Dec 14, 2017 01:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Favourite fighting sequences/moves in TLOK?  (Read 8140 times)
The_Elite711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're a squid you're a kid you're a squid...

« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2012 09:18 am »

All of those are my favorite fight scenes so far. Though I might have to vote Tenzin's fights being the all time favorite. When it was the first close up scene of him, it didn't look like blasts of air he was shooting. In my opinion it looked like sonic waves that could have done some serious damage to the mechs, but it was just air though Sad. Plus the air wheel...*happy rage* that thing is awesome! I don't think its the new technique he invented to get the arrows though, it looks more like a different version of the air scooter.

Keeps: Roku bending the elements at the same time, Water Tribe subs in DoBS, Korra's hat, the Probending arena!
BlackPanther1012
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2012 03:43 pm »

^ I've just noticed with the airwheel, he's surfing on the air. Inspired by a bit of waterbending perhaps?

I was thinking that he was inspired by his father's Air Scooter. Aang could move very fast on his Air Scooter without wasting energy running, spinning or jumping around. But Aang was vulnerable to attack while he was on his Air Scooter.

Tenzin was very familiar with it (I'm sure it was one of the first things Aang taught him how to do) and probably just improved upon its design and make it into a wheel. That way, Tenzin could zip around without wasting too much energy and still be able to protect himself.

But now that you think about it, I'm sure his mother was inspiration too...how she used to surf on water and all.

I think it was the technique that he invented to gte his arrows...just because we've never seen anything like it.

What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.
--Philipians 4:9
Weege the Airbender
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Airbender for Life

« Reply #27 on: Sep 28, 2014 07:03 pm »

I apologize if this topic has already been made (I searched and could not find anything). What are your favorite fights in The Legend of Korra?

Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya vs. Red Lotus
Korra vs. Vaatu and Unalaq (Darkness Falls/Light in the Dark)
Korra vs. Tarrlok
Korra vs. Red Lotus
Red Lotus vs. Heroes (Zaofu)
Mako and Bolin vs. Ming Hua and Ghazan (Both times)
Korra and Tonraq vs. Zaheer
Amon vs. Korra and Mako
Red Lotus vs. Tonraq, Zuko, Desna and Eska, and Druk
Mako and Bolin vs. Unalaq

These are the top ones for me. There are other great fights, obviously.

"I told you I would destroy you."
"With you out of the way, I will be the one true Avatar."
"Your name will echo throughout history: Korra, the last Avatar."
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #28 on: Sep 28, 2014 07:49 pm »

My fav fights (in order) have got to be:

6) Korra vs Tarrlok
5) Mako + Bolin vs Ming-Hua + Ghazan (the stakeout)
4) P'li's prison break
3) AS Korra vs flying Zaheer
2) Red Lotus vs NAT
1) Korra vs Unalaq (darkness falls, not Kaiju fight)

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #29 on: Sep 28, 2014 07:55 pm »

~'Favorite Fights in Korra' merged with 'Favourite fighting sequences in TLOK'~

« Last Edit: Sep 28, 2014 07:59 pm by Spiritwhisperer » Logged

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
OverlordPie
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #30 on: Sep 28, 2014 07:55 pm »

6) Amon vs Korra/Mako
5) Red Lotus vs Metal Clan
4)Bolin vs Ghazan
3) Korra vs Unalaq( Darkness Falls only)
2) AS Korra vs Zaheer
1) Wan vs Vaatu
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #31 on: Sep 28, 2014 08:21 pm »

Book 1:

Korra and Lin vs. The Lieutenant and Equalists. It's the first time we really get to see Lin in action, and the metal cables are a really interesting fighting tool. Korra vs. the Lieutenant is cool because it shows how a non-bender can be a credible threat, but it also shows how Korra is not someone you want to mess with.

I think overall, Book 1 had the least interesting fights. We only really got one good bending throwndown, with Tarrlok and Korra. However, that fight was rather short and not very dynamic. Tarrlok just show icy daggers are Korra the whole time, basically.

Book 2:

Korra vs. Unalaq. This is just a really epic fight. Unalaq and Katara in their water and air spouts respectively allow them to move at crazy speeds. Periodic use of the Avatar State makes the fight interesting. Both of the combatants get their moments to shine, and the moves they pull off are really powerful. Huge fire blasts, giant water whips, and massive boulders are thrown around like they're nothing, and it's a blast to watch.

Book 3:

The Red Lotus vs. Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi. I like this fight because it shows how dangerous the Red Lotus are without making any of Aang's kids look bad. For example, to make the Red Lotus look really powerful, Esna and Deska were taken out in seconds by Ming Hua, and Zuko couldn't deflect two rocks from Ghazan. In this fight, everyone had a respectable showing. Tenzin showing Zaheer how to really Airbend is definitely a highlight, as is Ming Hua using the water from Kya's attack to form multiple water arms.
Fate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Avvy made by caves.

« Reply #32 on: Sep 29, 2014 09:48 pm »

Book 1:  Korra vs. Tarrlok (108) and the Yue Bay battle in 111 (still the coolest battle in the franchise, IMO)

Book 2:  Korra vs. Unalaq and Tonraq vs. Unalaq (That brother-on-brother fight was the most brutal bending battle in the whole franchise up until that point.)

Book 3:  Zaheer vs. Korra, in the last episode.  Good God.
PhoenixKing32
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #33 on: Sep 30, 2014 12:09 am »

My favorite fight in the whole series is Unalaq vs Tonraq. Even though it was short lived, it had some amazing bending and the animation was perfect. That ice column that Unalaq froze Tonraq in was pretty legit. The fact that it was brother vs brother made the fight seem that much more serious as well.
Also, was anyone else underwhelmed with the fight between Korra and Zaheer? Like the animation was fantastic but the actual bending was kinda subpar. Korra just threw rocks at him and fire blasts and some water streams. Like did any of Korra's attacks even hit him besides that water stream that froze his foot? Also it didnt last that long which kinda sucked.

It's time for this world to end in fire and for a new world to be born from the ashes.
Robotman
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #34 on: Sep 30, 2014 04:24 am »

My favourite battles from Korra are:

Tenzin, Bumi, and Kya vs. Red Lotus
Korra vs Zaheer
Korra Vs Vaatu & Unalaq

I have alot more but those 3 are he main ones that I can think of at the moment.

I know 100% that I am going to love all the fight scenes with Kuvira, we know hardly anything about her character and haven't even seen her fight yet but I know that I will like her from the clips I saw in the trailer lol.

HAIL KUVIRA! THE GREAT UNITER!
Mulan95
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #35 on: Sep 30, 2014 04:55 am »

My favourite fight scene is the one between Korra, her father and Zaheer in "Enter the void". It's just amazing how great Korra fights although she's handcuffed, and I love the interaction/corporation between Tonraq and Korra while fighting.

\\\"True wisdom begins when we accept things as they are.\\\" -Tenzin
bodiggity28
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #36 on: Oct 01, 2014 09:38 am »

There are so many great fight scenes in this series.  Trying to pick only a few that really stand out is hard.  But...

Book 1-
Korra's firebending test
Korra vs Triple Threats
Korra & Mako vs two chi blockers
Korra vs the lieutenant on the stadium roof
Tenzin vs mechs

Book 2-
Korra vs dark spirit in the first episode
Wan vs Vaatu
Korra vs "Unavatu"

Book3-
Zaheer's breakout
Ming Hua vs Eska & Desna, then freeing P'Li
P'Li vs dragon (Honor?  I'd love to know the dragon's name)(Maybe not really a fight scene)
Tenzin vs Zaheer/
Kya & Bumi vs Ghazan & Ming Hua
Suyin & Lin vs P'Li (P'Li was a one-trick pony, but the way Suyin defeated her was so brutally awesome...)
Handcuffed Korra & Tonraq vs Zaheer
« Last Edit: Oct 01, 2014 10:00 am by bodiggity28 » Logged
Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #37 on: Jan 04, 2015 12:01 am »

Ok since the show is over now, its probably worth it to give my ranking for best fight scenes (only benders vs benders, so no Day of Colossus fights), Ill try to include a memorable quote to go along with each fight.

Oh and a lot of these are from Book 3, which is to be expected because it was the most action packed Book. I did top 15 fights because its 2015!

15) Korra vs Tarrlok - "Still think I'm a half-baked Avatar!" This fight had an interesting feel to it because Tarrlok was never really a bad guy, yea he was an A-hole, but he was still opposed to Amon and the equalists. I also love Tarrlok's icicle shooting water sphere Grin

14) Lin vs Suyin - "Fighting is all part of the healing process." Beifong vs Beifong, need I say more?

13) Kya vs Zaheer - "Wait...ZAHEER!" First time we really get to see Kya kick some ass, yea she lost, but one on one she fared better than most against Zaheer

12) Korra vs Kuvira (pt 1) - "Come on Avatar, get up! Show me what you've got!" We all knew that this fight was not going to end well for Korra, and she pretty much got the snot beat out of her but Boy was it satisfying to see Korra go all avatar state on Kuvira

11) Korra & Tonraq vs Zaheer - " Say hello to the Earth Queen for me" It was a very interesting dynamic seeing Korra fight while chained up, and also the tag team style of Korra and her dad was fun to watch

10) P'li Prison Break - "Ive waited 13 years to feel this warm" Wow, what a way to open an episode. You know poop gets real when a dragon is invovled

9) Suyin vs Kuvira - Not only was this some of the best choreography for a fight ive ever seen, there was also an emotional layer to this fight with Su having been a mother figure to Kuvira. If only this fight lasted longer

8} Kya vs Ming-Hua - It doesnt get much better than this, two hot waterbenders fighting to the death. Sure no one actually died, but tell me Ming-Hua wasnt going for the kill with that spinning ice blade technique

7) Tenzin vs Zaheer - "As long as I'm breathing, Its not over" First ever Air on Air duel, and wow was that a treat. Tenzin showed Zaheer what a true airbending master is capable of.

6) Korra vs Unalaq - "Vaatu cannot win. Do not give in to 10,000 years of darkness. You are the Avatar." Ok im not talking about the giant monster fight, im talking about the fight beween Avatar Korra and Dark Avatar Unalaq in their human forms. A fight between two Avatars, thats turning the epic scale up to 11

5) Korra vs Kuvira (pt 2) - Strictly talking about the fight that takes place in the Mech control room. Talk about intense; I mean having Korra's big fight with Kuvira take place in such a confined space was very unique and it totally paid off, each hit felt like it was magnified. The scene where Korra and Kuvira hit each other back while in mid air was a sign that these two were way too evenly matched, to the point where you knew this conflict would not end by fighting

4) Lin & Suyin vs P'li - BOOM! This fight was mind-blowing, literally! But seriously this fight was so well animated with all of the explosions, the smoke , and the angles; and then the emotion with Lin and Su's character relationship coming full circle when Lin makes a heroic sacrifice. I feel like you can just put the last agni kai music from ATLA over this and it would fit perfectly (somebody needs to do this)

3) Wan vs Vaatu - "We are bonded forever" Who else got chills down their spine when Raava said that line? It wasnt so much the choreography or even the fight itself that made this one so good, it was the circumstances and the emotion. This two part episode was an example of Bryke's storytelling genius at its finest and the climax here was incredible

2) Red Lotus vs Team Avatar (Terror Within) - "So much for the element of surprise" For a middle of the season fight, this one was built up big time. Both parties were bound to clash and we all knew that it would be crazy, and it was. This was literally one team vs the other, they even took time to discuss battle strategies. There really werent any flashy moves, but it was entertaining as hell to watch.

1) Korra vs Zaheer - "You can't fight me and the poison" This was really the first (and only) time that we saw Korra get consumed by her Avatar State in the way that Aang used to, and this fight was very reminiscent of Aang vs Ozai. The animation of this fight was top notch, especially the uncut sequence of Korra chasing after Zaheer, IMO the sinlge best animated scene in all of LoK. Most importantly of all, the consequences this fight had on Korra were hugely important for the Korra's character development which makes here my favorite fictional character of all time

Wow what a list, this took quite some time to finish, but yea here are my top 15 Legend of Korra fights!

ATLA Keeps: The connection between the ocean and moon spirits, Katara being a worry wort

LOK Keeps: Korra's air glider, Ming-Hua's driving arms, Ghazan's lava shuriken, Jinora's mastery tattoos
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I can't think of anything clever to say.

« Reply #38 on: Jan 04, 2015 02:42 pm »

The last three episodes of Book 3 are my favorite fights in the series. All of them were tense and well choreographed.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character." (As said by me)
Spiritwhisperer
Forum Moderator
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #39 on: Jan 04, 2015 02:43 pm »

Mhmm, Im gonna have to look into making a list. There are so many fights I like.

Korra and Mako vs the Equalists in the revelation is definitely somewhere on my list. I've never seen anything quite like that fight.

"In the beginning the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.”
- Douglas Adams, The Restaurant at the End of the Universe
ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #40 on: Jan 06, 2015 10:00 am »

Does the rooftop battle- korra vs. Lieutenant still get a mention? Because its still got to be one of my favs.

I guess it would be best to start with a list of all the bending fights... Lol

Willy8257
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

RIP Ming-Hua

« Reply #41 on: Jan 06, 2015 10:11 am »

^ oh yea that was a really good one, the setting was cool too being on the glass roof of the pro bending arena

ALTA_FAN
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yes, I am an Avatar Last the Airbender fan.

« Reply #42 on: Jan 06, 2015 10:16 am »

That's what felt like the first cool fight; for korra and for Lin, to me.

Lol, thinking back to when we thought that book 1 was all the korra we'd ever get... Its weird and fun at the same time!

Red Hawk
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #43 on: Jan 15, 2015 05:58 pm »

My favorites, in chronological order:

Korra and Mako vs the chi blockers in "The Revelation"
Korra and Lin vs the Lieutenant and the chi blockers in "And The Winner Is".
Korra vs Tarrlok in "When Extremes Meet".
Wan vs Vaatu in "Beginnings Part 2"
Korra vs Vaatu and Unalaq in "Darkness Falls" and "LIght in the Dark".  Just...all of it.
The battle in "The Terror Within"
Mako and Bolin vs Ming Hua and Ghazan in "The Stakeout"
Tenzin, Kya, and Bumi vs Zaheer, Ming Hua, and Ghazan in "The Ultimatum"
Lin, Suyin, Korra, and Tonraq vs Zaheer and P'li in "Enter The Void"
Korra, Mako, and Bolin vs Zaheer, Ming Hua, and Ghazan in "Venom of the Red Lotus"

(man, Book 3 really just killed it with the fight sequences)

Kuvira vs Suyin specifically in "Operation Beifong"
Kuvira vs Korra in "The Last Stand"

What are y'alls' favorites?
Eman5805
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

A Soulful Brother

« Reply #44 on: Jan 16, 2015 12:32 am »

It's really hard to go against the first time Korra faced the chi-blockers.

sidral159
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #45 on: Jan 16, 2015 02:25 pm »

One of my favorite fight scenes is when Bolin and Varrick take on the Earth Empire border patrol, cause of the lavabending.  Then again I'm a sucker for any of the fights that include it. Grin
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna regret doing that, pal.

« Reply #46 on: Feb 23, 2016 07:29 pm »

My favorite from each element.

I like how it spirals.

Bolin just sliced a building in half by himself along with a cool stance.

Mako effortlessly breaks through Ghazan's defenses with a firebending slice.

Meelo is too over powered, would ragdoll Zaheer!

I came to slay.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #47 on: Feb 23, 2016 07:48 pm »

Ming Hua's octopus form is a really cool/creepy move. Also, her ice drill when breaking out P'li was pretty sweet.

Unalaq also had a cool looking ice drill:

My favorite bending sequence is probably Wan sealing away Vaatu though. All four elements working together to defeat the ultimate evil. The epic music helps too.
Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #48 on: Feb 26, 2016 08:54 am »

"Favorite bending techniques/scenes/moves?" merged with "Favourite fighting sequences in TLOK?" and renamed "Favourite fighting sequences/moves in TLOK?" Please SEARCH before creating a new thread next time.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #49 on: Apr 20, 2016 08:37 pm »

Favorite bending moves from Book 3
Ming-Hua's tidal charge

Ghazan's eruption

Mako's trump card

Ghazan's lava shuriken
« Last Edit: Apr 23, 2016 07:47 am by Niko » Logged

Sig by guitarfreak
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up