Jul 15, 2018 09:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The most powerful bending element?  (Read 97147 times)
Solid Sun
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

dio did nothing wrong

« Reply #225 on: Dec 15, 2014 10:49 am »

I sea what you mean.

But outside of dis, on the ground, an earthbender can still kill you easily.

It is true that firebending and airbending can be activated everywhere tho.

Featuring : Polaris, Zyrax HikaruIzumi, Blue Warpath, Prophet of Doom, Weegee the Airbender, TyLuko4Ever, Johan, Riptide, SunxFire and AtoMaki : D
Yougo
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Respect the Screaming bird!

« Reply #226 on: Dec 15, 2014 10:52 am »

Earthbenders can kill you anywhere.
any bender can kill you anywhere, as long as they bring the slightest amount of their element with them, or you bring it along, by bringing your body along.

waterbender: freeze you (healer: mess up your chi paths, bloodbender: twist and shout)
earthbender: rip as little as the dirt from your/his own clothes and use it as a cutting tool. really even a ship has a galley with pottery, or an engine room with coal... get creative (metalbender: feed your buttons and spare change to you) (also it's a matter of time someone figures there's minerals and calcium in bones...)
firebender: burn/boil you (lightning: zap you)
airbender: even if there is no air to bend, but barely enough to breathe*, Zaheer would make sure even that's not an option for you

*otherwise you'd prevent an airbender from killing you by doing it for him

the red-lotus' old prison sites and their subsequent escapes show how little a decent bender needs to be a real threat.

keeper of: the Screaming bird's horrible shreak; The Bendig Mark.
nightingale
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

This duality in me, ice and fire within.

« Reply #227 on: Dec 16, 2014 02:40 am »

The difference between waterbenders and the rest of the benders, is that waterbenders usually find themselves in places with little to no water. Sure, earthbenders don't have earth at sea, but humans live on land most of the time.

But four babies playing a game can make a playworld which licks your real world hollow... I'm on Aslan's side even if there isn't any Aslan to lead it. I'm going to live as like a Narnian as I can even if there isn't any Narnia.

-Puddleglum, The Silver Chair
SunxFire
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Buurn!

« Reply #228 on: Feb 07, 2015 08:36 am »

Firebending is the strongest. Everything about it has the potential to kill or give you 3rd degree burns. But Firebending seems to miss or be blocked alot in the show. When have you ever seen someone survive being hit by lightning( not counting when redirected or when Mako was weakened from being bloodbent)? Everyone fears combustion! Now imagine a Sozin tier firebender draining all the heat from your body. Or adding heat!

Jonas64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Whatever it takes!

« Reply #229 on: Feb 18, 2015 06:40 pm »

Firebending is the strongest. Everything about it has the potential to kill or give you 3rd degree burns. But Firebending seems to miss or be blocked alot in the show. When have you ever seen someone survive being hit by lightning( not counting when redirected or when Mako was weakened from being bloodbent)? Everyone fears combustion!

At their most powerful incarnations, Waterbending is the strongest actually. Tarrlok and Noatak, under the fullmoon, with a lake in front of them...would probably beat even Sozin's Comet boost Iroh and Ozai...

Now imagine a Sozin tier firebender draining all the heat from your body. Or adding heat!

Right now that's only fanfiction. Though you might need that to rival waterbending top-tiers.

Clowngoon
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #230 on: Feb 19, 2015 12:06 am »

Air and water are the most powerful, but earth and fire are the most dangerous.

"Some friendships can transcend through lifetimes."

"Occasionally punching a guy with an electric glove does not make Asami a strong female character."
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #231 on: Feb 22, 2015 04:03 am »

Earth has zero overpowered ablities(maybye lavabending but its slow and blocked) but it has the most versitle standard attacks IMO. It can have span large slow area attacks, to having quick strikes with standard metalbending attacks. It its offense and defense. Speed and power.

Air is not really OP at all unless you are taught my Guru Laghima.

Fire is also pretty OP since now everyone knows Lightning. It is pretty versitile as well since it doesn't need a source. It lacks defensive capablities. A standard Firebender vs standard Metalbender, a metalbender would probably win. Not only does earth block better, a sheet of steel would go right through a wall of air and gas. But insta-lightning and Combustion man are so OP.

Water is the least versitile when it comes to standard waterbending. Without a large amount of water, the waterbender is useless. That is because nobody lives on water. But if you are skilled enough or a genetic freak...your are invincible.
Atren
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Mostly read, rarely post

« Reply #232 on: Feb 22, 2015 05:16 am »

You are seriously underestimating metalbending, there is a reason why Avatar world probably has many times more platinum than our entire Solar System.

Water bending restriction do not really seem to affect master waterbenders that much.

Fire OP part would be combustion, not lightning. In fact I would say Lightning bending is where I would draw the line between powerful and OP abilities.

Air is problematic due to inconsistant use of it, especially on user rather than enviroment around it.
SunxFire
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Buurn!

« Reply #233 on: Feb 22, 2015 07:29 am »

Firebending is the strongest. Everything about it has the potential to kill or give you 3rd degree burns. But Firebending seems to miss or be blocked alot in the show. When have you ever seen someone survive being hit by lightning( not counting when redirected or when Mako was weakened from being bloodbent)? Everyone fears combustion!

At their most powerful incarnations, Waterbending is the strongest actually. Tarrlok and Noatak, under the fullmoon, with a lake in front of them...would probably beat even Sozin's Comet boost Iroh and Ozai...

Now imagine a Sozin tier firebender draining all the heat from your body. Or adding heat!

Right now that's only fanfiction. Though you might need that to rival waterbending top-tiers.
Bloodbending is a hax. I believe a comet Iroh and Ozai can find someway to exploit being bloodbended if Mako could.

WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #234 on: Feb 22, 2015 03:22 pm »

Fire OP part would be combustion, not lightning. In fact I would say Lightning bending is where I would draw the line between powerful and OP abilities.
Are you kidding me? Lightning spam is basically a human machinegun. With Aang never learned redirection it would be Ba Sing Se all  over again. We had to have Mako nerfed just to cover up the inconsistencies.

You are seriously underestimating metalbending, there is a reason why Avatar world probably has many times more platinum than our entire Solar System.
No I'm not. I just explained its effectiveness. Its no way overpowered.
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2015 03:26 pm by WarriorMind556 » Logged
Jonas64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Whatever it takes!

« Reply #235 on: Feb 22, 2015 07:55 pm »

Bloodbending is a hax. I believe a comet Iroh and Ozai can find someway to exploit being bloodbended if Mako could.

Comet doesnt increase bloodbending resistance at all. Not like the AS. The show has demonstrated if youre being bloodbended for the first time...youre completely defenseless...unless your a stronger bloodbender.

SunxFire
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Buurn!

« Reply #236 on: Feb 22, 2015 09:11 pm »

Comet doesnt increase bloodbending resistance at all. Not like the AS. The show has demonstrated if youre being bloodbended for the first time...youre completely defenseless...unless your a stronger bloodbender.
stronger bender. Not just bloodbender.

ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #237 on: Feb 22, 2015 09:38 pm »

stronger bender. Not just bloodbender.

I agree. If Mako as a Firebender can resist Amon's grip (if ever so slightly), a Comet-boosted Firebender should presumably have enough raw power to break free, like an Avatar in the Avatar State.
luvavatar
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #238 on: Feb 22, 2015 09:58 pm »

I think that it is the control of one's chi that makes it able for someone to either bloodbend or resist it. Why else is it usually only during the full moon can a waterbender bloodbend? If it is just water, they should be able to control it easily and yet it is extremely rare and difficult to do so.
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #239 on: Feb 22, 2015 11:39 pm »

If bloodbending was realistic...the moment a person's organs is grabbed, they would get a stroke and die instantly due to their cardio vascular system no longer pumping blood properly.

I think the only chance any non-waterbender can stand up against a bloodbender if they use confusion and range to their advantage, or have a thick enough armor(that covers whole body) to prevent getting their organs grabbed.

The two telekentic powers(waterbending and earthbending) both seemed to be limited by obstacles blocking the element. If a unbendable material is thick enough is blocking a bendable element....the bendable element is no longer bendable.(For example Lin cannot bend the metal Collousus until getting inside the platinum shell.)
Jonas64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Whatever it takes!

« Reply #240 on: Feb 22, 2015 11:48 pm »

Comet boost < Avatar state.

Also, Mako who was stated to be one of the more talented benders...was only for an instance able to resist bloodbending.

Didnt stop him from being ragdolled a second time...totally helpless when Amon became a little more serious.

Of course people are forgeting my original point. If Ozai/Iroh have the Comet, than Tarrlok and Noatak get the full moon...who are the more powerful bending brothers then?
« Last Edit: Feb 22, 2015 11:51 pm by Jonas64 » Logged

WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #241 on: Feb 22, 2015 11:52 pm »

The question is how did Mako resist?

-Amon was trying hard enough?
-Willpower pushed the Chi against the water like a stronger waterbender pushes the water against the blood?
-The lightning charge controlled the plasma which is 55 percent of blood?

We will never know.
Jonas64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Whatever it takes!

« Reply #242 on: Feb 22, 2015 11:58 pm »

He just stripped the Avatar of her bending...its very possible he lowered his guard since he defeated the person representing ultimate bending power.

Ask yourselves this: Did Mako resist a second time?

WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #243 on: Feb 23, 2015 12:04 am »

Kinda, Amon had to slam him into a series of walls in order to subdue him rather than cause the same effect by just injuring him internally.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #244 on: Feb 23, 2015 12:41 am »

Comet boost < Avatar state.

Also, Mako who was stated to be one of the more talented benders...was only for an instance able to resist bloodbending.

Didnt stop him from being ragdolled a second time...totally helpless when Amon became a little more serious.

Of course people are forgeting my original point. If Ozai/Iroh have the Comet, than Tarrlok and Noatak get the full moon...who are the more powerful bending brothers then?

Assuming bending strength is what allows people to resist bloodbending, Ozai and Iroh with the Comet would shrug off Amon and Tarrlok as easily as Avatar State Aang did. Ozai and Iroh with the Comet were probably just as impressive as Avatar State Aang.

Aang with Comet and Avatar State

Iroh with Comet

Ozai with Comet
Jonas64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Whatever it takes!

« Reply #245 on: Feb 23, 2015 01:09 am »

Cant see the pictures on my phone but AS Aang would soundly defeat either Comet Iroh or Comet Ozai (proven in the show).

It cant be just as easily since they are clearly weaker than the Avatar State...
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 01:32 am by Jonas64 » Logged

WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #246 on: Feb 23, 2015 01:21 am »

The only way Ozai can defeat the Blood Family is he snipes them from a distance like Combustion man ( with his lightning of course) and use his jet propulsion to stay away from average combat ranges.
ThaiOzai
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #247 on: Feb 23, 2015 02:13 am »

Cant see the pictures on my phone but AS Aang would soundly defeat either Comet Iroh or Comet Ozai (proven in the show).

It cant be just as easily since they are clearly weaker than the Avatar State...

I never said Comet Ozai or Iroh would beat AS Aang. I'm not stupid. But in terms of firebending displays, Ozai and Iroh displayed power on par with AS Aang. And if the AS>>>bloodbending, then Comet>>bloodbending.

Basically, an Avatar in the Avatar State (no Comet) would have comparable power to a firebender powered by the Comet. And honestly, the Comet boost is probably even stronger than an Avatar State boost. Korra in the Avatar State couldn't use jet propulsion on par with Ozai w/ the Comet, for example.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 02:16 am by ThaiOzai » Logged
WarriorMind556
Can't Create New Topics
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #248 on: Feb 23, 2015 02:45 am »

We have no idea how Yakone would preform vs. Aang if he had a large ocean and the full moon. He may be going as fast as Ozai with a enormous watersprout. I'm not saying he would beat Aang, but saying AS instantly defeats a waterbender that caliber easier than Ozai is an overstatement. Cancelling out bloodbending and running from the AS are different equations.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 02:47 am by WarriorMind556 » Logged
Jonas64
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Whatever it takes!

« Reply #249 on: Feb 23, 2015 04:13 am »

I never said Comet Ozai or Iroh would beat AS Aang. I'm not stupid.

But you did say Comet boost would allow them to shrug off bloodbending just, "as easily as Avatar State Aang did". Which is...completely incorrect. No matter how you slice it.

But in terms of firebending displays, Ozai and Iroh displayed power on par with AS Aang.

AS Aang's firebending is STILL stronger than even Comet Ozai's firebending. However AS Aang is also bending 3 other elements at the same time...while showing up Ozai's firebending. So Aangs AS is him channelling enough power to top-tier bend FOUR elements at the same time, WITH the knowledge of multitudes of previous top-tier waterbender lives, PLUS Raava...to mute telepathic bloodbending...no way will comet boost firebending do the same, "as easily" if it even can.
« Last Edit: Feb 23, 2015 07:02 am by Jonas64 » Logged

Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: