Jun 23, 2017 11:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 6: And the Winner Is.... (SPOILERS)  (Read 10316 times)
guyw1tn0nam3
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why are you so salty?

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2012 09:04 am »

I, for one, am not excited at all about the idea of robots in Avatar.

though radios and moving platforms are okay?
Look, I know some people are taking robots, but I actually don't think it is a robot. Merely a machine, like the those latch chains, where you can shot out a claw and then have it clamp down on an object. Also I'm sure you've all seen the commercial with the guy with an electric glove, right? So we shouldn't be surprised if the Avatarverse has some advancements that we don't see.

I mean, the Drill from the episode dubbed so, proved this wasn't following our tech advancements. Still I don't think robot levels. Robot indicates a device that can work separately from a human being, doing several or one motion over and over and over again.

There's a difference between having objects that seem realistic giving the time frame and world, and then throwing in a sci-fi/mecha concept that seems out of place. I have qualms too about technology in Avatar, but those are miniscule compared to how ridiculous the idea of robot antagonists sounds.

In the end, it's not even about whether or not the technology of Avatar allows for something like this to happen, because it's feasible. My bigger concern is that it's just a dumb idea. Why would I want to see Korra and everyone else fighting robots? I'd rather see chi-blockers over clunky machines any day.

I'm sorry. I can't hear you over the sound of salt spilling all over the kitchen table.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2012 12:51 pm »

Yeah, but they can only fight Chi-blockers so many times until they become Foot Soldiers, in terms of uniqueness and overall threat.

neverXbroken
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2012 01:08 pm »

I can't find the so-called "leak" but is it this?
http://korranation.tumblr.com/post/19681890205/pencil-test-footage-of-chief-lin-beifong-evading

If so, it's not a spoiler.

RhoughRhinoAlternate
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

The lack of Rhinos, Rough or otherwise, is noted.

« Reply #53 on: May 11, 2012 01:29 pm »

Yeah, I think that just from the airship.

You know...as much as I love steampunk and think technology is a vital part of avatar...I don't think I would like robots either.

In Korra at least, the technology has been rather...down to earth.  Cars, radios, even ariships are all things they really had in the twenties..robots seem kind of out of place.

Ironically enough, they might have worked better in the original series, where you had tanks that could flip themselves, giant drills, and metal airships...however, they stuck to treaded, manned vehicles.

More importantly though, I kind of see the Equalists as more a spiritual group than a technological one, in spite of pre-show conceptions.

All of that said -
I would love to see a robot like machine spirit though.  Who says spirits need to be animals all the time?

My fanfics:http://forums.avatarspirit.net/index.php?topic=14224.0
Keeper of Bomb guys' Outfit and bombs, the drill, and the double chain hammer
fire nation spirit
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #54 on: May 11, 2012 01:34 pm »

im not too sure about having robots in the series. it sounded cool at first, but then, it might be just too over the top. it's like an attempt to get the little boys to watch or something.
Ms.WW
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #55 on: May 11, 2012 02:04 pm »

We don't know that that's a robot and we don't know that that is from this episode.

My keeps: Korra & Tenzin's relationship, Tenzin's air wheel, Tenzin's locket of Guru Laghima, Tenzin's lecture on Monk Tang Xu's historic fast
High Elemental
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Searching for My True Steak

« Reply #56 on: May 11, 2012 02:24 pm »

If it really related to the pencil test from long ago, why is it a spoiler...
I assumed it was because I haven't seen it before, my mistake.

RCNano13
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Howl is Not Amused

« Reply #57 on: May 11, 2012 02:26 pm »

I'm not expecting it to be like an AI. What came to mind was something close to this:

But you know, clunkier...and with wheels.

SS7
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #58 on: May 11, 2012 03:57 pm »

I need to go get some cheese for all this whine that's being shared.

So good to be back. Word of advice to people who don't want to get unfairly banned. Never jokingly post a FAKE website when referring to watching Avatar episodes.
Never realized www.Watchillegalavatarepisodes.net was such a threat to Viacom.
Lavanya Six
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #59 on: May 11, 2012 04:21 pm »

So based on what we see we know that:

1. Amon warns the Council to cancel the finals
2. The Fire Ferrets go to Council to stop them from canceling
3. Council agrees on condition that the police will be there to apprehend Amon if he shows up
4. Amon shows up anyways and somehow gets past all the security
5. He grabs Tahno and takes away his bending, ever the showman
6. Amon flees to his hijacked airship
7. Korra pursues him with the help of Lin Bei Fong
8. During that time, Mako gets electrocuted in the water. (Probably the Lieutenant's doing)

We know he attempts to take Tahno's bending away. Whether he does or not is uncertain. My bet would be that he's interrupted. If only because if Korra is the one saving him, then suddenly she's got another potential love interest. Smiley
Roa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I wish I had some noodles, too bad they bend...

« Reply #60 on: May 11, 2012 04:34 pm »

^ Another one! Aren't the brothers enough?
Though I'm guessing it is taking. Just so that later he some how reforms or something involving spirit energy happens, thus he gains his bending back.

Toph13139
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Four for you, Glen Coco! You go, Glen Coco!

« Reply #61 on: May 11, 2012 05:03 pm »

Maybe they aren't robots but automatons.

Icy_Ashford
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Av & Sig by Maivry

« Reply #62 on: May 11, 2012 05:10 pm »

So the pencil test that everyone is talking about is the one released by Korra Nation a long time ago?

If so, I will lock this thread.

I keep Zuko's dagger & EK coat, Iroh's wisdom, Lu Ten's grave offerings | Mako's scarf, Naga, General Iroh's army outfit, Korra's new formal outfit
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2012 08:55 am »

Episode's gonna start in about an hour, and I don't imagine there will be any more spoilers in the meantime, so it's time to lock this thread.

And since no actual spoilers happened for the episode (all the discussion in this thread can be found in the speculation thread or elsewhere in the main TLOK board), this thread will NOT be merged into the episode discussion thread when the episode ends.

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: