Mar 24, 2017 05:28 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Episode 6: And the Winner Is.... (SPOILERS)  (Read 10121 times)
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« on: May 08, 2012 09:28 pm »

Whelp, new leak came out so I thought I'd get a heads up on this thread for everyone.

For those who didn't see yet, Amon jacks the radio waves again to demand they shut down the Pro-bending finals or suffer the consequences. Rather brazen just declaring his intentions like that, but not without some sense either. Thoughts everyone?
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Why must all of my favorite characters die?!

« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012 09:31 pm »

LOL, guess we saw the clip at the same time. (I'll leave the mods to delete the other thread.)

Well, obviously the council does not shut down the probending arena. Looks like it's getting destroyed.

Also...Bolin's impression of Shin Shinobi is great.

RIP Noatak. You were hot, but you were a psychopath.
I keep Bolin's green sash. Cheesy
purpleeternaldoom
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012 09:33 pm »

Aw man, this is going to be sweet. But the rabid pro-bending fans will not be pleased. Smiley

What am I doing here? Monitoring everything. And I probably forgot to smile. Wait, scratch that, I definitely forgot to smile.
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012 09:33 pm »

^^I was just a little faster in getting it up it seems. Well anyway, its explains why Lin is there now, they likely beefed up security which included her.
Roa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I wish I had some noodles, too bad they bend...

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012 09:34 pm »

Man, I've been waiting to see if anyone was going to make a thread.
So yup...Amon here!

SongoftheHeart
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You 1/2 Japanese girls, do it to me every time.

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012 09:36 pm »

I'm guessing that the clip of The Fire Ferrets jumping for joy in City Hall (from the end of ep. 5's preview) has to do with the Council deciding not to cancel the tournament.

Sig from theamonymous | I keep Bolin's noodle drunkenness at Narook's and Mako burning Korra's parking tickets
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012 09:38 pm »

^^^^There are certain benefits to his strategy, one of which would be to establish his presence/reputation with such a brazen announcement and subsequent attack, the other to undermine the credibility of the Council to defend against him. Fear and panic will set in soon enough now, which will only play to his advantage now that he's decided to go to war it seems.  
Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012 09:39 pm »

The leaker's name is "Agent Feather Hat Man".

This makes me wonder if Korra Nation is intentionally "leaking" clips to get everyone interested instead of just posting them to their tumblr.

familyyguy
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012 09:39 pm »

"Or there will be severe consequences..."

Amon is a complete bada**

munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012 09:40 pm »

Oops, didn't see this before asking on the other thread. Ah well. I guess it is a leak. I thought it might be a preview since they left it out at the end of episode 5

nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012 09:41 pm »

I'm guessing that the clip of The Fire Ferrets jumping for joy in City Hall (from the end of ep. 5's preview) has to do with the Council deciding not to cancel the tournament.

My thoughts exactly.

Also, Amon... you are not too subtle with your intentions and I'm sure there's a reason for that which involves terrifying everyone
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012 09:48 pm by nukilik » Logged
munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2012 09:42 pm »

How is Amon hijacking the radio all the time? Srsly, he should just have his own show. "Morning Radio with Amon and the Equalists".

KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012 09:43 pm »

^^The obvious one would be a demonstration of his power, that no one and nothing can stop him even if they know he is coming. Regardless, he's ready to declare all out war now it seems. Oh, and at the same time it gives him a bit of an excuse that they provoked his retaliation by not heeding his warning when he does strike. 

^He'd likely get jammed/shutdown in turn, better to interrupt so they can't get a lock on his frequency.
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2012 09:44 pm »

^^ "Morning Radio with Amon and the Equalists"?

Well... it's Steve Blum. I know I'd listen to it.  Cool
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012 09:46 pm by nukilik » Logged
Wordbender33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2012 09:47 pm »

I'd listen to Amon radio show anyday. You speak the truth my brother!

There must be more to his plan that just interrupting the tournament and taking people like Tahno's bending away...unless it's just the first major strike to make people realize that he means business, and to raise fear and distrust amongst the people-especially in relation to the council that will fail to put an end to it.

Keeper of Zuko's "So when life gets hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" speech and Mako's "The scarf stays" declaration. Lover of poetry and all things nerdy and worth obsessing over.
Roa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2012 09:52 pm »

The Pros of this situations outweigh the cons of this per-announcement, it seems. All the benders and Pro-benders fans will be scared out of their minds when he pulls of his little stunt, but it also send a message that no where is safe. That he can get at them whenever he feels like.
When that happens. People, especially those in positions of power, tend to act out with a hammer not a needle when handling people like Amon. He wants there to be further ill-thought out attempts to curb his power, which will only help him in the end, by driving a perfect wedge between benders (and their supporters) and non-benders.
It's perfect, so long as all the actor in this play act like their suppose to.
MAWAHAHAHAHA

munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2012 09:52 pm »

So based on what we see we know that:

1. Amon warns the Council to cancel the finals
2. The Fire Ferrets go to Council to stop them from canceling
3. Council agrees on condition that the police will be there to apprehend Amon if he shows up
4. Amon shows up anyways and somehow gets past all the security
5. He grabs Tahno and takes away his bending, ever the showman
6. Amon flees to his hijacked airship
7. Korra pursues him with the help of Lin Bei Fong
8. During that time, Mako gets electrocuted in the water. (Probably the Lieutenant's doing)

KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2012 09:54 pm »

^The electrocution might come before Korra pursues, it looked like the brothers were on the wooden platform Korra lep from before launching herself.
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2012 09:55 pm »

Amon is really stepping up his game. He's about to cross the threshold from promoting equality to straight up assault, I can feel it.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
Wordbender33
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2012 10:02 pm »

Guys, things are getting real now. I feel like this episode is the turning point (makes sense I guess since it is the halfway point of this season) for everything and will definitely set up the rest of what is to come...

Keeper of Zuko's "So when life gets hard, take a bite out of the silver sandwich!" speech and Mako's "The scarf stays" declaration. Lover of poetry and all things nerdy and worth obsessing over.
munchydino12
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Dreams of Earth and Fire

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2012 10:04 pm »

^The electrocution might come before Korra pursues, it looked like the brothers were on the wooden platform Korra lep from before launching herself.

I know, I put it at the bottom because it's uncertain as to when it happens.

Watertaco
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

One ring to rule them all.

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2012 10:18 pm »

Just wanted to know, why aren't links allowed? It's kind of frustrating to see people talking about clips that I can't seem to find.

Keeper of Hasook's Hair, Korra's boots, Azula's fingernails, and a Equalist gas mask!
KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2012 10:18 pm »

^^I think its more likely before, it wouldn't make sense to me if that was the point Amon was retreating as well, nor would Korra likely leave her friends vulnerable like that either before going off to pursue.
Roa
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: May 08, 2012 10:19 pm »

Heads up, it is out on Tumblr that the clip isn't a leaked stolen footage. It was release by members of the Nick staff that handle the internet communication stuff. So watch it guilt free!

Eudaemon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #24 on: May 08, 2012 10:28 pm »

Heads up, it is out on Tumblr that the clip isn't a leaked stolen footage. It was release by members of the Nick staff that handle the internet communication stuff. So watch it guilt free!

Yep!
This guy works on Korra and he says that the only thing ever leaked was the 1st and 4th episode. Apparently, he is some sort of leak hunter?

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: