Jun 24, 2017 06:20 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most powerful bending element?  (Read 82012 times)
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #275 on: Dec 09, 2015 10:21 am »

I'm still not getting why firebenders even need a comet just to fly with their feet. What makes it different from the arms? I feel there are other pyrokinetics out there that can fly without a power boost.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
LunchmanJC
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #276 on: Dec 10, 2015 10:42 pm »

All the elements have insta kill moves that only require talent. With airbending, you can blow up a person from the inside. With firebending, you can cause explosions with your mind or LITERALLY blow up a person from the inside. With waterbending you can kill a person through an infinite number of ways through bloodbending. Earthbending is so versatile that it doesn't even need an insta kill move though lavabending does come close. You can metalbend knives or something. So they are all equal IMO. If it was only considering ATLA, airbending would definetly be the strongest.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #277 on: Dec 11, 2015 02:15 am »

All the elements have insta kill moves that only require talent. With airbending, you can blow up a person from the inside. With firebending, you can cause explosions with your mind or LITERALLY blow up a person from the inside.

Those aren't real powers. Combustion bending is, but that's super rare. When has it ever been suggested that airbenders and firebenders can blow people up from the inside?
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #278 on: Dec 11, 2015 11:32 am »

All the elements have insta kill moves that only require talent. With airbending, you can blow up a person from the inside. With firebending, you can cause explosions with your mind or LITERALLY blow up a person from the inside.

Those aren't real powers. Combustion bending is, but that's super rare. When has it ever been suggested that airbenders and firebenders can blow people up from the inside?
Airbenders could possibly control the air pressure within a body while firebenders could control the heat inside a body other than dropping their body temperature.

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
Prolix
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #279 on: Jan 05, 2016 01:15 pm »

I don't about most powerful, but I'd say waterbending is the most versatile.

'I just want to live in a world where Santa can get into your house, but thieves cannot.'
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're gonna regret doing that, pal.

« Reply #280 on: Jan 25, 2016 05:34 pm »

I don't about most powerful, but I'd say waterbending is the most versatile.
Earth takes versatility. Do you know how many different substances of earth they could manipulate? Crystals, sand, glass, lava, metal, space earth.

As for most powerful it's fire. Like it's even called the element of power. Than it has the most over powered skills. Lightning is pretty much written out of the script because it's too precise and deadly, and combustion bending, I don't even need to explain it. The most powerful benders are mostly firebenders, and if you were to have each character on a team of their respective elements and have them fight...the fight would be over before it even began. Wan the first real firebender(master bender of each element actually) along with one man armies like Ozai, Iroh, and other prime Fire Royals. Fire is the closest thing to energybending and it's the most spiritual if you look at the Sun Warriors, Fire Sages, and that Fire Tribe that healed Korra.

That's just the human benders, dragons can fly with no assistance, are psychic benders, can read your heart and soul, teach firebending and show visions.

Airbenders apparently aren't the only ones who can enter the void? Or maybe this dragon is just special.

I came to slay.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #281 on: Jan 28, 2016 01:25 am »

Earth takes versatility. Do you know how many different substances of earth they could manipulate? Crystals, sand, glass, lava, metal, space earth.

I don't think we ever saw Earthbenders bend glass. Anyways, I'd say water is a bit more versatile. Water can be turned into any of its states woth ease, allowing for a wide range of abilities and attacks. A waterbender could block an attack with an ice wall, melt the wall into a water whip and lash out at an enemy, and then use that water whip to create a cloud of fog and vanish from sight.

Daytime psychic bloodbending also gives Water the most powerful combat skill, but since that's such a rare ability it's hard to say Water>everything else. As always, it comes down to the skill of the individual. No element is objectively more powerful than any other.

Fixed the quote html ~ Icy
« Last Edit: Jan 28, 2016 06:04 am by Icy_Ashford » Logged
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #282 on: Jan 31, 2016 09:22 pm »

Glass is just compressed sand, so it won't be like it's a whole new substance.

An earthbender could do all of those things, infact Toph already has done so against the entire earth wrestling squad. Raise an earth wall, block an attack, throw the wall, hit the opponent with some metal strips or toss then around with a whip and then create an sandstorm for cover and tunnel out of sight. Earthbenders seem to have too many options whilst waterbenders can only bend just water.

Bloodbending was always a little inconsistent to me, it's power seems to fluctuate depending on what the plot calls for, but I wouldn't call it the strongest because there are ways around it, besides outright resisting it entirely. Bloodbenders can't grip you at long ranges nor can they bend you when an obstacle is in the way. They also have to remain focused and have good overall health if they plan on restraining anyone for long.

I came to slay.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #283 on: Feb 02, 2016 11:18 am »

Glass is just compressed sand, so it won't be like it's a whole new substance.

We never saw an earthbender bend glass though, so I'm hesitant to just say they can definitely do it.

Bloodbending was always a little inconsistent to me, it's power seems to fluctuate depending on what the plot calls for, but I wouldn't call it the strongest because there are ways around it, besides outright resisting it entirely.

There's definitely some inconsistencies, but even with that it still seems to be the most powerful ability, at least when wielded by the Yakone family. Nobody was able to straight up break out of the Yakone family's grip except for when Korra overcame a seriously-weakened Amon.

Bloodbenders can't grip you at long ranges nor can they bend you when an obstacle is in the way.

We don't really know the range for bloodbending, but it seems to be effective in most combat scenarios. Unless the bloodbender is fighting someone like P'li in an airship, they should be good to go.

As for obstacles, I don't think that's true. Amon bloodbent Korra despite her being hidden under a table, and Yakone bloodbent tons of people without even looking at them.

They also have to remain focused and have good overall health if they plan on restraining anyone for long.

That's true, but the thing about bloodbending is that they can incapacitate opponents fairly quickly (see: Tarrlok vs. the Krew, Yakone vs. courtroom) if the bloodbender really wants to. And unless they've been severely beaten up before the fight starts, health shouldn't be an issue.
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #284 on: Feb 02, 2016 04:51 pm »

We never saw an earthbender bend glass though, so I'm hesitant to just say they can definitely do it.
To me it should be no harder than when a waterbender manipulates water in different phases. Glass doesn't change in atomic structure when it's converted from sand, after all it's just 'frozen' molten sand.

There's definitely some inconsistencies, but even with that it still seems to be the most powerful ability, at least when wielded by the Yakone family. Nobody was able to straight up break out of the Yakone family's grip except for when Korra overcame a seriously-weakened Amon.
Mako broke out of the grip. Bloodbending stops chi flow but Mako managed to position himself and land a strike on Amon directly, Amon even had to slam him repeatedly to ensure he didn't do it again on top of that he even complimented Mako.

We don't really know the range for bloodbending, but it seems to be effective in most combat scenarios. Unless the bloodbender is fighting someone like P'li in an airship, they should be good to go.
The max range of bloodbending shown was about 20 feet and they would still need to see or know where there target is.

As for obstacles, I don't think that's true. Amon bloodbent Korra despite her being hidden under a table, and Yakone bloodbent tons of people without even looking at them.
She was actually behind a thin sheet, and he knew where she was from the start. Mako went unsensed until he revealed himself. As for the courtroom, Yakone knew where everyone was and nothing stopped him from simply looking either.

I was thinking of a thicker obstacle, could a bloodbender actually bend someone while they are behind a large object. A good example is that Lin couldn't even bend or sense the metal under the platinum until inside.

That's true, but the thing about bloodbending is that they can incapacitate opponents fairly quickly (see: Tarrlok vs. the Krew, Yakone vs. courtroom) if the bloodbender really wants to. And unless they've been severely beaten up before the fight starts, health shouldn't be an issue.
Good point but I think if someone is strong enough they could resist being knocked out, when Yakone put the entire room to sleep each person succumbed to his bloodbending at different times and Aang resisted it long enough to be the last man standing until Yakone put a little more effort in.

I came to slay.
Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #285 on: Feb 03, 2016 01:06 pm »

Second to last to go down was Sokka

Loveislove
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #286 on: Apr 03, 2016 10:46 pm »

I personally say they are all balanced # because you can't say their is an element stronger than one (or more effective) # we all need fire # we all need water # we all need earth # and we all need air # but my point is that if firebending was stronger it wouldn't be beatin by water,earth,or air neither do any element does its the mastery of a person and the circumstanstes # a waterbender has an advantage near pool,rivers,and oceans + a full moon (now in this circumstanse a waterbender could easily defeat all other element benders) another example a firebender has an advantage at noon + sozin comet (a firebender could easily deafeat all other element benders) but not necessiry ass shown in the serious Katara won Azula (while azula powers where charged by sozin comet) but in the end every element has it own weakness and strength even earthbending its not the most powerful element (Katara would win Toph easily in the northern or southern water tribes) or near a water source same as Toph could easily  win katara in a dessert or in such dry places see its the circumstanstes that plays major role thats why the nations were separated each one of them lived in their climates for their circumstanses or bending becomes powerful near their lands even airbending isnt the most powerful one aang was beatin more than 5 times while using his airbending and tenzin too airbending is powerful but not the most powerful like in common sense if aang was creating a large circular wind next to him katara could easily freeze him by breathing ice or toph would trap him underground and zuko would have attacked him see they are all balanced but some people will ask if the 4 elements are balanced why is a bender winning a bender Answer : here i will tell that 100% of circumstance is played here its the circumstances or advantage that makes a bender wins his or her fight and ofcourse there is Masterey
Stormy Daze
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #287 on: Apr 04, 2016 05:58 am »

I personally say they are all balanced # because you can't say their is an element stronger than one (or more effective) # we all need fire # we all need water # we all need earth # and we all need air
How does this relate to the strongest element? I'm sure everyone is well aware that they need air to breathe, no one has went "Hey I can beat this powerful master because he needs water to drink and I'm a waterbender, therefore I am equal to him!". The elements are not balanced, if they were we wouldn't have combustionbenders soloing entire teams of masters.

but my point is that if firebending was stronger it wouldn't be beatin by water,earth,or air neither do any element does its the mastery of a person and the circumstanstes # a waterbender has an advantage near pool,rivers,and oceans + a full moon (now in this circumstanse a waterbender could easily defeat all other element benders) another example a firebender has an advantage at noon + sozin comet (a firebender could easily deafeat all other element benders) but not necessiry ass shown in the serious Katara won Azula (while azula powers where charged by sozin comet) but in the end every element has it own weakness and strength even earthbending its not the most powerful element (Katara would win Toph easily in the northern or southern water tribes) or near a water source same as Toph could easily  win katara in a dessert or in such dry places see its the circumstanstes that plays major role thats why the nations were separated each one of them lived in their climates for their circumstanses or bending becomes powerful near their lands even airbending isnt the most powerful one aang was beatin more than 5 times while using his airbending and tenzin too
Okay. You are bringing up all of this information that's not relevant, of course every bender has some type of environmental advantage, so Katara getting stronger at the poles or Aang getting beat up by firebenders isn't exactly a secret.

aang was creating a large circular wind next to him katara could easily freeze him by breathing ice or toph would trap him underground and zuko would have attacked him see they are all balanced but some people will ask if the 4 elements are balanced why is a bender winning a bender
Aang could have easily just blown them away with that attack as well?

here i will tell that 100% of circumstance is played here its the circumstances or advantage that makes a bender wins his or her fight and ofcourse there is Masterey
Never knew. Of course this still does not explain how elements have more powerful attacks and skill sets, thus not making them even. Lightning for example, the only real counter to it is lightning redirection, so anyone that isn't a firebender is gonna be screwed unless they have plenty of hiding places.

The Aang v. Ozai fight has already shown us that you can't evade lightning for long, and Aang was an airbender, what is a non airbender gonna do when a speedy firebender keeps firing lightning in rapid succession? They can't block it, it goes right through, metal, rocks or water.

Psychic bloodbending is far from equal, no explanation needed.

Spiritbending just gives you a dark spirit army.

Combustionbending is a miniature nuclear weapon fired from your head.

Lightning is too fast and deadly with one counter.

Airbender flight lets you fly out of range and sneak attack.

Lavabending lets the user mold the battlefield to their advantage and counters earthbending completely.

Waterbenders have insane raw power this allowing them to easily flash freeze you, and only firebenders can counter that.

Fire has the most powerful weapons, therefore making it the most powerful, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: Apr 04, 2016 06:25 am by Stormy Daze » Logged

I came to slay.
Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #288 on: Apr 22, 2016 03:15 pm »

Earth. They have the ability to manipulate the earth beneath you or beside you. Meaning they can do things like this:

Instantly sinking someone equals instant win.
« Last Edit: Apr 22, 2016 03:17 pm by Niko » Logged

Sig by guitarfreak
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #289 on: Apr 23, 2016 02:52 pm »

Airbending newbie Bumi dodged it quite well there though. (sorry Tongue)

sig by me.
keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #290 on: Apr 23, 2016 04:17 pm »

So many attacks would be an instant win, if only the targets would stop moving around so much. Cheesy

That said, I do wonder why we don't see more Earthbenders immediately trying to hobble their opponent's feet. I can only assume that such a thing is a slower attack, or takes more power or finesse than most Earthbenders can muster at a moment's notice during a fight, so it's an unreliable tactic. I find it a challenge in my fanfic writing to keep the 'power-level' of Benders at a level that would enable the kind of fighting we saw in the cartoons, because it's all too tempting to go for the cooler power-attacks that would make Benders functionally invincible.

Niko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Bolin time!

« Reply #291 on: Apr 23, 2016 04:24 pm »

Airbending newbie Bumi dodged it quite well there though. (sorry Tongue)
That's because he saw the lava slowly form. If an earthbender wanted to he could've just earth sunk him in an instant.

So many attacks would be an instant win, if only the targets would stop moving around so much. Cheesy

That said, I do wonder why we don't see more Earthbenders immediately trying to hobble their opponent's feet. I can only assume that such a thing is a slower attack, or takes more power or finesse than most Earthbenders can muster at a moment's notice during a fight, so it's an unreliable tactic. I find it a challenge in my fanfic writing to keep the 'power-level' of Benders at a level that would enable the kind of fighting we saw in the cartoons, because it's all too tempting to go for the cooler power-attacks that would make Benders functionally invincible.
I agree. I feel like the earth sink move was banned from usage or something, it was an instant attack as shown here:

Of course if every earthbender went around doing that there would be no awesome fight sequences or even a plot at all.  Grin

Sig by guitarfreak
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: