Sep 15, 2019 10:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK Shipping Thread - Part 2 (keep your scarf untwisted!)  (Read 1359617 times)
NeeNee
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

We will not be quiet.

« Reply #9975 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:04 pm »

^ 98 to be precise. Wink

Toph13139
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i sense a disturbance

« Reply #9976 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:08 pm »

Aang's always been a cougar.

That sounds wrong. What do you call men who date younger women?

Panther? Man + Panther = Manther?

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #9977 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:14 pm »

Doesn't cougar go for both women and men?  Undecided

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9978 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:15 pm »

Over here the term is 'cradle-snatcher'.
Toph13139
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i sense a disturbance

« Reply #9979 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:21 pm »

Over here the term is 'cradle-snatcher'.

This is the one I was looking for. There's an almost exact translation in Spanish, but I didn't know if it applied.

Aang's always been a cradle-snatcher.

Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #9980 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:22 pm »

^

When you're over a hundred years old and a chick magnet, it's hard not to be. 

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Toph13139
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i sense a disturbance

« Reply #9981 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:30 pm »

I dare you to say no to this face.

I double dare you.

Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #9982 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:35 pm »

Well, I imagine Lieumon being something resembling Alexander The Great's relationship with Hepheastion. They were best friends, almost like brothers, in both their personal lives and in battle. Hepheastion was Alexander most trusted friend and his second in command as well.

And they also had sex.

It's not the fact that sex diminishes the meaning of the relationship. It's when sex becomes the central plot, the ONLY reason why their relationship is what it is where I see the lack of emotional connection. Sex is not only limited to flesh, because there is also a reason why it can be referred to as "making love" (I hate that phrase so much). It's the physical unity of two bodies whose souls were already sealed together. I see nothing wrong in acting upon your physical attraction with someone if the spiritual, emotional and intellectual attraction is already there. Which is something that I love about Lieumon. Because you can see that those aspects are all in there, if the person is willing to add them.

And they're still homosexual if it's between people or characters of the same gender, even if there's no sex involved.

I understand what you are saying but the thing is I tend to see romantic relationships as not needing sexuality to express themselves and I think in some cases sexuality can lessen the value of that relationship. Like I think in a relationship between men, often these bonds are stronger between the two men than that which they have with their wives and I think in these relationships what makes them superior to the spousal relationship is that it is a relationship that is of higher spiritual nature where sexuality is not needed nor is desired, but there is still a deep love, admiration and intimacy.

So with Lieumon, I feel that the presence of a sexual relationship between the two cheapens it, takes away a lot of the characters' honor and virtue by bringing one of them (usually Lieutenant) down to the role of a wife or lower than that as opposed to a brother in arms. Again, that's just the way I feel about it due to my own understandings of love and sexuality.

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
Singe
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9983 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:37 pm »

Someone should customize a doll to look like Asami. Give her a custom black Equalist glove.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9984 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:42 pm »

Well, I imagine Lieumon being something resembling Alexander The Great's relationship with Hepheastion. They were best friends, almost like brothers, in both their personal lives and in battle. Hepheastion was Alexander most trusted friend and his second in command as well.

And they also had sex.

It's not the fact that sex diminishes the meaning of the relationship. It's when sex becomes the central plot, the ONLY reason why their relationship is what it is where I see the lack of emotional connection. Sex is not only limited to flesh, because there is also a reason why it can be referred to as "making love" (I hate that phrase so much). It's the physical unity of two bodies whose souls were already sealed together. I see nothing wrong in acting upon your physical attraction with someone if the spiritual, emotional and intellectual attraction is already there. Which is something that I love about Lieumon. Because you can see that those aspects are all in there, if the person is willing to add them.

And they're still homosexual if it's between people or characters of the same gender, even if there's no sex involved.

I understand what you are saying but the thing is I tend to see romantic relationships as not needing sexuality to express themselves and I think in some cases sexuality can lessen the value of that relationship. Like I think in a relationship between men, often these bonds are stronger between the two men than that which they have with their wives and I think in these relationships what makes them superior to the spousal relationship is that it is a relationship that is of higher spiritual nature where sexuality is not needed nor is desired, but there is still a deep love, admiration and intimacy.

So with Lieumon, I feel that the presence of a sexual relationship between the two cheapens it, takes away a lot of the characters' honor and virtue by bringing one of them (usually Lieutenant) down to the role of a wife or lower than that as opposed to a brother in arms. Again, that's just the way I feel about it due to my own understandings of love and sexuality.

So if he assumes the role of a wife that inherently lowers his status in the relationship?
« Last Edit: Oct 20, 2012 01:12 am by Mr Grieves » Logged
nukilik
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I tried!

« Reply #9985 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:50 pm »

^ Yeah, I'm not getting that either :p

http://dvdscreenshots.avatarspiritmedia.net/atla/101/214.jpg[/img]

I double dare you.

Nnnn.... YES!

Darn it!
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012 08:52 pm by nukilik » Logged
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #9986 on: Oct 19, 2012 08:53 pm »

^^ All I'll say is that the Gaang were wives and husbands too, ya'know.  Roll Eyes

I double dare you.

Must not look into ey-YES!

Dang it. T_T
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012 10:29 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Toph13139
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i sense a disturbance

« Reply #9987 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:05 pm »

So, to you, an asexual relationship has more value in another level because of the lack of intimacy. See, I completely and totally understand this. But it is weird to me that you say that when you add the physical act of loving someone it somehow makes the relationship less than what it is just because it is not limited to the spiritual, as you call it, side of the whole deal of being together. Particularly with your example of the spousal relationship as opposed to the Bromance, to call it something... extremely unsophisticated. This reminds me of how the Greeks saw relationships: women are the vessels for our kids to exist, but it's not love. True love is found in the love for an equal. And the thing is, you know, usually when men get married, nowadays at least, they marry someone they see as their equal who can be just as capable as any of their friends to become their brother, or in this case sister, in arms.

See, the intimacy of which you speak and the love and admiration, yes, it can be reached without the need to add sex in the equation. But when you have all those things combined within you and you feel them towards another person, there is absolutely nothing that will make it be less important. It's just natural to go down that path if you love someone, because having the spiritual and emotional connection is not enough. You want to feel them here, next to you and with you and, what the hell, you want to feel them inside you too. Because they literally complete you and feel that void in your life. Because having sex is not wrong, let alone if it's with someone you have such an out-of-this-world connection with. You'd obviously want to have sex with that someone.

I like that aspect of Lieumon, and I am glad many people in S.S. Crying also see that part of the relationship: they both stand on equal grounds and they have a deep respect for each other, and it shows constantly in the series. The ENTIRE CONCEPT OF LIEUMON was, in fact, based on the fact that they were shown to be more than just boss and subordinate, but rather very close friends, with a friendship that's lasted for many many years and then it ended such tragically. We just added the actual "love" words.

Also, "role of a wife"? Nor Amon or the Lieutenant have the "role of a wife" in here. Because they're both men. No one is a wife here. ._.

UnownLegend
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Thank you Returnable Memory for the set!

« Reply #9988 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:19 pm »

"S.S. Crying" bwahahahaha

man you guys, i think i'm gonna stay away from this discussion.

proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #9989 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:31 pm »

^^ All I'll say is that the Gaang becoming wives and husbands never changed the fact they were some of the greatest warriors in the Four Nations.

I double dare you.

Must not look into ey-YES!

Dang it. T_T

You know, given this evidence, I bet Aang never had trouble getting any from Katara.  They must have good birth control in the Avatar world!
kikyou1
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am what I am.

« Reply #9990 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:33 pm »

^ I think there was a joke about that with Korra asking Pema about it and Pema replying with something like "YOU THINK THAT IF I KNEW THAT I WOULD HAVE 4 KIDS?!" xD

Click signature for free gfx.
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #9991 on: Oct 19, 2012 09:35 pm »

^ Three words.

Water. Tribe. Charm. Cool

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Spirit of Flame
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

History teacher @ the first school of Soundbending

« Reply #9992 on: Oct 19, 2012 10:43 pm »

So, to you, an asexual relationship has more value in another level because of the lack of intimacy. See, I completely and totally understand this. But it is weird to me that you say that when you add the physical act of loving someone it somehow makes the relationship less than what it is just because it is not limited to the spiritual, as you call it, side of the whole deal of being together. Particularly with your example of the spousal relationship as opposed to the Bromance, to call it something... extremely unsophisticated. This reminds me of how the Greeks saw relationships: women are the vessels for our kids to exist, but it's not love. True love is found in the love for an equal. And the thing is, you know, usually when men get married, nowadays at least, they marry someone they see as their equal who can be just as capable as any of their friends to become their brother, or in this case sister, in arms.

The way I see things, there are various kinds of love out there. Marriage for me requires love and friendship but it's of a different breed. And because marriage has a sexual nature to it that defines it, it is bound to the body. The reason I find asexual relationships to often be of a higher degree I think is because it is these relationships I feel more often help teach people how to truly love and become more spiritual persons who have no regard for the body except as is necessary. It helps teach better how to love purely for the sake of loving and that love, loving, and being loved is something that is beyond the physical although it may manifest physically in certain forms and gestures. I feel like when a person associates "love" with a specific physical behavior, then one has kind of lost sight of what "love" really is. I've understood the goal to be to live in the body but not of the body, and part of that process is learning to love without the body so that one can successfully love with the body and not of it. Sexual relationships are good,  but they will mislead you from what true love is if you can't love without them.

Also, "role of a wife"? Nor Amon or the Lieutenant have the "role of a wife" in here. Because they're both men. No one is a wife here. ._.

Sorry, I meant to simply say that I felt it did the male/male relationship no justice since a duty given to the female is inevitably done by a male unto another male, hence one is acting like "a wife" in such a case from my perspective though I didn't mean this to suggest anything against women.

I like your input, but I think in the interest of not derailing the thread, we should perhaps hold off this topic til another time. Smiley

Keeper of Tahno's mp3 player.

http://firenationfan.deviantart.com/art/Fire-Nation-Pride-Signature-65391719

"Some traditions have purpose."
proudinfidel
On Probation
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee Cleavage Rules!!

« Reply #9993 on: Oct 19, 2012 10:59 pm »

Once you go water tribe, you never
^ Three words.

Water. Tribe. Charm. Cool

Once you go water tribe, you never go back....
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Do the thing!

« Reply #9994 on: Oct 19, 2012 11:03 pm »

No one can ever resit that Water Tribe Charm...

Source
« Last Edit: Oct 19, 2012 11:26 pm by Avatar Lizzy » Logged

Sig by Guitarfreak.
Mr Grieves
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9995 on: Oct 19, 2012 11:44 pm »

Sorry, I meant to simply say that I felt it did the male/male relationship no justice since a duty given to the female is inevitably done by a male unto another male, hence one is acting like "a wife" in such a case from my perspective though I didn't mean this to suggest anything against women.

But as far as I can see, its you who are putting that spin on it. I don't see how Lt. has any burden of wifely duty in their relationship, unless you inherently consider someone being of lower rank/taking orders as feminine, which is suggesting something against women.
Toph13139
Banned Member
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

i sense a disturbance

« Reply #9996 on: Oct 19, 2012 11:49 pm »

^ This.

And the Lieutenant tops anyway.

shorewall
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Yeah, baby!

« Reply #9997 on: Oct 20, 2012 12:02 am »

Asami as Tenzin's second wife.   Wink

(Imagine the reaction.  Especially if Asami was cool with being second?)

"The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost. The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed. Since beginning-less time, darkness thrives in the void but always yields to purifying light."
drhorrible61
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

I am the first Jinora fan.

« Reply #9998 on: Oct 20, 2012 12:12 am »

Wouldn't be the first time Tenzin had upgraded to a newer model.

Old School
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #9999 on: Oct 20, 2012 01:31 am »

It is rare that a conversation about a ship involving two non-obscure characters comes along and catches me completely off guard. My usual reaction to such an occurrence is something along the lines of "AHAHA OH WOW THAT SOUNDS AWESOME I MUST SHIP IT NOW". Somehow Tenzami does not inspire this reaction.

...I kinda wish it did, but it doesn't.
Pages: « previous page next page »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: