Nov 15, 2019 02:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:
ASN Mainsite: AvatarSpirit.net

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: next page »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TLOK Shipping Thread - Part 2 (keep your scarf untwisted!)  (Read 1372833 times)
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« on: Apr 28, 2012 10:59 am »

IMPORTANT NOTE:
Keep the shipping conversation at a PG-13 level or below. Remember that ASN is a family-friendly website and that there could be young children reading the thread. You can discuss any ship you want, but you MUST keep the conversation non-explicit.

Failure to comply with these rules will result in a 7-day probation, but if an offense is serious enough it could warrant a 7-day ban instead. Any infraction after the first probation will result in a 7-day ban. No appeals.

Additional Rules:
  • No knicker twisting, purple or otherwise Smiley
  • DO NOT post images that are too big (more than 100-300 kb); link to them instead.
  • Please don't post many (~10+) images in a single post.
  • Raunchy images are NOT ALLOWED (see giant warning above about keeping it PG-13 or below).
  • LINKS to raunchy images are NOT ALLOWED EITHER (same reason as above).
  • And for the love of cabbages, if you want to quote a post with lots of images, turn the images into links.

Previous Parts:
- TLOK Shipping Thread (don't get your scarf up in a knot!)

Original post below. ~SMBH

WOOO! PAGE 401!

Err, well now that this is a new thread, let me top it off with a couple of my favorite Brolin artz.

Mah boiz. <3
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012 11:13 am by SMBH » Logged

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #1 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:01 am »

WOOO! PAGE 401!

Oh, right. Didn't notice when that happened...

Alright, locking... Give me a few minutes to make the new thread and get everything sorted out.

Ok, TLOK Shipping Thread, Part 2. Carry on now.
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2012 11:04 am by SMBH » Logged

ATLA Keeps: Kuei's necklace, Pandalilies, Zhaodburns, Sokka's DoBS speech
TLOK Keeps: Sparkly bush, Aang's statue, Korrlok, Asami's racetrack
earth_lizard
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:04 am »

LOL, really guys?! I know the first shipping thread started long before the show even started, but we're only 4 episodes into the series and there's already a shipping thread part 2?! Haha, I love yall. xD

iKeep: Bolin's green eyes, the new winged lemur species
My Graphics
aa623
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Ty Lee <3

« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am »

Are fandom just doesn't quit lol wouldn't have it any other way.

Keeper of the mural of Earth Kingdom Avatars from 103, the theory Ty Lee is descended from Air Nomads, Ty Lee's "At least I'm different now!" the theory that Pema is Ty Lee's daughter, Ikki's grey eyes, Mako's amber eyes, and Ikki's quote about the best way to win a boy's heart from 105.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #4 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am »

Soo...Makorralinami anyone?

Keeps: Sokka's "Yes! Yes it can!"; Young!Mai's hair ribbons; Aang's big ears, the hidden Kataang kiss from 202
Korrasami bromance; Older!Aang's beard; Jinora's "Stay away from my dad's ex-girlfriend!"
crazyanimefan
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Love is hard when you're young. It gets better.

« Reply #5 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:06 am »

Okay, so I still think Masami is cute, but I still can't get behind it. I feel like what I felt with Sukka: it's cute, but no real substance (as of their first introduction).

That said, I don't even give a crap about shipping anymore because all I want at this point is to see Korra be happy and safe. KORRA/HAPPINESS IS MY OTP.

gonewiththewind17
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Asami, the nonbending swagbender

« Reply #6 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:06 am »

New thread! :-o.

In any event, do you guys think Asami will be a long term love interest for Mako or no?

“Until the day when God will deign to reveal the future to man, all human wisdom is contained in these two words,—'Wait and hope.'”
 -Alexander Dumas, The Counte of Monte Cristo

Icon by Plushu Smiley
Tosh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #7 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:06 am »

Masami ftw.
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #8 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:06 am »

this love triangle looks messy...tho korra didn't seem that jealous

The_Elite711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're a squid you're a kid you're a squid...

« Reply #9 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:07 am »

...I thought the page limit was much larger than just 401 Undecided. I thought the whole thread got locked for over excitement or something, like "Ok people this will be locked temporarily, we need to calm down about this!" Heh its happened before right? Tongue

oh. my. gosh. my makorrian side just died a little

i like asami, and i think mako/asami seems a good ship, but makorra!!!

page-claim for makorra~

I know what you mean Sad. I love Makorra because it kind of seems, natural almost. It reminds me of the scenario like "two people that are just good friends, but sometimes get into awkward situations and something else might bloom out of it"...that kind of thing. Masami is already doing great so far, though something tells me it will only get the good early start but crash and burn. We will find out as new episodes roll out, but so far I do like both ships...I really do! For the first time I feel like there is some real competition between a person's heart, in ATLA it was kind of...obvious and it never really showed signs of budging from it. This feels like a real tug of war kind of scenario, and I LOVE IT!

this love triangle looks messy...tho korra didn't seem that jealous

Korra not jealous? "Oh and why haven't you told me about 'Her?'" I think thats some jealousy if I've ever seen it Tongue

Keeps: Roku bending the elements at the same time, Water Tribe subs in DoBS, Korra's hat, the Probending arena!
Tosh
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #10 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:07 am »

Okay, so I still think Masami is cute, but I still can't get behind it. I feel like what I felt with Sukka: it's cute, but no real substance (as of their first introduction).

I don't think any of the first introductions are met with a lot of substance. Makorra started with Mako being a total jerk to Korra...
NicoSchmiko
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #11 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:07 am »

I just want Bolin to end up with anyone. Someone. He is too damn cute to end up alone.

kitsuneopal
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #12 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:07 am »

Soo...Makorralinami anyone?

Oh yea Cheesy totally
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #13 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:08 am »

...I thought the page limit was much larger than just 401 Undecided.

The limit is 10,000 posts, which happens with the first post of page 401.

guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #14 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:11 am »

...I thought the page limit was much larger than just 401 Undecided. I thought the whole thread got locked for over excitement or something, like "Ok people this will be locked temporarily, we need to calm down about this!" Heh its happened before right? Tongue

oh. my. gosh. my makorrian side just died a little

i like asami, and i think mako/asami seems a good ship, but makorra!!!

page-claim for makorra~

I know what you mean Sad. I love Makorra because it kind of seems, natural almost. It reminds me of the scenario like "two people that are just good friends, but sometimes get into awkward situations and something else might bloom out of it"...that kind of thing. Masami is already doing great so far, though something tells me it will only get the good early start but crash and burn. We will find out as new episodes roll out, but so far I do like both ships...I really do! For the first time I feel like there is some real competition between a person's heart, in ATLA it was kind of...obvious and it never really showed signs of budging from it. This feels like a real tug of war kind of scenario, and I LOVE IT!

this!

i just think a bit that mako/asami, mako mainly likes her for her looks :|
and then he could feel the need to stay with her cuz of the help he's getting from her dad
it seems...messy >.>

Korra not jealous? "Oh and why haven't you told me about 'Her?'" I think thats some jealousy if I've ever seen it Tongue
yeah, but she didn't go all crazy on mako XD
knowing korra, that seemed more venting out frustration with all the stress she's been having

KrimzonStriker
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #15 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:13 am »

Continued from last shipping thread

And besides, to those who say 'give 'em time', the entire B plot was Masami....so, surely they could've done more with it if they had chosen to do so?

We JUST got introduced to her, and resolved the issue of the sponsorship to settle as well. Mako didn't exactly make any statements character wise when he was first introduced and he was part of the main pro-bending plot.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #16 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:14 am »

Nice touch to the thread title, SMBH. Cheesy

Stupendous
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

juice for grown-ups

« Reply #17 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:14 am »

You know, I was at first excited with the prospect of Makami, but now... I don't like it as much as I thought it would. I think it's because I'm frustrated with Mako.

Asami seems awesome, though, and it's pretty great. :-D

In any case, Tarrlok was totes Pema's ex. That's why Tenzin and Tarrlok hate each other. O:

Keeper of Korra's armband, Asami's impeccable style, and the Air Kids' sibling shenanigans
SMBH
ASN Management
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

Lord Zuko is not amused

« Reply #18 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:15 am »

It was either that or "get your buttcape out of your bum".

The scarf one is nicer.

TheLionTurtle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #19 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:19 am »

I just want Bolin to end up with anyone. Someone. He is too damn cute to end up alone.
Agreed!  He's too adorable.  Still, I was really hoping for Bosami and Makorra so you can imagine how I died a little inside when Makami happened.  I love Borra too though, so s'all good!  Still, I had high hopes for Asami and at the moment she just kind of bores me--of course, we're only one episode in, but still.  I mean, I loved Bolin and Korra and Mako the first time they made an appearance and that just didn't happen with Asami.  So, here's hoping for an epic, badass Asami in future episodes!  And I'm still going to desperately hope for Makorra--you can't put in a scene like this;

http://static.tumblr.com/uazotvv/wn5m2x6x1/makorra_sleep.gif

And just go nowhere with it.

Plus, Makami just didn't click for me--it happened too fast I think, and I agree with the "it's just lust" (who Asami was based on! :O) thought, at least at the moment.
tophness
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

^ She's a cutie.

« Reply #20 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:21 am »

I don't know what I ship anymore, honestly. Makorra can happen, Borra can happen, Bosami can happen, Masami can happen, I don't care. I just like shipping.

The_Elite711
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

You're a squid you're a kid you're a squid...

« Reply #21 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:22 am »

So who wants to ship Meelo and the bathroom/toilet? Oh Tenzin, I feel bad for him sometimes for having to deal with all those kids Tongue.

It was either that or "get your buttcape out of your bum".

The scarf one is nicer.

This made me laugh for half a minute Tongue.

I don't know what I ship anymore, honestly. Makorra can happen, Borra can happen, Bosami can happen, Masami can happen, I don't care. I just like shipping.

SHIP ALL THE SHIPS!

Keeps: Roku bending the elements at the same time, Water Tribe subs in DoBS, Korra's hat, the Probending arena!
guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #22 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:23 am »

seconded Cheesy

now i think i'm shipping borra more....still a makorrian, but seriously mako, why did you have to go to asami that easily?  Roll Eyes

So who wants to ship Meelo and the bathroom/toilet?

me!!! i wonder what he peed on XD

TheLionTurtle
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

« Reply #23 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:23 am »

And more MakoxScarf!  So beautiful :')

guitarfreak
Never Gonna Give Yue Up

bamfs~

« Reply #24 on: Apr 28, 2012 11:24 am »

^ that was fast!

Pages: next page »   Go Up
  Print