Jan 23, 2018 05:35 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 201 (52.1%)
9 - 100 (25.9%)
8 - 50 (13%)
7 - 18 (4.7%)
6 - 10 (2.6%)
5 - 4 (1%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 370

Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [218] The Earth King  (Read 38551 times)
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #450 on: May 23, 2008 12:59 am »

I like this episode a lot! The opening battle scene, which as of curently is the only episode where the action happens first before evrything else, was great! Taang bonding was all over this, and so was Katara's WW! Smiley I really appreciated Long Feng in this episode. He was trying so hard to hide everything up, only to forget the drill outside the city. I was ashamed when he gave up far too quickly against a teenager, even if it's Azula. Oh well, it was nice knowing him, though. Anyways, the everything goes from good to bad to worse ending was superb! "We are the Earth King's humble servants." <-possibly one of the most chilling lines in the Azula quote folder. xD

Rating-8/10
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #451 on: Jun 27, 2008 03:49 pm »

This was a great episode. Even besides the action scene the way the plot was told really helped drive into CoD. This is one of the greatest episodes.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #452 on: Jun 27, 2008 04:19 pm »

I hated the Earth King, The guy not the episode. That guy is just clueless. Never left the palace, never been to the outer wall. Come on how thick are you. It also couldent be more obvious that you are in a puppet government too. Long Feng is not the type of guy I would have arround, espically if I were king. I was so glad when I learned that he "went to travel the world" Good riddence. Sorry for the King Hate Tongue

Thank you So Much Georgie for the amazing sig!
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #453 on: Jun 27, 2008 04:22 pm »

I hated the Earth King, The guy not the episode. That guy is just clueless. Never left the palace, never been to the outer wall. Come on how thick are you. It also couldent be more obvious that you are in a puppet government too. Long Feng is not the type of guy I would have arround, espically if I were king. I was so glad when I learned that he "went to travel the world" Good riddence. Sorry for the King Hate Tongue

Well, the guy was king at a very young age, and Long Feng was supposed to look after him. I suppose after soo many years of trusting him, you wouldn't be questioning him or his methods either. Once the Earth King saw that drill, his heart was broken, and now he's redeeming himself b traveling the land he once ruled. This will be good for him. Smiley
green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #454 on: Jun 27, 2008 04:26 pm »

^Not to sound unpatriotic but does the the Earth king remind you of George Bush a little. He means well but doesn't know what is going on. I agree that the Earth king himself was full of hot air. I thought that he would help in the war by fighting back for his throne, I was wrong.
It isn't known how old the earth king is right? He really doesn't look that young. But I guess he might be 19 or so. I guess
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #455 on: Jun 27, 2008 05:13 pm »

Avoids going into Debate and Discussion rant...

I guess if he grew up with him, but I grew up with my parents and I know enough about whats going on in my house. Oh well, I guess I can cut the Earth King some slack. He did enjoy that ride on appa after all, and he took it all back when he saw what he was doing.

green bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I Rep 412

« Reply #456 on: Jun 27, 2008 05:21 pm »

Well Kuie or whatever the earth king's real name is, has lost my respect. He should be helping aang in this war, His stupidity cause the fall of the earthkingdom (well technically it was long fent) but he is just "learning about the war" I say he should grab a long sword and start slashing firenation and put his mouth where basco is. 
Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #457 on: Sep 17, 2008 06:23 pm »

Good episode.  The opening sequence with the gang bending their way through all those Earth Kingdom guards was incredible.  Toph is just too cool.

The Earth King is benevolent but completely ignorant of what's going on around him.  He's been living in a dream world, letting the Dai Lee deal with everything of importance.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Monk's Gone Wild (IZ TEH BIGGEST ZUTARIAN ON ASN)

« Reply #458 on: Sep 22, 2008 07:22 pm »

Defintly an amazing episode.

The beginning scenes with the Earthbending and fighing and battles were purely amazing! Aang earthbended that rock without looking and had a perfect striaght face! That was seriously intense!

Oh oh my favorite parts of the Zuko character development, how he did something good and his spirit(i guess) was fighting to see who he really was. Being sick and everything. Zuko is kinda hot when he's sick too Cheesy

The ending was the perfect cliffhanger too. It made you HAVE to watch the finale and wonder what happened to the Kyoshi Warriors. DUN DUN DUUUNNNNNNNN

Keeper of Aang discovering he had hair, Zuko&Katara first mission together

I thanked everyone who made me icon/sig on DA. General/Commander AA22 of the Zutarmy. Master of the weapon Zutaratana!
darkwater
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^^

« Reply #459 on: Oct 01, 2008 05:14 pm »

hmmm... is it just me or do the rock things the dai li are throwing in the beginning look like peanut butter cups?

Avatar: The Last Airbender owns my soul
PseudoEthnic
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #460 on: Oct 01, 2008 07:59 pm »

hmmm... is it just me or do the rock things the dai li are throwing in the beginning look like peanut butter cups?

You know what? You're right! xD

BTW, it wasn't the Dai Li, but the Earth Kingdom Army.
zukotea
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i love zuko more than i fear you

« Reply #461 on: Oct 01, 2008 08:02 pm »

haha woah that wierd you Right! XD

♡iKEEP:Zuko's take off shirt scene in 305, Sokka's Love for Shopping, Katara's Hope, Aang & Zuko's Hug, General Iroh's Voice and Zuko's dragon
darkwater
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^^

« Reply #462 on: Oct 02, 2008 06:36 pm »

You know what? You're right! xD

BTW, it wasn't the Dai Li, but the Earth Kingdom Army.

YES! I'm not the only one!!!

Avatar: The Last Airbender owns my soul
Skittles
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Take that, society!

groovy_dudette01@hotmail.com
« Reply #463 on: Oct 09, 2008 09:01 pm »

lol im watching this ep as we speak! lol. Smiley

"Getting what you wnat may not be the best thing at all..."

whyiseveryonesodifficult? TTnTT

Reading/Writing/Drawing/Happiness/Soccer/Basketball/Facebook/Fries/Colour........... All I need in life.
gtbird24
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avi by Flame_Fall

« Reply #464 on: Oct 09, 2008 09:12 pm »

I never though of it, but it is so obvious now. I'll think about that every time I see it now  Tongue

Violet Vespertine
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #465 on: Mar 02, 2009 12:15 pm »

So the Earth King has never left the palace in his entire life?  And he's completely oblivious to everything that's been going on in the world?  (That reminds me of a Ray Bradbury story in which a mother keeps her son locked in their house and tells him that there's nothing but evil and monsters out there, he can never leave the house etc.  She keeps all technology out of the house...the boy thinks cars are monsters. Eventually he finds out the truth.)

You think that he would have some curiosity, some desire to see life outside of the palace.  I guess the Dai Lee really keep him clamped down.  What about the previous Earth King?

I never get tired of watching the gaang make their way to the palace with all that incredible bending.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2009 12:17 pm by bacwas » Logged
jsheth
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Till All Are One!!!!!

« Reply #466 on: Mar 02, 2009 12:42 pm »

So the Earth King has never left the palace in his entire life?  And he's completely oblivious to everything that's been going on in the world?  (That reminds me of a Ray Bradbury story in which a mother keeps her son locked in their house and tells him that there's nothing but evil and monsters out there, he can never leave the house etc.  She keeps all technology out of the house...the boy thinks cars are monsters. Eventually he finds out the truth.)
For some reason, that reminded me of Dragonball

credit to arasam22for the sig
Mooseboy018
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

"Good morning."

« Reply #467 on: Jun 14, 2010 01:55 am »

positives:
-the Earth King Grin
-finding out Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee disguised themselves as Kyoshi Warriors Cool
-the battle at the beginning
-Zuko's crazy dragon/Ursa dream
-the gaang's group hug before they split up
-learning a little about the Earth King's sheltered life
-Bosco
-the Earth King's big fancy door Grin
-"BURGLAR!" Cheesy

negatives:
-it doesn't really work well as a stand alone episode overall IMO
-some of it can get a bit boring after a while
-Zuko's transformation was a little too...over the top for me at some parts

rating: 8
« Last Edit: Jun 14, 2010 01:59 am by Mooseboy018 » Logged

my Last Airbender comics
keeper of: Koh's creepy voice, his laugh, and his three minutes of screen-time.
Nastalgic99
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Firelord you're next.

« Reply #468 on: Jul 21, 2010 07:02 am »

the overkill in the beginning bothered me a bit toph, aang, and katara > the entire ek army in ba sing se? also ty lee> than ba sing se outer wall defense? i guess bumi, pakku, and iroh can take the fire nation singlehandedly.

Keeper of Bumi's fashion sense, smile, metal coffin, and Jeong Jeong's raggedy robes, and candles.
Proud supporter of the Red Lotus
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm an Avatard. Big whoop. Want to fight about it?

« Reply #469 on: Feb 04, 2011 07:32 pm »

the overkill in the beginning bothered me a bit toph, aang, and katara > the entire ek army in ba sing se?

I think the moment the walls were put up in Ba Sing Se, the army started slacking off. (It certainly made it easier for the Dai Li, or did the slacking start when the Dai Li was formed by Avatar Kyoshi.) Overall, I felt perturbed even though their opponents were the Avatar, Toph & Katara.

i guess bumi, pakku, and iroh can take the fire nation singlehandedly.

...which happened on the series finale.
« Last Edit: Feb 04, 2011 07:36 pm by worldends08 » Logged

Keeper of nothing but my own imagination & and this->
Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #470 on: Feb 04, 2011 11:41 pm »

I think the moment the walls were put up in Ba Sing Se, the army started slacking off.
They were still good enough to repel Iroh and Chin.
...which happened on the series finale.
Not really the had a little army with them.

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #471 on: Feb 05, 2011 08:04 pm »

I think the moment the walls were put up in Ba Sing Se, the army started slacking off.
They were still good enough to repel Iroh and Chin.

Shi Len
Banned Clone Account
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I like rocks.

« Reply #472 on: Feb 05, 2011 08:42 pm »

^?

Keeper of: Rebuilt Southern and Northern Water Tribes, The Earth Rumble VII, and Hama\\\'s Prison Cage.
worldends08
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #473 on: Feb 05, 2011 09:57 pm »

You know what? I don't care. It's not one of my strong points, seeing a bunch of kids take down grown folks with ease. (Which is pretty common in anime, but some of those character receives an injury, or two.)

Boris
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #474 on: Apr 15, 2012 07:40 am »

So I don't know if anyone else noticed this, but when Katara says Sokka can go to find their father instead of Katara going, Sokka hugs her and says ''You are the nicest big sister ever.'' But in Jet, when Sokka says he should be the leader of the group, and Katara says ''But your voice still cracks.'', Sokka says ''I'm the oldest and...'' Yeah, I can't remember what he says after that. But in Jet, he says he's the oldest, and in The Earth King, he says Katara is the nicest big sister ever.

Keeper of the cabbage merchants hat and Appa's Roar.
Facebook (message me and tell me you're from here.)
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: