Dec 17, 2017 11:00 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Poll
Question: Rate This Episode:
10 - 201 (52.1%)
9 - 100 (25.9%)
8 - 50 (13%)
7 - 18 (4.7%)
6 - 10 (2.6%)
5 - 4 (1%)
4 - 1 (0.3%)
3 - 0 (0%)
2 - 0 (0%)
1 - 2 (0.5%)
Total Voters: 370

Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [218] The Earth King  (Read 38495 times)
Acastus
Expert Advisor
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Victim of the gelatinous cube.

« on: Nov 17, 2006 08:29 pm »

Short description: The kids battle Long Feng and the Dai Li when they attempt to show the Earth King the vast conspiracy taking place in his city. Zuko becomes seriously ill and has feverish dreams as he faces a spiritual crisis.

Discuss!
climbtreez
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Shiny head of DOOM

climbtreez
« Reply #1 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:30 pm »

Oh my god. That was cool. So many plot twists. Zuko is creepy with an arrow. And hot with long hair and no scar. Character development. Its so sad though. Azula coming to the city and toph being captured and Zuko sick and oh gezz. I can't wait for the season finale so much.
An entire episode with Zuko shirtless *drool*. I'm a fangirl and I'm proud.

Im so made, I missed the first minute or two because I had to eat dinner. *sob* I guess Ill just have to watch it on turbo nick.
TimKai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I get to hear their delightful screaming again...

« Reply #2 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:30 pm »

I'm going to go on a lingo rampage for a second, please be patient:

this episode was so full of Win that the Win was spilling over into the Lose and winning the win for win!

With that out of my system:

Taking out a legion of Dai Li - Awesome
Earth King:  "his cheeks are just so Pinchable" ~A
Also:  the Earth King's Naive ways are equally adorable
Toph:  "It's a TRAP!"  (saw that one coming)
Kataang - Ooh, chalk another one up to it.  Ignore the preview of the Season Finale, Katara could be touching Zuko's scar for any number of reasons. . . 9_9

In no particular order:

The end of Zuko's dream:  This is possibly the largest bit of proof that Zuko and Iroh will be joining up with the GAang yet.  It also has some implications beyond the "wooo!" factor.  Was Zuko seeing himself like that because he is being guided to the gaang?  It could be that he is yearning for the freedom that he until now has had no inkling about, the freedom that was at first stifled by being the Fire Lord's son; that was later stifled by the quest he was so unfairly put upon?  Another possibility that slammed into my brain while I was typing this was that joining with the Gaang might fully sever him from his former destiny. He saw himself with Aang's arrow, leading him towards the group; he saw himself without his scar, the brand that forever ties his destiny to his father's.  Is it possible that Katara might, in the season finale, heal zuko's scar, tying him to the Gaang with gratitude and love and severing his former destiny with a finality that no amount of tea or pep talks could ever do?  0_0  I'm shivering.  Oh dear god.  Emo moment!

Suki lost.  Now we need to discover if she and the other warriors have been merely captured or killed.  I love Sukka as a Shipping, but MAN is there room for emotional content if Suki's been killed.  ;_;  Probably not, though.  Still, Mike and Bryan have been known to pull weird stuff like that in the past, a la Yue, so it  is possible.

who didn't see Toph getting captured coming?  As soon as she mentioned what the letter said, I said "IT'S A TRAP!" (in as close to an Akbar impression as I could get), and when Sokka said "Everything's going to go smoothly for the rest of time" (or whatever), I LITERALLY screamed "FAMOUS LAST WORDS!!"

. . . Shoot.  Since Toph has been captured, this brings to mind the Xin Fu/Toph pairing as illustrated by Spleef Mistress. . . ~_~  I wish I had never stumbled upon Avatar Fandom.

YES!  Overtly implied Kataang!  I was holding my breath mouthing "yes, yes" over and over again right up until Sokka interjected.  Then I flipped Sokka off.  But it seems Katara got the message!  we need Kataang macking.  If Sokka and Yue/Suki/Ty Lee can get it on, So can Katara and Aang!
Poor Lovelorn Aang.  On appa.  Hehe, that was so sweet.  "yea, the girls will be waiting for us" . . .

- Iroh sounds the same. Is it the new actor? If so, he did a great job replacing the part poor Mako had.

It is known (I don't know how, I think Acastus said it or something) that Mako died after completing the voice work for season 2.  The little bit of "Tales..." with the new voice actor was a fluke (supposedly) where that scene needed to be re-dubbed for whatever reason, and Mako was either too sick or too dead to do the job (. . . I'm getting teary eyed again over Mako. . . crap.  Crap crap crap).

It was so cool! The animation is Lake Laogai seemed a off, but it's normal again.

The way I see it, the combat scene with all the Dai Li agents was so complicated, with so many characters at such a high frame rate that the animators had to take shortcuts during the rest of the episode.  A million bucks only goes so far, surprisingly. 
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 09:01 pm by TimKai » Logged

~Do what thou wilt shall the the whole of the law~
*Aleister Crowley*
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:30 pm »

OH MY FREAKING GOD. That was one of the best Avatar episodes yet. The battle at the begining was just too awesome, Toph remains one of the most bad-ass Earthbenders out there. I just can't believe that they're all going their seperate ways! And DAMN that Azula! I knew right away when the Kiyoshi warriors were mentioned that it wasn't true! And the commercial for the season finale: "Zuko and Katara spend some unexpected quality time together." Wow. December 1 can't come soon enough!
pepes
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Keeper of Aangs adorableness and Destiny

« Reply #4 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:30 pm »

I liked the episode, but its not my favorite. Sokka made me laugh quite a few times.
"Long Fong is long gone! Man, I've been waiting to use that." Grin
   I got so excited when Aang started to confess to Katara, I was practically sqealing(cursed timing Sokka).
Ozais Angels in Ba Sing Se....Toph captured....and theres still trouble with the Dai Lee...Oh Snap.
  I'm not so excited to see the possible Zutara in the last two episodes, but I cant wait to find out whats going on.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:33 pm by pepes » Logged

Amazing sig by the amazing Sedai!
Unagi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #5 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:31 pm »

Wow, that was awesome! Oh my gosh, that was such a cool episode! Gah! Zuko had no shirt! *pukes* Hey, did he get less muscley? I'm glad, he looked better.
Some Totally Sweet Things:
- Ha, the Earth King was so funny! Grin
- "Your Earthiness!"
- Poor Zuko! He collapsed!
- Iroh sounds the same. Is it the new actor? If so, he did a great job replacing the part poor Mako had.
- Appa is saddless?
- Great bending!
- No! The Gaang is splitting up!
- Ooooh, Kataang moments! Kiss
- No! Toph is gone! I knew it was a trap!
- Gah, Zuko had an Aang head! Shocked
- Oh my gosh, Azula has gone a step too far! What does she want in the city? Where's Suki?! That WAS funny, though! Cheesy

I would have missed this episode if it weren't for my brother. Ten minutes of it at least - it started at 7:51 for me! Anyways, I rated it a 10, of course, but I liked Lake Laogai better. Undecided
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:40 pm by Unagi » Logged

"In the end, only the fittest survive in this world. If you're strong you live, if you're weak you die." - Seta Sôjirô
Click!
Shubunk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:32 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOO.... nothing happened. How do you make an episode like lake laogai where a million things happen and then make this episode which only set up for future events!! MAybe i just wanted to have another good fight scence...

... i was expecting too much
Oblivion
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I believe in Obby Dent.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:32 pm »

"Looks like Long Feng is now Long GONE!"

OMG, I loved Sokka.

I ship EndlessOblivion and MelodicOblivion. Do you? <3
thatssosokka
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

AppleMomo reigns

« Reply #8 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:32 pm »

It was so cool! The animation is Lake Laogai seemed a off, but it's normal again. But this episode was fantastic in my opinion, very interesting. I can't get over that thing Sokka said during Aang & Katara's little *ahem* conversation. Manly man trip!

Official warning: this signature has been removed for being in violation of the NEW SIGNATURE RULES that were announced last year. -Forau
Dementedhamster6
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:33 pm »

Holy crap! Azula my favorite is back! Obviously back from whooping sukis tale. But where is she now dead or just captured.

Thank you cheyanne for making this Picture for me Smiley
One of the few Mai/Azula fans out there Sad
|Keeper of Mais Boredom|
|Keeper of Azulas Di Lee outfit|
|Keeper of the lordress of Ba Sing Sei|
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #10 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:33 pm »

That was amazing! The bending in the beggining was great! And I knew that Suki wasn't really there. I can't believe they split up! And at the end why did Sokka have to mess everything up?Huh Aang was just about to tell Katara how he felt about her! And Toph! Amazing episode!

Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:33 pm »

NOOOOOOOOOO.... nothing happened. How do you make an episode like lake laogai where a million things happen and then make this episode which only set up for future events!! MAybe i just wanted to have another good fight scence.
Did you not see the fight scene at the begining of the episode? That was some of the most amazing fighting I have ever seen. Aang broke bolders effortlessly, Toph pulled a domino on the Earth Kingdom guards, and Katara finally goes (almost) all out with her waterbending. She's freakin awesome now.
blood101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

danthedude1218
« Reply #12 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:33 pm »

Holy Crap!

The gangs splitting!

And the king had no idea what was going on!? wow

great ep

poor Zuko and Toph

EDIT:Christ like 6 replies at the sametime
fireprince
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #13 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:34 pm »

This was a good episode.  i missed tge first 10 minitues of it cause darn Nick aired it at say 7:52 and I was like waht the heck!  I was about to smash the t.v
lizzylo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:34 pm »

I literally rolled around with happiness when I saw the clip of zuko and katara in the cave clip!!!Im 22, so thats kind of sad X_X  I guess I'm officially hooked on zutara now ^^;
I thought this episode was very interesting and had a lot of new exciting turns to the story, but I wish that zuko has more flashbacks while he was sick.....I dont know, I just expected a little more with that area.  Lots of good fighting in the beginning~
cant wait to see the next ep Smiley

Lint
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:34 pm »

That Was the most amazing episode Ever!  A little light on comedy, but it made up for that by being AWESOME!  So many loose ends to tie up now!  I can't wait.  As I said in another thread though, I saw all of the plot twists a couple scenes ahead.  The letter from Toph's mom was so obviously a trap, and the significant glances between the Dai Lee's that captured Long Feng...As well as Ozai's Angels/Warriors of Kyoshi...I grew very suspicious when they said three Kyoshi warriors...But nevertheless, amazing!

Lint.
~Illustrate the Quote~ Best game on the Pai Sho Board

Tananda
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av by omgasp

Michelle+es+FAG
« Reply #16 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:35 pm »

I'm horribly worried about Toph, first off. And That Katara/Zuko commercial was SUCH a jab at shippers. Needless to say, I am excited over that Cheesy

It moved really fast (plus missing the beginning) and some of that stuff played like a fanfiction for me (Aang trying to talk to Katara about his feelings again, all the loving hugs, Zuko finding his true path and K&S finding their dad all in one episode). But I did LOVE the Long Feng drama going on and I have to admit all the twists made this episode freaking awesome overall. I give it an eight. Cheesy

Cant wait for that finale!!

Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #17 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:36 pm »

And Zuko was so cute! I hope Toph doesn't leave the gAang now!

macadamwest
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #18 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:36 pm »

Wow. Wonderful. It wasnt my favorite but it did help to see Zuko going through that. I think it is because that I myself am going through something similar. so it just was wow.

At least we know what happened to Suki.
Ayame Umi
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Trace Cyrus!! <3

« Reply #19 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:36 pm »

That episode was awesome! Their are so many plots happening all at once. I'm DIEING to find out what's happening next. Since I'm a Zutarian I can't wait for the Season Finale with Zuko and Katara! I also wonder what Azula and her crew are going to do?

~~~Death note~~~
L: Hello? Is Light there?
Light: That's me.
L: I know you are Kira
Light: OMGWTFOMFGZOMG!?

And thus, Kira was caught.
Kaption
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #20 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:37 pm »

Easily one of the best episodes this season - it was an awkard blend of humor and pure, total freakin' awesome.

The opening, epic, awesome, oh my God -gaang- ownage was amazing. That was one of the best animated bending slaughters I've seen in Avatar! Aang was badass just casually smacking aside the incoming rocks, Toph handing the Earth Kingdom soldiers their asses, and Katara and Sokka being cool in their own non-earthbending ways.

The Earth King didn't do much, but hey, he was neat -- a weird guy, to say the least.

The last part of the episode killed me: the shippers'll go wild (gotta admit, it surprised me, didn't mind it though, not one bit, Aang was being a man with his feelings - more power to him! Though, honestly, who didn't see that interruption coming, honestly?) CLIFFHANGER CITY OH DEAR GOD WHY? I don't get why exactly they had to split up, but their fates seemed pretty obvious - the foreshadowing told us all we needed to know. JUST LIKE MOTHER - wow, Zuko's got even more issues than I originally thought.

I cannot wait to see Hakoda, nor can I wait to see what happens next. Suki, where are you?

On a final note, that fever of Zuko's was just an excuse to get him shirtless. It was too sudden to not have been. I'm sure the fangirls don't mind.
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:40 pm by Kaption » Logged
Rukie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #21 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:38 pm »

Well... now we know what the contents of Guru's letter were, and where the scroll ended up. But oh my God... how in the world is he going to teach Aang to control the uncontrollable Avatar state???!!!! I STILL WANNA KNOW WHO HE IS!!!!
blood101
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

danthedude1218
« Reply #22 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:39 pm »

I also wonder what Azula and her crew are going to do?

oh I don't no maybe...

KILL THE EARTH KING!?
« Last Edit: Nov 17, 2006 08:41 pm by blood101 » Logged
Extraordinary Lauren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:39 pm »

AHHH! How did I know it was Oazi's angels in the costumes? I knew it. Ahh I can not believe it! Poor Toph! Ahh I am freaking out like the biggest avatard possible.  And the preview? Gah I am spazzing. And Aang! he was going to say how he felt! And Katara kissed him, YAY!

ahh lemme repost when I regain some of my sanity.

Keeper of Iroh's Jasmine Tea, Iroh's Tea Recipes, and The Eastern Air Temple.
Foofoocuddlypoops
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Aww, how cute!

« Reply #24 on: Nov 17, 2006 08:40 pm »

The Earth King didn't do much, but hey, he was neat -- a weird guy, to say the least.

That's true but he was pretty funny. And I loved seeing Zuko shirtless! Smiley

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: