Oct 17, 2018 10:19 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 201 (52.1%)
9 - 100 (25.9%)
8 - 50 (13%)
7 - 18 (4.7%)
6 - 10 (2.6%)
5 - 4 (1%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 370

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [218] The Earth King  (Read 43213 times)
LotusTile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sweet Baby Bison!

« Reply #25 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:41 pm »

*deep breath*

You know, at first I was getting a little bored with the episode. It was dragging a little bit after the amazing earthbending in the beginning. Then I had the thought: "This is going waaaaaay too easy."

Quite the shocker at the end. While I could see the Toph-napping coming, I didn't not expect to see Ozai's Angels in Kyoshi Warrior outfits at the end. What's Katara to do all by herself now.

And more importantly, what's happened to the actual Kyoshi Warriors?

8/10

ETA Did anyone else notice that Zuko has gotten noticable thinner? In the first Season he was fairly well-muscled. Now he just looks scrawny. Excellent detail on the part of the animators, as you figure he hasn't been eating so well or getting the same quality of workout he would otherwise since he's become a refugee. I can't wait to see how he turns out once he gets well!
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:42 pm by LotusTile » Logged

Keeper of the baby bisons | Keeper of the Eastern Air Temple's baby bison teething ring.
Keeper of Old Sweepy's broom. | Keeper of the Earth King's spectacles.
Dementedhamster6
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:41 pm »

I also wonder what Azula and her crew are going to do?

oh I don't no maybe...

KILL THE EARTH KING!?

Which will be pretty freaking amazing. I was so excited when they said 3 Kyoshi warriors. I can only wait to see what will happen at the season finale.

Thank you cheyanne for making this Picture for me Smiley
One of the few Mai/Azula fans out there Sad
|Keeper of Mais Boredom|
|Keeper of Azulas Di Lee outfit|
|Keeper of the lordress of Ba Sing Sei|
Ceran
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:42 pm »

"Zuko and Katara spend some unexpected quality time together" ...I can hear the fangirl squeels already.

Still, when all's said and done...what a harsh episode.  Ouch.  I was expecting things to take a bit of a turn for the worse, but..ouch.  I'm just hoping the other letters weren't faked to separate the group.  Imagine how fun it'd be if Sokka arrived with his father's fleet nowhere in sight, thinking it'd been destroyed when it'd never been there at all.

And what of Suki?  Does this mean they killed her off as well?  I, for one, think she lives and it'll be a race to see who gets to the King first - her figuring out Azula's plot or Katara noticing the evil trio.  Bah, if only Sokka had stayed long enough to see his little girlfriend before he left.  Then we could have started the episode on one of the coolest fights in the series...and ended with another.

The finale is going to be NUTS.  I can't wait =D
ThymeWaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Wanna go out? Can You Juggle? Oooo Pretty Lights!

« Reply #28 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:42 pm »

It rocked and all, and I will be the first (second) one to admit that Zuko shirtless an entire episode was freakishly hot, but I found it REALLY predictable.
I knew the letter to Toph was a trap, and I knew that when they said "Three" warriors that it was Azula and the chicks, and I knew the Dai Li would stay faithful to Long Feng.
I expected them to split up when they got the letters.
The BEST part was the nightmare with Zuko and his dragons. The fact that his good dragon was Iroh and his bad one was Azula, was so awsome. It showed that he has the potential to be either one, and this turning point in him will chose who he becomes...

"What are we going to do today Azula?"
"The same thing we do every day Zuko, try to take over the world."
Keeper of: Jin's alledged pregnancy, Sokka's gloves (which I wear daily) Ursa's flowy sleeves and Sokka, Toph and Ty Lee's Chicken Dance
www.TGGLive.com
Co-Founder of the Fence-Sitters
jchr916
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:42 pm »

When they said the three Kyoshi warriors were there, I thought they were there to tell Sokka that Suki was captured.  But once I saw how calm they were I realized who they were.  Without Aang or Toph, that only leaves Katara and Momo to defend BSS.  Ignoring Zuko and Iroh, as they are sick and asleep.  I was hoping they'd show something of the tea shop or their new residence, but I guess they didn't have enough time.  As for Toph, it's gonna be troublesome when they drag her back to her dad (Definitely Toph butt killing time)

Keeper of Cosmic Energy
greent
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:43 pm »

I loved this new episode soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!

i am new here by the way this is my first post!! =)

I am greent on the DH forum if anyone wants to know
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #31 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:43 pm »

oh I don't no maybe...

KILL THE EARTH KING!?

Which will be pretty freaking amazing. I was so excited when they said 3 Kyoshi warriors. I can only wait to see what will happen at the season finale.
Well, they're obviously going to do something bad, and now that Sokka told the Earth King to give treat them well....

blood101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

danthedude1218
« Reply #32 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:44 pm »

oh I don't no maybe...

KILL THE EARTH KING!?

same here man same here

It WILL be freakin amazing
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:45 pm »

I knew the letter to Toph was a trap, and I knew that when they said "Three" warriors that it was Azula and the chicks, and I knew the Dai Li would stay faithful to Long Feng.
Same. As soon as they said "three" I thought: Coincidence? NO WAY! THEY SHOULD HAVE HAD SOKKA CONFIRM THE KIYOSHI WARRIORS! Now the Earth King will probably think that Sokka led him into a trap or something!
The BEST part was the nightmare with Zuko and his dragons. The fact that his good dragon was Iroh and his bad one was Azula, was so awsome. It showed that he has the potential to be either one, and this turning point in him will chose who he becomes...
Wow. I never thought about it that way, I'm completely shocked that I missed the whole blue-dragon-is-Azula thing (I got the Iroh part)!
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:47 pm by Rukie » Logged
ThymeWaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:46 pm »

Not a Zutarian, rewriting ENTIRE Zuko plotline. Don't appreciate hinted at Zutaraness for season finale.

Waiting to be pelted with giant rocks.

Keeper of: Jin's alledged pregnancy, Sokka's gloves (which I wear daily) Ursa's flowy sleeves and Sokka, Toph and Ty Lee's Chicken Dance
www.TGGLive.com
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #35 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:46 pm »

Where did everybody see that commercial?

Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:47 pm »

Not a Zutarian, rewriting ENTIRE Zuko plotline. Don't appreciate hinted at Zutaraness for season finale.

Waiting to be pelted with giant rocks.

ditto

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #37 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:47 pm »

About two minutes after the episode ended. It was only, like, a thirty second bit... not even that long, actually...
LotusTile
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Sweet Baby Bison!

« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:49 pm »

It aired just as Nick was going into the new episode of Spongebob. Basically it showed Katara with her hand against Zuko's scar while they were in something that looked like a cave. And the voiceover said they would get closer in ways they never imagine.

And after the nice Kataang in this episode, I'm not excited to see Zutara.

Keeper of the baby bisons | Keeper of the Eastern Air Temple's baby bison teething ring.
Keeper of Old Sweepy's broom. | Keeper of the Earth King's spectacles.
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:49 pm »

The episodes keep getting better! I am too excited and delirious (sorta like Zuko)! It was perfectly pieced together. I am amazed by Aang's Earthbending.

The Earth King is young, but not as young as some of us thought. I am so worried about Katara! Toph has been captured and the Dai Li are still loyal to Long Feng. Ozai's angels are in the city with a very impressionable King at the helm.

Oh and poor Toph! How will Katara even know that Toph was captured? Zuko's dream sequence gave me chills. When he saw himself as the Avatar in the mirror, I jumped in my seat! Who was General Hahn? Doesn't he look like the Earth bender in the opening sequence of the show?..I know I know...I am being silly, but when he walked in and they obscured his face before they introduced him...it made me feel like his identity was a big deal.

The episode was so smooth. Some episodes have seemed rushed. This ran so well it actually felt longer than it was. Also, I noticed a difference in the animation. It was much better than the last episodes animation.

I can't help but think that the staff changed the Kyoshi warriors look in Appa's Lost Days to acomodate for Azula and her gals disguising themselves in this episode? Maybe?

Funny note. My son keeps calling me "sweetness" now! LOL!

Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #40 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:50 pm »

It aired just as Nick was going into the new episode of Spongebob. Basically it showed Katara with her hand against Zuko's scar while they were in something that looked like a cave. And the voiceover said they would get closer in ways they never imagine.

And after the nice Kataang in this episode, I'm not excited to see Zutara.
That makes me mad. If only I had kept the T.V. on longer...and I'm also not excited to see Zutara. Kataang all the way!

White Lotus
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The Dai Li are watching

« Reply #41 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:51 pm »

Gaah! There was just too much! The bending! The shirtless Zuko! The dreams! The dragons! The conspiracy! The forshadowing! The polt twists! The great quotes! The...the...there is just too much to digest in one sitting! My brain hit maximum overflow watching this episode and I think I sprained something with the squeeing and jumping around. I'll be ranting about this more when I stop babbling incoherently.

Keeper of Iroh's Pai Sho Board
Keeper of Zuko's Broadswords
Keeper of the Cabbage Cart
Keeper of Pentapox
light bender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #42 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:51 pm »

This was a sweet episode. 10/10 for me.

Light dosen't control itself anymore!
Unagi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:51 pm »

About two minutes after the episode ended. It was only, like, a thirty second bit... not even that long, actually...

Are you serious?! I missed it?? WHY?! WHY DID I HAVE TO TURN THE STUPID TV OFF! WHY??!

"In the end, only the fittest survive in this world. If you're strong you live, if you're weak you die." - Seta Sôjirô
Click!
blood101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

danthedude1218
« Reply #44 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:51 pm »

Yeah I was about to change the channel but that came on and i was just blown away. I never thought a Zutara would never really happen but I was wrong
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:54 pm by blood101 » Logged
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #45 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:53 pm »

The episode was so smooth. Some episodes have seemed rushed. This ran so well it actually felt longer than it was. Also, I noticed a difference in the animation. It was much better than the last episodes animation.

I noticed that too. My sister just thought I was crazy.

Ice
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Iceliness
« Reply #46 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:54 pm »

I love Sokka. He's just...awesome. From his cheesey long gone joke to his interrupting Aang. Oh poor Aang xD

And the shippers go crazy tonight...first Katara kissing Aang's cheek (I was waiting for that when she hugged him) and then the ZukoxKatara commercial. Although I bet it'll just be like "hey wanna join our gAang lolz?!" "okay!" Commercials like to be misleading.

Poor Toph. I hope she stays with the gAang in season three.

I so knew that it was gonna be Azula, Mei, and Ty-Lee right when they mentioned it was /three/ Kyoshi Warriors.
Dementedhamster6
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:54 pm »

What about jet is it assumed he died? I was at least hoping they mentioned a tiny detail about him (i would like it if he died he pisses me off way to much in the show).

Thank you cheyanne for making this Picture for me Smiley
One of the few Mai/Azula fans out there Sad
|Keeper of Mais Boredom|
|Keeper of Azulas Di Lee outfit|
|Keeper of the lordress of Ba Sing Sei|
Unagi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:54 pm »

I noticed that too. My sister just thought I was crazy.

I never said that! You - you LIAR!

I didn't say that... did I? Undecided

"In the end, only the fittest survive in this world. If you're strong you live, if you're weak you die." - Seta Sôjirô
Click!
ThymeWaster
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #49 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:55 pm »

I think it is safe to say that Jet is dead. But I have been wrong before.

www.TGGLive.com
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: