes. The whole point of telling a good story is that you take care to make it believable, and this obvious plothole was really distracting to me (even though it seems most others didn't notice).

But this is a different universe. These people aren't Homo sapiens, we have no idea what their biology is like. How do you know that in their universe delivery doesn't only take 15 minutes? It seems pedantic to complain about little details like this when there are worse issues with the writing.

Rule of thumb: if there is no reason for something to be different, assume that is the same as in our world. Besides, as Loopy pointed out, Hope's birth did take a considerable amount of time.

And I wasn't complaining. I made an offhand comment while writing down my first impressions, and then everyone jumped on it. Apparently I have to be enthousiastic while spotting mistakes or something.

waterlilies8
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #859 on: Jun 22, 2012 10:07 pm »

This review is going to be quite a bit shorter than the one I had typed up, that's because my computer won't work, so I'm using another one, and I didn't get to post it.

Why did the Equalists blitz Republic City?

Who exactly is Hiroshi Sato? What I mean is that at one point in the Airship he had a suspicious look in his face.

Ikki's remark makes me remember the movie Air Force One.

Rohan has Aang's ears.

When Tenzin says goodbye to Korra, it sort of reminded me of a part in Hotel Rwanda, then it transitions to reminding me of DoBS part 2.

I agree that Toph would be so proud of Lin's sacrifice.

I at first thought General Iroh was Zuko, then found out he wasn't and still screamed that it was the person Dante mentioned. My parents then told me it was just a show.

Overall I liked it. I vote it at least an 11.

SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #860 on: Jul 02, 2012 02:09 am »

2512 HD screenshots are now available for this episode

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
RuonJian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Icon by jadeite-icons

« Reply #861 on: Jul 03, 2012 06:16 am »

^ Thanks for always doing these SMBH! You do such an amazing job!

I keep Korra's pout and Lin Beifong's stylish trench coat.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #862 on: Jul 03, 2012 02:02 pm »

Errrrr, can I be the only one who agrees with NeeNee that the unrealistic speed of the birth was confusing and jarring, and that it wouldn't take much to fix?

*dodges stones*
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #863 on: Jul 03, 2012 02:09 pm »

Let it go, seriously. I doubt that giving birth is a crucial part of the Avatar world.
mindbender1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Oh yeah baby...I rock! sig=guitarfreak magic!

« Reply #864 on: Jul 03, 2012 03:17 pm »

listen honey...I've had 2 kids and the first one took 23 hours and the 2nd one took about 20 minutes.  The more you have the quicker they come...wider channel you know Smiley

anywho....

I loved this eppie simply because the equalists went to the sacred air bender island.  Everyone knew these were the only airbenders left so even attempting to start there was pretty harsh. It reminded me of the start of the 100 year war.

Keeps: Aang's Kanelephant Strut, training blindfolded, & all of his cool disappearances
Lin's zipping Bolin's fly, Meelo's fartbending ability, Aang's tenderness to Korra
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #865 on: Jul 03, 2012 04:52 pm »

I totally agree that it was like the 100 year war, they wanted to whip out the air nomads first. I think people have a misconception of the air nomad that they will not fight, but looking on how Monk Gyatso sorrounding was, I highly doubt that he went down piecefully. and the way Tezzin fights I see that some airbenders that really hold there own. For example, Tezzin's kids, they all fought with out hesitation and they were able to fend off the intruders.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #866 on: Jul 03, 2012 08:03 pm »

the first one took 23 hours

That sounds excruciating. .___.

mindbender1
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Oh yeah baby...I rock! sig=guitarfreak magic!

« Reply #867 on: Jul 04, 2012 01:53 pm »

^ well fun it wasn't but well worth it.  1st ones usually take a long time.  Let's hope we can't compare that long pain with the wait for book 2.  This is Bryke's second delivery so lets hope it goes faster too, with equally great results Smiley

Keeps: Aang's Kanelephant Strut, training blindfolded, & all of his cool disappearances
Lin's zipping Bolin's fly, Meelo's fartbending ability, Aang's tenderness to Korra
Watertaco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One ring to rule them all.

« Reply #868 on: Jul 04, 2012 07:37 pm »

I doubt that giving birth is a crucial part of the Avatar world.
...It's the only way people come into existence. Babies don't just fall out of the Sky. Birth not being crucial is like bending not being crucial.

Keeper of Hasook's Hair, Korra's boots, Azula's fingernails, and a Equalist gas mask!
Firenation2
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #869 on: Jul 04, 2012 07:40 pm »

^ What are you talking about? Teo was obviously a clone.

Do the thing.
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #870 on: Sep 26, 2014 11:49 am »

This episode is so intense. In a lot of ways, it is better than the last 2 episodes of the Book. The 2 finale episodes were kind of a let-down.  Lin's sacrifice in this episode still gets to me. "That lady is my hero!"

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Colonel_Brian
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #871 on: Dec 30, 2014 08:23 pm »

This is the only episode that felt like it was twenty-two minutes long and not half that length. Anyway I have the same complaints as the previous episode. The characters lacked distinctiveness and they annoyed me. As for what I liked. The answer is obvious: Lin and Tenzin. It is a shame that her big moment was marred by her generic retort to Amon.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: