Apr 26, 2018 04:35 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most powerful bending element?  (Read 94181 times)
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #300 on: Dec 08, 2017 01:41 am »

even a Super-Daytime Bloodbender with Extra Firebending On His Mother's Side can be defeated by a slap at the right time in the right place by a little old man who smiles all the time.

Hah! I understood that reference Cheesy!
What is that in reference to?
AtoMaki
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

ENTP

« Reply #301 on: Dec 08, 2017 08:19 am »

even a Super-Daytime Bloodbender with Extra Firebending On His Mother's Side can be defeated by a slap at the right time in the right place by a little old man who smiles all the time.

Hah! I understood that reference Cheesy!
What is that in reference to?

There is a "little old man who smiles all the time" in the North&South comics. He is also a chi-blocker Wink.

Keeper of Suki's firebending ancestry, the Kyoshi Warrior dojo, the love potion made from rainbows and sunsets and the mecha tanks.

My fanficions.

My Avatar RPG system.
Loopy
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I'm Loooooooopy!

« Reply #302 on: Dec 08, 2017 11:49 pm »

Oh, that wasn't what I intended to reference, but I'll take it.

MrBaconsock
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #303 on: Dec 27, 2017 11:42 am »

It's water.

Day-time, any-time psychic bloodbending.
You can literally strip any bender of his or her power.

I'm sure the other elements have potential that hasn't been fully explored yet, but just going off of what we've seen in the shows, I would say waterbending.
ahintoflime
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #304 on: Dec 27, 2017 12:27 pm »

It's water.

Day-time, any-time psychic bloodbending.
You can literally strip any bender of his or her power.

I'm sure the other elements have potential that hasn't been fully explored yet, but just going off of what we've seen in the shows, I would say waterbending.
That's assuming every waterbender can unlock it if they train enough. You might have to be born into the super special family of mobsters.
The element of surprise is still probably the most broken element. Imagine thinking you are the toughest around and then SURPRISE!
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #305 on: Dec 28, 2017 06:13 am »

I think that Earthbending is the most powerful kind of bending. Any sufficiently powerful Earthbender can open up giant holes in the ground or cause damage on a larger-scale than other bendings rather quickly.

Lava bending itself also pack a ton of raw power and can deal tremendous damage to structures like temples or the walls of Ba Sing Se even with a single skilled user, and sand is also pretty strong in itself, it can get everywhere. Metal bending is also very powerful and pratical, trading lava bending's raw power for more versatility and all.

Of course, you need earth/metal/sand, even the most powerful earthbender is just an average dude in the ocean, but otherwise, Earthbending can easily defend the user from harm and crush the other guy/girl under tons of rocks.
« Last Edit: Dec 28, 2017 06:18 am by Solid Sun » Logged

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Phantom000
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #306 on: Dec 28, 2017 10:53 am »

Me and my nephew talked once about what element we would bend and which was better, he said earth i said water.

"Earthbenders can create walls of stone!"

"A water bender can make walls of ice!"

"I can smash your walls with boulders"

"I can smash your wall with icebergs"

"I can turn water into mud!"

"I can use the mud against you!"

Water is the only element that can be solid, liquid or vapor. So even without blood bending a good water bender, in theory at least, could use the air and earth to their advantage. So the only thing a water bender could not do is burn things, which has its uses but is not the most versatile ability.

QUESTION: Can a waterbender redirect lightening?

Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #307 on: Dec 29, 2017 09:35 am »

Question remains where said waterbender gets his sheer volume of water for that wall and icebergs. Human beings are land creatures, and earth in all its consistencies is going to be in abundance unless the earth bender knowingly puts himself on a boat or on an ice sheet. Even if the waterbender manages to draw water from the air or from plant life, that’s an extra thing they have to do while the earth bender has his element directly at his disposal.

Given a theoretical landscape where there is no shortage of any element, matching earth with ice is going to be evenly matched. Water vapor isn’t going to do much beyond whipping up a dense fog to confuse an enemy. Then again a dust cloud has the same effect, plus hampers ones breathing. Water against earth has mixed results, depending on what consistency the earth is made of, ranging from fine sand to solid granite (excluding materials like metal or lava for now)

As for redirecting lightning, water (non-distilled anyway) conducts electricity, so I guess if a waterbender is quick enough and sees the attack coming, he could shield himself or the intended target with a large volume of water that stays connected to the ground, and hope most of the electricity is diverted through the water into the ground before the lightning bolt vaporizes the shield, or worse breaks the water up into hydrogen and oxygen, and punches through.
Once the lightning bolt is fired, there’s just no time though. The waterbender has more chance attacking the firebender to destabilize him and ruin his shot ( possibly make it backfire even)

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
Pages: « previous page   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: