Oct 18, 2019 07:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Out of the past", episode 9 speculation  (Read 60328 times)
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2012 08:53 pm »

Please visit the spirit world, please vist the spirit world, plleeeaase!

Seriously, if Korra doesn't contact Aang in this episode... >.>

Sigs are for the weak
Numb
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2012 08:54 pm »

I would love nothing more than to see Aang in Spirit form like Roku.  Shocked

I'm so excited, i actually think I'm giddy.

austyn12090
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2012 08:57 pm »

The episode 9 title makes me think that "When extremes meet" is talking about Aang and Korra. I kinda hope that an avatar's spirit will be left in the form they took during their greatest trial, so Aang could still be 12. This is supported by the fact that the waterbending avatar still looked pretty young in the spirit world (I would say that so did Kyoshi, but she was covered in face paint). I just want to see the interaction between Korra and young Aang.

Darkness Unleashed: Contacting Raava
A fic where I convince you that Mako will be the Dark Avatar.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9794152/1/Darkness-Unleashed-Contacting-Raava
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2012 08:58 pm »

Dare I say... We may learn what happened to Ursa? Might Zuko appear?

Probably not.  At most we may find out that he found her and see her briefly in a flashback without being the focus.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2012 08:59 pm »

I hope it's older Aang, I have a feeling it will be how he looks in the opening. It would be weird if they have been showing him older only to show him as a kid again. Also they would have to get a different voice actor which would suck, Zack is far too old now to pull off a 12 year old voice.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2012 09:02 pm »

I'm gonna cry if we get an entire flashback episode from the Yakone thing but we don't see Zuko because he wasn't there. Seriously, he needs to be in a flashback.

Follow me on tumblr! Smiley
http://sub-maureen.tumblr.com/
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2012 09:03 pm »

^^^^ Aang and Korra could count as extremes. And then this episode would be an extended flashback...

I hope it's not all flashback though. I want to see them talk about it, too.

PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2012 09:04 pm »

Yeah, I could see those two as the "two extremes" meeting. I'd like to see them discuss it though too, I could see at as a back and forth partial kind of thing, sort of like The Storm.

aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2012 09:06 pm »

I'm secretly hoping for it to go throughout Aang's life after Yakone and show his funeral in which all the Gaang is there and then we see baby Korra.

Maybe Korra meets Aang at the end of episode 8:

Aang: Hello Korra
Cue Credits!

Then episode 9 would be the whole meeting.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
mattacular2001
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2012 09:06 pm »

The episode 9 title makes me think that "When extremes meet" is talking about Aang and Korra. I kinda hope that an avatar's spirit will be left in the form they took during their greatest trial, so Aang could still be 12. This is supported by the fact that the waterbending avatar still looked pretty young in the spirit world (I would say that so did Kyoshi, but she was covered in face paint). I just want to see the interaction between Korra and young Aang.

No, eight is definitely about the extremes of bending and non-bending between Lin, Tarrlock, Korra, Amon, and possibly the Triad. Out of the past will be a breather where all parties try to learn from history a lesson or an episode where an elder from A:TLA comes forth to help.
austyn12090
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2012 09:09 pm »

I hope it's older Aang, I have a feeling it will be how he looks in the opening. It would be weird if they have been showing him older only to show him as a kid again. Also they would have to get a different voice actor which would suck, Zack is far too old now to pull off a 12 year old voice.

Good point, a new voice would suck... I was thinking that old Aang would be in the flashbacks, but young Aang would be the one talking to Korra.

Darkness Unleashed: Contacting Raava
A fic where I convince you that Mako will be the Dark Avatar.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/9794152/1/Darkness-Unleashed-Contacting-Raava
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2012 09:11 pm »

Cue Credits!

If that happens, the fandom will explode with joy and impatience. Fortunately it's only one week between those two episodes though! Cheesy

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2012 09:11 pm »

That might confuse some people, especially younger viewers.

^I have been hoping that's how it happens since Korra was announced!

Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2012 09:13 pm »

I definitely had a feeling that episode 9 would be the flashback episode. It's really perfect. Have Korra airbend in Episode 8 and in Episode 9 Tenzin will take her to Avatar Aang's statue at the Winter Solstice where she can speak with Aang.
Avapony
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna need some upgrades

« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2012 09:13 pm »

Oooooh, enough with the titles, give us descriptions!! Cheesy please?!

A clip would be fine too XD

Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2012 09:16 pm »

I'd bet all of my money on this episode dealing with whatever Aang had to resolve 42 years ago.
I wonder how much screentime it's gonna take?

I'm guessing it will be somewhat like "The Avatar and the Firelord". I'd venture to say almost all of the episode will be flashbacks.
iwashere
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

'⚘'

« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2012 09:17 pm »

Maybe we could also see Zuko in this episode... Maybe?

Sigs are for the weak
PokemonLotty
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Swag.

« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2012 09:19 pm »

^Yeah, that's a better example than The Storm, that's what I think too.
Lol, watch us be wrong and there won't be any flashbacks and the thing "out of the past" is like an old airbending move. I'd be so depressed, I can't even-

Maybe we could also see Zuko in this episode... Maybe?

If God answers my prayers kindly.

Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2012 09:19 pm »

This is beyond a doubt the flashback episode.  Something is going to happen in eight to make Korra realize she needs to speak to Aang, like Amon revealing some sort of game changer, or entering the Avatar State to have Aang tell her to meet him.

Well the man has already shown THREE game changers, to where if he has another one up his sleeve, then the benders are completely screwed.
mattacular2001
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2012 09:24 pm »

This is beyond a doubt the flashback episode.  Something is going to happen in eight to make Korra realize she needs to speak to Aang, like Amon revealing some sort of game changer, or entering the Avatar State to have Aang tell her to meet him.

Well the man has already shown THREE game changers, to where if he has another one up his sleeve, then the benders are completely screwed.

^ This
Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2012 09:26 pm »

I'm secretly hoping for it to go throughout Aang's life after Yakone and show his funeral in which all the Gaang is there and then we see baby Korra.

Cue Credits!

Agreed. I think something even worse will happen in the next episode (I also think Korra will FINALLY airbend in the next ep), and Tenzin, knowing that the Winter Solstice is basically here, takes Korra to Aang Island and forces her to meditate to contact Aang for advice and wisdom. The solstice starts and then Aang meets Korra. End episode.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2012 09:31 pm »

I'm hoping we don't visit the Spirit World this season. TLoK is already top-heavy with plot and setting; dance with the girl ya brung.
Sifu Hothead
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: May 24, 2012 09:33 pm »

Hey, maybe Zach Tyler Eisen can voice Aang as an adult, the guy is 18 already (how the time flies  Cry)
Blanka
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #48 on: May 24, 2012 09:39 pm »

I'm hoping we don't visit the Spirit World this season. TLoK is already top-heavy with plot and setting; dance with the girl ya brung.

I agree that we don't need to visit the Spirit World PROPER in this series. Just have her go in the portion of the Spirit World Aang did when Roku showed him his past with Sozin.
cqmorrell
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

cqmorrell@yahoo.com cqmorrell cqmorrell
« Reply #49 on: May 24, 2012 09:42 pm »

Oh, I think she's going to meet Aang sometime, alright. Not in the way you're thinking though.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: